How do I put in Footnote "disclaimer"

I have 80 workstations using XP and outlook 2000 for email
I want to add a disclaimer to each out going email - "If
you have received this message in error" type of note.
I know how to add it through the signature but the user
can change or delete this, any way I prevent the user from
modifying the note?

0
steve331 (1)

If you are using an exchange server, then see this page for suggestions:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/content_control.htm

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Stevve <steve331@bristolelder.org> asked:

| I have 80 workstations using XP and outlook 2000 for email
| I want to add a disclaimer to each out going email - "If
| you have received this message in error" type of note.
| I know how to add it through the signature but the user
| can change or delete this, any way I prevent the user from
| modifying the note?

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Disclaimer on all outbound email
I've been looking for a way to add a company disclaimer on all outbound emails that are sent from a company's exchange server (two companies actually - one on Ex2000, the other Ex2003). I found the two articles 317680 and 317327, but these don't work on MAPI clients. Is there a way to do this for MAPI clients, eg Outlook. Thanks, Rob Best "free" solution is to download GFI Mail Essentials which allows you to keep using their disclaimer feature after the trial period expires. www.patrickrouse.com/exchange.htm#disclaimers Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Se...

Setting up diferents disclaimers.
Hi all, Is there any way to set up multiples disclaimers in order to assign them to diferent groups of users?. If otherwise wich is the best application to do this. Thanks a lot for you help and best regards. Hi Charlie, Thank you for the post! First, there is no build-in features in Exchange, which can set different disclaimers. We may only add the same disclaimer for all the outgoing messages by using event sink. Detailed info on the event sink, refer to the following articles: 317680 How to add a disclaimer to outgoing SMTP messages in Visual Basic script http://support.micr...

Exchange 5.5
Hi, I am looking to incorporate the imsext.dll to our Exchange 5.5 setup in order to allow us to append a legal disclaimer at the bottom of all outgoing emails (as described in KB 258206 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185028). I don't own a copy of the Backoffice Resource Kit, however KB 185028 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185028 ) indicates that I can download the "Internet Mail Connector Extension" from "Microsoft's World Wide Web server", with, of course, no links provided. I have seen this DLL posted...

Attach a Disclaimer to the bottom of all emails
Hello, I have Exchange 5.5 and I'm new to this software. Please can someone help me in finding out how to attach a Disclaimer to the bottom of all my outgoing emails. Thank you... L http://www.purenetworking.net/HintsTips/Exchange_Disclaimer ..htm >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >I have Exchange 5.5 and I'm new to this software. Please >can someone help me in finding out how to attach a >Disclaimer to the bottom of all my outgoing emails. > >Thank you... > >L >. > ...

wish to add a disclaimer (like any software install) as per macro.
Can anyone help? Where? A splash screen? A menu item? or ... ? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "kiwimark" <kiwimark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64A8C886-9F23-4BCA-94A5-1BC7A04C91DC@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help? You can display a msgbox when the user opens the workbook. Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "Disclaimer..." End Sub --- Press ALT+F11, click on the "ThisWorkbook" module, and paste in the code. Save and close. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Can...

Disclaimers and 2K7
I know 2K7 has the ability to insert global disclaimers in text, is there any function to get an image included in that disclaimer? Thanks, D On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 16:03:03 -0800, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know 2K7 has the ability to insert global disclaimers in text, is there any >function to get an image included in that disclaimer? >Thanks, >D Oh, I hope not. "Andy David {MVP}" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message news:bfluu2lomlubuqtu15adlt618e8herhql8@4ax.com... > On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 16:03:03 -0800, Dan <...

creating a disclaimer in Exchange 2003
I am trying to create a disclaimer for all outing messages in exchange 2003. I followed everything in "How to add a disclaimer to outgoing SMTP messages in Visual Basic script" article # 317680. I don't know what I am missing. I ran the EventSinkScript.vbs script and the smtpreg.vbs script and it is still not adding the disclaimer. Thanks for your help, Mark On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:41:11 -0400, Mark <mark@nomail.com> wrote: >I am trying to create a disclaimer for all outing messages in exchange >2003. I followed everything in "How to add a disclaimer to ou...

