How do I set up an account with Outlook?

I have  tried to send mail using Outlook but I do not have a send button.  I
understand I need to set up an account but I can't find how to do this.

Thanks for your help
0
Suzuran (1)

"Dock Suzuran" <Dock Suzuran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have  tried to send mail using Outlook but I do not have a send
>button.  I
> understand I need to set up an account but I can't find how to do
> this.

Tools -> E-mail Accounts -> Add

Use Outlook's own help.  Open its help, Contents tab, and read through
the section titled "Configure E-mail Accounts".

Your own e-mail provider probably has web pages that hand hold you
through a step-by-step process to add their mail servers to an account
you define in your e-mail client, or you could call them.

Post your replies to the newsgroup.  Share with others.
E-mail:  vanguard_help AT yahoo.com  (append "#NEWS#" to Subject)

Vanguard

setting up new outlook mail account

mail merge in outlook
Is it possible to add attachments to an email sent using mail merge in Outlook? Not natively. You'd need third party software: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.asp#massmail -- Russ Valentine "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08C4BA38-F190-4D7D-93A6-2F3825523465@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to add attachments to an email sent using mail merge in > Outlook? No, that's not possible without a 3rd party add-in or some VBA scripting. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/65 -- Robert Sparnaaij ...

Outlook HTML signatures, with graphics
Hi I have created a HTML signature, which uses a company logo, as a graphic. I created the HTML file, and copied the actual Signature, directly into Outlook, using the 'Advanced Edit' feature, which allows Word to be used as the editor. All works fine. I can send mails to other users, and my signature is fine. It also appears fine when received at the other side. However, if a user sends me a mail, which I reply to, or forward, my signature is attached. The formatting takes place (ie. the HTML works), and the signature is displayed, however the graphics are not shown. They are inste...

How do I import messages in Eudora 7 into Outlook 2007?
I have always used Eudora for my email but now I would like to use Outlook for my business email and keep Eudora for my personal email. I have the addresses set up and am receiving new emails in Outlook, but I would like to move the messages previously downloaded by Eudora into Outlook to keep everything together. How can I accomplish it? See what formats Eudora will export to, that Outlook can import. Maybe csv format Or Export msgs from Eudora to Outlook Express (Assuming not a Vista PC) then in Express Export to Outlook "jmstruwe" <jmstruwe@discussions.microsoft.com&...

OWA Set Rule problem

Leave mail on exchange server
I have recently set up my system at home to login via VPN to the server at the office. It seems that my preferences are set to store mail in a personal mailbox - in other words all my mail including old messages have been grabbed from the server and now reside on the hard drive of my machine at home. Aaargh! I understand that I need to specify delivery of new mail to "Mailbox - my name" rather than personal folders but I can't see how to do this. In the change email accounts dialogue box there is a drop down menu under "deliver new mail to the following location&qu...

Account name on marketinglist
Hi A customer wants to know if its possible in CRM 4.0 to get the parent account name in the contacts marketinglist view ? We can't add it as a field on the views ? ...

Outlook 2003 hangs on exit
When closing Outlook 2003, the icon remains in the systray and the process continues to run. Forced to terminate OUTLOOK.EXE process in order to restart Outlook. Any ideas? Look for 3rd party applications that are holding it open for data use. (Activesync, WinFax, Antivirus) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "kmeszaros@landam.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081601c3b3ab$ef4e6e20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When closing Outlook 2003, the icon remains in the > systr...

Outlook Express like address book window
Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of addresses in one's default address book, much like that in Outlook Express? Thanks for any input Outlook is not Express so probably not. Why do you not use your contacts folder in Outlook? List it in phone list view. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Curtis Vaughan asked: | Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of | add...

How to set backcolour

Outlook 2003 Disconnected from Exchange Server 2003, will not reconnect.
Two days ago after setting up a mobile phone to act as a modem for my laptop, testing it, and disabling the dial-up connection associated with it, and reconnecting to my domain and usual network (non-GPRS) I find that I can no longer connect to my Exchange Server. The "Working Offline" icon shows up in the lower-right hand corner of the Outlook Client window, and when I uncheck "Work Offline", I get prompted for a username and password. Normally, I should just be able to cancel out of this window and Outlook works fine again. However, since two days ago, it does not. Th...

Cannot delete mail in Outlook Express
I could not an Outlook Express user group so I will post my problem here. All of a sudden I received multiple copies of the same emails. I could delete most of them but some will not delete. Would appreciate your help. Mo "M Weiss" <m2weiss@verizon.net> wrote in message news:EwcPi.15456$Cd7.10143@trnddc03... >I could not an Outlook Express user group This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003/2007 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an O...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

why does the Microsoft Outlook to ask me to start in Safe Mode?
I bought Office 2003 recently. It seem to mess up my email account. In news:1DFE1F2E-8603-4E66-BCF3-1B4664A3ED2F@microsoft.com, Annerose <Annerose@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I bought Office 2003 recently. It seem to mess up my email account. Sorry, not enough info to go on. I'm presuming you upgraded - from what? Please repost with a lot more detail, including the kind of email account you use. Use the subject line for a concise summary of your question, but put all the details (including the question) in the body of your post, in order to get the most help. RE: ...

error in outlook express.
Error message says connection to server has failed but I get internet access through same server as far as I know. It says socket error 10061 error number 0x800CCC0E. It was working fine yesterday. Bummer - have you tried posting this to an Outlook Express group? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, geoff asked: | Error message says connection to server...

Outlook 2003 SP1 (11.6359.6408)
Hiya Can any one tell how within outlook 2003, that when i have an open email in my INBOX i delete it it open the NEXT email in my INBOX, just like in outlook 2002. Thx LA -- This Email has been VIRUS Checked with Norton AntiVirus 2005 Before being sent. Check the setting here: Tools menu > Options > Email > After moving or deleting an open item "Leigh-Anne Mills" <Leigh_annemills@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:d8h23c$ftu$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com... > Hiya > > Can any one tell how within outlook 2003, that when i have an open e...

Account extraction
I'd like to export the Exch55 mailbox info to a *.csv file utilizing the "Directory Export" command found under the Exchange Administrator\Tools menu. I'm pretty clear on what to do to get the desired list, however, I'm wondering 1.) if this will imposed any kind of serious load on the server and 2.) How long would it take to export a measly 150-200 accounts? 3.) any caveats I should know of? Any takers? Thanks for the awesome job everyone does here! a directory export for that small a number of mailboxes should present no problem to your server, and should comp...

Reading Pane Settings

Account Number Segment Desc
Does anyone know which table/s hold the Account Number segment Desc? Bab, Table GL40200 is the Segment Description Master. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Bab" <Bab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45DED1F0-DF10-44F1-9398-7834F7CF69A3@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know which table/s hold the Account Number segment Desc? I have Demo GP 9.0 and all the description on this table are blank. why is that? Is that because its a demo table? "Victoria [MVP]" wrote: > Bab, > > Table GL40200 is the Segment D...

Outlook Problem #7
It was suggested that to solve my problem, I need to uninstall and reinstall my TCP/IP stack as it may be corrupt. What exactly do I have to do to uninstall and reinstall. Thanks to all and hopefully someone can tell me. Regards, Pete Coppola New Jersey ...