How do I send text or pictures in Outlook Express 6?

I am unable to be at any site, document, picture and send [via Outlook
Express 6] anything to anyone as errors such as 'person unknown', 'error
message of every nature immaginable', or 'you must be online with Outlook
Express' [when in fact I am online and the default email program [Outlook
Express 6] is activated and working with simple emails [and the typical trash
spam you receive]; however, when I wish to send NASA documents or anything
substantive within the state or federal goverment sites for higher education
[i.e. Ohio University], this never works [Outlook Express].  At one time, I
was able to have the whole picture together with a note from myself to a
colleague or Ph.D. be sent in 'total' within the body of the email itself
[which was excellent in many circumstances.]  Please help as I may have
triggered something wrong within the program itself.  ksrcalli@columbus.rr.com
--
rhino50
0

rhino50 wrote:

> I am unable to be at any site, document, picture and send [via Outlook
> Express 6]

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook
97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products.  Outlook
Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name.

For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or
an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com.  If you're
accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support
Services "Community Newsgroups" web interface, click
to get to the Internet Explorer groups, then click the plus sign next to
your version of IE to see the link to the Outlook Express group for that
version number.  Good luck!

0
gbplinux (1141)
10/20/2006 2:35:14 PM
Thank you so much but the link afforded me for Outlook Express 6 as opposed
to the different program [Outlook] directed me to a page that was
'unavailable'.  Otherwise, the premise and basic answer I appreciate was the
clarification that I was asking for an answer, which was incorrect on my
part, in that I did not use the correct language to ask the question that
would be understandable to anyone.  However, I am an OE 6 New User, but for
me, that is not an excuse or explanation.  I must do better and apologize for
the lack of clarity on my part.  Could you please redirect me to another page
that is working for OE 6 questions for novice users, please?  thanks, Kevin
M. Callihan, Sr., JD
--
rhino50

"Gordon" wrote:

> rhino50 wrote:
>
> > I am unable to be at any site, document, picture and send [via Outlook
> > Express 6]
>
> This newsgroup is for support of Outlook
> 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products.  Outlook
> Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name.
>
> For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as
> microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or
> an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com.  If you're
> accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support
> Services "Community Newsgroups" web interface, click
> http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer
> to get to the Internet Explorer groups, then click the plus sign next to
> your version of IE to see the link to the Outlook Express group for that
> version number.  Good luck!

0
rhino50 (2)
10/20/2006 3:41:02 PM
rhino50 wrote:

> Thank you so much but the link afforded me for Outlook Express 6 as
> opposed to the different program [Outlook] directed me to a page that was
> 'unavailable'.  Otherwise, the premise and basic answer I appreciate was
> the clarification that I was asking for an answer, which was incorrect on
> my part, in that I did not use the correct language to ask the question
> that
> would be understandable to anyone.  However, I am an OE 6 New User, but
> for
> me, that is not an excuse or explanation.  I must do better and apologize
> for
> the lack of clarity on my part.  Could you please redirect me to another
> page
> that is working for OE 6 questions for novice users, please?  thanks,
> Kevin M. Callihan, Sr., JD

Sorry, I've not used the community link for a while - they've changed the
location.
Go here:
Expand the English option, and look under Internet Explorer for OE groups.
Alternatively, and a much much better option is to configure Outlook Express
to read news (go here to see how to do this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=171164&product=oex
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/setup.asp) and set
up your news server as msnews.microsoft.com
You will then find it much easier to get into the correct groups for your
questions.

HTH

0
gbplinux (1141)

Can I get a picture to flow with the text?
I want a picture box to flow with my text instead of the text flowing around my picture. Please help! Position the image in the text box, right-click the image, click format picture, layout tab, select inline on the drop down. The image has to be fully or partially in the text box for the inline to be active. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lnewhall" <lnewhall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9389F6E0-BB5D-4ADA-8334-39B108192240@microsoft.com... >I want a picture box to flow with my text instead of the text flowing around > my picture. Ple...

No message in outbox

text extract
How do i extract a variable length string of text from a longer string? My cell reads "Login LDAP user mapatron at 192.168.1.146 as role student", and would like to extract "mapatron" from this string. this username is variable in length, so using three columns and "=right(X,X)" and "=left(X,X)" doesn't work. any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help. John Supple Hi John any logic WHERE this username is lcated. e.g. always after the string 'LDAP'? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "John S" <John S@discu...

Converting an MFC 6.0 App to .net problem
I have recompiled an existing MFC 6.0 application in VS .net 2003. Now about every 13th time I run it in debug mode I get a "Unhandled exception at 0x7c901230" error. When I run it using the WinDbg program I get: DBGHELP: ntdll.pdb - file not found *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for ntdll.dll - DBGHELP: ntdll - export symbols ntdll!DbgBreakPoint: 7c901230 cc int 3 When I run a release version of the application everything runs fine. Any Ideas? Larry The information you posted regarding symbol files is irrelevant to ...

