how do i synchronise a diary my manager has on his pc, with my pc

can anyone tell me how i synchronise a diary my manager has on his pc (which
syncs to his pda) so I can make, alter, create appointments on my pc, that
will synch with his pc (we're on a network).

or can i access his diary from my pc (he usually keeps it open)

Is there a specific version I need?  I've tried to do it before and failed
and given up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have an Exchange Server in your office? If so, you may be able to
open his mailbox and edit his Journal

"rosebud982" <rosebud982@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can anyone tell me how i synchronise a diary my manager has on his pc
> (which
> syncs to his pda) so I can make, alter, create appointments on my pc, that
> will synch with his pc (we're on a network).
>
> or can i access his diary from my pc (he usually keeps it open)
>
> Is there a specific version I need?  I've tried to do it before and failed
> and given up.

0
vince8328 (2732)
8/11/2005 10:59:20 AM
no we don't .

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Do you have an Exchange Server in your office? If so, you may be able to
> open his mailbox and edit his Journal
>
> "rosebud982" <rosebud982@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > can anyone tell me how i synchronise a diary my manager has on his pc
> > (which
> > syncs to his pda) so I can make, alter, create appointments on my pc, that
> > will synch with his pc (we're on a network).
> >
> > or can i access his diary from my pc (he usually keeps it open)
> >
> > Is there a specific version I need?  I've tried to do it before and failed
> > and given up.

rosebud982 <rosebud982@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> can anyone tell me how i synchronise a diary my manager has on his pc
> (which syncs to his pda) so I can make, alter, create appointments on
> my pc, that will synch with his pc (we're on a network).
>
> or can i access his diary from my pc (he usually keeps it open)

What is the program that provides the diary?  Why can't he mail to you the
contents of that diary?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Deleting duplicate diary entries ???
I just somehow managed to make a mess of my Calendar in Outlook 2002...when i was attempting to sync my PDA..... and now one of my PC has every diary entry doubled up !!!! Any quick way to undo this ??? -- cheers, Brian C ...

Integration manager #4
Hello, I have a question about Great plains. My company has developed client tracking software fo foster ids. We are currently developing an AP module. Currently our AP vouchers are sent to wichita(we are in Topeka), where they are hand entered into Great plains. We would like to automate this proccesss. Our application as a SQL server back end. We are looking at using Integration manager to pull the records directly from opur database. The problem we have right now is that we cannot find appropriate documentation on what the records need to "look" like in order for them to be impor...

synchronisity
hello, I'm not sure whether i'm in the right forum but it seems like a good place to start. I have made an excel program for site inspectors which only has two users, each with a copy of the program on their desktop, both with each others information on one file. What i really want is to have a copy on a network group file so i can make any ammendments to the program, which will then be passed on to their copies on their desktop, probably in a similar way to website synchronisation which is updated every so often. An even better solution (but probably much harder!) would b...

Mailbox Manager #2
After upgraden our Exchange 2000/Windows 2000 to Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 our clients get no e-mail anymore form the Mailbox Management process. In the Event viewer I get the following message: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Mailbox Management Event ID: 9313 Date: 18-1-2004 Time: 0:08:20 User: N/A Computer: EXMAIL Description: Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager failed to send the following message: Subject: The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager on EXMAIL completed processing successfully. Recipient: ........ Error: c1050000 For more inf...

returns management #4
I am looking to install returns management and depot management (V9). Ans therefore looking for some honest advice as to whether it is really worth implementing, rather than survive with the returns function in sales management. any comments good or bad would be appreciated. Thanks. We're struggling with the standard sales returns functionality as well. We've looked into returns management and would love to have it but can't justify the cost for our environment. It would be a great add though to be able to have real RMA functionality and an actual receipt process on retu...

Deployment Manager Snap-in Failed
In MSCRM 1.2 we tried to create a new Business Unit with a new name. This caused users in our original BU to have problems, so we tried to delete the new BU after moving all users back to the initla BU. In the process, MSCRM failed and we get a snap-in failure message when we try to open the Deployment Manager. We have verified within Active Directory that all users have the propoer permission. Can we simply run a reinstall to fix the snap-in failure issue? Make sure when logging into the server to run deployment manager that you log in as an administrator in the domain, not just log...

Local Data synchronisation problem
Hello, I have a strange problem when I try to syncronize Outlook and CRM using the local data option. The first time that I have syncronize Outlook and CRM everything work fine and no problem appear. The CRM Contact appear inside the Outlook contact. But don't ask me why, I have delete all contact inside my Outlook (but don't forget all contact are always inside the CRM). After this, I try to syncronize again Outlook and CRM but this time no contact appear inside the Outlook. Someone have an idea how can I fix this ? P.S.: My Outlook use an Exchange server and the Outlook d...

