How do i setup a vacation in outlook

I'm a previous Lotus Notes user, Notes had a nifty vacation assistant, all
you had to do was enter the range of dates that you were going to be away,
enter a message for your automatic email reply, and that's it.  Is there
something similar in Outlook.  I've seen the out of office assistant, but
it's not very robust.
0
lionelbob (1)

Have you tried customising it?  Use the Rules option to set up your options
in the Out of Office Assistant.  Add Rules = set your time limits.  Then go
back to the main window and add your message, e.g., "I will be out of the
office until MM  DD, please contact my manager <first name, last name> if
you have an urgent matter.  If you require immediate assistance, please call
<phone number>."

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, lionelbob asked:

| I'm a previous Lotus Notes user, Notes had a nifty vacation
| assistant, all you had to do was enter the range of dates that you
| were going to be away, enter a message for your automatic email
| reply, and that's it.  Is there something similar in Outlook.  I've
| seen the out of office assistant, but it's not very robust.

0
MillyS (3228)

outlook attachments #16
Is there a way to recieve attachments in outlook. I can get some but others are blocked. I have noticed that if they are .exe it won't work. What is up with that? kalendesh <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to recieve attachments in outlook. I can > get some but others are blocked. I have noticed that if > they are .exe it won't work. What is up with that? Install Slovak's Attachment Options: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm Consider subscribing to Woody's Office Watch (free) http://www.woodyswatch.com/office/index...

Moving multiple profiles from outlook 2000 on win98 to outlook 2002 on XP pro machines
We are in the process of upgrading our computers from win98 with outlook 2000 to XP pro with outlook 2002. We are changing out all of the workstation hardware. I have all of the workstations set up with outlook 2000 with as many as 20 profiles, for different users, on each machine. All of the profiles are pop3 accounts, and the .pst files are located on a central file server (not on the workstations). Is there a way to export the user profiles and import them onto the new machines. When the original accounts were set up the users changed thier passwords, so I would have to hunt down and si...

The best Exchange setup in a small hosting setup
I need to set up at small hosting setup where the users can access their email through RPC-HTTPS and webmail. But what do I need? One ISA server? One front-end server? One back-end server? Some clustering or is it overkill? Best Regards Martin - You can do it with as little as a single Exchange server and a firewall. - In a single server environment, FE/BE topology doesn't really buy you much... - Clustering can be an overkill or not, depending on what your goals are. If high-availability is a valued goal, you could look at clustering (and the investments that go with a clustered ...

Page Setup
Hi, I have a problem with Excel XP in that when I preview a page which is in Landscape, it automatically displays as portrait. When I resize it, it goes back to landscape but then back to portarit again ! Any ideas ? Many thanks. Colin. If you change printer drivers, does it happen? If no, then I'd download a newer/fresh printer driver for that troublesome printer. Any chance you have some helpful macro jumping in to fix the page setup for you? If you open the workbook with macros disabled, does it still happen? Colin wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a problem with Excel X...

Outlook Startup error message
I'm getting an error message when I startup Outlook 2003 - I had the same problem with Outlook 2002, and upgrading hasn't fixed it. I get an alert box saying; The add-in "c:\program files\mcafee\mcafee viruscan\scanmail.dll could not be installed or loaded. The problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu." I haven't had Viruscan installed for a couple of years now, and I just used a registry cleaning program to remove all traces of entries related to this program from the registry, but no luck. I've run Detect and Repair multiple ti...

excel page setup
Hello, I have a spreadsheet and I am using cells a:k50, but when I go to see the end of my spreadsheet it tells me I have used cells a:ak 295. I have 35 sheets like this and is is making the file bigger than it has to be. I have tried deleting, clear, page preview setup but nothing seems to clear and make my page a1: k53. Any suggestions. Thank You Select the row following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow to select all rows beyond your data and Edit>Delete. Select the column following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow (US) to select all columns beyond your data...

Outlook Archive Old to New
Recently upgraded from stand alone Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server, but am not able to archive some of my folders... Get Microsoft Office Outlook window "Error while archiving folder "name" in store "Mailbox-Me". You are attempting to archive your data to a Microsoft Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst) which is a non-Unicode data file. To preserve multilingual data, you must choose a Unicode data file, such as the Microsoft Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst). See Help for more information." Is there anyway to convert the old...

Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using money '02. I have been getting this message for TWO WEEKS now. I set up three accounts with no problem, then this message over and over every day. I have tried starting a new account and I still get the same message. Surely MS's server has not been down this whole time, so I guess the problem is on my end. Please Help! In microsoft.public.money, lostmymirth wrote: >I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using >money '02. I have been getting this message for T...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Updated Exchange setup script supports Entourage 2008"
I've posted version 2.0 of my EntourageExchangeSetup AppleScript on The Entourage Help Page that includes support for Microsoft Entourage 2008's Kerberos feature as well as some minor additions and bug fixes. This AppleScript is intended to be modified by an administrator to assist his Entourage users with the setups of their Exchange server accounts. It has been tested specifically with Entourage 2004 11.2.6, 11.3.3, 11.3.7 and Entourage 12.00, 12.0.1 and 12.1.0 but should work with any version of Entourage 2004 SP2 (11.2.0) and higher. Every company's network is different...

