How do I re-install the Contacts file?

Due to a corrupt Windows file I had to re-install Windows.  Unfortunately
this means that the new Outlook Contacts files, and files I had set up in "My
Shortcuts", do not show up in Outlook.

 are emptyHow can I move files from the original Outlook (specifically the
information in "Contacts" and files I had set up in "My Shortcuts"?

files from the old Outlook into the current Outlook?

Thanks,
0
Bob4289 (354)

Sorry--I accidentally hit the POST button while editing this mesage.
Disregard this message, and see "Moving files after re-installing Windows WP
Pro".

Thanks,

Bob

"Bob" wrote:

> Due to a corrupt Windows file I had to re-install Windows.  Unfortunately
> this means that the new Outlook Contacts files, and files I had set up in "My
> Shortcuts", do not show up in Outlook.
>
>  are emptyHow can I move files from the original Outlook (specifically the
> information in "Contacts" and files I had set up in "My Shortcuts"?
>
> files from the old Outlook into the current Outlook?
>
> Thanks,
0
Bob4289 (354)

Convert PNG file to Bitmap without a DC?
I'd like to store images resources as PNGs due to the compression over bitmps. To load such a resource and get it converted to a bitmap for the eventual Blit to my screen DC, I basically want the equivalent of LoadBitmap. Better yet, I was thinking I would create a CBitmap derived class "CPNGImage" that would have a "LoadPNGResource" method much like CBitmap's LoadBitmap method. So far so good. The stumbling block for me at this point is that the process of converting the PNG to a bitmap seems to require a DC compatible with my device. This is neatly enc...

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

Saving files when closing Excel
Excel does not prompt for saving changes when closing a file after changes to the file have been done. Hi have you checked that there's no event macro in your file? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jonathan Gold wrote: > Excel does not prompt for saving changes when closing a file after > changes to the file have been done. ...

Re-install Outlook 2002

access file to exe file
Hi, good day! May i know the procedures on how to make access file to an executable file. I read a lot of Access books from 97 to XP versions but i was not able to find any. thank you very much and anticipating your response. Anthony > May i know the procedures on how to make access file to an > executable file. I read a lot of Access books from 97 to > XP versions but i was not able to find any. I tried a number of converters to translate Access into Visual Basic, all with limited success. Even when I was able to get a form working it required as much time to tweek it a...

Problems with Office apps after archive and install
I had to do an archive and install (without preserving users and network settings) on my G4 (OS 10.2.8), and ever since, I've been unable to get several Office apps to work correctly. In Word, I get an error about not being able to open the Visual Basic Editor, and the custom dictionary being unavailable. In Entourage, I "do not have write access to the application folder." In Excel, there's an error accessing the system registry. I've tried moving things from my previous system folder back into the current system folder, but it only seems to have made things worse. A...

management reporter installation
Has anyone installed management report yet? Do both application service and process service have to be installed or are they optional? Thanks, Janey -- Janey ...

Create Batch file for laptops to copy templates
Hi Everyone, I am new to batch file programming and need an expert help to find out something. I want to create a batch file that runs at login and compares a local copy of the templates to what we have on the network. We have templates on a mapped network drive in h:\clients\templates, and on the laptop in c:\apps\data\clients\templates. When the laptop is offline it substitutes c:\apps\data to appear as h: drive, that way the files appear to be in h:\clients\templates. Here’s the basic steps what I need the batch file for: 1. first it checks to see if the computer is on th...

Contact Journal
Is it possible to set up contacts (in Outlook '97) so that it makes a journal of all the emails and faxes that I sent to that person/company? If not, what is the journal function in contacts for? Peter You need to enable using the Journal. However, Outlook 97 Journal has some known issues with slow performance in Office. You might want to upgrade since it is now an unsupported program from Microsoft. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Peter Brown <solvino@tiscali.co.uk> typed: | Is it p...

