How do I switch users with outlook?

I am use to using Outlook Express and there is a "switch identities" tab. Is
there some equivalant with ouotlook? When I hit "send receive" I get mail for
all 4 of my accounts when I only want one at a time to be accessed.
0
scott7693 (519)

Scott <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am use to using Outlook Express and there is a "switch identities"
> tab. Is there some equivalant with ouotlook? When I hit "send
> receive" I get mail for all 4 of my accounts when I only want one at
> a time to be accessed.

Outlook doesn't have identities.  You have two choices.  One is to create
separate mail profiles for each of your accounts.  You can then have a
separate mail store for each.  To switch between then, you enable the option
in the Mail applet to ask for the profile when Outlook starts and then when
you start Outlook, it will ask which profile to use.  I don't think this is
the best choice here, though.

Instead, I think you should create separate send/receive groups for each
account.  You can then control the sending and receiving for each and it
won't interfere with the others.  However, since you didn't state your
Outlook version, it's impossible to explain the steps to do this.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
4/29/2005 1:55:24 PM
Thank you Brian.

My version of outlook is part of Office 2000.

Can you tell me how to set this up?

Thanks

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Scott <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I am use to using Outlook Express and there is a "switch identities"
> > tab. Is there some equivalant with ouotlook? When I hit "send
> > receive" I get mail for all 4 of my accounts when I only want one at
> > a time to be accessed.
>
> Outlook doesn't have identities.  You have two choices.  One is to create
> separate mail profiles for each of your accounts.  You can then have a
> separate mail store for each.  To switch between then, you enable the option
> in the Mail applet to ask for the profile when Outlook starts and then when
> you start Outlook, it will ask which profile to use.  I don't think this is
> the best choice here, though.
>
> Instead, I think you should create separate send/receive groups for each
> account.  You can then control the sending and receiving for each and it
> won't interfere with the others.  However, since you didn't state your
> Outlook version, it's impossible to explain the steps to do this.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
scott7693 (519)
4/29/2005 2:08:02 PM
Scott <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> My version of outlook is part of Office 2000.

Oops.  OL 2000 is too old for me to remember off the top of my head and I
don't have access at the moment to a machine where that's installed.  Either
someone else can add to this thread or I'll see if I can note the steps when
I get home tonight.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

cant activate user
I upgraded an CRM 1.2 installation to CRM 3.0 - with no big problems. But now I cannot activate users or change restricted access mode setting. When I try to do this and hit save and exit an error page appears. Anyone any idea where I could look at to solve this problem? ...

Outlook 98 causes CPU utilization of 99% on Windows NT Terminal Server: Help!
all, I've a client with a Windows NT Terminal Server SP6. Client is running Office 97, IE 4.0 SP2 and Outlook98. Sometimes, without any obvious reason, Outlook causes the CPU to spike at 99%. If you close the application, nothing happens. The only thing to do is kill the application in the Task Manager or (as the users sometimes do) reboor the server (= the same thing in fact). I've tried o lot of things, searched for updates, for other apps that run at the same time, tried to see what the user was doing at that time, and so on. Nothing worked so far..... Can anyone tell me what to...

Looking for Dynamics CRM users in N.C
Hi, I am looking for someone who uses Dynamics CRM in N.C. My Company is looking at this software to replace one we are using now. Would love to see it being used in a working environment. Thanks Mark Feel free to contact us to discuss your CRM needs ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "madkins" <madkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3255FD5D-B440-4EDF-BDF3-74A34A2FB096@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I am looking for someone who uses Dynamics CRM in N.C. My Company is > looking > at this...

Outlook Client & NTFS File system
Did not see NTFS as a requirement on any documentation for Outlook client, however cannot install Outlook client on FAT32, with message saying NTFS is required. Is there a workaround besides converting to NTFS. ...

outlook forms #8
Stephen I need to know how you change the name of the tab/P.2 when creating an Outlook form. Also, how do you delete or create on the default message tab when creating a form. Thanks ...