Device Manager & Disk Manager API?
HELP! I have been struggling with this for months. If you could help me in any way, I would greatly appreciate. My application is a kind of an "embedded system" and there is not GUI to the user. Thus I have to manipulate the contents of the Device Manager and the Disk Manager just with Windows APIs, meaning that without opening those control windows. I only wants to do the followings thru APIs: 1. Disabling and Enabling one of the "Disk Drives" shown in the Device Manager (not just unmounting the drives from system!) 2. Reactivate "Disk 1" shown in the Di...

2003 runtime and 2007 runtime on same PC
Hi all I currently have about 100 users using a FE/BE (SQL backend) with 2003 runtime. Another department now want a db and I would like to develop in 2007 and have them used 2007 runtime. Each department will only use their db but a couple of people (directors....) will need to be able to get into both. Will there be the "application install" delay with runtime? Can a pc have both runtime versions installed? Thanks for the help. -- Cheers On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 04:02:01 -0700, Cadburys <Cadburys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: An A2003 application r...

Multiple entries of iexplore in task manager
There are times I have 8 copies of iexplore on the list. When this happens (or even fewer copies sometimes) iexplorer begains to malfunction. I know immediately what the problem is and have to delete most of the copies till the iexplore on the screen begins to function again. I've have used two programs to clean the registry and spyware and anti-phising and anti-virus programs. I cannot find any hooks that in the registry -- Tom tct@usa com http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/multiple-instances-of-iexploreexe-run-when-using-internet-explorer-8/ --- Leonard Grey Errare...

Integration Manager menu items grayed out
I've set a user's permissions to allow Integration Manager...when I check this user in Advanced Security, there IS a check by Tools>>Import Utility. We've restarted(File Exit, then click the GP shorcut) GP on the users machine many times and the selections in GP under Tools>>Integrate are grayed out, except for Table Import. How do I give a user permission to use IM from the GP menu(light up the menu items under/beside Tools>>Integrate? Thanks, Greg Did you install IM on the workstation? If so, here's what I do (from regular security) to give my users acc...

Synchronisation
One of my mail providers has synch'd all mail (lycos) I can receive mails in to my synch'd inbox, see the subjects, I can not open them though. Outlook 2002 just closes down and restarts, (after asking if I want to send an error message). However If I right click and select forward, or reply, I can rean the mail. Why can I not just open it??? Also I can send a blank mail with the sync account, but can not seem to be able to send one with an attachmant. Having just played about, I can do all ok on my laptop which is networked to my desktop. Same install etc. Now I am confu...

Extra row in header for Integration Manager
Hi, I have created a couple of Integrations with a Header and then the Integration. All my headers keep coming up with a blank row between the column Name and the actual name. The integration will still run but with an error. Is this possibly the relationship properties of 3 "0 to many" vs option 4 of 1 to many? How do I fix this? TIA If the source file is txt you have extra rows in file. Open up txt file and navigate to first row after last row of text. Then highlight from that point to bottom of of file and hit delete key to remove extra rows. If the sou...

Ex55 Mailbox Manager not working
Hi! We have the problem that the Exchange 5.5 Mailbox Manager is not cleaning the mailboxes! In the EventLogs it is said that 0 items are processed but no errors at all! We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on W2K SP4. We also tried the Post-SP4 fix for mailbox manager but it doesn't help! It seems that after restarting the system service the mailbox manager is running for that day. Are there any other solutions or fixes that might help available? Thanks for the help! BR, Jochen Corey, what additional patches do you have installed on your Exchange server? Maybe it is somehow connect...

Portfolio Manager / Customizing
When I customize Portfolio Manager, Money finish leaving the screen with no columns. I tried to comeback to the defaut view, but no changes happens when I finish the customize and back to portfolio manager. Sometimes the "sorry, but a internal..." appears. I can't go to the Portfolio Manager again, except if I back up an older file. Thanks, Marco The Money version is 2006, naturally... "MarcoJes" escreveu: > When I customize Portfolio Manager, Money finish leaving the screen with no > columns. > I tried to comeback to the defaut view, but no changes happ...

