How do I permanently delete "MSN email" in Outlook?

I have an MSN email account in my outook and can't delete them from the
"deleted items" folder. A message stating "this server does not support
manual deletion of messages.
0
Gordon (48)

Scot Gordon <Scot Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have an MSN email account in my outook and can't delete them from
> the "deleted items" folder. A message stating "this server does not
> support manual deletion of messages.

Since the MSN Deleted Items folder automatically empties for you
periodically, why do you care?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

How do I permanently delete "MSN email" in Outlook?
I have an MSN email account in my outook and can't delete them from the "deleted items" folder. A message stating "this server does not support manual deletion of messages. Scot Gordon <Scot Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an MSN email account in my outook and can't delete them from > the "deleted items" folder. A message stating "this server does not > support manual deletion of messages. Since the MSN Deleted Items folder automatically empties for you periodically, why do you care? -- Brian Tillman ...

MSN email and Exchage Server
Hey there, Does anyone know how to setup access to an MSN account using Exchange so they can access it from OWA? Is this possible? Thanks cp <cpetrou@tmo.blackberry.net> wrote in message news:1138061307.504776.236640@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hey there, > Does anyone know how to setup access to an MSN account using Exchange > so they can access it from OWA? > > Is this possible? > > Thanks cp > Not possible. OWA can connect only to the user's Exchange server. You would have to get a POP3 connector. If this is Small Business Server, one shou...

Importing Folders from MSN Email to Outlook
I would like to import the "Folders on Computer" in MSN Email into Outlook. These would include all Folder Names and saved emails. Can it be done? Where are the files located? These are not the same files as Folders on MSN. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks AFAIK. no. Look for them on the hard drive - what extension do they use? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subsc...

What outgoing mail server is used Outlook for MSN email address?
Setting up a new Internet account on Outlook asks for a POP3 and SMTP server, I use MSN, which requires an HTTP outgoing server for Explorer. MSN support agreed I could use my MSN Hotmail account on Outlook, but did not know how, help anyone? Set it up as an HTTP account, not POP3, and the server fields will be filled in for you. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlo...

can msn email msgs be imported to outlook? thanks
can msn email msgs be imported to outlook? thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003D_01C6E208.943A9200 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable There was a feature but I don't believe future versions of Outlook will = support it. I would transition to a pop or imap account as your mail = email. There are services that will retrieve your MSN mail and redirect = it to your other email account. =20 e-Commerce unveiled The e-book http://www.projectthunder.com http://blog.projectthunder.com "r...

can't log onto msn email. What am I missing?
I feel like i,m sitting in a car, keys in my hand, and the car won't go. All of you have started your cars. Windows7, 2007 Outlook, Configuring OK Search for server settings OK Log on ----- error ---- Are you using the Outlook Connector to connect to your account? If not, you can download it here; http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9A2279B1-DF0A-46E1-AA93-7D4870871ECF -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook...

Importing msn email address book into windows live account
..I just opened a win live email account and don't want to type in all the addresses i have in my MSN account. How can I just have them imported or transfered. -- Thanks, John That is much easier to do with Windows Live Mail since it automatically imports your Hotmail/Live/MSN contacts if you 'sign-in' with that same Live ID. You can download the latest beta of that program here: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-beta Otherwise, go to http://contacts.live.com and log in with your MSN username and password. Then click Manage, Export. It will down...

Old MSN email
I recently (last June) ended my MSN account and subsequently the email address associated with it. However, I left the identity in my Outlook Express 6.0. Though I can not directly "Send and Receive" from my old .msn account, it is still receiving emails. I can copy the emails to my stored folders if need be. I've tried a million ways to get-on/access this old account. If I'm going to still get email delivered to it, some from known senders, I should still be able to access it and have it forward email to my new email account. Any ideas? Yo, Microsoft...how about letti...

MSN email error
yesterday i got outlook 2003 and i had oe6 and outlook03 it got my msn email and stuff but most of the time it says transaction cancled or something...whats wrong i am useing the msn http:// server that was already on their...my yahoo mail works We'll need to know the exact error message. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "David" <quizzicalozzy@msn.com&...

Cannot send MSN email all of the sudden
I've used outlook express for years along with my msn email address. all of a sudden I cannot send, but receive as always. I've checked all settings and account properties. Nothing seems to have changed. The server does not support a SSL connection. Account: 'doug_df', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 OK', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D SMTP port 25, POP 3 port 995 587 is the preferred port for SMTP to avoid port 25 blocking by your ISP. But if that were the issue, y...

OE and msn email accounts
Is there a way to setup OE to check XXX@msn.com email? I know XXX@hotmail.com account can be accessed by OE but I cann't get the magic to work for msn email. Please help. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 20...

