How do I update my Outlook (standalone) to SR-1?

I use a stand alone copy of Outlook on my laptop with Windows ME.

I would like to update the outlook to SR-1 so I can use some Franklin
Planning Software I have.

Any links or help is much appreciated.

Jed

Go to http://www.microsoft.com/office/downloads and click on the option to
"Check for updates" and allow it to find what updates you need.  It will
automatically install the ones you select.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen
virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted
w/out reading.
"Jed_Klampett" <wideopencountry@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| I use a stand alone copy of Outlook on my laptop with Windows ME.
|
| I would like to update the outlook to SR-1 so I can use some Franklin
| Planning Software I have.
|
| Any links or help is much appreciated.
|
| Jed

0
MillyS1 (1480)
11/22/2003 12:04:36 AM
Thanks for your answer Milly.

It's just that when I try to download Office SR-1, I get the little
application telling me "cannot download core update", then retry or
cancel.

I even downloaded the app again with no luck.

I also read that Outlook was actually part of an Exchange update and
that confused me a little.  I have standalone Outlook on Windows ME
that I want to update to SR-1.

Thanks again, any more info is welcome.
Try using the administrative update then.  It is available through the
Office Resource Kit.  Download the entire file and then run it from your
downloaded location on your hard drive.  Folks who have had problems with
the downloads from Office Update report that running the admin patch works.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/admin/97_2000/default.htm

--�

Jed_Klampett <wideopencountry@yahoo.com> asked:

| Thanks for your answer Milly.
|
| It's just that when I try to download Office SR-1, I get the little
| application telling me "cannot download core update", then retry or
| cancel.
|
| I even downloaded the app again with no luck.
|
| I also read that Outlook was actually part of an Exchange update and
| that confused me a little.  I have standalone Outlook on Windows ME
| that I want to update to SR-1.
|
| Thanks again, any more info is welcome.

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Did Outlook 97 support HTML formats email ?
seems can't support html formats, want to confirm. If yes, How ? No, it was developed before HTML email became popular. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the Slipstick Ratings Raffle at ht...

Two different outlook programs on my desktop?
Can I have two different outlook mail programs running on my desktop using two different servers (Xplornet-satelight system, and Sympatico-dialup)? If I can, do I have to download the second Outlook, or how do I get another blank Outlook to start from scratch with for my new email address? My husband and I need two different accounts and would like to have both using Outlook. If this means anything, I am using Vista. Would it work if I switch to another user name/profile when I log onto my computer? That would be very easy then... Thanks, Ann -- gouligann no, yo...

Update for MS Money 2005?

outlook 2002 hanging up
when I try to send an email message via word or if I try to connect to an url address from inside an email message in outlook it hangs up. any suggestions? mx-mom ...

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Outlook data file check
Hello, I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2. Quite often on startup I get a message the Outlook is doing a file check and performance may be slow. I also often get on computer startup a message requesting me to send an error report to Microsoft that includes a few episodes of Outlook not responding. Any idea what this could be about and how to prevent both? -- Thanks, Bob ...

Update question

outlook 2003 constantly freezing
while I am downloading mail from my servers, if I click a link in a mail item in outlook everything freezes for about 2 minutes. Does anyone know now to fix this? ............................................................ > Posted via AtlantisNews - Explore EVERY Newsgroup < >> http://www.AtlantisNews.com -- Lightning Fast!! << >>> Access to More Content * No Limits * Best Retention <<< ...

Outlook Networking #2
Is it possible to have a home network (3 PC's)with Outlook running on each and set it up so that they all synchrionize? That is, change an entry on one pc and it effects all three. Kevin wrote: > Is it possible to have a home network (3 PC's)with > Outlook running on each and set it up so that they all > synchrionize? That is, change an entry on one pc and it > effects all three. Not easily...but see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm ...

any Tweaks for outlook?
I once had a question in which I needed assistance with a tweak in the Registry. Someone gave me a very good website and I have lost it. I wondering if someone has a good website that explains how to change the appearance of outlooks calendar beyond the options that are available in the menu. Namely, I want to change the day description font and color so that the day I am on stands out better. This wouldn't be done through the registry. What version of Outlook? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com...

How update entity in post update?

Outlook 2003 over VPN #2
I am trying to get VPN access to an Exchange 2000 server, with Outlook 2003 through a cable modem running on XP Professional. Access to the VPN works, I can even set up the client and "check the name" with no problem. But, after loading Outlook 2003 I don't see any emails. Normally when I would connect a machine through the VPN (using earlier versions of outlook) I would see the users mailbox by default. Does anyone have any idea why I cannot see the mail in the exchange mail box? Are there settings, that by default, act like an account that needs to "send/reci...

Outlook Change Account Problem
The one is driving me nuts. When I set up another Pop3 account, the user information I entered, (specifically: Your Name) was entered incorrectly. I had tested it with the test function button and it worked just fine; both user name and address were sent through. I even sent an e-mail from that account to another, still OK. OK, so now I want to correct the name, but Outlook refuses to change it. I have tried deleting that account, all accounts, and deleting associated registry entries for that account, etc. No dice. The old name still appears in the message. Is there some hidden setti...

Outlook 2002 #46
The "cc" line and the "subject" line have disappeared when I create an new message. All I have is the "to" line. Don't know how it got this way but would like to get it back to normal. Click the dropdown menu for Options in an open new email message and you should be able to display those. ----- Ron wrote: ----- The "cc" line and the "subject" line have disappeared when I create an new message. All I have is the "to" line. Don't know how it got this way but would like to get ...

Can someone help me??? (0/1)
Let me start off by saying that I am no where near an excel expert so please bear with me. I have a schedule for my employees which is attatched to this post as an html file. They are contained in three different sheets within a workbook. Each sheet has its own formulas and such but I have excluded them and also condensed them down to save repitition. The 3 scheduling sheets are named Servers, Hostess, and BarBus I also have/want 7 other sheets named Mon thru Sun and a template is attatched as an html file as well. What I need to get working is the Mon thru Sun sheets to automatically pu...

Transfering Outlook Express to Outlook
Hard drive #1 is now a slave on my computer. It contains Outlook Express. Hard drive #2 is a new hard drive. It contains Outlook. How do I transfer the messages from Outlook Express to Outlook? Thank you in advance for you help. Todd K. ...

latest update too MSCFV2

Outlook 03 crashes constantly
I installed Outlook 03 a week or so ago and although I like the look, feel and new features the damn thing crashes all the time. It just freezes and I have to use the task manager to shut it down. Even after that I still have the icon in the task tray and I have to close it through the processes screen. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks Try a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted witho...

Dynamic Menu update