Re-Enable CRM User

XP Pro SP3
Hello! In a bit of a bind; hoping someone can help me! I have a laptop here that was not logging in correctly - it would log in and immediately log out. Drive showed minor failure, so I did a surface scan and remapped the failing sector. Ran SFC which replaced one file - still wasn't working. So I tried a repair install. Normally, this fixes just about any darn thing. Not this time. On the initial boot afterwards (the black screen with logo), it just hangs. Power down and reboot, it allows log in, then says "windows must be activated before you can log in"...

Excel Icon for files
I am running Windows 2000 professional on my PC and connected to a LAN. I am running the MS office 2000 Professional suite. When, I save a worksheet from Exel 2000 it does not save the file with the common Excel file Icon(green X). The file is displayed with the default Windows Flag Icon. When I double click on this default Windows Flag Icon the system tries to open the file with Word not Excel. Word and PowerPoint both save with their common Icons. The Excel program saved fine a couple of weeks ago. I have not installed any new software and our server takes care of Virus protection thro...

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

How do i change my file from a 2003 office doument to a 2000 docu.
i have done this before with a word document but i dont seem to be able to figure out how to do it with a publisher document.... can anybody help?? File, save as, files of type, expand the menu to Publisher 2000. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "me" <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E89A2FF9-20DD-4568-980F-73162AE7AB8A@microsoft.com... >i have done this before with a word document but i dont seem to be able to > figure out how to do it with a publisher document.... can anybody he...

Vlookups to Excel Version 3 files.
I use a system that on a daily basis creates an Excel version 3 file containing cost centers and their budgets. When I do vlookups from other Excel 97 files to this file it takes a long time for the sheet to calculate. If I save the Excel V3 file as Excel 97 its OK, and if the Excel V3 file is open before the 97 file its OK. I don't want to have to constantly save the V3 file as 97 (I may not be around to do that always) Does anyone know how to resolve this. Thanks Naz ...

SBS CRM install then move Exchange.
Hi All, Quick question hopefully. Just wondering if anyone can clarify what I believe is possible but not 100% sure. CRM SBS edition installed on a SBS box, can a new Exchange box is implemented into the same domain and keep e-mail functionality of CRM?? If it is possible and Exchange is moved off the SBS box and onto a new server, what needs to be done to ensure it works correctly? Change registy settings to point to new mail server? have looked and can't seem to locate them... I have done the following: -Run Rule Wizard and remove rules from mailboxes (sbs box) -Un-installed th...

Re: exmerge error

Register a file extension
I would like to allow my users to register my apps file extension from within the app. I have managed to register the extension but the description isn't being shown in explorer on xp or 7, I can not also get the icon to display. Below is the code I found on the internet: Private Declare Function RegCreateKey Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "RegCreateKeyA" (ByVal hKey As Long, ByVal lpSubKey As String, phkResult As Long) As Long Private Declare Function RegSetValue Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "RegSetValueA" (ByVal hKey As Long, ByVal lpSubKey ...

Transfer files from money 99 to money 2003
We have a new computer with money 2003, old computer has our records in money 99. We tried to import export but the records to not come across correctly. What should we d???? You shouldn't have to export or import. Just move across your .MNY data file and open it with the newer version. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=68. "Michelle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1351501c419bd$2899add0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > We have a new computer with money 2003, old computer has > our records in money 99. We tried to import export but > the...

contact list 09-05-10
when i try to add to my contact list in windows mail the error message says windows could not add one or more of the recipients to the contact list I cannot delete addresses either Can anyone help? I have windows vista That symptom can be caused by interference from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case = scenario, ...

Exchange 2003 stops after installing SP1
Two weeks agoe I installed SP1 om Exchange 2003 (running om Win2003 Server) Since the installation it has frozen 4 times. There are no events, no pre warnings, it just stops sending and recieving mails, no reaction on mouse and keyboard. Screen is frozen or just blue. Any idea would be welcome. Regards Carsten Any time the whole box hangs solid, you usually have a bigger problem than Exchange. Having applied SP1 may just be a coincidence. Make sure you are running the latest device driver updates, firmware updates, etc. for all of your hardware. Run full hardware diagnostics on the serve...

re re re ????
nefertiti ??? ...