Is there a diary/scheduler in Office, rather than Outloook
Does anyone know if there is a Diary/Calendar/Scheduler in Office, rather than having to go into Outlook all the time, as I don't use it. The Diary/Calendar/Scheduler in Office is Outlook "Lolly" wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a Diary/Calendar/Scheduler in Office, rather > than having to go into Outlook all the time, as I don't use it. > "Lolly" <Lolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0C35807-378C-4006-B703-BE9507C34BEC@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there is a Diary/Calendar/Scheduler in Office, rather > ...

Integration Manager: Load Customer ID errors
We are utilizing the Integration Manager to load our customer ID information. Several are not being added and the error we are receiving in the log is "Insert Failed 0.02 Seconds DOC 47 ERROR: Item already exists in collection." What does this mean? When we look in Great Plains we do NOT see the customer ID it is referring to. Any help on this would be appreciated. Also, is there any documentation online that we can find regarding the Integration Manager and the errors it generates. It is not very clear what they mean. Thank you in advance, David W. Dillinger I wou...

Synchronisation hangs during save of synchronisation log.
We're using Exchange Server 2000 with an Outlook 2002 client. When we synchronise the offline folders outlook hangs after it tries to save the synchronisation log (at 50%). Can somebody help please? Thanks in advance! ...

Plotting on primary and secondary axes with 'synchronised' y values
Hi All, I'm looking to plot data on primary and secondary axes, sometimes the data is of different types, ie. sales $ and quantity. When however, the data is of like type ie. sales $ and profit $, I'd like to two axesto be synchronised so that they are effectively one axis, with a minimum and maximum common for both primary and secondary axes. When data reverts to being of different types, I'd like the axes to revert back to independently auto. Any ideas ? VB is fine. Thanks, Neil I am not sure what you expect in response. You've described what you want to do. ...

Using SBS 2008 Internet Address Management Wizard for the first ti
I'm planning for our first SBS2008 installation this coming weekend and would like some help with the Internet Address Management Wizard. Here's the situation: My customer already has an Internet domain. The Domain Name Registrar is Easyspace Ltd [Tag = EASYSPACE] URL: http://www.easyspace.com Easyspace do not appear on the SBS 2008 wizard's list of Domain Name Providers . Question 1. Should I switch Registrars, replacing Easyspace with one of the listed Domain Name Providers? This could take days - so is not my preferred option at this stage unless there ar...

task manager not responding
Hi all, When I try to run task manager using ctrl-alt-del, it doesn't start it. Any ideas?? My computer is running WIndows vista home premiun SP2. TIA "Fanor P." <ronaf09@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:45721B8F-2398-4248-81DF-5BA9A1A7EC81@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > When I try to run task manager using ctrl-alt-del, it doesn't start it. > Any ideas?? > My computer is running WIndows vista home premiun SP2. > Rt/click in the taskbar, and try it from there. bw.. Hello Fanor, In Vista it's CTRL+SHIFT+ESC now t...

Integration Manager Version
Hi, I am having integration manager issue when uploading the negative quantity SOP. KB I found out that I need to upgrade to SP5. Currently my IM version is 8.00.0002, can any one tell me what SP I am at right now. We are using GP8.0 currently. Thanks, Gavin Gavin, Here is a list of all the versions I have been able to find: http://victoriayudin.com/2009/01/28/dynamics-gp-integration-manager-versions/. 8.00.0002 is most likely RTM with some hot fix. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www....

Creating child windows in Store Operations Manager
Hello, I'm working on an extension to Store Operations Manager by modifying the Taskpad.htm file to include a new item. Using an ActiveX dll I can get forms to pop-up but they'll dissapear if I click on the Operations manager (if I have them set to have a fixed dialog style window border.) Is it possible to make these forms either a modal dialog or MDI child window of Store Operations Manager? It looks like I totally forgot to add a vbModal to my form.Show(). So now that that question's solved, I'd still like to know if I can retrieve a reference to the Operation Ma...

Synchronisation
Hi I am new to Entourage (and Mac) I used Windows XP&Vista before with Outlook and I am still using Windows and Outlook in the office. My problem: I am using a PDA with Windows Mobile 6, to have my Agenda and my Contacts list with me, as well as updating the office2home and vice versa. Input to both (Agenda and Contacts) is made both in the office and at home. While using Windows/Outlook I used ActiveSync to synchronise the PDA when it was docked (i.e. Connected by a USB cable either at home or in the office). The same should apply with OSX/Entourage Now, as I am still ...

Allow a user to manager all Distribution List without making him a Domain ADmin
I have a user who needs to be able to add/remove users from all DLs in the organization, but I don't want them to be a domain Admin.. I have tried using the delegation wizard, but it did not seem to work.. WHat am I am missing. ...