How do I set up a rule to sort mail by smtp email address?

I have a user with 2 smtp email addresses set up in
Exchange.  He would like to set up a rule in Outlook to
move the mail from the seondary smtp address to a separate
folder.  Is this possible?  I really don't want to create
another user just to have a separate inbox.
thanks,

0
anonymous (74722)

Take a look at WhichAddress application at http://www.ivasoft.biz

"Kathy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<0d8401c3c675$d82f7d10$a501280a@phx.gbl>...
> I have a user with 2 smtp email addresses set up in
> Exchange.  He would like to set up a rule in Outlook to
> move the mail from the seondary smtp address to a separate
> folder.  Is this possible?  I really don't want to create
> another user just to have a separate inbox.
> thanks,
0
victori1 (47)
12/23/2003 6:48:30 AM
right-click on Inbox, new folder.
Tools, Rules Wizard, Check for messages as they arrive, with the
secondary email address in the "To:" field, move to "New Folder" and,
probably, stop processing more rules..

obtaining deleated mail
Had e-mail that were deleted when closing outlook. Is there a way to date back and get old e-mails back off the hard drive? Dawn <dawn@summitactivities.com> wrote: > Had e-mail that were deleted when closing outlook. Is > there a way to date back and get old e-mails back off the > hard drive? http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Outgoing emails
I am having an issue when trying to send emails out.... It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help. Message appears as follows..... -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 23, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Try port 25. If you still get an error post back. There are cases where that doesn't work either and you need to change it, and another option as well . . . . let's just try one thing at ...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Windows Live Email Time Stamp
The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than the actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens when using the online windows live email access. Can anyone assist? Thanks. v "dioncnr" <dioncnr@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:68BCFE8E-74E3-4967-B733-209DCE7C3BED@microsoft.com... > The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than > the > actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens > when > using the online windows live ...

How to set tab order for a dynamically created CEdit?
Anyone knows? Use SetWindowPos(...) and change the position in the z-order. -- Vipin Aravind <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > Use SetWindowPos. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > ...

Why do I get four postcards to the same person when I mail merge?
I merged my Excel document with my Publisher document just now and did a print preview, but the 4-up view shows that all 4 are heading to the same person. How do I tell Publisher that each "up" is a different address? If you are using 2003, this is a bug. If you are unsure there is a test print on the print dialogue screen. Use plain paper for the test. If you are using 2007, be certain you select multiple pages per sheet. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Batmantis275" <Batmantis275@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:324C9E10-38C9-4DA0-89C...

Outlook 2003

DB Emailing Questions
1) How do i format the message text of an email in Access. I used macro builder - action = sendobject. Can you use code builder? if so, please give me an idea of how the code will be like. 2) Also can i assign the email to have a recipient automatically or do i have to write it down each time? Thank you in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 On Jan 21, 11:51=A0am, "axm0035 via AccessMonster.com" <u56602@uwe> wrote: > 1) How do i format the message text of an email in Acce...

New Check report security settings
I'm using Report Writer in GP v10. I want to duplicate the report "Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical". I have tried to use the duplicate button for the report but the report will not show up in the User Security settings. How can I make the duplicated report available to select users? -- fiberfan I would suspect you do not want to duplicate this report (since you cannot really run it correctly) and instead you modify the actual report by choosing the report and pressing "insert". You give security to the modified version once you've modifie...

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

Excel ignores boot-time regional settings when interpreting a date
I have a third party DDE app that exports dates as strings, correctly using the short date format in the regional and language settings, which, in my case is MM/DD/YYYY (reset at every boot). Unfortunately excel insists in interpreting that date as DD/MM/YYYY [Application.International(xlDateOrder)=1, it should be 0], disregarding my regional settings. The result is that all the dates are wrong or #VALUES! If this is not wierd enough, listen to this: it only happens after I reboot (when the date format is reset to MM/DD/YYYY). If subsequently I change the short date format in the regional se...

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

Changing Posting Settings
I just wanted to double check that if I am currently Posting TO General Ledger in the Purchasing Series, if I change that to Post THROUGH General Ledger will this have any ill effects. I would make sure everyone is off the system, however if there are batches in the GL that were generated by the AP subledger is this ok and would it then post through the general ledger for any new transactions posted once I change this option? You are fine. Manual post any GL batches. You can do this before or after you change the option. "VDebattista" wrote: > I just wanted to double che...

