How do you get back to the "factory default view"

Gurus,

In the Outlook main Inbox, you can customize message with preview panes,
autopreview, column widths, font size, gridlines or no gridlines, and of
course whole host of things.  But if you messed things up to the point where
you would just like to get back to the "factory default view" so to speak,
what would you do?  Outlook.exe /cleanviews does not accomplish this for me.

--
Spin

0
Spin (165)

cleanviews or just resetting the view should do it. What isn't getting reset
with cleanviews?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message
> Gurus,
>
> In the Outlook main Inbox, you can customize message with preview panes,
> autopreview, column widths, font size, gridlines or no gridlines, and of
> course whole host of things.  But if you messed things up to the point
> where you would just like to get back to the "factory default view" so to
> speak, what would you do?  Outlook.exe /cleanviews does not accomplish
> this for me.
>
> --
> Spin

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/15/2007 12:51:30 AM
Hey Diane,

How exactly does one go about "just resetting the view" (outside of running
a cleanviews)?

"Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
> cleanviews or just resetting the view should do it. What isn't getting
> reset with cleanviews?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message
>> Gurus,
>>
>> In the Outlook main Inbox, you can customize message with preview panes,
>> autopreview, column widths, font size, gridlines or no gridlines, and of
>> course whole host of things.  But if you messed things up to the point
>> where you would just like to get back to the "factory default view" so to
>> speak, what would you do?  Outlook.exe /cleanviews does not accomplish
>> this for me.
>>
>> --
>> Spin

0
Spin (165)

How do you get back to the "factory default view"
Gurus, In the Outlook main Inbox, you can customize message with preview panes, autopreview, column widths, font size, gridlines or no gridlines, and of course whole host of things. But if you messed things up to the point where you would just like to get back to the "factory default view" so to speak, what would you do? Outlook.exe /cleanviews does not accomplish this for me. -- Spin cleanviews or just resetting the view should do it. What isn't getting reset with cleanviews? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need He...