How does one keep the MSN interface OUT of Outlook?

I use a different IM program and don't particularly like MSN, ESPECIALLY
because it seems bound and determined to integrate itself with every
application I own.  Sorry, I don't like that.  The problem is, every time I
open Outlook now, it loads MSN and asks me to log in.  Is there any way to
remove this application without disabling Outlook?  I know there must be -
but they sure make the directions as to how to do it darned hard to find.

0
Ariel (27)

Yes, it is unchecked.  The program still comes up when I first open Outlook
and asks for me to set up MSN.  My bet is that it is one of those 'autorun'
scripts that comes up when you first open the program, but because I have
never done anything but cancel it, it still comes up.

When I was using Outlook 2000, I tried setting up MSN just to get it to quit
doing that, but then couldn't figure out how to get it out of my outlook.  I
had hoped the upgrade would have removed the software, but apparently not.

Thanks for your reply!

Ariel

"Berkshire" wrote:

> Have you tried Tools | Options | Other...and uncheck 'Enable Instant
> Messaging'?
>

> "Ariel" <Ariel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I use a different IM program and don't particularly like MSN, ESPECIALLY
> > because it seems bound and determined to integrate itself with every
> > application I own.  Sorry, I don't like that.  The problem is, every time
> > open Outlook now, it loads MSN and asks me to log in.  Is there any way to
> > remove this application without disabling Outlook?  I know there must be -
> > but they sure make the directions as to how to do it darned hard to find.

0
Ariel (27)
12/31/2004 1:47:03 PM
Have you tried Tools | Options | Other...and uncheck 'Enable Instant
Messaging'?

"Ariel" <Ariel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I use a different IM program and don't particularly like MSN, ESPECIALLY
> because it seems bound and determined to integrate itself with every
> application I own.  Sorry, I don't like that.  The problem is, every time
> open Outlook now, it loads MSN and asks me to log in.  Is there any way to
> remove this application without disabling Outlook?  I know there must be -
> but they sure make the directions as to how to do it darned hard to find.

0
nfulgham (3)
12/31/2004 3:03:12 PM
Is there anyone who can answer this question?  This post has been sitting
here for three weeks with no reply.  What else can I do to get an answer?

"Ariel" wrote:

> I use a different IM program and don't particularly like MSN, ESPECIALLY
> because it seems bound and determined to integrate itself with every
> application I own.  Sorry, I don't like that.  The problem is, every time I
> open Outlook now, it loads MSN and asks me to log in.  Is there any way to
> remove this application without disabling Outlook?  I know there must be -
> but they sure make the directions as to how to do it darned hard to find.

0
Ariel (27)
1/16/2005 7:53:03 PM
Do the research yourself and not rely on volunteers to do your work for you.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Ariel asked:

| Is there anyone who can answer this question?  This post has been
| sitting here for three weeks with no reply.  What else can I do to
| get an answer?
|
| "Ariel" wrote:
|
|| I use a different IM program and don't particularly like MSN,
|| ESPECIALLY because it seems bound and determined to integrate itself
|| with every application I own.  Sorry, I don't like that.  The
|| problem is, every time I open Outlook now, it loads MSN and asks me
|| to log in.  Is there any way to remove this application without
|| disabling Outlook?  I know there must be - but they sure make the
|| directions as to how to do it darned hard to find.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

can excel check one column against another
Hi. I have a spreadsheet with columns such as A, B, C, D, filled with numbers. Each row across such as row 1, then row 2, then row 3, etc of numbers is totaled in column E. Countless rows, each of which is totaled per row and then ends with a grand total at bottom of column E. Next comes columns F, G, H, also filled with numbers (but different numbers), which is totaled per row in Column I. At the bottom of Column I is a grand total. Even though arrived at using different sets of numbers, -both grand totals - in columns E and I must match. Sometimes they don't match. Ouch. So here is m...