Create pre-set margins & page no's.
How does one "pre-set" margins & desired page-numbering option so that most Word files that a person creates or copies from the Internet automatically are set to these specifications when a new document page is opened? (I am tired of doing this "by hand"over and over again each day!) Also, can I create one or more of this type of "template?" (I've never done this sort of thing before.) Create a template with the desired options specified. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Wo...

outlook should let me move emails from sent to a specific folder
It only allows copies to be moved to specific folders and not the actual mail itself - this creates unnecssary copies and makes everything confusing. Can't there also be a SIMPLE rules wizard like in outlook 2002? I find this new wizard too cumbersome and complex. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

how do I get a chat room set up?
It looks like I downloaded a php from fantastico so I could add a chat-room. I don't know how to have it show up on my site? emsrotor <emsrotor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >It looks like I downloaded a php from fantastico so I could add a chat-room. >I don't know how to have it show up on my site? ask this in microsoft.public.expression.webdesigner ...

Sorting some information help
HI, I have a sheet with 25 columns and up to 10000 rows. The number of rows will always be the same for each worksheet. and contain text information only. What I would like is a macro to show in 2 rows below the last row for each column, how many times the text that appears in row 1 occurs in row 2 thru (the last row) above it. Thanks in advance Chuck C Enter the following formula in cell A10002, and copy across to column Y: =COUNTIF(A2:A10000,A1) Chuck wrote: > I have a sheet with 25 columns and up to 10000 rows. The number of rows > will always be the same for each work...

SMTP 550 Message
Hi folks, Went I send an email via my Comcast to the following address (dvanderwoude@nwpic.bellingham.wa.us) I get the following error. Reporting-MTA: dns; comcast.net Arrival-Date: 29 Jun 2006 16:19:43 +0000 Final-Recipient: rfc822; <dvanderwoude@nwpic.bellingham.wa.us> Action: failed Status: 5.0.0 550_#5.1.0_Address_rejected. Diagnostic-Code: smtp; Permanent Failure: Other undefined Status Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:19:43 -0000 I understant tha a 550 is a deny, I just don't know were should I look or what to do in able to fix this issue. I should said also, that t...

Workflow using Email Template is paused
I have created a work flow rule that sends an email using a template. However, it shows up as paused in the Workflow Monitor. When I create the same rule without the template and use Send Email then it works fine! Is ther an issue when using templates? -- Dave Hi Dave, Jut had a similar thing happen a few minutes ago in my testing of a Sales Process. It paused and hung because the contact did not have an e-mail address. We also discovered, which someone may be able to help answer, that the workflow monitor showed it paused but something appears to be wrong with the workflow moni...

SMTP address format, auto changes back
Hello, I have just joined a company and they have setup the users SMTP email addresses on Exchange 2003 as firstname@domain.com. They are already running into trouble with duplicate people! I kept the old format for people that had it and I have now set everyone up with firstname.lastname@domain.com addresses! Thing is I created them for everyone and then set it to primary! It does that fine but a couple of days later they have all switched back to firstname@domain.com as there primary smtp address!! any reason why the system would automatically do this? I've looked at Recipien...

email #11
I have a user that wants to get email from inside our main office using Exchange and Outlook 2000. We do not want her to have to RAS in or VPN in. We have SBS 4.5 i.e. Exchange 5.5. Can we setup Exchange to forward her internal mail to an outside mailbox on an ISP. How do we do that most efficently. We are setup with a DSL line and firewall/router that sends all SMTP mail via an MX record at our ISP to our Exchange server. The outside user has a ??????@ntelos.net address and can send and receive mail mail from her ISP mailbox without any problems using her current Outlook settin...

Automatically forwarding emails
Hi I need to forward emails to a specific user to her external email. The user only wants those emails forwarded who are addressed to her and not the ones that she is cc'd or bcc'd. Hence my choice of client side rule. I have done the following; 1. Created a contact with her external email address under 'Active Directory Users and Computers', 2. Ticked 'Allow Automatic Forward' under Exchange->Global Settings->Internet Message Format->Default->Properties->Advanced tab. 3. Logged in to the relevant user's pc under her name and in outlook created ...