How Does One Limit Outlook Help To Outlook?

If I need to look something up related to Printer I don't want the help program to tell me how to
"Find and install printer drivers for Windows Vista" followed by "Find printer drivers for Windows
XP".

I entered Printer into Outlook help and the first ten results were:

	Add or remove a printer
	Change your default printer
	Find and install printer drivers for Windows Vista
	Find a printer manufacturer's Web site
	Find printer drivers for Windows XP
	Get the version number for your Office program and information about your computer
	Change an ink or toner cartridge
	Printing with Windows XP: Hard copy made easier
	Cancel printing
	Insert special characters
	Print a file
	Print a page or part of an e-mail message

Only the last one pertains to Outlook.
0
Stewart

[Stewart: Please configure Forte to reduce line length so physical
wrapping occurs at 76 characters, or less.  100 characters is too long.
The following content was reformatted.]

Stewart Berman wrote:

> If I need to look something up related to Printer I don't want the
> help program to tell me how to "Find and install printer drivers for
> Windows Vista" followed by "Find printer drivers for Windows XP".
>
> I entered Printer into Outlook help and the first ten results were:
>
> 	Add or remove a printer
> 	Change your default printer
> 	Find and install printer drivers for Windows Vista
> 	Find a printer manufacturer's Web site
> 	Find printer drivers for Windows XP
> 	Get the version number for your Office program and information
>         about your computer
> 	Change an ink or toner cartridge
> 	Printing with Windows XP: Hard copy made easier
> 	Cancel printing
> 	Insert special characters
> 	Print a file
> 	Print a page or part of an e-mail message
>
> Only the last one pertains to Outlook.

In OL2003, and up, and inside of Outlook, hit the F1 key.  In the help
pane that appears, click on the "Online content settings" link at the
bottom.  Configure the options how you want.  Restart Outlook.
0
VanguardLH
11/22/2009 3:27:28 AM
>[Stewart: Please configure Forte to reduce line length so physical
>wrapping occurs at 76 characters, or less.  100 characters is too long.

I think one of the Forte upgrades changed my default.  I have set it back to
76 characters.

>In OL2003, and up, and inside of Outlook, hit the F1 key.  In the help
>pane that appears, click on the "Online content settings" link at the
>bottom.  Configure the options how you want.  Restart Outlook.

There isn't an "Online content settings" link at the bottom in OL2007. There
is a search drop down box and it is set to "All Outlook".  I changed it to
Outlook Help and got the same results.  I closed the help window, closed and
reopened Outlook and tried help again -- same results.  I then selected the
offline Outlook Help and that was mostly -- but not completely -- related to
Outlook.

It appears that the online help is for all of Windows not even just Office
much less just Outlook.

VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:

>[Stewart: Please configure Forte to reduce line length so physical
>wrapping occurs at 76 characters, or less.  100 characters is too long.
>The following content was reformatted.]
>
>Stewart Berman wrote:
>
>> If I need to look something up related to Printer I don't want the
>> help program to tell me how to "Find and install printer drivers for
>> Windows Vista" followed by "Find printer drivers for Windows XP".
>>
>> I entered Printer into Outlook help and the first ten results were:
>>
>> 	Add or remove a printer
>> 	Change your default printer
>> 	Find and install printer drivers for Windows Vista
>> 	Find a printer manufacturer's Web site
>> 	Find printer drivers for Windows XP
>> 	Get the version number for your Office program and information
>>         about your computer
>> 	Change an ink or toner cartridge
>> 	Printing with Windows XP: Hard copy made easier
>> 	Cancel printing
>> 	Insert special characters
>> 	Print a file
>> 	Print a page or part of an e-mail message
>>
>> Only the last one pertains to Outlook.
>
>In OL2003, and up, and inside of Outlook, hit the F1 key.  In the help
>pane that appears, click on the "Online content settings" link at the
>bottom.  Configure the options how you want.  Restart Outlook.
0
Stewart
11/23/2009 5:13:00 AM
i find using a search engine to ask "how to do xyz in outlook" much more
effective than Help.

--

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

www.judygleeson.com
www.deskdoctors.com

Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing
Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website.
"Stewart Berman" <saberman@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> >[Stewart: Please configure Forte to reduce line length so physical
>>wrapping occurs at 76 characters, or less.  100 characters is too long.
>
> I think one of the Forte upgrades changed my default.  I have set it back
> 76 characters.
>
>>In OL2003, and up, and inside of Outlook, hit the F1 key.  In the help
>>pane that appears, click on the "Online content settings" link at the
>>bottom.  Configure the options how you want.  Restart Outlook.
>
> There isn't an "Online content settings" link at the bottom in OL2007.
> There
> is a search drop down box and it is set to "All Outlook".  I changed it to
> Outlook Help and got the same results.  I closed the help window, closed
> and
> reopened Outlook and tried help again -- same results.  I then selected
> the
> offline Outlook Help and that was mostly -- but not completely -- related
> Outlook.
>
> It appears that the online help is for all of Windows not even just Office
> much less just Outlook.
>
> VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:
>
>>[Stewart: Please configure Forte to reduce line length so physical
>>wrapping occurs at 76 characters, or less.  100 characters is too long.
>>The following content was reformatted.]
>>
>>Stewart Berman wrote:
>>
>>> If I need to look something up related to Printer I don't want the
>>> help program to tell me how to "Find and install printer drivers for
>>> Windows Vista" followed by "Find printer drivers for Windows XP".
>>>
>>> I entered Printer into Outlook help and the first ten results were:
>>>
>>> Add or remove a printer
>>> Change your default printer
>>> Find and install printer drivers for Windows Vista
>>> Find a printer manufacturer's Web site
>>> Find printer drivers for Windows XP
>>> Get the version number for your Office program and information
>>>         about your computer
>>> Change an ink or toner cartridge
>>> Printing with Windows XP: Hard copy made easier
>>> Cancel printing
>>> Insert special characters
>>> Print a file
>>> Print a page or part of an e-mail message
>>>
>>> Only the last one pertains to Outlook.
>>
>>In OL2003, and up, and inside of Outlook, hit the F1 key.  In the help
>>pane that appears, click on the "Online content settings" link at the
>>bottom.  Configure the options how you want.  Restart Outlook.

0
Judy

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Help with income/expenses

cant start outlook pst file to large

help with simple maths in excel

Outlook 2003

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Need help with Auto Filter

Can anyone help ?

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Looking for help on timing within a function
At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes. They have asked if it would be possible to put a timer on the front page of the database to show how long they have been working on the current work order, updating each time they sing out another order. I am not very adept at access nor is the rest of our management staff. Is it possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work being done? Use the Form Timer event. Here is an example of how it can be done. In this ex...

Outlook OOF