How do I run mail rules after mail downloaded?

I have to always manually run the rules to put mail where it needs to go.
Is there a way to get Outlook 2007 to automatically run all the rules AFTER
I download messages?  I've brought up every dialog box and Options box I can
think of and nowhere is there ANY kind of way to configure when rules are
run.

Thanks for any info

Tools > Rules
Check the box beside the rules you want run automatically.

--
Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}

"Ronald Stepp" <moriturimax@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have to always manually run the rules to put mail where it needs to go.
>Is there a way to get Outlook 2007 to automatically run all the rules AFTER
>I download messages?  I've brought up every dialog box and Options box I
>can think of and nowhere is there ANY kind of way to configure when rules
>are run.
>
> Thanks for any info

0
sme1 (22)
6/20/2007 12:16:53 PM
"Ronald Stepp" <moriturimax@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have to always manually run the rules to put mail where it needs to go.
>Is there a way to get Outlook 2007 to automatically run all the rules AFTER
>I download messages?  I've brought up every dialog box and Options box I
>can think of and nowhere is there ANY kind of way to configure when rules
>are run.
>
> Thanks for any info

That's the only time rules CAN run, after the mail has been received. What
sort of mail account have you got? (Rules will not automatically run on http
mail - ie like Hotmail AFAIK...)

0
gbplinux (1141)
6/20/2007 12:17:48 PM
Darn, had my hopes up, but... they are checked.  Here is what usually
happens..

[]Run Outlook

[]Send and Receive Mail

[]Mail downloads from mail server, NOT HTML or hotmail.. a regular POP3
server

[]When I now go into Junk Mail, lots of mail from an Excel spreadsheet list,
which I have a rule checked to move to the Excel folder.  But it doesn't run
it AFTER my mail gets here so I have to click to bring up the rules, then
run rules now, check all the different rules, change the folder to personal
so it checks all subfolders, then click to run them, it goes and all the
mail gets put where it belongs.

That's what I have to do every time I run Outlook 2007

"Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}" <sme@nevernever.lan> wrote in message

> Tools > Rules

> Check the box beside the rules you want run automatically.

"Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}" <sme@nevernever.lan> wrote in message
> Tools > Rules
> Check the box beside the rules you want run automatically.

its a regular pop3 mail server, Time Warner Roadrunner account.

"Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Ronald Stepp" <moriturimax@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I have to always manually run the rules to put mail where it needs to go.
>>Is there a way to get Outlook 2007 to automatically run all the rules
>>AFTER I download messages?  I've brought up every dialog box and Options
>>box I can think of and nowhere is there ANY kind of way to configure when
>>rules are run.
>>
>> Thanks for any info
>>

> That's the only time rules CAN run, after the mail has been received. What
> sort of mail account have you got? (Rules will not automatically run on
> http mail - ie like Hotmail AFAIK...)

> []When I now go into Junk Mail, lots of mail from an Excel spreadsheet
> list, which I have a rule checked to move to the Excel folder.  But it
> doesn't run

Is 'stop processing the rules' on for this rule?

> it AFTER my mail gets here so I have to click to bring up the rules, then
> run rules now, check all the different rules, change the folder to
> personal so it checks all subfolders, then click to run them, it goes and
> all the mail gets put where it belongs.

First I'd flag those as "Safe Sender" so that they don't go into the
Junkmail in the first instance.
Once they are in the inbox the other rule should run on them.

--

> Darn, had my hopes up, but... they are checked.  Here is what usually
> happens..
> []Run Outlook
> []Send and Receive Mail
> []Mail downloads from mail server, NOT HTML or hotmail.. a regular POP3
> server
> []When I now go into Junk Mail, lots of mail from an Excel spreadsheet
> list, which I have a rule checked to move to the Excel folder.  But it
> doesn't run it AFTER my mail gets here so I have to click to bring up the
> rules, then run rules now, check all the different rules, change the
> folder to personal so it checks all subfolders, then click to run them, it
> goes and all the mail gets put where it belongs.
> That's what I have to do every time I run Outlook 2007

0
sme1 (22)
6/20/2007 7:03:58 PM
Ronald Stepp <moriturimax@sw.rr.com> wrote:

> Darn, had my hopes up, but... they are checked.  Here is what usually
> happens..

