How do you add text to custom columns created thru the Field Chooser pls?

Hello,

If I create a custom text column via Field Chooser - New, how can I
enter text into it afterwards?

I'm looking to add an "annotation" column and not have it sent if/when
I forward or reply to the message.

Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003.

Thanks,

- Alan.

0
Alan

If you directly want to fill it out in the message list you'll have to
enable "allow in-cell editing" for your view.
The technique would be similar to;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/150

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> If I create a custom text column via Field Chooser - New, how can I
> enter text into it afterwards?
>
> I'm looking to add an "annotation" column and not have it sent if/when
> I forward or reply to the message.
>
> Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Alan.

0
Roady

adding Text to the beginning of a control source
I want to say ="HELP"&Format([Session Start Date 2],"yyyy\:mm") & [ID] I want the word HELP then the start date 2 and finally the ID ie: HELP2010:12430 How do I put the text at the beginning? Where are you putting this? In the Control Source of control on a form/report? Then it should work as posted provided that [Session Start Date 2] and [ID] are in the object's record source. In a query? Then you just need a field alias and drop the = sign; MyHelpText: "HELP" & Format([Session Start Date 2],"yyyy\:mm") & [ID] ...

Using CRM Application Pool for Custom ASP.NET application
Hi All I am having 2 server based CRM configuration set that is CRM database is on other server, My intallation on multi server went well and CRM is working fine. I have asp.net application which also uses the same database server as CRM and it is deployed on CRM web server. I have added this ASP.NET application to the Application Pool that CRM is using so that I don't have problem in Connecting to Database server however though CRM is able to connect to the database my ASP.NET application is not getting trusted connection on sql server. What am i doing wrong here? Do I have to ...

Hide certain columns in range
Hi All........ I have a Range named "Months" which is B25:AW25. Each cell in that range contains a number of 1-12 standing for a month. I would like to be able to hide all columns except the Month number I choose, and the one on each side of it. For example, if I choose the month 7, then I want to hide all columns except those with a 6,7, or 8 in my range. And of course if I choose month 1, I want all except 12, 1, and 2 to be hidden, etc. TIA for any ideas Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 Are your month numbers in consecutive order through the range B25:AW25 li...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

When Customer Details are added in POS
hi we are planning to develop in POS software....we are in analysis phase.....I have a one doubt....when a new customer is arrived to ur store....his/her details want to be stored...When these details can be stored at the time of check out or Check in??? please suggest Dayaa I'm not sure exactly what you are asking about. Are you asking about MS RMS, MS POS or a custome POS application that you are planning to develop? In any of those cases, you should be able to create a new customer record at any time. To do this at the point of sale, it makes the most sense to do it at the begi...

Problems creating a PDF file from a report using autoexec macro
Hi, I am using the autoexec macro to run a report and print it out as a pdf file. My steps in the autoexec macro are 1. OpenReport 2. Print Out 3. RunCode 4. Quit. The RunCode is designed to delay the closing of the application by two minutes so that the pdf file can be created. Whenever I run this, I get a box that comes up and says "Print Macro Definitions" Include for Macro _Properties _Actions and Arguments _Permissions by User and Group. The application hangs on this without closing. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Is Print Out the right command? Tha...

Creating Replicas of Public Folders from another forest
Hi We have just migrated our Exchange 5.5 organisation to 2003 - following the deployment tools etc. All went well. Now we have to merge another forest's exchange with ours - well, create a replica of their public folders onto our Exchange Server. Once this is in place we will join the users (only 10) from the other forest with ours. We are not using the ADMT as we thought we would just create new accounts etc for them in our forest. What is the best way to replicate these public folders to our domain? Regards and thanks Ashleigh -- IT Administrator You should be able to u...

Excel Add Ins

How do I send text or pictures in Outlook Express 6?
I am unable to be at any site, document, picture and send [via Outlook Express 6] anything to anyone as errors such as 'person unknown', 'error message of every nature immaginable', or 'you must be online with Outlook Express' [when in fact I am online and the default email program [Outlook Express 6] is activated and working with simple emails [and the typical trash spam you receive]; however, when I wish to send NASA documents or anything substantive within the state or federal goverment sites for higher education [i.e. Ohio University], this never works [Outlo...

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Delete button missing on HQ Global Customers list
I have a strange problem with HQ Manager. All PC's and Server are running HQ 1.3.1002. When all but one user with admin level access opens HQ Manager, enters maintenance mode, and clicks Database, Global Customers, the Delete button is visible for a split second and then vanishes. The one user that can see and use the Delete button can use it from any PC, so it appears to be related to the user account, except that the button is missing when running HQ Manager on the Server. As far as I can tell, the users that cannot see the Delete button have exactly the same permissions and level. There...

How do I increase the text size of an Excel cell?
Hi guys, Situation: I had a memo size field in MS Access. When I copied and pasted it into an MS Excel cell the text gets truncated? I can't believe that Microsoft has had about 5-6 versions of Excel and hasn't fixed this simple problem. Mike Web Developer and Catholic Apologist http://www.faithfulchristians.net I think this is by design. Not everyone would want the whole column resized because of a single truncated cell. "Mike_Humphrey" <Mike_Humphrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79662172-C13B-4708-AAF4-B02511AD79AA@microsoft.com... > H...

Format text to add character

can't customize outlook today #3
when i click on the customize outlook today button, nothing happen. am i missing something? i'd love to hear from you if you have any ideas about what's happening. thanks! ...

Rank a Column + 1 cell from 2nd Col
I have 6 columns: A B C D E F 274 1 269 ? 279 ? 275 2 270 ? 280 ? 276 3 271 ? 281 ? 288 4 283 ? 293 ? Column B represents a simple 'Rank' of Column A In the first row of column 'D' I want the rank of the 269 in relatio to the figures in column 'A' which equals 1. I also want the rank o 270, 271 & 272 in relation to their position on Column 'A' - whic would equal 1, 1, 4 In Column 'F' I want the rank of those figures in 'E' relation to th values of column 'A'. Which would equal 4, 4, 4, 5 Any help would ...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

Use Parameter Data to populate a form field
I am trying to figure out how to take the data I enter from a parameter query to populate a field on a form. Include the parameter(s) as a computed column(s) in the query, e.g. PARAMETERS [Enter start date:] DATETIME, [Enter end date:] DATETIME; SELECT SomeField, SomeOtherField, [Enter start date:] AS StartDate, [Enter end date:] AS EndDate FROM SomeTable WHERE DateField BETWEEN [Enter start date:] AND [Enter end date:]; In the above example you can then bind text box controls on the form to the StartDate and EndDate fields. Ken Sheridan Stafford, England JudyKemp w...

Why does Publisher insert a leading space when pasting text?
When I paste text from MS Word into MS Publisher a space is inserted at the beginning of each paragraph. How can I prevent this? Paste special as unformatted text. Or with your cursor in the text box, select all, format, paragraph, set before paragraph 0pt. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Saints RFC fan" <SaintsRFCfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E41BD3C-057D-4275-9832-8EE6AAA80243@microsoft.com... > When I past...

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons