How do I used the outlook?

I don't know my microsoft exchange sever so I can't put in the right user
name. What should I do?
0
Mai1 (4)

Version of Outlook?

Close outlook. Go to control panel, mail and delete the current profile and
make a new profile - Choose the correct account type - for most people its
POP3, but could be IMAP.  If you need more assistance with this we need to
know the version of Outlook and who your email provider is.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:

"Mai" <Mai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I don't know my microsoft exchange sever so I can't put in the right user
> name. What should I do?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
9/18/2009 12:54:31 AM
If you have a Microsoft Exchange server (or don't know whether you do or
not) then you should ask your IT department to help you set it up.  If you
don’t have one, then you shouldn't set up one.  Use POP3 or IMAP instead.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"Mai" <Mai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I don't know my microsoft exchange sever so I can't put in the right user
> name. What should I do?

0
bens1 (1425)
9/18/2009 1:52:27 AM
What if I don't have POP3 or IMAP?

"Ben M. Schorr, MVP" wrote:

> If you have a Microsoft Exchange server (or don't know whether you do or
> not) then you should ask your IT department to help you set it up.  If you
> don’t have one, then you shouldn't set up one.  Use POP3 or IMAP instead.
>
> --
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> Roland Schorr & Tower
> http://www.rolandschorr.com
> http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html
> Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
> http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon
>
> "Mai" <Mai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I don't know my microsoft exchange sever so I can't put in the right user
> > name. What should I do?

0
Mai1 (4)
9/18/2009 3:20:01 AM
My microsoft outlook is 2003. I don't have POP3 or IMAP.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Version of Outlook?
>
> Close outlook. Go to control panel, mail and delete the current profile and
> make a new profile - Choose the correct account type - for most people its
> POP3, but could be IMAP.  If you need more assistance with this we need to
> know the version of Outlook and who your email provider is.
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=22205
>
> "Mai" <Mai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I don't know my microsoft exchange sever so I can't put in the right user
> > name. What should I do?

0
Mai1 (4)
9/18/2009 3:30:01 AM
What type of mail account do you have?
If you want a "no mail" profile, delete the exchange acct and add a pst to
the profile.
See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/new_profile.htm for help with
profiles.

--

> My microsoft outlook is 2003. I don't have POP3 or IMAP.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Version of Outlook?
>>
>> Close outlook. Go to control panel, mail and delete the current profile
>> and
>> make a new profile - Choose the correct account type - for most people
>> its
>> POP3, but could be IMAP.  If you need more assistance with this we need
>> know the version of Outlook and who your email provider is.
>>

>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=22205
>>
>> "Mai" <Mai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I don't know my microsoft exchange sever so I can't put in the right
>> > user
>> > name. What should I do?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
9/18/2009 3:42:20 AM
I only have http...hotmail

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> What type of mail account do you have?
> If you want a "no mail" profile, delete the exchange acct and add a pst to
> the profile.
> See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/new_profile.htm for help with
> profiles.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=22205
>
> "Mai" <Mai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My microsoft outlook is 2003. I don't have POP3 or IMAP.
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Version of Outlook?
> >>
> >> Close outlook. Go to control panel, mail and delete the current profile
> >> and
> >> make a new profile - Choose the correct account type - for most people
> >> its
> >> POP3, but could be IMAP.  If you need more assistance with this we need
> >> know the version of Outlook and who your email provider is.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >> Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:
> >> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=22205
> >>
> >> "Mai" <Mai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Mai1 (4)
9/18/2009 3:50:01 AM
If you have Hotmail you need to install the Outlook Connector
http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?FamilyID=9a2279b1-df0a-46e1-aa93-7d4870871ecf&displaylang=en

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102218231033.aspx

> What if I don't have POP3 or IMAP?
>
> "Ben M. Schorr, MVP" wrote:
>
>> If you have a Microsoft Exchange server (or don't know whether you do or
>> not) then you should ask your IT department to help you set it up.  If
>> you
>> don't have one, then you shouldn't set up one.  Use POP3 or IMAP instead.
>>
>> --
>> -Ben-
>> Ben M. Schorr, MVP
>> Roland Schorr & Tower
>> http://www.rolandschorr.com
>> http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html
>> Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
>> http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon
>>
>> "Mai" <Mai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I don't know my microsoft exchange sever so I can't put in the right
>> > user
>> > name. What should I do?