Henry's got it correct.  The Junk E-mail filter runs before rules, so you
first have to prevent Outlook from considering the messages as junk, which
means either reducing the level of junk filtering or flagging the senders as
safe.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
6/20/2007 8:46:02 PM
Hmm, well most of them are from lists, so the emails usually change, the
only thing that stays the same is the TO field..  I don't know ahead of time
who's email to flag.

> Ronald Stepp <moriturimax@sw.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Darn, had my hopes up, but... they are checked.  Here is what usually
>> happens..
>
> Henry's got it correct.  The Junk E-mail filter runs before rules, so you
> first have to prevent Outlook from considering the messages as junk, which
> means either reducing the level of junk filtering or flagging the senders
> as safe.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Ok, this is really annoying me... I thought I could with ALL of the options
in rules creation make one to check the Junk Mail folder and move stuff out
of it, but NOOOOOOO... seems there is no way to specify which folder to move
stuff FROM depending on if it matches criteria..

ARG

Still looking in there to see if some wierd thing in the rules is going on.

> Ronald Stepp <moriturimax@sw.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Darn, had my hopes up, but... they are checked.  Here is what usually
>> happens..
>
> Henry's got it correct.  The Junk E-mail filter runs before rules, so you
> first have to prevent Outlook from considering the messages as junk, which
> means either reducing the level of junk filtering or flagging the senders
> as safe.
> --
> Brian Tillman

All my lists use a prefix in the subject line.( [Listname] Subject )
The message "To" Address is also the List Address so I criteria on either of
those.

If you can't do either perhaps create a special address/account for list
subscriptions.

--

> Hmm, well most of them are from lists, so the emails usually change, the
> only thing that stays the same is the TO field..  I don't know ahead of
> time who's email to flag.

0
sme1 (22)
6/21/2007 6:40:12 AM
I DO have a rule for them.. problem is, Outlook won't run them after I
download mail.. the mails go to junk and stay there even with the rule on..
I have to run them manually each time I download mail to move them to the
right folders.

> All my lists use a prefix in the subject line.( [Listname] Subject )
> The message "To" Address is also the List Address so I criteria on either
> of those.
>
> If you can't do either perhaps create a special address/account for list
> subscriptions.
>
> --
> Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
>

> "Ronald Stepp" <moriturimax@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Hmm, well most of them are from lists, so the emails usually change, the
>> only thing that stays the same is the TO field..  I don't know ahead of
>> time who's email to flag.

Ronald Stepp <moriturimax@sw.rr.com> wrote:

> I DO have a rule for them.. problem is, Outlook won't run them after I
> download mail.. the mails go to junk and stay there even with the
> rule on.. I have to run them manually each time I download mail to
> move them to the right folders.

First you have to discover why they're being flagged as junk.
--
Brian Tillman
0

> Ronald Stepp <moriturimax@sw.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> I DO have a rule for them.. problem is, Outlook won't run them after I
>> download mail.. the mails go to junk and stay there even with the
>> rule on.. I have to run them manually each time I download mail to
>> move them to the right folders.
>
> First you have to discover why they're being flagged as junk.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Ronald Stepp <moriturimax@sw.rr.com> wrote:

> I don't think so... I think I am just going to go to Eudora or some
> other program.. if I knew why every mail was getting flagged as junk
> I could just turn the filter completely off and make my own junk mail
> filter..

Well, good luck with all the calendaring and task management features Eudora
offers.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
6/22/2007 4:24:18 AM
Thanks.. just installed Eudora and am very happy with it... comes up fast,
filters pretty easy to setup and it's not sluggish like Outlook (my other
issue).. I can't run the filters manually either in Eudora.. heh heh.. BUT
they work once I had them setupo for incoming mail.. whew..  the task
management and calendar stuff.. not sure why that will be a task.. don't
really need em yet so no worries there..

Thanks a lot for all your help..

Ronald Stepp

> Ronald Stepp <moriturimax@sw.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't think so... I think I am just going to go to Eudora or some
>> other program.. if I knew why every mail was getting flagged as junk
>> I could just turn the filter completely off and make my own junk mail
>> filter..
>
> Well, good luck with all the calendaring and task management features
> Eudora offers.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Ronald Stepp <moriturimax@sw.rr.com> wrote:

> Thanks.. just installed Eudora and am very happy with it... comes up
> fast, filters pretty easy to setup and it's not sluggish like Outlook
> (my other issue).. I can't run the filters manually either in
> Eudora.. heh heh.. BUT they work once I had them setupo for incoming
> mail.. whew..  the task management and calendar stuff.. not sure why
> that will be a task.. don't really need em yet so no worries there..

If you don't need the features Outlook offers, why did you even try it?
--
Brian Tillman
0

Find an e-mail address
I have a client who asked me if it is possible to find whether an e-mail has been sent to a specific address within the last 10 days. Platform is Small Business Server 2003 Premium, SP1, Exchange 2003 SP2. Any ideas? Message tracking in system manager - just specify the date. "KCDS49" <kcds49_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uYva5ep9GHA.4288@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a client who asked me if it is possible to find whether an e-mail >has been sent to a specific address within the last 10 days. Platform is >Small Business Server 2003 Premium, SP...

Need only one DLL instance to run...

Outlook E-mail accounts
I want to know how do you set up an e-mail account through outlook on your home computer and still have an e-mail through the actual internet...like aol..... I tried to e-mail some pictures yesterday and it would work....it just sending me a error message....Can you please help? AOL and outlook don't work together.AOL uses its own propriatry email system. In order to use OL, you have to have an account with an ISP, or use eg Hotmail David "Tiffany Ellis" <Tiff77529@aol.com> wrote in message news:9ec501c35c39$bbf1e7b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I want to know how do you...

Mail addressed to deleted mailboxes
I would like to just reject all incoming mail silently and if possible, send a rejection reply. At this time, any incoming mail addressed to a deleted mailbox is forwarded to the administrator's mailbox and I want to stop this from happening. Any ideas that you have would be appreciated. Thanks. "Patrick McMillan" <patrickm@beelinedel.com> wrote: >I would like to just reject all incoming mail silently and >if possible, send a rejection reply. At this time, any >incoming mail addressed to a deleted mailbox is forwarded >to the administrator's ma...

Word Mail Merge with Excel as data file
Word 2003 Excel 2003 Windows XP Why would a mail merge show only every other Excel row when merging with a Microsoft Word form? I am also cross-referening this to the Word forum. Thanks in advance! Sounds like perhaps you have TWO <<next record>> fields in your main document for each, and you should only have one. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "HT" <asfafd@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OER87r9hFHA.3260@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Word 2003 > Excel 2003 > Windows XP > > Why would a mail merge show only every othe...

run time error 10-22-03

Automatically run macro

Excel Continuous Running Total

mail merge wiht Office xp
I liked the old mail merge in office 2000. Can i configure office Xp mail merge to work like office 2000? ...

how to set up for the Windows Mail??
anyone can tell me by how i can set up the email account, checking with the Windows Mail?? Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "JuniorBoy" <JuniorBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30E1D13E-3A13-493F-95DC-AE5FE645B6EF@microsoft.com... > anyone can tell me by how i can set up the email account, checking with > the > Windows Mail?? ...

Move Mail box failed
Dear all, When I try to move a mailbox accross Exchange 2000 server (or accross different mail store in same server), I got below errors. Is the problem caused from System Attendant mailbox? Because I found the Last Logon of SA mailbox is Domain/System in this server, for the other server which can normally opration the last logon of SA mailbox is Domain/Admin Thanks for help. MSExchangeAdmin Error Move Mailbox 1008 N/A EXCH1 Unable to move mailbox 'Test'. Error: The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Excha...

