How to block Zip files

I just noticed that outlook is letting users accept any file as long as it
is in a zip file . I want to now block Zip files. How do I do this?

You can do this by installing the admpack.exe available in the Office
Resource Kit. Other options might be available on your corporate firewall or
virusscanner.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Backup and Restore

-----
"AlanM" <nooneatall@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>I just noticed that outlook is letting users accept any file as long as it
> is in a zip file . I want to now block Zip files. How do I do this?

0
Roady
7/12/2004 6:54:55 AM
"AlanM" <nooneatall@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eUGllA9ZEHA.1840@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
I just noticed that outlook is letting users accept any file as long as it
is in a zip file . I want to now block Zip files. How do I do this?

0
Jamelia (35)
7/12/2004 8:55:46 AM
You can configure Outlook to block zip-files throu registry keys and in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=837388 you
can found out how.

Jamelia

"AlanM" <nooneatall@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eUGllA9ZEHA.1840@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
I just noticed that outlook is letting users accept any file as long as it
is in a zip file . I want to now block Zip files. How do I do this?

0
Jamelia (35)

Outlook ,blocks
When I receive mail in Outlook or Outlook Express, the program blocks almost every time, certainly after I removed some emails ? Define "blocks". The 'block' we're most familiar with is blocked attachments, but it doesn't sound like you are talking about that, but if you are... See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm. If you use OE, hit Forward o...

Autocorrect file?
How do I find and transfer my AutoCorrect file from Office2007, running Windows 7, to another machine? I can't locate the file. I have done this before when running XP. Unformatted AutoCorrect entries are stored in an *.acl file (a separate file for each language installed). It should be in the %appdata%\Microsoft\Office folder. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "tobodoc" <tobodoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF92E110-F1E7-4F58-AF33-E3C6D7D72483@microsoft.com... > How do I find and transfer my AutoC...

Primary data files rebalancing
I have inherited a database that has a single mdf of approx 600 gb. I need to break this up to more manageable chunks and to have the ability to spread across multiple predefined Luns. I understand how to add filegroups/files but my dilemma is how to rebalance the load across the files within the filegroup. I have already created a secondary filegroup with a defined file and have moved certain tables to the new filegroup. This new file is on a slower spindle (Lun) and the contained tables are rarely accessed. So far so good. After doing a file shrink on the Primary mdf an...

Insert file name into header
I need a macro or something that automatically insert the file name of the excel file into the header or footer, does not matter which, i dont need the directory path. Either this or automatically insert into the header or footer the contents of a specific cell in the worksheet. the cell address will never change., if i create a new worksheet, same cell address needs to go into the header thanks pat Try here: http://www.mrexcel.com/tip055.shtml best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Patrick" <Patrick@di...

Zip code loses leading zero Mail Merge from Excel to Word Labels
Even though formatted as zip codes, I cannot get the leading zero to show in my zip codes when using Word mail merge to create address labels. Example: 04103 shows up on the label as 4103 Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill has instructions here: http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/CustomizingWord2002.htm abou...

Blocking email address
we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how to acheive this? Install an antispam service. Perhaps IMF will allow you to do this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44892250-76C8-418D-9705-DAE7F407A699@microsoft.com... > we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so > that no one in our organization gets that email. Coul...

"Best Practice"
Hello all, I am in the process of setting up new templates for our company. There are quite a few templates, and all have similar characteristics but slightly different information. I am creating them as .dotx files (working in Word 2007). I'm trying to figure out the best way to use Quick Parts within the context of multiple templates. There is some information (for example, addresses of different company locations) that need to be inserted into several of the templates. I'd like to create Quick Parts for doing this, and in fact have done this in one of the templat...

Header in Job Step Output file
I created a job with a simple T-SQL query and chose the output to be written to a text file. So while this job runs successfully, producing the desired result, it also includes the following header: Job 'Job1' : Step 1, 'Step1' : Began Executing 2010-06-16 13:25:22 Is there a way for this header to not be part of the output? Thanks. Here's another follow up question: The script simply select three fields from a table, that generats an output similar to this: MerID RFID TermID ---------------- --------- --------------- 3000301544...