Forward MSN email to Outlook?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C3667A.A144F4C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a way to forward all of my MSN email into Outlook. --=20 Thanks for any help, Craig S. Force Design, Inc. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C3667A.A144F4C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type cont...

setting up msn email on outlook
i keep getting a message about unable to connect my aol email seems to be set up but not my msn email account "chad" <chad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A4980E5-8719-4721-80EB-74D3D3D5C7B9@microsoft.com... >i keep getting a message about unable to connect > my aol email seems to be set up but not my msn email account Post the EXACT text of the error. State your Outlook version as well. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] chad wrote: > i keep getting a message about unable to connect > my aol email seems to be set up but not my...

Where is the shared dictionary for MSN email?
I know this is not an Access issue, but found the answer here so I need to thank two people. The replys to the missing dictionary for MSN email due to Office Word 2007 from Peter Foldes and Tom Thumb of the Microsoft Access discussion group here are excellent! I wish Microsoft would have issued this information to all MSN email users months ago. I had been trying to find out an solution since January when I received my Office Pro 2007 at the Launch in Phoenix. I had actually rolled back to 2003 today out of frustration, but thought I would check just one more time for a solution bec...

Re: Forward MSN email to Outlook?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C367C2.620CACA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a way to forward all of my MSN email into Outlook. --=20 Thanks for any help, Craig S. Force Design, Inc. ------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C367C2.620CACA0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type con...

my outlook is not bringing up my msn email account
I am unable to connect my msn account to my outlook? I went in tools and followed the directions and it still insn't working Is this a paid or premium MSN email account? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Tiffany" wrote: > I am unable to connect my msn account to my outlook? I went in tools and > followed the directions and it still insn't working In what way is it not working ???? -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices ...

msn email account in outlook express
My computer crashed and I am trying to get back my msn eamil account. Every time I enter "email. pop3.msn.com" as my smtp account I get an error. What is the correct account.? well, most smtp servers aren't called pop3 :) Are you sure you have a pop3 account? MSN no longer supports pop3, except for very long term customers who never used HTTP/web access. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Ce...

MSN email acc in Outlook 2003
Hi. I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to retrieve my emails. The error: Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and it still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on...

How do I get my msn emails to come up in outlook
You can't any more unless you pay a monthly fee. "lunaestelle" wrote: > ...

How do I make my msn email work on 2003 Outlook?
Can anyone help me fill in the boxes so that my emial will work on Outlook. I bought a new hard drive and the guy didn't suggest that I write down my email setting. I saved my personal files, but it didn't save my email accounts. It worked fine before I installed the new hard drive. You have a Hotmail account? Then install the Outlook Connector and fill in your email address and password. You can download the Outlook Connector here; http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9A2279B1-DF0A-46E1-AA93-7D4870871ECF -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configurin...

Can't organize MSN emails
I have an MSN account. When i go to Outlook 2003 and try to organize the emails, the organize is greyed and it won't allow me to change it. Is there a way to do this? My husband says he can do it with Outlook Express and he loves the ability. He won't use Outlook if it doesn't do this. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not sure but I think you need to create the rules for MSN mail online using their web interface "suzhugh" <suzhugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39594E5A-B6A7-444E-B85A-79FC2A4AFA4B@microsoft.com... >I have an MSN ...

How do I set up MSN emails account to Microsoft Office?
I am having a problem setting up my MSN email account to be pulled down into Microsoft 2007. I cant seem to get the server information correct. Any help? Incoming=pop3.live.com Outgoing-smtp.live.com -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "RGM" <RGM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5C03767-6BAB-4DCF-81A4-36E801EC9CCE@microsoft.com... >I am having a problem setting up my MSN email account to be pulled down into > Microsoft 2007. I cant seem to ...

MSN Email in Outlook 2002 not synching with Pocket PC
I have setup Outlook 2002 to receive my email but it will not show up on my Pocket PC through activesync. I am assuming because the MSN Inbox folder is not the default one? Anyone have a fix for this? Not sure - try microsoft.public.pocketpc for best results with PocketPC/Activesync questions. Grantf44 wrote: > I have setup Outlook 2002 to receive my email but it will > not show up on my Pocket PC through activesync. I am > assuming because the MSN Inbox folder is not the default > one? Anyone have a fix for this? ...

I want to set up my email msn email on outlook what do I do at th.
housefinder1 <housefinder1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Ask in the body of the message. -- Brian Tillman ...

I'm LOST...Cannot figure out how to use msn email with Outlook
I am using comcast as my cable ISP.....I do not use my comcast emai address, rather use my ****@msn.com email address, however, after setting up Outlook, whenever I open it...it brings up my comcast.net email acct. How do I configure Outlook 2000 to bring up my free ****@msn.com email acct? I tried a couple of things, but am getting a box popping up asking for an acct name and password. I tried using my ****@msn.com username and password, and that didn't work. I tried my comcast.net username and password, and that didn't work. What am I missing? Thank you Dave <vaugh...