How do we structure a sales@domain.com address for the web?

We want to put an email address on our web site to be used for prospective
sales contacts. How do we set up outlook so that the message goes to the
designated person on our team, with the ability for that person to see it
specifically as a message sent to the Sales address?

Set up the sales@domain.com account in that persons Outlook.

"MicrobeShepard" <MicrobeShepard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: We want to put an email address on our web site to be used for prospective
: sales contacts. How do we set up outlook so that the message goes to the
: designated person on our team, with the ability for that person to see it
: specifically as a message sent to the Sales address?

0
tom1577 (119)
12/19/2007 8:04:42 PM
On Dec 19, 9:38 am, MicrobeShepard
<MicrobeShep...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> We want to put an email address on our web site to be used for prospective
> sales contacts. How do we set up outlook so that the message goes to the
> designated person on our team, with the ability for that person to see it
> specifically as a message sent to the Sales address?

Assuming your company is using a SMTP/POP based email service. The way
I would go about this:

1. Create a POP mailbox called "sales" on the email server.

2. On the designated sales person's Outlook, add a new POP email
account and have it log onto the "sales" mailbox. Make sure the reply
to address is filled in as sales@xxxx.com

3. When the sales person's Outlook checks for mail, it will check both
his personal and sales mailboxes.

4. The sales person will see the mail as a message sent to the sales@
address.

5. When he replies to the email, the default "from" address will be
the sales@ address. He as the option of changing the address while
creating the mail.
0
groink1 (4)
12/19/2007 8:05:31 PM
One more bit of useful data:  for the user to see that the email was sent to
that address, show the To... field in their Inbox.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Trainer and Consultant

There are various articles about using Outlook here: www.judygleeson.com
Canberra, Australia

"What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each
other?"
George Eliot
"groink_hi" <groink1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Dec 19, 9:38 am, MicrobeShepard
> <MicrobeShep...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> We want to put an email address on our web site to be used for
>> prospective
>> sales contacts. How do we set up outlook so that the message goes to the
>> designated person on our team, with the ability for that person to see it
>> specifically as a message sent to the Sales address?
>
> Assuming your company is using a SMTP/POP based email service. The way
> I would go about this:
>
> 1. Create a POP mailbox called "sales" on the email server.
>
> 2. On the designated sales person's Outlook, add a new POP email
> account and have it log onto the "sales" mailbox. Make sure the reply
> to address is filled in as sales@xxxx.com
>
> 3. When the sales person's Outlook checks for mail, it will check both
> his personal and sales mailboxes.
>
> 4. The sales person will see the mail as a message sent to the sales@
> address.
>
> 5. When he replies to the email, the default "from" address will be
> the sales@ address. He as the option of changing the address while
> creating the mail.

0
gleeson_judy (322)

Sales Order Customization
Hello. I have a pretty complex need of a custom sales order screen. I intend to develop a Web Application for Sales Order with a Single form to enter Header as well as Products. I can Add this Web Application to the ISV Tab and I can generate a CRM Order from my WebApp using CRM SDK. Couple of Questions: 1. When the User Clicks on the New Order Button or Picks up an existing Order, Is there a way to Default the Tab to my Custom Tab instead of the CRM Information Tab? 2. How can i remove mandatory field constraints like Price List in Sales Order? Is it possible? 3. Is it Possible to Embed ...

Template Wizard Problem
I have created a program in Excel to generate quarterly reports. The user fills in a daily worksheet (a template) and adds the entry to a database record. This worked fine a few days ago. However, I have been working on the program in the past few days and now it does not work. When I create an entry with the daily worksheet template and save, it should ask me how to update the database. Instead, it now says 'The database structure is different from the database structure support [sic] by the template'. It will let me save and the update screen does come up after that, but...

Form posting to Acess
Using Expression 3. Is there a way I can create a form, post the data to Access and that data (as a table) whick will grow, be embedded into the center of an HTML page? All automatically then automatically somehow send (ftp) to web server? If this could be done I sure would like to see the instructions. Thanks Steps required are: 1) Submit the form to add a record to database. 2) Use another page to get results from the database and display in gridview. The actual code depends on your skills, and what your host supports - Access rerquires windows server, then either "cl...

Please help: Template for basic customer service/sales/reports
I want a basic CRM sales, customer service and reports, so I bought MS CRM software single license and MS SQL server. With very little Windows programming .NET and MS SQL experience, I don't think I have the time learn and develop a basic layout for sales, customer service and reports. Is there some kind of templates that I can download or purchase that come with pre-developed interfaces that I can pick from. I like the setup that comes with the demo version of MS CRM, so I'm seeking for something similar to that. Or is it better just to pay a developer to do the work for m...