Blocking image download automatically
Hi all. Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in Office XP as it is in Office 2003? TIA Guy Not exactly since that feature was added in OL2003. You could use the ReadAsPlain feature: http://outlooktips.net/howto/plain_text.htm "Guy Cohen" <noemail@please.com> wrote in message news:emCL34GqFHA.1096@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all. > Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in > Office XP as it is in Office 2003? Outlook 2002 does not support that feature. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Guy Cohen" <no...

Why aren't blocked senders being blocked?
I have set up a domain as a blocked sender, but I keep getting emails from this blocked domain (e.g. @yahoo.com). This used to work fine in Outlook 2002, but now with 2003, this feature doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com ...

Create renamed copy of file in same directory
Hi everyone, this is my first post here and yes, I'm a powershell newbie. I could not find a solution to my problem online, and I am not getting my little command to work - perhaps someone here is kind enough to offer some advice. :) The task: say I have 3 .jpg files and one tmp-file in my folder c:\test\jpgs\ File 1: house.jpg.test.jpg File 2: roof.jpg.test.jpg File 3: bird.jpg.test.jpg TmpFile: somefile.jpg.test.tmp (please note that I am aware of .jpg showing up twice in each of the actual image files, but ideally I would want this script to only find the file extensions...

Outlook 2007 saves attachments with "Temporary" file attribute set
When I save a file attachment in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, the "Temporary" file attribute is set on the file. This is a problem because Microsoft Office Groove 2007 will not synchronize files with this attribute set. As a result, if I don't remember to manually unset this attribute on each attachment I save, it does not get synchronized by Groove. Is there any way to turn off this "feature"? Thanks for your help! AdamK P.S. The Temporary attribute is very well hidden from the Windows GUI. I've found that the program fileTweak is the best way ...

Delete file
I created a completely new Money 2003 deluxe file from the one I usually use. All I want to know is besides deleting the file, what registry info should be deleted? I don't need the new file just a new account. The only things Money stores in the registry are settings common to all files like check printing alignment. "eingram" <eingram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C87EA04E-706B-4E8D-A336-2931A6C75C81@microsoft.com... > I created a completely new Money 2003 deluxe file from the one I usually > use. > All I want to know is besides deleting ...

Excel not opening files from file icon
Hi all, when I try to open a file double clicking on it or on a link to it, Excel program window opens but the file does not. If I try to open the file from Excel menu "File" -> "Open..." the file opens correctly. I tried to uninstall and then re-install Excel but the problem is still present. My version is Excel2002 SP3 (build n. 10.6501.6626). Thanks for helping!! Mauro Hi Mauro! You can reset the file association for Excel by using the following two strings at the Start/run box: 1. "excel.exe /unregserver" (without quotationmarks) 2. "excel.exe...

How Do I open convert a dbk file
When I transfer data from cellphone, it is stored in *.dbk, Can I use outlook database to convert/open this type of file ext.? Thanks, Rick Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access Co-author: "Access 2010 Solutions", published by Wiley "RickyA45" <RickyA45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Automatic updates of a Publisher file
Is there a way to automatically populate data in a Publisher file? My company has a catalog/price list that is based in Publisher. We issue this catalog to 3 different regions that all have different pricing. If there is a change to a description, a price, etc., I must manually update all three versions of the file. Is there a way that I can create a single Excel file with three different prices, that would automatically feed into Publisher? That way, I would only have to make the change in one place, but the changes would be seen in the Publisher document. Thanks. Mike ...

Exchange Attachment Blocking
During setup Exchange 2003 asked something about attachment blocking, which I said yes to and made sure it had vbs, pif, scr, etc listed...where is this setting if I want to add additional file extensions to the list? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Dave Start here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290499 Scenario 2. dave wrote: > During setup Exchange 2003 asked something about > attachment blocking, which I said yes to and made sure it > had vbs, pif, scr, etc listed...where is this setting if > I want to add additional file extensions to the li...