Configuration for 2 similar users on one Exchange server hosting 2 domains
I have a new requirement that has never come up before. Currrently I have one exchange 2003 server that hosts two domains. I need to create basically the same email address except the domain would be different. It would be something like john.smith@abc.com and john.smith@xyz.com. How do I do this? My usual process is to create the user in the AD tree to which they will be working within but we are now sharing staff across the organization and we need to have a method of creating similar email accounts within the other domains. The intention is that when an email is sent and the employee paid ...

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

CRM Contacts Missing in Outlook
I have the following problem with CRM: Outlook 2003 using latest client and "Outlook Crash" hotfix. From within Outllok all contacts can be seen via Sales, Contacts. When a new message is created in Outlook and To is selected, followed by CRM Contacts then certain contacts do not appear in the contact list. This is only true for a couple of PCs, the rest seem to work OK. I have tried removing the CRM client and re-installing, but it doesn't make any difference. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening? Mark ...

How to use my Outlook
I use msn8 but I can not use my outlook mail. I keep getting an error message about my POP3 account. ...

Outlook Today Settings
When I start Outlook it opens in the window "Outlook Today". Here I can view upcoming events and appointments and summaries of emails (how many, unread, etc.). How can I change the settings so that it displays more events further into the future? Currently it only seems to display events a few days ahead. Thanks. Hi Snapper, How to customize "Outlook Today"? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/outlooktoday.htm How to find information about how to customize the Outlook Today page in Outlook http://support.microsoft.com/kb/236081/en-us Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics...

Synchronisation Problem with Outlook
Hi I am running Money 2004 on a PC under Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2 installed. I have recently invested in a HP iPAQ hx2490 and have it set up to synchronize through a USB cradle. Synchronization settings include contacts, calendar, notes, files and Microsoft Money data. All went well until 10th.Feb or thereabouts, when Microsoft Money Data stopped synchronizing, with the message "Attention Required" opposite the Microsoft Money listing. All other data continues to synchronize satisfactorily. HP support tell me that since other data continues to synchronize satisfactorily ...

In Outlook Web Access 2000
I have two users that are not able to open emails in their inbox when they connect to the Exchange mailbox using Outlook Web Access. Can they open any emails in their inbox, or do all fail? What error do they get? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B357F9F3-DFBC-47B9-AA9F-34CA064A7727@microsoft.com... >I have two users that are not able to open emails in their inbox when they > connect to the Exchange mailbox using Outlook Web Acce...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

VBA Code to have User input data for cell
Afternoon Gurus!!! I have written the following code Rows("1:5").Select Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Company Name" With Selection.Font .Size = 16 End With Range("A3").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "TRIAL BALANCE FOR PERIOD ENDING:" Range("F3").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "4/30/2010" Rows("1:3").Select Selection.Font.Bold = True Range("F3").Select With Selection.Font ...

Outlook 2000 #172
Hi, I cannot access Outlook. It was working fine and then just gets stalled in the loading process. When I do control;alt;delete there is the usual message that the program has stopped responding or waiting for my command. However it does not show that Outlook is the program that is not working. I have done a repair and reinstall, have checked for viruses, defragged and scanned my computer. Nothing seems to work. Can you help me please. Thanks. Ollie You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Ou...

User permissions
I apparently made a change in a user profile on the server management feature on our server. Now a user does not have permissions to for outlook. How do I setup permissions for outlook folders? Note I deactivated and then activated this user. Could this be the issue? Thank you. Figured it out. Once I inactivated the user, I had to install the outlook account on his pc. brian wrote: > I apparently made a change in a user profile on the server management > feature on our server. Now a user does not have permissions to for > outlook. How do I setup permissions for outlook fol...