The Outlook Categories Do Not Match With My I-mate PDA2K Categories ...
Hi every one, I need help please as my Outlook Categories Do Not Match With My I-mate PDA2K Categories . it is very important for me to have this issue resolved as many other activities depend on resolving this issue. I'm not familiar with that PDA or exactly what the problem is - if outlook doesn't have the same categories, you can easily create them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: htt...

startup message for outlook 2000
How do you get rid of the message at the beginning of outlook 2000 which asks you to connect to server, offline access or cancel? How do you set it so that it just logs in every time? Tools | Services | highlight ms exchange | properties button. from memory at this point it is the first or second tab dialog. there is place where you can configure outlook's behaviour when first starting. (i want to say it is on the first tab labeled general.) "Don Siegelman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:c1cc01c43844$c8e06fe0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How...

Outlook scroll problem
Outlook XP used to be able to scroll the folders list window but now only the mail in the folder will scroll. Is there a setting or fix for this? ...

Recurring Events in Outlook Today
I have a number of recurring events that span anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks in my Outlook 2003 calendar for both myself and my employees. I have my Outlook Today set to show me the next seven days when Outlook fires up. However, I only see the first day of these recurring events in Outlook today, even though they show as the complete range of dates in the calendar view. Is there a way for Outlook Today to show all occurences of these recurring events, by day, in that view? Thanks for any help. By the way, I'm using Windows XP with SP2 installed. ...

Multiple domains displayed from within outlook
Does anyone know if there is a way to display 2 different domains from within the same outlook mailbox? -KJK You can only have one Exchange account but you can certainly open multiple inboxes and Exchange certainly supports more than one mail domain. You'll need to clarify your question if you want more specifics. Nue "KJK" <KJK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1013E372-AF26-4880-9507-AC2436F3FB15@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there is a way to display 2 different domains from > within > the same outlook mailbox? > > -KJK ...

SETUP
HOW DO I SET IT UP. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. Start here and look for mail settings. ht...

Outlook 2007, Advanced find
I have Outlook 2007 SP1 and find myself using the Advanced find dialogue more and more. Is there any way to save my customizations as defaults? I cannot see any way to do it and it is a right royal pain to have to customise the box each time I use it. TIA Cheers, Guy ** Stress - the condition brought about by having to ** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights ** out of someone who richly deserves it. Unfortunately this is not possible in 2007. The only thing you can do is save as a search folder, if mail items. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Ou...

Task notes in Outlook 2000
Is there a way of stepping down the richness of the notes field in an Outlook 2000 Task item. This field is rich text but I would rather it was simple plain text. many thanks, Kevin. ...

Anonymous Access setup
I have a request to turn on anonymous access (MOSS 2007). We only have one Site collection and it’s an Intranet that uses Authentication Type; Windows and Integrated Windows Authentication. It seems straight forward first Enable IIS Anonymous Authentication, second Enable anonymous access for the Web Application needed, turn on anonymous access for list or site. Question: If I turn on anonymous access without enabling it on any sites or lists will my users notice anything different? I assume they will not notice anything. Next question; if I enable anonymous authentication on...

Outlook will not exit..
I'm running Outlook 2000 with service pack 3 for office and sp4 for win2kpro. Everytime I try to exit outlook, it closes, but has the "outlook is exiting" thing on the desktop and i can't get rid of it unless I use the task manager and force it to end the task. I also noticed that if I leave it there, I am able to open up outlook again, but the old one will still be stuck there. Any suggestions? THanks. I just started having the same problem, too. I have a desktop and a laptop and outlook hangs on exit on both machines since yesterday. Hope someone knows what th...

Outlook XP don't save modified email subject
After installed Office XP SP2, if I open an email than I change the subject then click the button ESC, Outlook ask me if I want to save the email : I answer yes but the email is not saved and the email has the original subject (my changes where not saved)...anyone has this problem ? anyone know I to solve it ? I did not found anything in NG about it. ...

Payroll Posting Account Setup Window
We have customized the Payroll Posting Account Setup Window for a product of ours. We have received several complaints about the Payroll Posting account window changing the Account number if part of a record in the scrolling window has been modified. We turned off the customization so we were working with the core window and not the customized window and we were able to duplicate the error. The new account is being saved in the table, which is causing a tremendous problems. Here are the steps to recreate this issue. 1. modifiy any record -for instance the code field of any record an...

How do I stop Outlook Today from starting at start up?
Every time I start my PC Outlook Today starts up and i don't want it to, how do I stop it. By removing the Outlook shortcut from your Win Startup Folder "April3525" <April3525@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4F45277-0D94-47C6-BECA-FCB6500683DB@microsoft.com... > Every time I start my PC Outlook Today starts up and i don't want it to, > how > do I stop it. ...

outlook AND outlook express #5
hi there ... i have a question related to outlook AND outlook express... my outlook program seems to be receiving some of my e-mail in addition to outlook express program ... all i want is that my address book between outlook and outlook express match ... what i DO NOT WANT is that e-mail goes to my outlook program ... only to my outlook express program thanks, sam :) ...

Outlook icon??
We had office XP installed and upgraded Outlook to 2003. The desktop icon is the new 2003 icon, but in the start menu and Quick Launch bar show the old Outlook XP icon. Any way to change these?? -BJ Run Detect and Repair and elect the option to restore your shortcuts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, BJ asked: | We had office XP installed and upgraded Outlook to 2003. The ...

Profile Setup
When I enter the server name and mailbox name when setting up an Outlook 2003 profile, how does it lookup the name? It seems I can put any name in the server area as long as I have a valid mailbox name. I used a made up server name and it still resolved the mailbox. Thanks, Outlook 2003 uses the Global Catalog servers in an AD environment. (Exchange 200x refers Outlook 2000/2003 to the GCs.) Outside of that, I didn't think what you just did was possible since a new profile (o/s and outlook) shouldn't have a reference to a GC until checking in with Exchange. Guess Outlook ...