Disclaimer on Exchange 2003
Hi NG We use Win2003 Server, Exchange 2003 and Outlook XP on the Client Stations. I installed Exchange SDK and added VB Script like explained in this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317680 to have a standard disclaimer on all outgoing Emails. I just can't get it to work. After I register the EventSinkScript.vbs I get the following message: set property ScriptName to C:\EventSinkScript.vbs .... is this correct? I tried to send a couple emails from Outlook to an external Email address without success on the disclaimer. I appreciate all the help I can get! Roman Just in ca...

Pictures within disclaimer
Is it possible to add a picture or company logo as a default disclaimer on exchange 5.5? ...

"Disclaimer"
I need to put a legal disclaimer on all printed excel pages. The disclaimer is too large to put in the Footer. Any ideas on how to do this? This may work if you're using xl2002+ Create a picture of the disclaimer in another application (like MSPaint). Then insert that picture into the footer. Sandie wrote: > > I need to put a legal disclaimer on all printed excel pages. The disclaimer > is too large to put in the Footer. Any ideas on how to do this? -- Dave Peterson On 2/6/2010 11:41 AM, Sandie wrote: > I need to put a legal disclaimer on all pr...

Help: Disclaimer on Exchange5.5
I have implement imsext.dll on Exchange 5.5 Server. and it works for inboundappend and inboundprepend, however, it doesn't work for outboundappend and outboundprepend. I appreciate for any comments or advices. "Little Cat" wrote: > I have implement imsext.dll on Exchange 5.5 Server. and it works for > inboundappend and inboundprepend, however, it doesn't work for > outboundappend and outboundprepend. > > I appreciate for any comments or advices. > >LC, can i ask where you got the imsext.dll file? I'm try to outbound pre-prend on Exch...

OWA 2003 disclaimer/signature
Is there a location I can amend so that all the new message created from OWA 2003 will has the disclaimer? If you just want to add a disclaimer to OWA email messages check out: http://www.exclaimer.co.uk/Disclaimers.aspx To add a disclaimer to all outbound email messages some VB scripting is needed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317327&Product=exch2003 Might also want to check out: http://www.policypatrol.com/policypatroldisclaimers.htm http://www.gfi.com/mes/mesfeatures.htm Christopher Crandall "kevin" wrote: > Is there a location I can am...

Disclaimer does not work
Hi there, I have a problem with the SMTP disclaimer. I did follow the 317680 procedure, I've created the script then I´ve registered with smtpreg.vbs. But nothing happens The script was registered in the routing group bridgehead server to avoid the MAPI problem. (All the servers sent SMTP mail to it and the outsise). At the same time I'm using webmail (OWA) to forward mail outside the organization. But the disclaimer doesn´t show up So I don´t understand the problem. Pls -- Gabriel N Argentina ...

Email Disclaimer as Attachment?
Currently, like most companies, we are adding a disclaimer to all outgoing email. I've been asked to research having the disclaimer added as a PDF Attachment instead as a footer. Anyone doing this and if so how? Thank you, Mark On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 08:35:46 -0500, "Mark McCurdy" <gmmccurdy@hotmail.com> wrote: >Currently, like most companies, we are adding a disclaimer to all outgoing >email. I've been asked to research having the disclaimer added as a PDF >Attachment instead as a footer. > >Anyone doing this and if so how? > >Thank you, &...

Legal Disclaimer
My department is responsible for data analysis and create numerous reports daily. We would like to have a legal statement on the bottom of all our reports...every printed page would have the disclaimer. Is there an easy way to insert something in the footer for every document we create? I'd set the footer up in a template file, and then make it so that every time you open XL, that template file is opened. Note that this would only affect new files. -- Best Regards, Luke M "malbright" <malbright@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:297153...

Exchange 2003
Hi Is there any way to add a disclaimer/autosignature to the footer of an external email in Exchange 2003? Or do I still have to use a third party tool (if so are there any reliable freeware offerings) In addition we need to be able to identify the user that has sent the email so that their name and email address is incorporated plus it needs to be their external address rather than their internal .local address. Many thanks Ben On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:06:15 +0100, "Ben" <Ben@NoSpam.com> wrote: >Hi > >Is there any way to add a disclaimer/autosignature to t...

