how do I remove messages from welcome window

When I turn on my computer my welcome screen shows that I have messages, but
when I go to my outlook there are none. I then check my comcast mail and
there are no messages there either. I still do get messages but after i've
read them my welcome screen still shows I have messages.
0
53 (1)

http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/winxp_unread.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"whitman 53" <whitman 53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I turn on my computer my welcome screen shows that I have messages,
> but
> when I go to my outlook there are none. I then check my comcast mail and
> there are no messages there either. I still do get messages but after i've
> read them my welcome screen still shows I have messages.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Windows Mail could not be started 04-09-10
I'm trying to do a mail merge in Word 2007 using Outlook as our standard email programme, however when I try sending emails in HTML format I get an error message that Window Mail could not be started. When sending emails as an attachement or RTF there is no problem. Any help is appreciated-Thank you. "Ellen Ileia Foundation" <Ellen Ileia Foundation@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFB4D46A-A3B7-4214-8054-F7C63F6CBE6E@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to do a mail merge in Word 2007 using Outlook as our standard > email programme, however...

Outlook 2007 Message Flags Keep Appearing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C79AF1.3BDDB590 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm finding that I constantly have email messages showing up that are flagged but I have never set the flag for the message. Does anyone know what would be setting the flags and how I can stop them from being set? ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C79AF1.3BDDB590 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml&q...

Message Sensitivity
In Outlook 2000 what do the 3 message sensitivity options mean? Personal, Private and Confidential ...

Removal

Remove Excel Icon ??

problems backing up hotmail messages
I used to always back up old hotmail messages on my HD by simply opening outlook, accessing hotmail via outlook, and then clicking and dragging the messages into my local outlook e-mail folders, which saves them on my hard drive. however i just did a recent backup with outlook express and it saved all the messages as ".EML" files. outlook express would never do this, the message would appear the same as they would in hotmail. i could also transfer them back and forth, from my pc to my hotmail account. my problem is that i need to restore some of these messages to hotmail but...

Adding Digital Signature to message(s)
Simple problem, really: The choice to add a digital signature to outgoing messages (Tools/Options/Security) or to an individual message (New Message/Options/Security Settings/Add Digital Signature to this message)is grayed and unavailable. I am seeing this on many of our workstations in the enterprise, but not on ALL of them. I am not using MS Word as my email editor. Any information is greatly appreciated. Ken Are all the workstations running as users or local admins? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert...

keep getting error message when sending mail.
I've been using outlook express version 6.0 for awhile now..the other day, for some reason or another I started getting an error message whenever I send email. I receive just fine. I go into setup,and everything is correct as far as the internet mail addresses and such...like I said, everything has worked fine now for several months, and suddenly this message keeps occuring...maybe somebody can explain to me what it means, and where I can look to correct it...below is the message that I continue to receive.. The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejec...

windows explorer stopped working 04-19-10
Hi all, I got this problem in vista home premiun since I installed service pack 2. It happens when I click the right button of the mouse, I was told that it could be because I installed some application but I didn't find the culprit. Anyway, I want to execute command prompt as administrator and since I can not do it from the all start menu with a right click button, is there another way from a command line??. Actually I need to make some changes to HOSTS file and in order to do that I need to edit it as administrator. TIA On 4/19/2010 2:38 PM, Fanor P. wrote: > Hi...

Message headers
All, I have a strange problem im loosing spam score's as messages are passed from my exchange 5.5 server to my exchange 2003 server. Currently we use a mcafee appliance to to stamp a spam score in the message header from there the message delivers to the exchange 5.5 server, and if the recipient is not on that server it delivers to the exchange 2003 server both are in the same administrative group. Exchange 5.5 headers contain the spam score. Exchange 2003 headers do not contain the spam score. Any ideas ? Thanks ~BB "Brian B" <BrianB@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Remove lines with +++

server-requested client action message
This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and deleting it hoping it would reset. Thanks. In news:%23boIuP6GGHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, MCSA-M <kbenator@gmail.com> typed: > This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 > every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including > Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and > deleting it hoping it would...

Error Message #68
When I start Outlook 2002 on my computer, I get the following error message: GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL. Entry Point not found. What does this mean and how do I correct it??? Frank <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I start Outlook 2002 on my computer, I get the > following error message: > > GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library > MSDART.DLL. Entry Point not found. > > What does this mean and how do I correct it??? Asked and answered hundreds of times. Update MDAC at Windows Up...

ODBC Error Message: Configuration Process Failed...
A second error appears that says "Could not write to registry". I have an ODBC connection that our team added to a number of users machines. Through a button it is pulling information from an Access DB. The connection worked, when set-up, on all but about 6 machines. The errors, as mentioned above, were "Configuration Process Failed" and "Could not write to registry". I have been unsuccessful in locating a topic in forums, help files, etc, related to this. Has anyone seen this before? Do you know a solution? Thank you! ...

Sounds in html messages
WinXP Pro w/ SP2 and all of the latest updates, patches, hotfixes from the Windows Update Site. Outlook2k3 w/ all of the latest updates, patches, hotfixes from the Office Update Site. Whenever I receive an email in Outlook2k3 and look at the html for that email the bgsound tag points to something similar to "cid:(long string of alpha-numeric)@(xxx)" Where is this file stored? I've done searches for these types of files and the computer never finds that long, cryptic file. Where is it? Thanks in advance for any help! :-) In the mailbox store. (e.g. if you are a pop3...

How to Remove SRS

error message #8
How do I install Money 2004 and set it up to use Norton Utilities? In microsoft.public.money, bkoch wrote: >How do I install Money 2004 and set it up to use Norton >Utilities? Try it? If no go, read various opinions and experiences that have been posted: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=50&as_scoring=d&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=nav+norton&as_eq=google&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.money&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&as_umsgid=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_mi...

Removing an item from menu

Public folder message copies to another user
Is there a way from exchange 2003 to allow mails that come to a public folder to be forwarded or a copy of it sent to anotehr user. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Hi Smith, If you mail enable your public folder, you will get the normal Exchange email tabs, then in Exchange System go to the Exchange General tab | Delivery Options | Forwarding Address | Forward To, and type the contact or email account to deliver to. Note this will only work for messages sent to this public folder via its email address. For messages created in the Public Folders directly this method will not wor...

Message title is blank
Using Outlook 2000, I have noted lately that when I reply to an email stored in my pst file, the information does not have a subject line or a message text from me as it supposed to have. It is just an envelope that is blank. Any idea what is causing this behavior and how to resolve this? It does not happen from my mailbox itself but only from my pst files that are stored on the network. ...

remove Fax from address book?

Sharing Workbook Info message ?
Recently, as I go to Tools, Share Workbook, ck on Allow ....(slfkjsaldjflskjf.....) and OK a message box pops up saying "Seletion is too Large" I just ck OK and move on. Am I missing something here? TIA, Jim ...

Windows Rights Management Formerly Digital Rights Management
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Our company uses Windows Rights Management to control rights to Word an Excel spreadsheets as well as limit forwarding of emails. Office for Windows beining with 2003 supported it a does IE. Does Office for Mac 2008 support Windows Rights Management? At this time I cannot access any Office doc or email that has Windows Rights AKA DRM applied to it. Sorry, there's no way to work with such files in Office 2008. You will have to request an unprotected copy to work with or use Office for Windows. On 4/10/08 1:10 PM, ...