How do I make numbers become text?
I am trying to create a spreadsheet where numbers entered in one location become text in another. I tried the Help option, but I am still lost. Please help, and thank you. From earlier postings: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN- US;140704& and: (courtesy of a cut and paste from a Tom Ogilvy post): If you want an addin that provides a worksheet function that does this, download Laurent Longre's free morefunc.xll addin found here: http://longre.free.fr/english/ It is downloaded in a zip file which also conta...

outlook express password #3
I want to password protect my outlook express so that you need the password to access new mail. why is it that even though the "enter password box" appears, you can still see the "in box" messages in the screen behind? if you "click" cancel on the enter password, you can still access any inbox mail that appears on the screen. is there a setting so that when you click outlook icon and enter a password to access, no other box appears on the screen? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outl...

Master Category List keeps reverting to default list
I have had the Master Category List revert to the default list several times now. This has happend at least 6 times since I upgraded to Office 2003 a year ago. This is annoying, as I have my own, different, list of categories that I use. I have used the good info that Sue Mosher provides at: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olcat.htm to make a backup of my catagories. Using the registry restore routine certainly makes the fix a bit easier than retyping all of the categories. Still, having to dink with the registry to keep outlook from destrying my data is more than a bit unnerving. Does...

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Sending mail from remote location

Outlook 2007
Hi, I am having the following problem with Outlook 2007. Whenever I run outlook the CPU utilization goes up over 99%. I've been using OL 2007 for over 4 months and it was working fine. Tried repairing/recreating the OST and PST files. Tried disabling all Add-ins (LinkedIn, Outlook Connector, etc.) tried running Outlook in Safe Mode. Nothing seems to work. Anyone has any ideas as to what might be wrong?? I havent recently installed or uninstalled anything on my machine. I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2, Norton Antivirus, RealSecure Desktop protector. Do you have iTunes/iPod...

Installing CRM SFO (Sales for Outlook)
Hi all, I know this has been answered before but I can´t find it on the newsgroups or in the knowledge base. What is the fix for installing SFO without the local user having Admin rights. I found the KB arcticle (https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYVTQUUXNNZOUKYPPPQSNNPQVXOKWVPZWKNZPWQPQPROKZKMLMMYLZSMKRLWVZOQWZZYTLUUVMQLVTLOKP) on how to do it buy granting admin rights to each of the users individually, but I remember reading somewhere how to fix this problem. Is there a hotfix or somthing? Ideas? David Try this link http://www.microsoft.com...

Send and Recieve Fix

Netfolders-like capabilities and Outlook 2003
I know Netfolders has been discontinued in Outlook 2003, but is it discontinued or just hidden? That is, not part of the default installation. And can it be installed if you just look for it? B/c for all of its hassles, my wife and I use NetFolders as part of our business, and it works 99% of the time. Perhaps every 3 years or so we have to set the folders up for sharing again. We've been using NetFolders since 2000, and it's crapped out only once. But if anyone has found a good solution that's not too expensive (under $100) I would be glad to hear about it. -- ----------------...

anchor picture to text box
(Publisher 2003) I have a newsletter with a Kudos box. In the corners of the box I have a happy face. I'd like the happy faces to be anchored to their corners so when I enlarge or shorten the box, the faces move along with the text box. Why not create a rectangle, insert the happy faces, group. The problem as I see it would be if you resize, the happy faces could be distorted if you widen or shrink the group. You would always have to re-size proportionally. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:193...

Unable to send?

Logical Test: Text Against Number 12-31-09
Can someone provide some insight into why Excel will always return TRUE when, for example, we have ="a">27 (or any other number) and FALSE when ="a"<27? Text has a higher value than a number. Try this... Enter this data: A1 = a A2 = 1 A3 = b A4 = 2 A5 = c Sort A1:A5 in ascending order and you'll see how Excel orders the text as being a higher value than the numbers. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "rslaughter5" <rslaughter5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80AF82FA-D9F8-48A9-9105-059EB3B7E6F0@microsoft...

Sending messages in Outlook

Outlook not opening IE8
I am running Windows 7 64 bit, Outlook 2007 and IE8. Recently Outlook has given me an error message when I click on a hyperlink to IE, stating "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I am the administrator; what do I do? -- Larry "Larry H" <LarryH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE68908B-9B34-442E-B1C1-8022078730C9@microsoft.com... > I am running Windows 7 64 bit, Outlook 2007 and IE8. Recently Outlook has > given me an error message when I c...

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Text in Cell as Formula #3
Peo + Julie Many thanks for your answer with the last query. I have another similar question; I would like to use values form a different spreadsheet, and this method [INDIRECT()] fails. i.e. I type the link (as text) from a different spreadsheet in a cell in the current spreadsheet and use this method to call a value in a cell. Appreciate your help. ...

Can't find my pab file in outlook 2002
I can't find my pab file so I can copy my contacts to another computer. I don't know that Outlook uses a PAB file unless you specified it when you set that version of Outlook up. If you did, do a file search for *.pab. If not, then it should be located in a .pst. Are you using Outlook via POP3 for mail, IMAP, Exchange (usually a business environment? -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "Kathy" wrote: > I can't find my pab file so I can copy my cont...

Send Do Not Send