Disclaimers and different domains?
Hi, We were going to add disclaimers to our e-mails (boooo - i hate them!) via McAfee Groupshield for exchange 2003 and this seemed a good solution as we only want it on outgoing and there would be no cost involved. However because of the nature of the work we do instead of all of our users sending out from user.name@company.com we often send out from user.name@companyother.com (for support on an application) and more and more. Therefore we would not want - This e-mail has come from company.com if it is not actually from us if that makes sense. How would we go about this with missing...

Disclaimer with attachments
Dear, I want to change the disclaimer alert on my outlook when I'm using: file --> right click --> Send to --> Mail Recipient.. --------------------------------- The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments: scsadmn Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled. --------------------------------------------------- Thanks in advance, Nelson you can't change it but you ...

Adding a organization wide e-mail disclaimer
I need to add a organization wide e-mail disclaimer. Can this be done in Exchange? If so please provide a link. If not, what third party software do you recommend? Cost will be an issue. This is for a non-profit. There is a free microsoft vb script that will create a disclaimer for SMTP traffic. Search microsoft's site for Q82699. I've applied it on our Exchange 2003 box and it works perfect! James "Tom Wall" <TomWall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDB0124E-16EE-4F5B-9C6F-E7F2C39A952E@microsoft.com... >I need to add a organization wi...

automated Email disclaimers
I am looking to implement an automated email disclaimer but only for a certain group of users. I have seen the KB article for event syncs but I'm hoping someone can clarify a few points? 1. can these event syncs be written to only apply the disclaimer on a subset of users as the senders? or is it an all or nothing? 2. SMTP event syncs wont work for MAPI sent messages because the email is temporarily converted to SMTP and then changed msg won't persist? Is there a wa y round this? TIA 1. No. It's global, because it's an event sink that is applied at the SMTP Virtual Serv...

How to put disclaimer message on E2k?
Can it be done at administration level, not at per mailbox level (i.e. we don't won that user need to do any special action)? Regards, Thi smay help point you along the path you are looking for. 317680 HOW TO: Add a Disclaimer to Outgoing SMTP Messages in Visual Basic Script http://support.microsoft.com/?id=317680 HTH -- David Dee daviddee@online.microsoft.com "Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only." ****** Disclaimer ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Ja...

Exchange Disclaimer & GFI mailessentials v8
Hi All, Asides from the event sink method (which is not applicable for my site), it seems the only free option for disclaimers is the Mailessentials v8 from GFI. Does anyone know whether it hosted anywhere anymore? I grabbed the v12 from GFI - and the disclaimer function stopped after 10 days.... ta On 5 Aug 2006 03:26:27 -0700, shonkyholdings@gmail.com wrote: >Hi All, > >Asides from the event sink method (which is not applicable for my >site), it seems the only free option for disclaimers is the >Mailessentials v8 from GFI. Does anyone know whether it hosted anywhere >...

problem adding disclaimers to exchange 2003 SMTP traffic
As per something I read a long time ago I've registered a vbs script ('EventSinkScript.vbs') so that on the event of 'ISMTPOnArrival_OnArrival' I add a disclaimer to the TextBody (or HTML Body). This works fine for two of our servers but doesn't appear to be working for mailboxes on our main internet mail gateway. out setup is this: DublinExchange2k3 server is out internet gateway for mail and LondonExchange2k3 and BelfastExchange2k3 both route internet mail via our WAN through our Dublin Server where the disclaimer is added. These are using SMTP connectors r...

Confused with disclaimers on Exch2003.
After reading all the posts here and the web links included with some of them and checking Q317680, I am still no nearer getting the disclaimers to work on our system. I followed the instruction precisely as outlined in Q317680 as it seemed more straight forward than Q317327 with no success. I seemed to get all the "success messages generated by the script". I didn't go for the Q317327 option as I didn't want to install VB on the exchange server just to create a dll file for our disclaimer. Nor do I wish to create a secondary virtual SMTP server as suggested on a border ser...

dynamic Disclaimer
Hello NG, i�ve the following problem: add a disclaimers to all outgoing mails as in KB317680 described works well. but I want do add a dynamic disclaimer. when the script runs the variable HTMLDisclaimer should be set by an sql-query. the following query works in an .asp site, but not in the sript... --- Code Start --- <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript"> Sub ISMTPOnArrival_OnArrival(ByVal Msg, EventStatus) set Myconn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") Myconn.Provider="Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" Myconn.Open "d:/scripts/banner.mdb" SQL_query = &qu...