0
notvalid5776 (249)
9/18/2009 7:07:34 AM
In that case you'll probably need the connector for Hotmail:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx

> I only have http...hotmail

0
vince8328 (2732)
9/18/2009 7:27:30 AM
Mai wrote:

> Ben M. Schorr wrote:
>
>> Mai wrote ...
>>
>>> I don't know my microsoft exchange sever so I can't put in the right user
>>> name. What should I do?
>>
>> If you have a Microsoft Exchange server (or don't know whether you do or
>> not) then you should ask your IT department to help you set it up.  If you
>> don�t have one, then you shouldn't set up one.  Use POP3 or IMAP instead.
>
> What if I don't have POP3 or IMAP?

Then you have Exchange and should follow Ben's instructions in his first
sentence.  Since you're not the Exchange admin, you'll have to ask the
Exchange admin for the valid settings to use.
0
V4521 (722)
9/18/2009 7:50:06 AM
You can see now after multiple emails going back and forth that including
the details of what you're trying to accomplish would have been very
helpful. To say right in the beginning that you have a Hotmail account would
have helped everyone to resolve this far more quickly.

"Mai" <Mai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What if I don't have POP3 or IMAP?
>
> "Ben M. Schorr, MVP" wrote:
>
> > If you have a Microsoft Exchange server (or don't know whether you do or
> > not) then you should ask your IT department to help you set it up.  If
you
> > don't have one, then you shouldn't set up one.  Use POP3 or IMAP
instead.

> > --
> > -Ben-
> > Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> > Roland Schorr & Tower
> > http://www.rolandschorr.com
> > http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html
> > Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
> > http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon
> >
> > "Mai" <Mai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I don't know my microsoft exchange sever so I can't put in the right
user
> > > name. What should I do?

0
korland (145)
9/18/2009 12:30:14 PM
Am I supposed to guess what you do have?  :-)

Luckily I see that in a later message you've revealed that you have Hotmail
and Vince has already put you on the right track.

Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"Mai" <Mai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What if I don't have POP3 or IMAP?
>
> "Ben M. Schorr, MVP" wrote:
>
>> If you have a Microsoft Exchange server (or don't know whether you do or
>> not) then you should ask your IT department to help you set it up.  If
>> you
>> don’t have one, then you shouldn't set up one.  Use POP3 or IMAP instead.
>>
>> --
>> -Ben-
>> Ben M. Schorr, MVP
>> Roland Schorr & Tower
>> http://www.rolandschorr.com
>> http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html
>> Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
>> http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon
>>
>> "Mai" <Mai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I don't know my microsoft exchange sever so I can't put in the right
>> > user
>> > name. What should I do?

0
bens1 (1425)

HTML edit for email template in Outlook 2003
If I'm editing new mail, I can set MS Word as editor and use script editor to access the HTML source. Now I'm creating a template for the autoreply, and it doesn't offer a choice to switch to MS Word. What should I do to edit the mail template content then? -- If you want to mail to me, please replace all instance of "e" to "a" in my email address. Thank you. Sorry for any inconvience caused, but there's many spam-mailers. ...

outlook 2000 #7
can anyone tell me how I extend the range of spam filters to block unwanted emails. I understand that there is a file called filters.txt but that seems just to be a statement of fact rather than a method of editing email content. any help wouold be appreciated (remove myknickers for email reply) thanks John ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Go Offline in Outlook fails with SQL General Error
Hello After sometimes going offline in Outlook CRM Client I get an SQL General Error and the process cancels. I can repair that using the Diagnose program of the CRM Client. There I saw an message which says Outlook Client Subcription is corrupt. In the Eventlog I found following Error Message: Ereignistyp: Fehler Ereignisquelle: MSCRMOfflineSync Ereigniskategorie: Keine Ereigniskennung: 6000 Datum: 21.05.2008 Zeit: 18:10:13 Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend Computer: NB169 Beschreibung: An error occurred during Offline Synchronization. Try going offline again, or restart Microsoft Outlook. So...

