How do I transfer mail over network to other computer?

I have Outlook Express 6 on my laptop and Outlook 2000 as
well ast Outlook Express 6 on my home computer.  They are
networked using a hub and I want to back up my mail on the
home computer but I can't seem to figure out the
import/export functions.
0
anonymous (74720)

Bill <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have Outlook Express 6 on my laptop and Outlook 2000 as
> well ast Outlook Express 6 on my home computer.  They are
> networked using a hub and I want to back up my mail on the
> home computer but I can't seem to figure out the
> import/export functions.

Create a network share on the desktop computer and copy all of the DBX files
on the laptop to the share.  On the desktop, configure Outlook Express to
use the DBX files in the share and then Export them to Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillman (1436)

replying to incoming mail or sending to other addresses
I can only send/reply to e-mail addresses within my server network. If I try to send to other e-mail addresses (outside my server network) the message comes back as "undeliverable server can't be found or did not respond" What kind of mail server are you using? Is it an SMTP server you're connecting to inside your office? "Outlook Send Help" <Outlook Send Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CE0AC45-052A-47A8-8AEC-E4F95B8EA4B6@microsoft.com... >I can only send/reply to e-mail addresses within my server network. If I >try > to ...

about transfer order

New Mailbox not receiving mails
We have recently added a new mailbox to Exchange 2000 on our company's server. The user can access his mails via our ISP but they do not appear to be uploading onto the server. He is using Outlook 2003. We can't find any differences between the new user profile and the previous profiles that work OK. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we need to do? No-one at my company is that familiar with Exchange. Thanks in advance HI In the User propertieas (in active directory users and computers) check if the user have e-mail address, Regards, Shai Netanel "Darach" ...

Refreshing from Outlook (outgoing/Ingoing mail)
It seems I always have to press F5 to check for incoming and outgoing mail (I am dial-up) and then it looks for new mail....Is there a way to get it to constantly check for new mail every few minutes??? I already have the option to "check for new messages every..- minutes." but it doesn't seem to work.. - Can anyone elighten me as to how to get outlook to check for itself?? What version of Outlook? Make sure Outlook is not placed in Off-line mode as well; File-> Work Offline -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Ou...

Transfering messages

Unable to send mail on telephone line or DSL, but can send on cable modem
I never used to have a problem. Recently I cannot send mail from Outlook if I use a dial up modem or if I am on a DSL modem. I can receive mail OK. I can send mail on a cable modem. All it does is say "Connecting to Server" and the mail does not send. Then I get an error message "The TCI/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server.(Account: "Name of My Account', SMTP Server: 'name of my server.com', Error Number: 0x800ccc0f). I called the hosting company and they say everything is working and that I have a problem with Outlook 2000. Any ideas wha...

Mail Routing #5
I having an issue with Mail Routing on an Exchange Server 2003 The server is configured to accept email from various domains, and is responsible for sending and receiving for these particular domain names. The issue that I am having is that one domain name for some reason is not routing. I have checked DNS records and everything appears fine. i.e. the MX records point to the correct server and this has been verified from and external source. When I create an email alias using the domain name in question all emails sent to that address appear to be lost. The recipient does not receive ...

Computer Problem!
My system is windows xp with 1GB of RAM. What can cause your text and fonts to change to a larger size without clicking anything? This happened to my computer just awhile ago, and is there a way to fix that? James Moore "James" <jamo1937@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4082df64-90ec-4b18-8242-fed29ee62b92@t23g2000yqt.googlegroups.com... > My system is windows xp with 1GB of RAM. What can cause your text and > fonts to change to a larger size without clicking anything? This > happened to my computer just awhile ago, and is there a way to fix > that? ...

HR Position Transfers

Outlook/Exchange/Internet mail configuration intricacy...
Hi, We have two exchange servers on our organization. One is dedicated for internal usage, the other is for internet mail. Both are in separate Active Directory servers. They dont know each other. Both operate on SMTP. The problems start when I configure an user of the internal server (Outlook 2000) to connect via SMTP/POP3 to the external server. Some internet messages get into the internal server. If I set in the Transport tab that the Internet Service has priority over the Exchange (internal) then I get better results but anyway some Internet messages go to the internal server, specially w...

E-mail Excel Attachments to People Who do not have Excel
I want to send a short Excel table in an e-mail to allow for recipents to input their basic contact information and hit reply with the updated table. The table will be 2 rows (1 row will be a header) and about 8 columns. Alot of these e-mail recipients do not have Excel, and some have no MS Office products at all. I want an easy way to collect basic contact information from people and import it into a large Excel spreadsheet for a club I am doing work for. Our club does not have the money or knowledge to setup a input database on a web site to collect such information. How can ...