#REF,ISERROR, File Not Found question.
I have an annual summary sheet that links to 365 separate daily report sheets. These daily sheets are being created automatically once per day. I use the following formula for the February 1 2005 cell: =IF(ISERROR('C:\reports\daily_2005\[DAILY_FEB01.xls]Report'!R20C16)=TRUE,"",'C:\reports\daily_2005\[DAILY_FEB01.xls]Report'!R20C16) This works, but of course the rest of the files for 2005 don't exist yet. What I want is to be able to open the annual spreadsheet up every day, and say 'YES' to the 'update links to other spreadsheets' question, a...

'Some' Word files suddently corrupted
Just today, when I attempted to open some older MS Word (2003) files (in MS Word 2003), a dialog box appeared requesting the type of encoding required. The text appeared all jumbled and included numerous meaningless characters, rather than the original English text. I had recently installed OpenOffice 3.1 in an attempt to open some older OpenOffice documents. I uninstalled OpenOffice but the problem remains? What has happened and is there a reasonable 'cure?' Do the file icons appear to be different than what they were before? It may be that the file association has been...

Function to write to stdio or file?
I would like to write a function that I can pass a handle to a file, STDIO or STDERR. I know how to open a file with fopen but how do I get a FILE handle to stdio or stderr? Can I use streams somehow? If so how? -- Bruce E. Stemplewski GarXface OCX and C++ Class Library for the Garmin GPS www.stempsoft.com fp->getfh() or fp->_file Depending on the implementation... "Bruce E. Stemplewski " <BruceStemplewski@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23h$bhxwBFHA.1392@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I would like to write a function that I can pass a handle to a file, > ...

Moving Outlook files?
How can I migrate my outlook files, email and contacts from old computer to new? Outlook & Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and Dual-Boot: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Ian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B6E0943-09C3-4648-B0B3-3F180C63F88C@microsoft.com... How can I migrate my outlook files, email and contacts from old computer to new? Is there any reason you can't simply copy your PST file, and replace the new one with the old one after installing the new copy of outlook? "Nikki...

blocking senders #2
I'm considering switching to Outlook (Office XP) from OE for my e-mail. OE had an option of blocking senders based on their domain, but I can't find that in Outlook. The only thing Outlook gives me is the option of blocking by the display name or address. For example I want to be able to block everything from @internet.ch not just oiurwfgohgrh@internet.ch (or better yet everything from .ch). I can't even find a way to make outlook display the senders real address instead of a name or how to find the full header, properties & source of a message. -- Bill Mitchell To block a...

File Size Limit in Access 2003 on WinXP Pro?
I've been told that there is a limit to the size of an .mdb file in Access 2003 on Win XP Pro. I get an error message "Invalid argument" when the file reaches 1.99GB. Is this is true, does the same limitation apply to Access 2007 ? If not, I can upgrade my Office to 2007... TIA! -Joe -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Hi Joe, Yes, there is a 2 gig file limit in A2003... If you have compact/repaired your data file and it is still 2 gig, you really should consider moving to SQL Server. Once your data file is this size I don't beli...

Publisher 2002 locked file
I've a 12 user network running Publisher 2002 on Xp Pro PC's and a 2003 Server. When one user opens a document none of the others can open the same shared file on the network. It says that the file is locked because another program is using it. Can't find any reference to this message in the Knowledge Base or anywhere else. Don't have this problem with sharing Word or Excel files as these give the user the option to open the file read only, which is fine. Are there any reasons or restrictions in Publisher that may be causing this problem? As a work-around I can save th...

blocking of email messages with attachments of .exe and .com exten
Hi all. I would like to know if it is possible to block email messages with attachments having .exe and .com extensions using exchange 2000. Can it be set via the exchange 2000 interface? Thanks in advance Hi This can be done with most anti-virus solutions designed for Exchange, you can find more info about them here: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/partners/e2ksolutions.asp Exchange does not have the ability to block emails based on attachment types. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "inenew...