Since Installing ActiveSync, Outlook Crashes When Saving Notes
Since installing ActiveSync for my Orange SPV M2000, I'm finding that Outlook often crashes, logging the following error when I try to save a note: "Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 11 Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 13/06/2005 Time: 15:40:36 User: N/A Computer: B22-GX260 Description: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.6353.0, stamp 408f2937, faulting module outllib.dll, version 11.0.6359.0, stamp 40c8adfd, debug? 0, fault address 0x0002703e. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.&...

Changing user IDs, computers, etc., with Outlook and OE -- what a mess!
I have had a lot of issues lately involving changing user IDs, bringing users from workgroup to domain logins, switching computers, and running multiple identities. I really need a pointer to a good reference on how to handle these situations. These involve both Outlook and Outlook Express -- yes, I know they are radically different code bases, but the issues affect both nearly equally, especially when used in a POP/SMTP environment as most small businesses do. Users frankly don't care about the details. They just want to keep their email. Speaking of which, backups... Switching a us...

Problem with Outlook 11-17-04
I installed the 1.2 outlook client when I was logged on as the Domain Administrator and the client looked fine. However I need to add teh client to the users profile now that they have started work. When I logon as the user I can not install the client for them. I get an error saying that I should unistall it from the other user first. I wouold do this but when I logon as the administrator again I get a 'Windows installer window' error from add/remove programs saying: This action is only valid for products that are currently installed. ?? I am stuck now, I can not remove and I...

Outlook 2007
Working with Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2007. Is there a way to display what time the delayed delivery occurred? Once a message is sent, all the properties and sent time reflect the time I clicked send, not the delayed delivery time. There is no way to even tell that the message was delivered at a different time.... Set Request Delivery receipt for the message when you set the "Delay delivery" time. Robb wrote: > Working with Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2007. > > Is there a way to display what time the delayed delivery occurred? > Once a message is sent, all ...

Managing Users by User Other Than SA
Is there any tricky way to allow a user other than sa to make changes to the User Setup? Use DYNSA -- Charles Allen, MVP "Cindy Mikeworth" wrote: > Is there any tricky way to allow a user other than sa to make changes to the > User Setup? > > Charles Allen wrote: > Use DYNSA > -- > Charles Allen, MVP > > > > "Cindy Mikeworth" wrote: > > > Is there any tricky way to allow a user other than sa to make changes to the > > User Setup? > > > > If you are on GP10 grant the user the IT Manager role and add...

Outlook Office assittant problem
hi all When i start and stop the outlook 2000, i am getting the following alert message "There are no Office Assistant character files present on the system. Please run setup in maintenance mode and install at least one character" but by clicking "Ok" , the outlook continues to work. what can be done for avoiding this alet? Thanks and redgs neela The program is asking that the original installation media be placed back in the machine, go to the add/remove applet in the control panel, highlight Office/Outlook 2000, and select Add/Remove. From there it wants y...

Outlook LIve #9
Please can anyone help ??.....I cant receive any email from my secondary account but i can send one from outlook to it.....when i try to send a different email from my secondary i then cant see it...not even in my hotmail asit appears to vanish !!!.........help... is the secondary account another live account? if not, what type of account is it? Does it send using the default account? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginn...

Possibility to analyze users
Is there a possibility in Microsoft CRM to analyze actions of a users for a week (for example). I found only reports that show me the list of users (I mean sales), but not what they did for this week. There is an Actity report that will show you the activities created. I don't think there is one that groups by users though. It would be easy to modify one of the supplied reports to display the information with a different grouping. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 03:39:03 -0700, Vitaly ...

Forcing Users to Color Print
Greetings, I have an excel colour document (red, white & grey) which I want users to print in colour ONLY. I use the grey font as a shadow font which users can write over in pen. The problem arises when they print it in black & white; even the faint grey font appears in black. How can I overcome this? Is there a way to prevent black and white printing of a document? Or can I possibly modify the doc such that it prints OK in colour but looks illegible in black and white? I'm prepared to use VBA or any method possible & I'm open to all suggestions! Thanks in advance, Hype...