How do I set up my microsoft outlook to send emails?

I'm trying to use Microsoft Outlook for a specific email however it's asking
for the http servor and I have no idea what it's asking me for.  Please
help!!!
0
XMY (1)

You need to get these settings from your ISP

"XMY" <XMY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to use Microsoft Outlook for a specific email however it's
asking
> for the http servor and I have no idea what it's asking me for.  Please
> help!!!

0
DL
5/15/2005 4:44:33 PM
XMY <XMY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to use Microsoft Outlook for a specific email however it's
> asking for the http servor and I have no idea what it's asking me
> for.

The only HTTP server that Outlook can employ is Hotmail or an Exchange
server with RCP over HTTP enabled.  Chances are you want to create a POP
account, not an HTTP account.  Ask your ISP for the correct settings.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

cannot send attachments #2
I also suddenly cannot send attachments - probably about 3 weeks now - my ISP says it is an Outlook problem. Anyone know what is oging on? What version of Outlook, including the number? TOOLS | HELP | ABOUT MICROSOFT OUTLOOK Have you updated lately? Do you get any errors or messages? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "klk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:044701c3975f$ccc8b9e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... I also suddenly cannot send attachments - probably about 3 weeks now - my ISP says it is an Outlook problem. Anyone know what is oging on? ...

Email sent from iphone not formatted to read in entourage
For starters, I'm using a new macbook pro, and entourage 2008 - via an exchange server environment I just noticed that I can read sent email from entourage formatted just as it was when it was sent (the good news). However, when I send an email from my iphone, the sent folder in entourage displays the sent mail, but formats it in a manner that's not readable (more like code) - in the sent folder, it shows no recipient and no subject. Enclosures are also not showing up in the sent folder On 1/27/10 4:28 PM, Tim Bradbury wrote: > For starters, I'm using a new mac...

setting up new outlook mail account

mail merge in outlook
Is it possible to add attachments to an email sent using mail merge in Outlook? Not natively. You'd need third party software: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.asp#massmail -- Russ Valentine "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08C4BA38-F190-4D7D-93A6-2F3825523465@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to add attachments to an email sent using mail merge in > Outlook? No, that's not possible without a 3rd party add-in or some VBA scripting. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/65 -- Robert Sparnaaij ...

Outlook HTML signatures, with graphics
Hi I have created a HTML signature, which uses a company logo, as a graphic. I created the HTML file, and copied the actual Signature, directly into Outlook, using the 'Advanced Edit' feature, which allows Word to be used as the editor. All works fine. I can send mails to other users, and my signature is fine. It also appears fine when received at the other side. However, if a user sends me a mail, which I reply to, or forward, my signature is attached. The formatting takes place (ie. the HTML works), and the signature is displayed, however the graphics are not shown. They are inste...

OWA Set Rule problem

How do I import messages in Eudora 7 into Outlook 2007?
I have always used Eudora for my email but now I would like to use Outlook for my business email and keep Eudora for my personal email. I have the addresses set up and am receiving new emails in Outlook, but I would like to move the messages previously downloaded by Eudora into Outlook to keep everything together. How can I accomplish it? See what formats Eudora will export to, that Outlook can import. Maybe csv format Or Export msgs from Eudora to Outlook Express (Assuming not a Vista PC) then in Express Export to Outlook "jmstruwe" <jmstruwe@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Leave mail on exchange server
I have recently set up my system at home to login via VPN to the server at the office. It seems that my preferences are set to store mail in a personal mailbox - in other words all my mail including old messages have been grabbed from the server and now reside on the hard drive of my machine at home. Aaargh! I understand that I need to specify delivery of new mail to "Mailbox - my name" rather than personal folders but I can't see how to do this. In the change email accounts dialogue box there is a drop down menu under "deliver new mail to the following location&qu...

