How do I set up an email alert on a second existing account?

I am using outlook for work email in my name and receive the pop up alerts
but i also receive email from a mail box account that i would like to set an
alert on.  The more i read in the help section the more confused i am!  Can
anyone help?

Alerts only work with the default account.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, WILDCHILD asked:

| I am using outlook for work email in my name and receive the pop up
| alerts but i also receive email from a mail box account that i would
| like to set an alert on.  The more i read in the help section the
| more confused i am!  Can anyone help?

0
Milly

Virus alerts about NG posts
An interesting situation cropped up in one of the Answers forums: while downloading posts, Avast! started issuing repeated warnings about a worm. I stopped the download (I have Stop on my toolbar) and then went to see what was happening. The worm signature was found in a single post, and Avast had picked it up as WLMail tried to write the file to disk. Although there were many files quarantined in this way, their file names showed that it was a single post. (WLMail initially gives a nws file a name consisting of eight random hex digits, a hyphen and then the message number in hex with leading ...

setting up new outlook mail account

Email sent from iphone not formatted to read in entourage
For starters, I'm using a new macbook pro, and entourage 2008 - via an exchange server environment I just noticed that I can read sent email from entourage formatted just as it was when it was sent (the good news). However, when I send an email from my iphone, the sent folder in entourage displays the sent mail, but formats it in a manner that's not readable (more like code) - in the sent folder, it shows no recipient and no subject. Enclosures are also not showing up in the sent folder On 1/27/10 4:28 PM, Tim Bradbury wrote: > For starters, I'm using a new mac...

OWA Set Rule problem

email fonts #2
Dear all Why do some of the emails I receive come over in Courier? And when I reply I can't change the font. I am on Outlook 2007. EGB Are you receiving then sending email in plain text mode ? kev "egb" <egb@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message news:OqK1qILtHHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Dear all > > Why do some of the emails I receive come over in Courier? And when I > reply I can't change the font. I am on Outlook 2007. > > EGB > > > > > ...

How to set backcolour

Editing/Renaming a senders Email Address in the received message
Hello - I'm in a bit of a situation. I use a web processing cgi script that doesn't allow the senders address to be that of the email field on my web site's form - so any messages I receive processed through the web form have an email/reply-to address of FORMBUDDY (no- reply@formbuddy.com). Now, with hundreds of forms in my inbox, I'd like to change the sender/reply to address manually, so that everytime I want to send an email to the individual/company who filled out the form, I don't have to cut and paste there email address in to the TO: field. Anotherwords,...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

interactive buttons, multiple sets

In House Accounts (Charge Accounts) for POS
I recently purchased the MS Dynamics POS 2.0 system for a small coffee shop and I need to have the ability of in house accounts (charge accounts) that allows certain customers to purchase items under their account and pay on it weekly, bi-weekly or whenever it hits a certain limit. I spoke to Microsoft support and they informed me that it just can not be done in the POS version that I have. So I am asking for some help from the newsgroup to see if anyone might have a solution for me. It seems that this function should be something that is built into the system since it happens all the...

How do I set OOR

Permission to add email address to user
We have a setup with a root domain called sun.local (SUN) and a child domain called ki.sun.local (KI). The forest and both domains are in Windows 2003 functional level. The SUN domain has an Exchange 2003 server running in native mode. In the SUN domain the user sunadmin is Enterprise Admin, Domain Admin and Exchange Full Administrator. In the KI domain the user kiadmin is Domain Admin. kiadmin had been made Exchange View Only Admin on the Exchange organization. We would like kiadmin to be able to create and administer new users in the KI domain and everything seems to work fine except ...

Set Focus

Bulk Email and Mail Merge
Hi I have some questions for a mailmerge. First how can i do a bulk email, i mean send an email to 100 or 500 users? Can I use a view for that? What for groups should i use, a quick campaign group? If I do a quick Campaign and i would like to send a mailmerge with word letter, how can I do that? Can I only do that with the outlook client or is it also possible with the Webclient? Thank's Michel There are a number of ISV solutions which will let you mail merge from a web client ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm ...

Re:Name on Outgoing Email
Thanks,Vanguard.the second option worked,changing the User Name in Outlook's email accounts dialog box sends that name and not the "hotmail" name out. ...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

automatically open last email when starting outlook
want to turn it off, cant find the checkbox to do it, know its there. "bpaterson" <bpaterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9662D299-D45C-40B6-A50A-74D61C661874@microsoft.com... > want to turn it off, cant find the checkbox to do it, know its there. Are you saying that when you start Outlook, two windows open, one for the Outlook main window and another for the most recent message in the Inbox? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] bpaterson wrote: > want to turn it off, cant find the checkbox to do it, know its there. Whether you use ...

Setting the Settings
Really quickly: How (exactly) does one get Publisher to remember the page settings I want. ie. every time I open a new document, I get centimeters, and usually, I'd prefer inches. I have not been able to find a "Save Settings" option anywhere. Can anyone help? thomas In Publisher 2000 it's Tools Options General tab Measurements unit box - select inches. OK That should do it. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "ThomasL" <tlammert@netcom.ca> wrote in message ne...