Creating a distribution list that sends emails to addresses other than user's default
I want to create an email distribution list that sends emails to a different email address than the default. Right now in Active Directory (windows server 2003), I create a user than a create a default email address (it shows up in bold), and then I can create multiple alias's that are then redirected to the default address. What I want to do is create a distribution list that sends emails to an email address that is not the users default email account. For example, I have a user who's default address is john@company.local, he has a number of alias's such as info@company.com. Wha...

GP Table Structure
I too am learning Crystal Report. Its clear that understanding GP tables is key to writing Crystal Reports. It is also clear that comprehensive information regarding GP Table Structure is very hard to come by. Is there a textbook available that defines table names and inter relationships. Ed, Your best bet is the Microsoft Dynamics GP Software Development Kit (SDK) documentation. Accolade Publications also publishes a set of useful titles exclusively dedicated to explain in detail the flow of information and posting ("Information Flow & Posting") and other tricks of th...

Array of structure
Hi Everybody I have a small structure Structure SkuInfo Dim SkuNo As String Dim Priority As Integer End Structure and Array Dim arrSkus() As SkuInfo Before adding next element to this array I want to make sure that I do not have elements with the same SKUNO. I am trying to use indexof, but do not know how to use it with array of structures. I realize I can use For... Next loop, but hope there is a better way to do this. Thanks in advance "Leon" <Leon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:367DE46B-4CFF-4AED-A...

Outlook database structure
Hello, Can someone tell me where I can find a description of the outloo database tables? I mean which fields, datatype, etc etc ... especially want the table in which the accounts are kept. thx ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it, if anyone needs it ... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnout98/html/olexcoutlk.as ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View a...

How do I set up a sales chart in cone format?
I envision wide at the top and smaller at the bottom with stages on the y axis. I can do it with a floating bar chart but then you have to adjust the axis for any change. Any suggestions would be great. have a look at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html. you might get some idea from there -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Ryan" wrote: > I envision wide at the top and smaller at the bottom with stages on the y > axis. I can ...

MS 2004 deluxe Stock sale and Purchase #2
Hi there, I came across this not to long ago. I owned ( lets use a fake company here) ABCcorp.. symbol ( fake again) ABC I then sold off all shares of ABC.at 28.00 Later in the year I purchased a new interest in ABC for 11.00 per share. When it went to 10.88 the MS Money 2004 Deluxe portfolio screen shows I am making money on this new lot of shares. Only thing I can think of is, because Money uses the old symbol and lumps previous stock ownership ( even though you sold it all) to the subsequent purchases. Has this been fixed in later editions of Money? Or is the fix, manual? Such as, befo...

external email address
Hi...i'm having a bit of a problem here...we have exchange setup with domain mycompany.com in our office. we have an outside person with an email address name@mycompany.com, but he is not a user/mailbox on our server here. we host the email on an external email server at our ISP. We use the exchange only for internal purposes. The problem now is that anyone in the office who sends an email to this person gets a bounce back saying that mailbox does not exist. How can I force exchange to send email to this address directly to the outside server so that the user can retrieve it via POP co...

Grouping by email domain
Hello all, I am using Outlook 2003, and would like to know if someone can help me with grouping my messages in a particular folder's view. What i would like to do is to be able to group the messages by the domain part of peoples email address, so for example by "hotmail.com", "verizon.net", etc.... Ive looked through the grouping fields, and i only see fields to group by which are the whole email address, including the part before the @ sign. Is there anyway in which i can set it to group only by the part of the email which is after the @ sign? Thanks in advance...

About Structures
Hi, I am a having a bit of trouble with a structure. I just declared the structure the same as the way as it is shown. typedef struct tagSCROLLBARINFO { DWORD cbSize; RECT rcScrollBar; int dxyLineButton; int xyThumbTop; int xyThumbBottom; int reserved; DWORD rgstate[CCHILDREN_SCROLLBAR+1]; } SCROLLBARINFO, *PSCROLLBARINFO, *LPSCROLLBARINFO; Normally, I would do something like this... SCROLLBARINFO ScrollInfo; ScrollInfo.cbSize = sizeof(SCROLLBARINFO); m_sbHorz.GetScrollBarInfo(&ScrollIn...

burufa73@hotmail.com
yooooooooo ...

