How do I set up another pst file with password ie Have a general .

I am running Outlook 2000, I wish to have a general folder for all to access,
and then my own personal folder, passworded....Is it possible???
Please help!!!

Thanks
0
flyer58uk (1)

What I would do is the following:

Go to Tools > Services > Add > Personal Folders. Then select location for
the PST on your hard disk and set a password for it. This procedure should
be followed, if the other users are using the same Windows logon to access
this mailbox.

Alternatively you can choose to Delegate access to only one folder to the
users you need. To do this go to Tools > Options > Delegates to give access
to specific folders on your machine (most probably this works only for the
built-in folders). In such a case they can access your mailbox using File >
Open > Other user's folder.

Sandor Teglasy jun.

"flyer58uk" <flyer58uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am running Outlook 2000, I wish to have a general folder for all to
access,
> and then my own personal folder, passworded....Is it possible???
> Please help!!!
>
> Thanks

0
notpublic (14)
11/24/2004 9:30:06 AM
flyer58uk wrote:
> I am running Outlook 2000, I wish to have a general folder for all to
> access, and then my own personal folder, passworded....Is it
> possible???
> Please help!!!
>
> Thanks

Don't know what you mean by 'general folder' - but you can certainly
pw-protect your PST file. And if you're using an NT-based operating system
you can create separate logins, etc., and use NTFS to secure file
folders/data as well.

0
lanwench (7567)

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

How to set backcolour

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

Attach file but send dir image
I attach a file to my email. I send the email and also three other messages with attached images of my directory lists. How do I stop sending these images? Why are they being sent? Outlook 2000 I am running Norton AntiVirus to filter both the incoming and the outgoing mail. The problem occurs in the filtering of the outgoing mail. NAV support suggests that the problem is a corrupted Symantec Redirector and directed me to their document# 200205160084213 - How to update the Symantec Redirector files. >-----Original Message----- >I attach a file to my email. >I send the email and al...

Excel File
When we received a excel file through mail , while opening the file i received a error :corrupt file, run repair to to extract the contents. The same file when opened on another PC received an error : read only. Please asuggest a immediate solution Can you right-click the file, go to properties and uncheck read only? -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "ritu" wrote: > When we received a excel file through mail , while opening the file i > received a error :corrupt file, run repair to to extract the contents. > > The same file when opened on another PC received an error ...

Path\File name length problem Excel Crash on save as
I have a problem saving a file in code using: thisworkbook.SaveAs The problem is if the file and path length is greater than 150 then the Excel app crashes. I have tried this over a network as well as a local drive. Has anyone ever seen this problem? Thanks in advance, Stewart Rogers ...

Digital File Attacments to Transactions
Another question... I see that Quicken 2006 has resurrected a feature they included in one of their earlier versions; the ability to attach digital images to transactions (paycheck stubs, receipts,...whatever). This was a *terrific* feature and really loved it. It saved me a *lot* of trouble, particularly when I had to produce a receipt for an item that I had purchased a long time ago, yet was still under warranty. I could go on about how useful this feature was to me, but I digress... I was a loyal user of Quicken and TurboTax almost since the beginning, that is until the TurboTax ...

How do I set OOR

Creation of .PST Files
Hi, I have a 3 GB mailbox that I need to copy in one or more .PST Files First of all, I need to know if there is an Exmerge version that create a more-than-2GB file (Like Outlook 2003) and If not, If there are an application that create and split automatically into 2GB file thanks in advance last i heard, exmerge is still limited to 2gb. usually i set a date range in order to get items pulled out of mailbox and into 2 or more pst files. "Javier Villegas" <jvillegas@elsitio.net> wrote in message news:O05byWLTEHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a 3 ...

running macro from 1 wks that manipulates another
I have been at this problem for too long...keep not getting the results I need. I have a wks (ie: wks1) that has a commandbutton on it that copies a 2nd wks (ie: wks2) to a 3rd (ie: wks3) so that I can delete some rows not needed for a report and re-sort based on data in 1 column. The copy procedure works fine but when it looks thru the data in column D for the string "series", it does not delete the rows. The secondary procedure to sort works fine. What am I doing wrong? Please Help...thx here is the code for both steps: Sub btnSortBySRC_Click() Dim strMainWks As Str...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Exchange/Outlook 2003
Hello, As a growing company, we're now dealing with the 16GB limit on the Exchange Info Store for SBS2003. In an effort to make sure we never reach that, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive sett...

config file 07-22-07
I'm creating an application in Access 2003 using VBA, JET, ADO. I'm fairly new to this world. I come from a php background. There is some data that will rarely if ever change. For example, a list of province names and two letter codes. I need to use this list in several different places in the application. Sometimes, I may need to get the name from the code. Sometimes I may need to populate a combo box. I have several static lists like this. What is the best way to store this data? Global variables, tables, files? I will also need to store the location of the backend file. I'm t...

Set Focus

What are .pln files?
An attachment emailed to me is a .pln file that the sender claims to open with Word. My computer does not recognise this file. I tried the Microsoft web search for a solution which recommended RegCure. But RegCure didn't do anything. What is a pln file and how can I open one? -- Harry Its could be a Canon photo file. You can try inserting the file in your word document rather than just openiong it. I don't know what version of Word you are using so I can't give you the instructions here. Alternatively, try opening the file in your browser like IE8 or Mozilla/F...

Where is the Outlook .pst file located?
Using Windows XP, Outlook 2002 Two Questions: Can someone tell me where the main .pst file for Outlook is located in Windows, so I can back it up onto a remote server? If there are several folders containing emails, dodes each folder have to be backed up separately, or can all emails be backed up by backing up one .pst file? Thanks, "The Hun" <ed@LAocean.com> wrote in message news:5222a132-f978-4065-a5f0-7c7c5c9e33eb@e1g2000pra.googlegroups.com... > Using Windows XP, Outlook 2002 > > Two Questions: > > Can someone tell me where the main .pst file for Outloo...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...