How do I e-mail only part (page 1) and not other pages on the sam.
A single worksheet may contain many pages. How do I e-mail just one of these pages and not the whole worksheet David H Hi David You can mail a selection or range Look for a example on my SendMail page http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "David H" <DavidH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85AC80F5-1CEF-41C7-8C34-BFEE3955867D@microsoft.com... >A single worksheet may contain many pages. How do I e-mail just one of these > pages and not the whole worksheet > David H ...

Where to send suspect E-mails
I used to have an e-mail address to send suspect e-mails to but I don't seem to have it any more. Am I remembering correctly or isn't there such a place. I'm afraid to open it but afraid not to too as it could be important if it is legit. Hope this is a place to get an answer. On 27/01/2010 in message <341099C7-23D8-4192-9A91-05F206C7F9C9@microsoft.com> Grama K wrote: >I used to have an e-mail address to send suspect e-mails to but I don't >seem >to have it any more. Am I remembering correctly or isn't there such a >place. > I...

Windows Easy Transfer

Transferring an order to an invoice...

Mail Merge
Is there a way to format numbers using mail merge? Has to begin with a $. Needs a comma when repesenting thousands. Can only have two two digits after the decimal place. Note: The merge list used is compiled using vlookup. (Graham Mayor has replied to the similar post in the Mailmerge and Fields group) Peter Jamieson http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk On 05/02/2010 14:01, Dimitri wrote: > Is there a way to format numbers using mail merge? > > Has to begin with a $. > > Needs a comma when repesenting thousands. > > Can only have two two digits after...

E-mail preview programs
9-Sep-06 I use two e-mail preview programs - they both are not 100% accurate although they used to be. I receive � 100 messages per day. (I've been using PCs since the early '90s and was not careful at first 'cause I didn't know better.) Luckily, the preview programs make it easy to delete junk. The first program is MailWasher Pro. The second is not really a program but a web site: that of Adelphia, my ISP. My e-mail program is MS Outlook. Let's say a preview program indicates that I have 60 e-mail messages. I delete 50 of them, leaving me 10 messages. Then I ...

using ISP mail server?
I have a website and naturally use the hosting company's mail server. Recently, I had a few boucebacks and technical support suggested using my ISP's server. I don't know if I can do that and keep the same mail accounts. It would be silly if I had to use emails not ending in our domain name. I don't see how it would work, but I don't see a lot of things. Any thoughts? Thanks, Peter Not an Outlook issue - I would suggest talking to your hosting company for answers to how their mail server would work with your domain mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all...

no sound for new mail in inbox
i have same problems about sound. 1. does that mean i have to leave outlook open for 5 minutes or longer to hear a sound for new mail in the inbox? 2, do i have to create a rule to play a sound for items going into personal folders?and how do you do that? 1. Please quote the post to which you are referring - no one here has any idea what the original question/answer entailed. 2. Post your version of Outlook. 3. Use rules and alerts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: h...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...

Set specific right margin in Outlook 2007 e-mail
I would like to draft e-mails that fit into a fixed 80 character (or some other number of fixed characters or fixed size in inches) column field. I use the "Normal" style and try and move the margin indicator in the "ruler" that appears at the top but whenever I move it to the left, it bounces right back to the maximum width of the screen. Is there some way of setting fixed margins in an e-mail? Thanks for any ideas. Doug Walker You can try to create a new email.dotm (?), edit it to your = specifications, and then make that the default for new mail. --=81 Milly...

Why does e-mail from my exchange server go to junk e-mail on other clients?
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 SP2 server. It has the correct entries for reverse DNS. It passes everything including SPF for DNS report. It is not an open relay server. If I send an e-mail from it though, it will go into the junk e-mail folder on a client running Outlook 2003 SP2. My e-mail address/domain e-mail is not in their blocked senders. Any suggestions/tips? Thanks Actions, Junk Email, Junk Email Options, Safe Senders, @yourdomain.com and tick both bottom boxes. You should be able to deploy that to your LAN quite easily. If need be, search for the reg entry, export...

spam cannot be blocked; bug in mail rule
Since about a week I keep receiving the same spam-mail : it reads "hi" in the subject header. I tried to block it creating a new e-mail rule, but there seems to be a bug. When a try to type in "hi" ("containing the word(s)" in the subject header), the rule appears as : "containing "containing hi' " (doubles the word containing). I'm sorry if the translation is not correct since I'm using the Dutch version, perhaps it is not "containing", but however : the problem is that he not only puts the word "hi&quo...

Strange problem recieving mail
After the installation of SP2, no new mail is recieved UNTIL I send an email. Even clicking Send/Recieve email now button does not bring up new emails. I have to go to new>mail> and the second I hit send, new mail arrives. Has anyone else experienced this strange problem or have a suggestion/solution for it? Any response is appreciated. Using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP3 with Windows XP Pro SP2. Thanks!!! - Joe Joe Scalise wrote: > After the installation of SP2, no new mail is recieved UNTIL I send an > email. Even clicking Send/Recieve email now button does not bring up...