Outlook 2003 rule for incoming mails
Hi, lets say I have a contact "John Miller" with the primary e-mail address john.miller@somewhere.com and secondary jmiller@elsewhere.com. I would like to set up a rule which only applies to some of John Millers addresses, but not to others, i.e. if I receive an e-mail addressed to jmiller I would like to forward it or move it to another folder or delete it, but that shouldn't apply to mails sends to john.miller. The problem is, if I setup a definition for that, Outlook overwrites the e-mail address with the "John Miller" contact information and that results in a rule ...

Money 2002 will not run

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

Windows Mail Personal Folders
Can Personal folders be added in Windows Mail? If so, can you please explain to me how to do it. Thanks, -- Deb Click on Local Folders. Then: File | New | Folder. Name it. Clock on Local Folders if you want it out in the open. Click on any folder if you want it as a subfolder of that folder. OK. Done. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1E0E969-C4AA-46A7-965D-37B33ADB6366@microsoft.com... > Can Personal folders be added in Windows Mail? If so, can you p...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

transfer e-mails from old computer to a new one
Anyone know an easy way to transfer loads of e-mails from my old computer to my new one. I have 3 years of e-mails that I need to keep for legal/business records. I tried copying the e-mails in the "Identities" folder of my old computer and pasting them into the same folder of my new computer. They show up on the folder list but not in my Outlook Express Inbox. I also tried compacting, copying, and then importing the e- mails into the new OE but it gives me an error message that they are not the right kind of files. Can anyone help!!! Thanks, JMM This is a group to su...

Deleted E-mails automatically delete
I just upgraded to Outlook 2007; if I deletes an email while it is "opened" it goes to the "deleted Items" folder--I can see the number change and then it it immediately deleted from that folder. The message disappears rather than staying in the deleted items folder. Why does the email disappear when it is deleted instead of staying in the deleted items folder? Outlook doesn't do that by itself. Which mail account type are you using? Does the folder size of the Deleted Items folder also indicate that it is empty? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outl...

Sent Mail Question
I'm new to CRM 1.2 so patience please. It appears that if I send a mail message to a Contact that I have in an Account in CRM 1.2 that the only record of that activity lies within CRM. Looking in my Sent Mail folder I find no record of the action. Environment: SBS 2003 Exch Svr 6.5.7226 (SP1) XP-Pro desktop I send the mail within the CRMweb site as an Activity associated with a Contact. The sent mail appears in the Contact's History but for some reason MS elected not to order these by Date (at least not that I can figure out). More importantly to me, I have no single screen showi...

rules wizard #39
Is there a reason I can't cut and paste from and e-mail into the rules wizard? There is so much spma coming with creative spelling , accent marks etc. It would be so much easier to just cut and paste them in the rules wizard. Thanks, RW ...

Very strange problems while running Great Plains on workstations
I notice that a few workstations in an office I support are having problems when they run Great Plains. Excel, Outlook, Word and Dynamics.exe are showing in the Application event log as being Hanging or Faulting. I also see Fault Bucket errors, but when I search online I cannot find any information online. Here is one of the Fault Bucket errors: 3:15:35 pm 28-Sep-06 Application Hang None 1001 N/A Fault bucket 296734104. Also, these workstations are experiencing problems printing PDF files. Has anyone out there seen this behavior and if so, how can these problems be fixed? Thank you, ...

Publisher 2000 will not run
I had problems with Publisher 98 not running which we=20 never did solve so I installed office 2000 to see if=20 Publisher 2000 would function. Same problem: The flash=20 screen pops up and then disappears. No program. Microsoft=AE Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encountered a=20 problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the=20 inconvenience. Howard, hi again, Have you tried opening Publisher in safe mode? Publisher retains all printer information within its publications. If you can open Publisher in safe mode, either regress or update your printer and video drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MV...