Entourage keeps quitting "unexpectedly"

Advanced Find in Outlook 2000
When I try to use Advanced Find to search for files outside of Outlook (e.g. in 'My Documents')I get the ubiquitous error message:"This program has perormed an illegal operation and will be shut down". This function used to work without problems. Also: Outlook often remains as a TSR after I quit the application even though I have disabled Office in my startup group. I then have to terminate it manually to prevent it slowing down my system. Perhaps these two problems are related. Any clues? David ...

why crash in the second method of one interface
Hi, Using one class generated from *.tlb to call 2 methods of one COM. The strange thing is that I got one error of the "First-chance exception in : 0xC0000005: Access Violation" in the second method. I also use ASP web page to call both methods of this COM and both methods seems is OK. ITemplateManage mytemplate; if (!mytemplate.CreateDispatch("comobj.TemplateManage")) { IDE_Error::Report (ComError|1,"ComObj.TemplateManage in FUN_Template::Add()"); return false; } result = mytemplate.Check (templatefilename); decodeparameter=mytemplate.GetInfo (templ...

Links in Outlook #4
Links that I used in the past from my e-mails now do not go to web page. Instead I get a box that asks about excutable files. (Locate Link Browser) How do I change settings to get back to being able to use links in e-mails that are to trusted sites. Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs Tab->Reset Web Settings. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Jim asked: | Links that I used in the past fro...

Outlook Security Settings #4
Hey Ive been having some problems setting up Outlook Security Settings, to allow a macro in excel to send mails without promting if the users wants to allow an automated email to be sent. I started with installing the ORK and admpack.exe, then i followed the readme.doc step by step. - registered the hashctl.dll and comdlg.ocx - created a public folder "Outlook Security Settings" and gave myself owner role, the rest reviewer role. - opened outlooksecurity.oft in the new folder and published it there as well - opened a new form from the new published template, maed some changes and t...

Duplicate Transactions, One When Pending, One When Posted
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I couldn't seem to find an answer searching: My problem is, a transaction occurs at my bank, and MM2K7 downloads the data for it. Once that transaction moves from "Pending" to "Posted" at my bank, the transaction data changes, so MM downloads it again. Sometimes I get a possible duplicate message from MM, sometimes I don't. What are people doing to handle this situation? Thank you. This is a problem with your bank, not with Money. Eventually they should fix it. Call them. In the meantime VOID the pending transacti...

MSR Credit Card Reader adds all the information on one line
Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # line. Thanks in advance! What type of CC reader(MSR) to you have? Typically this is an issue with simply configuring the MSR. Rob "Steakum" wrote: > Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from > the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # > line. > > Thanks in advance! Its a IDTECH Minimag USB/Keyboard Interface Do I need to select the Wedge Key...

grid off on one page
Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? thanks On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:11 -0600, "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote: >Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? Not really as it is a document wide setting.... however, there is workaround open the page shapesheet menu window -> Show shapesheet and set XGridSpacing and YGridSpacing to a large value. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. SSADM for Visio http://www.saadm.sandrila.co.uk/ On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:47:53 +0000, Paul Herber <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wro...

Can't set up Outlook
I have tried and tried to set up Outlook but always get the following (paraphrased): "Setting up Welcome." When that goes away, it says, "Can't find server. Must be connected to Internet." Then, "Checking name." It just won't work. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, State what you have done up until now. A new installation of Outlook does not do this unless you changed something. You appear to have configured Outlook with a transport that is not valid. What did you do? Specify your Outlook version when you post a question. -- Russ Val...

Sending in Outlook 2002
I am having problems with Outlook 2002. I am running Exchange 2000. The problem I am having with a couple of machines is when they try and send email the mail goes to the Outbox and stays there until they do a Send/Receive. Any ideas on what settings I may need to change? Thanks: ...

How do I received attachments unzipped in Outlook 2003?
The attachments that I receive at work have been coming in zipped. My associate receives the same message and the attachments are not zipped in her email. What setting can I can I change in Outlook 2003 that will leave my attachments in the manner in which they were sent? On 2/26/2010 5:31 PM, blessed wrote: > The attachments that I receive at work have been coming in zipped. My > associate receives the same message and the attachments are not zipped in her > email. What setting can I can I change in Outlook 2003 that will leave my > attachments in the manner in which t...

One to One relationship
I have an Events entity that is an offshoot from the Contacts entity. Basically, it tracks what events each contact has been invited to, and is used mainly by the Events Coordinator. I've set it up as a One (Contact) to Many (Events) relationship. However, I really only want one event form for each contact form. The reason I've set up a different entity rather than just adding a tab is that access to this entity needs to be tightly controlled. Obviously, if many events forms are created for the one contact, it would be very difficult to tell which one is accurate etc. Is it possibl...

outlook express new address
how do I do an automatic respond on outlook express. I have a new email address and want to notifu senders to old address to update them. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh...