Outlook 2003 Cannot sort by subject
Hi all, In outlook 2003, when I click the subject bar to sort email by subjects, it will work sometimes but not every time. The email are sorted but the cursor will jump to the first email but not the email I highlighted before. This is VERY VERY annoying and I want to rollback to outlook xp. Anyone know how I can solve this problem? Greatly appreciated for your help. Cheers, Jo. Try Group By Conversation instead. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal ac...

using forms

Outlook 2007 Not Responding in Vista 12-30-09
I have a Gateway notebook with Vista. I installed Office 2007 a month ago. It all works well except Outlook. When I load Outlook MOST of the time I see the send receive go to 56% then just sits at 56%. I get no email, then Outlook goes kind of grey and I get " Not Responding" on the top bar. Sometimes I can close Outlook and reload and it will get my email. I have searched the knowledge base and have no programs trying to access Outlook. This is apparently a known issue, is there a fix? Thanks for any help. No its not a known issue, its down to your configeration Have ...

Using Spanish on Publisher

outlook or freeware calendar
My mother in law is in a nursing care facility. My wife is coordinating the schedules for each of the many family members to visit and take care of her. My wife (and I) use Outlook XP for personal calendars. Both of us are at a loss how to send our outlook calendar (in weekly view mode) to our various email correspondents. Is there a freeware program which will accomplish the same thing. The only way to achieve what we want to do that I can think of is to screen capture the calendar window, save the file and attach the file (jpg/bmp) to each correspondent. This seems to me to be a crude i...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Outlook 2002
Occasionally I will reply to an e-mail and it will be sent using an e-mail account other then my Default. Any ideas as to how I can stop this? Thanks, Paul hi paul u shd hv more than 1 pop3 a/c, when u click "Send", note there's a little arrow next to it, under it there's a drop down menu & u shd choose the pop3 a/c that u'd like to send with.. HIH >-----Original Message----- >Occasionally I will reply to an e-mail and it will be >sent using an e-mail account other then my Default. > >Any ideas as to how I can stop this? > >Thanks, &...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Can't restore Outlook 2003 from the notification area (Windows XP Pro)
If I minimise Outlook to the systray, and then attempt to restore it at a later time I receive the following message in an XP balloon. "Outlook is not responding. If you are using an Exchange server email account you can cancel pending server requests by clicking the Outlook icon in the notifications area and then clicking Cancel Server Request on the shortcut menu. " I am not using Exchange, therefore I don't have the option to cancel server requests - this is a standalone system - it's not even networked! How do I resolve this? I have to restart the system to get it ru...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

GAL view from Outlook
Hi Pardon for asking here - didn't know where to put this as I don't know if it's an Outlook or Exchange question. When I click the "To:" button in Outlook 2003 and look in my GAL i get the Name, Business Phone, Office etc. as default view. Is there a way to change this view or maybe the order of the columns? Email-address holds the x400 address - why not the smtp address? I would like to change the view so that it fits the need for our users - is this possible? Thanks in advance. Best regards, Brian Nicolaisen IT-service, System & Campus-IT UNIVERSITY OF SO...

Using secured OMA

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Outlook stops checking email w/ "Enter Password" prompt?
Howdy, I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Professional system. My system is connected to the Internet using DSL going through a Linksys router. I have Outlook configured to check several pop3 email accounts every 15 minutes. I'm checking my DSL email account and 2 yahoo.com accounts. The Problem: Several times a day, I'll check my machine and see that there's an Outlook window displayed asking for the password to one of my Yahoo accounts with a check box to save the password. These passwords are already saved and they work, for example, if I hit cancel and the Send and R...

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces