How do I setup outlook connect to corportate email

I'm trying to setup my home computer to receive my corportate email.  When I
try to setup exchange client from the instructions provided from my employer.
 I go to Connections and in this box I'm to click on "Connect to my Exchange
mailbox using HTTP".  But I don't have this option is there an upgrade I
need. I'm using Office 2003 standard addition.
0
James6891 (359)

James wrote:
> I'm trying to setup my home computer to receive my corportate email.  When I
> try to setup exchange client from the instructions provided from my employer.
>  I go to Connections and in this box I'm to click on "Connect to my Exchange
> mailbox using HTTP".  But I don't have this option is there an upgrade I
> need. I'm using Office 2003 standard addition.

Suggest you talk it through with your IT dept.....
0
gbplinux (1141)
11/28/2006 5:22:31 PM
I agree, you need to talk to your IT department. They don't as a rule allow
anyone to just pull email without some sort of challenge/authentication
system in place (VPN, Citrix portal, etc.). There will be alot of security in
place so you can't just arbitrarily decide to pull email.

--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"James" wrote:

> I'm trying to setup my home computer to receive my corportate email.  When I
> try to setup exchange client from the instructions provided from my employer.
>  I go to Connections and in this box I'm to click on "Connect to my Exchange
> mailbox using HTTP".  But I don't have this option is there an upgrade I
> need. I'm using Office 2003 standard addition.
0
KOrland1 (1012)

outlook attachments #16
Is there a way to recieve attachments in outlook. I can get some but others are blocked. I have noticed that if they are .exe it won't work. What is up with that? kalendesh <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to recieve attachments in outlook. I can > get some but others are blocked. I have noticed that if > they are .exe it won't work. What is up with that? Install Slovak's Attachment Options: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm Consider subscribing to Woody's Office Watch (free) http://www.woodyswatch.com/office/index...

The best Exchange setup in a small hosting setup
I need to set up at small hosting setup where the users can access their email through RPC-HTTPS and webmail. But what do I need? One ISA server? One front-end server? One back-end server? Some clustering or is it overkill? Best Regards Martin - You can do it with as little as a single Exchange server and a firewall. - In a single server environment, FE/BE topology doesn't really buy you much... - Clustering can be an overkill or not, depending on what your goals are. If high-availability is a valued goal, you could look at clustering (and the investments that go with a clustered ...

Moving multiple profiles from outlook 2000 on win98 to outlook 2002 on XP pro machines
We are in the process of upgrading our computers from win98 with outlook 2000 to XP pro with outlook 2002. We are changing out all of the workstation hardware. I have all of the workstations set up with outlook 2000 with as many as 20 profiles, for different users, on each machine. All of the profiles are pop3 accounts, and the .pst files are located on a central file server (not on the workstations). Is there a way to export the user profiles and import them onto the new machines. When the original accounts were set up the users changed thier passwords, so I would have to hunt down and si...

Page Setup
Hi, I have a problem with Excel XP in that when I preview a page which is in Landscape, it automatically displays as portrait. When I resize it, it goes back to landscape but then back to portarit again ! Any ideas ? Many thanks. Colin. If you change printer drivers, does it happen? If no, then I'd download a newer/fresh printer driver for that troublesome printer. Any chance you have some helpful macro jumping in to fix the page setup for you? If you open the workbook with macros disabled, does it still happen? Colin wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a problem with Excel X...

Outlook Startup error message
I'm getting an error message when I startup Outlook 2003 - I had the same problem with Outlook 2002, and upgrading hasn't fixed it. I get an alert box saying; The add-in "c:\program files\mcafee\mcafee viruscan\scanmail.dll could not be installed or loaded. The problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu." I haven't had Viruscan installed for a couple of years now, and I just used a registry cleaning program to remove all traces of entries related to this program from the registry, but no luck. I've run Detect and Repair multiple ti...

Can't connect to remote computer with Remote Assistance
When trying to access my mother’s computer using Remote Assistance I receive the following message: ”A Remote Assistance connection could not be established because the DNS name of the remote computer could not be resolved.” Both computers are running Windows XP SP3 and McAfee Anti-virus software. Both computers firewalls are set to allow Remote Assistance full access along with port 3389 enabled. I even tried to edit her IP address in the invitation, using the IP address from her internet provider, with the same results. She is e-mailing me the invitation as an attachme...

excel page setup
Hello, I have a spreadsheet and I am using cells a:k50, but when I go to see the end of my spreadsheet it tells me I have used cells a:ak 295. I have 35 sheets like this and is is making the file bigger than it has to be. I have tried deleting, clear, page preview setup but nothing seems to clear and make my page a1: k53. Any suggestions. Thank You Select the row following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow to select all rows beyond your data and Edit>Delete. Select the column following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow (US) to select all columns beyond your data...

email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01CAE3F5.FB5DC680 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0031_01CAE3F5.FB5DC680" ------=_NextPart_001_0031_01CAE3F5.FB5DC680 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable kellinha estou testando se consigo enviar email,bjs ------=_NextPart_001_0031_01CAE3F5.FB5DC680 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//D...

Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using money '02. I have been getting this message for TWO WEEKS now. I set up three accounts with no problem, then this message over and over every day. I have tried starting a new account and I still get the same message. Surely MS's server has not been down this whole time, so I guess the problem is on my end. Please Help! In microsoft.public.money, lostmymirth wrote: >I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using >money '02. I have been getting this message for T...

Outlook Archive Old to New
Recently upgraded from stand alone Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server, but am not able to archive some of my folders... Get Microsoft Office Outlook window "Error while archiving folder "name" in store "Mailbox-Me". You are attempting to archive your data to a Microsoft Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst) which is a non-Unicode data file. To preserve multilingual data, you must choose a Unicode data file, such as the Microsoft Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst). See Help for more information." Is there anyway to convert the old...

Is it possible to use logon name as a variable in exchange 2007 email address creation?
We have an organisatgion that has upgraded from 2003 to 2007 in 2003 the email address policy was based on logon name (or pre windows 2000 logon name to be precisie), e,g for user "John Doe" the logon might be "JohnD" Email addresses were generated using the logon name. Is that possible in exchange 2007? regards Frank Frank formulated the question : > We have an organisatgion that has upgraded from 2003 to 2007 > in 2003 the email address policy was based on logon name (or pre windows 2000 > logon name to be precisie), e,g for user &...

Default email address when using both exchange & pop3 email
I've tried searching for my answer but I apologise if this question is a duplicate of one I haven't found. Originally Outlook was set up to use Exchange and then several pop3 email accounts were created. I've just added another pop3 account which I would like to be the default account. At home I just go to Tools, Accounts, etc to select the default but at work there is no Accounts option on the Tools menu (only Services, Customise, Options). Please could someone tell me how to set the default email account in this situation. Thanks in advance Helen "Helen Rybus"...

The Outlook Categories Do Not Match With My I-mate PDA2K Categories ...
Hi every one, I need help please as my Outlook Categories Do Not Match With My I-mate PDA2K Categories . it is very important for me to have this issue resolved as many other activities depend on resolving this issue. I'm not familiar with that PDA or exactly what the problem is - if outlook doesn't have the same categories, you can easily create them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: htt...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Updated Exchange setup script supports Entourage 2008"
I've posted version 2.0 of my EntourageExchangeSetup AppleScript on The Entourage Help Page that includes support for Microsoft Entourage 2008's Kerberos feature as well as some minor additions and bug fixes. This AppleScript is intended to be modified by an administrator to assist his Entourage users with the setups of their Exchange server accounts. It has been tested specifically with Entourage 2004 11.2.6, 11.3.3, 11.3.7 and Entourage 12.00, 12.0.1 and 12.1.0 but should work with any version of Entourage 2004 SP2 (11.2.0) and higher. Every company's network is different...

startup message for outlook 2000
How do you get rid of the message at the beginning of outlook 2000 which asks you to connect to server, offline access or cancel? How do you set it so that it just logs in every time? Tools | Services | highlight ms exchange | properties button. from memory at this point it is the first or second tab dialog. there is place where you can configure outlook's behaviour when first starting. (i want to say it is on the first tab labeled general.) "Don Siegelman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:c1cc01c43844$c8e06fe0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How...