Next Date given one date
At this time, I cannot use VBA. Here is my objective: For a given treasury note security: Cell A1, Date 6/17/2004 - today's date Cell A2, Date 7/15/1997 - first coupon date I want to identify the "previous coupon date" and "next coupon date" from today's date based on the frequency of the "first coupon date". Logically speaking: * Security pays 2 times each year * Based on first coupon date, pay dates are: 1/15 & 7/15 * Given today is 6/17/04, the next pay date is 7/15/04. * Given today is 6/17/04, the previous pay date is 1/15/04. Can this be...

issue with outlook slow and msohelp.exe opening twice
Hi there im experiencing issue with my outlook that is slow and also i see that the file msohelp.exe open twice ..... any idea why ? Nope. Sorry - we need actual details and Outlook version/exact error = messages to provide assistance. Guesses are all you will get with no = details. And probably not good ones either. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, pauger007@gmail.com asked: | Hi there |=20 | im experiencing issue with my outl...

route inbound email from ip to one folder
Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain IP address to a single folder? Our company is receiving emails from a source that we do not wish to receive, and would like these email to be directed to a singe folder rather than blocking them. Any ideas? Thanks. you could send them to the turf dir... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245465 "daine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d501c4263d$f4d05110$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain > IP address to a single ...

One client (Server 2k8-R2/HyperV) will not sync with DPM
We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major problems. Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that will be housing 4 HyperV VMs. For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to sync correctly. I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host drive. The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error. It will try an initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data tr...

Office Small Bus 2007
I bought a new laptop with Windows 7. Installed Office Small Business 2007 successfully (so i thought) Then tried to open outlook, word etc and when I do it says preparing to install. And eventually saying MS office word (etc) is not set up for this user. Run set up again. So i try and run set up and get an error to do with a registry key not being able to be openened. I cannot even uninstall it as there is also a regsitry key error message. Can anyone help? Please! did you first uninstall the trial? "jmgreen" <jmgreen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Outlook 2003 Toolbar
In 2003 is there away to get rid of the Norton AntiSpam from the toolbar? I turned off in Norton Firewall but I don't want to see it on the toolbar. I delete it and still shows up upon reopening Outlook 2003. Make sure it doesn't show up in Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Advanced Options-> button Add-In Manager / COM Add-ins If it still shows rename outcmd.dat to outcmd.old to completely reset the Toolbar -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Rick"...

Exchange 5.5 - One Organization
Hello - I am having a problem that I would like some more information on. I have One Organization (5.5) and 16 Sites (5.5) and would like to know why I can't stop the other sites from sending mail through me. If I can, I would like to know how. Thanks for any help. what do you mean by "sending mail through me"? What mail? Internet email? Does each site have its own Internet Mail Service? Or is your site kind of the "hub" where all Internet email comes in and goes out? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dave.mudgett" <davemudgett@discussions.microsoft....

See more than one tab at a time
I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or more tabs from the same worksheet On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:57:03 -0700, "rocky59" <rocky59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. >Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or >more tabs from the same worksheet That would be because each tab represents a single worksheet. Clicking on the tab would move you from where ...

Outlook Question #7
Gang, I have a client that I am working with and the strangest thing happened! I was working on a domain authentication issue and had to delete a user account from a computer. After this I recreate the user and no email, so strange! All of my client's emails are gone all of his personal saved emails everything, In fact I have to reconfigure the Outlook mail settings just to get email running. So the end result......I cant find the guys email and I have no idea what is going on! HELP!! Client OS XP Outlook 2002 patched Thanks Joe Hi, Even if you create a new user with...

Why Would You Lose Sound On One User
WXP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 3 with all current updates Dell Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80Ghz 2.79Ghz, 512 MB RAM System has three users all with admin rights - User 1(primary - me), User 2 (wife), and System Admin. (which I made visible on desktop). I (User 1) have lost sound when attempting to play CD's, and other audio files using WMP 11, however, I can still hear system sounds. User 2 and System Admin. still have full sound. System restore does not help ( in this case I only had a restore point from 5 days ago. Any thoughts? -- Skeeter "Old age and ...