Microsoft Money 2000 File Savage Utility
My HP Pavilion hard drive crashed so I moved to a Dell with windows XP. MS Money 2000 disc was loaded and my backup floppy disk for Money files. All appeared normal. However, some investment files, not all, produce the error message "this operation cannot be performed" whenever a value greater than "0" is entered in the quantity block for a transaction. Procedures in Q104 were followed with success, unfortunately the problem appears to be corruption. In attempting to run the File Savage Utility using direction in Q104, MSKB 182608, and MSKB 274584 for Money 20...

installing trial version of microsoft office 2007?
Got a new computer, now I am trying to install the trial version of microsoft office 2007. Assistant freezes. So I went to site, but can't get trial number! It said select, but there was nothing to select, no list just blank. Also I can't locate Outlookin the folder! (Since it's a new computer, no old outlook) Which means I can't get my mail, sigh... any ideas?? Thanks! You dont require outlook to send/receive email, there are many alternatives Was this Trial preinstalled? "CJSM" <CJSM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF...

After Send/Receive is initiated, "new messages" appears but no new
After send/receive is initiated, "new messages preceded by a number appears in lower right but there are no new messages in any of the folders. Please advise. Also, mail rules have disappeared. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "PedalrsInn" <PedalrsInn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:2C662A30-FC48-4A2E-B74E-F70552E00217@microsoft.com... > After send/receive is initiated,...

Outlook 2003 hangs on exit
When closing Outlook 2003, the icon remains in the systray and the process continues to run. Forced to terminate OUTLOOK.EXE process in order to restart Outlook. Any ideas? Look for 3rd party applications that are holding it open for data use. (Activesync, WinFax, Antivirus) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "kmeszaros@landam.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081601c3b3ab$ef4e6e20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When closing Outlook 2003, the icon remains in the > systr...

Outlook Express like address book window
Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of addresses in one's default address book, much like that in Outlook Express? Thanks for any input Outlook is not Express so probably not. Why do you not use your contacts folder in Outlook? List it in phone list view. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Curtis Vaughan asked: | Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of | add...

How to set backcolour

Outlook 2003 Disconnected from Exchange Server 2003, will not reconnect.
Two days ago after setting up a mobile phone to act as a modem for my laptop, testing it, and disabling the dial-up connection associated with it, and reconnecting to my domain and usual network (non-GPRS) I find that I can no longer connect to my Exchange Server. The "Working Offline" icon shows up in the lower-right hand corner of the Outlook Client window, and when I uncheck "Work Offline", I get prompted for a username and password. Normally, I should just be able to cancel out of this window and Outlook works fine again. However, since two days ago, it does not. Th...

Cannot delete mail in Outlook Express
I could not an Outlook Express user group so I will post my problem here. All of a sudden I received multiple copies of the same emails. I could delete most of them but some will not delete. Would appreciate your help. Mo "M Weiss" <m2weiss@verizon.net> wrote in message news:EwcPi.15456$Cd7.10143@trnddc03... >I could not an Outlook Express user group This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003/2007 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an O...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

error in outlook express.
Error message says connection to server has failed but I get internet access through same server as far as I know. It says socket error 10061 error number 0x800CCC0E. It was working fine yesterday. Bummer - have you tried posting this to an Outlook Express group? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, geoff asked: | Error message says connection to server...

looking for a way to find a Missing file Microsoft Office 2000 D.
Cant find the data1.msi file Have a read at this google search result. http://snipurl.com/e6nr If no help, google for data1.msi There are other threads dealing with this. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 00:21:03 -0700, "tjsebree" <tjsebree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Cant find the data1.msi file ...

why does the Microsoft Outlook to ask me to start in Safe Mode?
I bought Office 2003 recently. It seem to mess up my email account. In news:1DFE1F2E-8603-4E66-BCF3-1B4664A3ED2F@microsoft.com, Annerose <Annerose@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I bought Office 2003 recently. It seem to mess up my email account. Sorry, not enough info to go on. I'm presuming you upgraded - from what? Please repost with a lot more detail, including the kind of email account you use. Use the subject line for a concise summary of your question, but put all the details (including the question) in the body of your post, in order to get the most help. RE: ...

Attach file but send dir image
I attach a file to my email. I send the email and also three other messages with attached images of my directory lists. How do I stop sending these images? Why are they being sent? Outlook 2000 I am running Norton AntiVirus to filter both the incoming and the outgoing mail. The problem occurs in the filtering of the outgoing mail. NAV support suggests that the problem is a corrupted Symantec Redirector and directed me to their document# 200205160084213 - How to update the Symantec Redirector files. >-----Original Message----- >I attach a file to my email. >I send the email and al...