Printing section of non HTML email
We have Outlook 2007 and someone wanted to print just a section of an email, but cannot seem to do this. I have seen how this can be done with HTML, but is it a lost cause with a non HTML email? "minncal2002" <minncal2002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5851357E-DB1B-4235-B980-A8D2F8DBD53C@microsoft.com... > We have Outlook 2007 and someone wanted to print just a section of an email, > but cannot seem to do this. I have seen how this can be done with HTML, but > is it a lost cause with a non HTML email? You should be able to print a p...

Outlook scroll problem
Outlook XP used to be able to scroll the folders list window but now only the mail in the folder will scroll. Is there a setting or fix for this? ...

Attempting to connect to Microsoft Communications
Hello All, When we open Outlook 2003, we get a pop up "Communicating with Server- Microsoft Office Live meeting". Is there a way to get rid of this message popping up when opening Outlook. We are using Outlook 2003 version 11.5608.5606 Microsoft Add-in for Outlook verion 8.0.6362.114 Any suggestions. Thanks in Advance Vijay Disable the live meeting addin. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlo...

Recurring Events in Outlook Today
I have a number of recurring events that span anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks in my Outlook 2003 calendar for both myself and my employees. I have my Outlook Today set to show me the next seven days when Outlook fires up. However, I only see the first day of these recurring events in Outlook today, even though they show as the complete range of dates in the calendar view. Is there a way for Outlook Today to show all occurences of these recurring events, by day, in that view? Thanks for any help. By the way, I'm using Windows XP with SP2 installed. ...

Multiple domains displayed from within outlook
Does anyone know if there is a way to display 2 different domains from within the same outlook mailbox? -KJK You can only have one Exchange account but you can certainly open multiple inboxes and Exchange certainly supports more than one mail domain. You'll need to clarify your question if you want more specifics. Nue "KJK" <KJK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1013E372-AF26-4880-9507-AC2436F3FB15@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there is a way to display 2 different domains from > within > the same outlook mailbox? > > -KJK ...

Additional Exchange Email Domain
Running SBS 2003 w/Exchange. I have added another email address domain to my recipient policy and have told our hosting service to update the MX record to our server. Is this all I have to do to host email for another domain? I am getting bounce back messages saying our server can't relay messages? Why would it relay? Thanks! Is "This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery to this address." checked under the new domain in the recipient policy? You will also need to have the domain checked under Generation rules in the recipient policy properties. Wi...

Insufficient Permissions Promoting Email In CRM 3.0
I have one CRM user who no longer has the ability to promote an email. The user receives the following message: "An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Do you want to send the email? If you click yes the email will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM". We are current in our rollups, but that does not seem to have made any difference. This user had been able to promote items up until recently and the...

Outlook 2007, Advanced find
I have Outlook 2007 SP1 and find myself using the Advanced find dialogue more and more. Is there any way to save my customizations as defaults? I cannot see any way to do it and it is a right royal pain to have to customise the box each time I use it. TIA Cheers, Guy ** Stress - the condition brought about by having to ** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights ** out of someone who richly deserves it. Unfortunately this is not possible in 2007. The only thing you can do is save as a search folder, if mail items. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Ou...

SETUP
HOW DO I SET IT UP. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. Start here and look for mail settings. ht...

Task notes in Outlook 2000
Is there a way of stepping down the richness of the notes field in an Outlook 2000 Task item. This field is rich text but I would rather it was simple plain text. many thanks, Kevin. ...