How to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account
Hi Folks, I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for example to a hotmail or network solutions account. Please advise as to how to do this. Thanks, Dougf On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:52:42 -0800, Dougf <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Folks, > >I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for example to >a hotmail or network solutions account. > >Please advise as to how to do this. >Thanks, Dougf If you want to have mail delivered to both places: Create a mail enabled AD contact. Go to the delivery options button on ...

defining a structure in vc++
hello, I need to define a structure in vc++.I wanted to how it is possible to define a structure whose variables are global Well, define your structure and instant a global of it. MyGobalStruc mgs; mgs.v1 = mgs.v2 = etc sayu wrote: > hello, > I need to define a structure in vc++.I wanted to how it is possible > to define a structure whose variables are global thanks, but where should i write structure declarations,like what type of elements it contatins struct recrd { int n; char c; float f; }if i want to insert this declaration in a class.how do i go about i...

Web Queries #4
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C5B92B.FC805BD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use Excel web query in spread sheet to go to yahoo site for stock = prices. Recently this has stopped working with an error message saying = data is not available. Does anyone know if something has changed? How = can the problem be corrected? ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C5B92B.FC805BD0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE...

Realexamquestions.com has all real exams with money back guarantee
Realexamquestions.com has all real exams with money back guarantee ...

pub- 2002 to my verizon personal web space
I can't figure out how to get my Publisher 2002 web file to my personal web space on my Verizon dsl account. Verizon can't help me, although they did mention "FTPs"?? Can you help me? Thank you. refer to the 2002 upload tutorial at www.davidbartosik.com/ppt.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Jesse" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2f48f01c46d33$2c95c8f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I can't figure out how to get my Publisher 2002 ...

Offline Address book not synching
As of 4:00 am today, clients are recieving error messages in the synchronization log that they are unable to download the offline address book. The symptoms are the same as listed in MS KB article 887409 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;887409), but the neither resolution nor workaround in that KB are fixing the problem. No changes have been made to Active Directory or Exchange the past week, and I am the only sysadmin here with the capability to make changes. I don't believe the offline address book has been deleted, but in Exchange System Manager the Default Gl...

Visio 2007
Is there a simple hook from Visio 2007 and an Active directory Environment to do and export/import from AD to Visio. I want to create a simple drwaing of my tree - Root - OU's etc.. Hello, yes there is: www.netdocad.com -- Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ with kind regards Senaj Lelic DE MVP Visio "Bhoros" <Bhoros@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:84DA2C84-5934-45D1-A75D-5EC06163DCDD@microsoft.com... > Is there a simple hook from Visio 2007 and an Active directory Environment > to > do and export/import from AD to Visio. > >...

Visio 2002: Save as Web Page & Link to PowerPoint vs. embedding PP dilemma
I have a dilemma. I have a multi-page flow chart in Visio 2002. Within the flow chart I link to several PowerPoint(PP) files that give details on steps within the flow chart. Problem: When I save as a webpage and then click on one of the links to a PP it works fine. But when I return to the flow chart, it always returns to the first page of my flow chart. Thus, I lose my place in the flow. I guess it has something to do with frames and returning to the frame I was on. ...a little over my head. Attempted Solution and the problem with it: So, I began pasting all of the PPs in the Vi...

where can i find file about KeServiceDescriptorTable structure
i can`t find some detialed information about KeServiceDescriptorTable could anyone give me a hand ? Why would you want this? First the index of individual calls changes often (depending on the OS even service packs have changed it). Second, the main use for the data would be hooking which does not work on 64-bit versions of the OS. Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD) Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting Website: http://www.windrvr.com Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr > -----Original Message----- > From: ywd [mailto:ywd@discussions.microsoft.com] > Posted ...

ADDRESS formula, sheet no
In my "CalcSheet" I need to get the 'L' column from all the other sheets; each sheet in its proper column. For this I have the following formulae: CalcSheet!A1: =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),12,,,"DME magnetic coil")) CalcSheet!B1: =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),12,,,"Paterson formula")) etc. It is quite impractical to have to refer to the names of the different sheets as this easily leads to spelling errors and it is very time consuming to tap. Do the sheets have some kind of number, which can be used for reference in stead of their name? NSV -- nsv -----------...

OWA only accessible via internet with exteral ip address, not with internet domain name
OWA only accessible via internet with exteral ip address, not with internet domain name. Computers in the network can use the internet domain name and access OWA, but outside the local network (on internet) computers get "cannot find server or dns error". Can someone please help me out? Hi, You have created an A record (like webmail) pointing to the external IP address of the exchange server so that the users can type webmail.domain.com? Leif "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:1160773241.988293.84780@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > OWA on...