How do I make Outlook 2003 startup showing trhe Outlook Today pane?

Gurus,

How do I make Outlook 2003 startup showing the Outlook Today pane?

-- 
Spin
0
Spin (165)
3/26/2007 12:59:19 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 10 followers. Follow

13 Replies
630 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 5

Spin, you  wrote on Mon, 26 Mar 2007 07:59:19 -0500: 

> How do I make Outlook 2003 startup showing the Outlook Today pane?

Tools | Options | More (or similiar; I have no english version of
Outlook) | Advanced Options


-- 
Best Regards
Christian Goeller
http://www.outlookfaq.net
0
spam6022 (161)
3/26/2007 12:03:00 PM
Christian,

You have a great web site.  Problem is that most people here in the US can 
not read German (I guess I am one of the lucky ones...).  Do you have any 
plans of translating your web site (meaning: have a little flag(s) in the 
upper right corner that will switch things from German to English....or to 
whatever other languages)?  Or, does that thought make it pretty much too 
expensive?

Thanks,

Cary


"Christian Goeller" <spam@cs-g.net> wrote in message 
news:16osqb1e95uvb.dlg@cs-g.net...
> Spin, you  wrote on Mon, 26 Mar 2007 07:59:19 -0500:
>
>> How do I make Outlook 2003 startup showing the Outlook Today pane?
>
> Tools | Options | More (or similiar; I have no english version of
> Outlook) | Advanced Options
>
>
> -- 
> Best Regards
> Christian Goeller
> http://www.outlookfaq.net 


0
3/26/2007 12:56:22 PM
Cary W. Shultz, you  wrote on Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:56:22 -0400: 
        ^^^^^^

Do you have german forbears? "Schultz" or "Schulz" are common family
names in these parts, particulary in Germany's north. :)

> You have a great web site.  

Thank you ;-)

> Problem is that most people here in the US can not read German (I
> guess I am one of the lucky ones...). 

I know but that doesn't matter. There are many other english Outlook
sites, e.g . slipstick.com, outlook-tips.net etc. that provides very
much information about Outlook, therefore my site is absolutely needless
for those who does not understand german :). But, in case that anyone in
this newsgroup(s) should contrary to expectations understand german,
those are very welcome on my sites :).

> Do you have any plans of translating your web site (meaning: have a
> little flag(s) in the upper right corner that will switch things from
> German to English....or to whatever other languages)?  

I have not!

> Or, does that thought make it pretty much too expensive?

That's correct. I would have to translate all articles into english, but
for the reasons I mentioned above translating the sites is needless!
Also, my english is not really well to write articles that always will
be understood. Furthermore, I have no english version of Outlook so that
I am not able to describe coherent problems (and their resolutions) or
instructions  :)

-- 
Best Regards
Christian Goeller
http://www.outlookfaq.net
0
spam6022 (161)
3/26/2007 2:44:57 PM
Well Christian you're fix worked.

"Christian Goeller" <spam@cs-g.net> wrote in message 
news:1ov13f9gexe5o.dlg@cs-g.net...
> Cary W. Shultz, you  wrote on Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:56:22 -0400:
>        ^^^^^^
>
> Do you have german forbears? "Schultz" or "Schulz" are common family
> names in these parts, particulary in Germany's north. :)
>
>> You have a great web site.
>
> Thank you ;-)
>
>> Problem is that most people here in the US can not read German (I
>> guess I am one of the lucky ones...).
>
> I know but that doesn't matter. There are many other english Outlook
> sites, e.g . slipstick.com, outlook-tips.net etc. that provides very
> much information about Outlook, therefore my site is absolutely needless
> for those who does not understand german :). But, in case that anyone in
> this newsgroup(s) should contrary to expectations understand german,
> those are very welcome on my sites :).
>
>> Do you have any plans of translating your web site (meaning: have a
>> little flag(s) in the upper right corner that will switch things from
>> German to English....or to whatever other languages)?
>
> I have not!
>
>> Or, does that thought make it pretty much too expensive?
>
> That's correct. I would have to translate all articles into english, but
> for the reasons I mentioned above translating the sites is needless!
> Also, my english is not really well to write articles that always will
> be understood. Furthermore, I have no english version of Outlook so that
> I am not able to describe coherent problems (and their resolutions) or
> instructions  :)
>
> -- 
> Best Regards
> Christian Goeller
> http://www.outlookfaq.net 

0
Spin (165)
3/26/2007 6:36:55 PM
Christian,

in-line....


"Christian Goeller" <spam@cs-g.net> wrote in message 
news:1ov13f9gexe5o.dlg@cs-g.net...
> Cary W. Shultz, you  wrote on Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:56:22 -0400:
>        ^^^^^^
>
> Do you have german forbears? "Schultz" or "Schulz" are common family
> names in these parts, particulary in Germany's north. :)

Actually, no.  My relatives are from Holland (The Netherlands).  My 
Grandfather's side of the family.

>
>> You have a great web site.
>
> Thank you ;-)

You are welcome!

>
>> Problem is that most people here in the US can not read German (I
>> guess I am one of the lucky ones...).
>
> I know but that doesn't matter. There are many other english Outlook
> sites, e.g . slipstick.com, outlook-tips.net etc. that provides very
> much information about Outlook, therefore my site is absolutely needless
> for those who does not understand german :). But, in case that anyone in
> this newsgroup(s) should contrary to expectations understand german,
> those are very welcome on my sites :).
>
>> Do you have any plans of translating your web site (meaning: have a
>> little flag(s) in the upper right corner that will switch things from
>> German to English....or to whatever other languages)?
>
> I have not!
>
>> Or, does that thought make it pretty much too expensive?
>
> That's correct. I would have to translate all articles into english, but
> for the reasons I mentioned above translating the sites is needless!
> Also, my english is not really well to write articles that always will
> be understood. Furthermore, I have no english version of Outlook so that
> I am not able to describe coherent problems (and their resolutions) or
> instructions  :)

Understood.  I just like to follow those web sites that make sense to me. 
And yours is on that list.  Just that I would ask!

>
> -- 
> Best Regards
> Christian Goeller
> http://www.outlookfaq.net 


0
3/26/2007 8:31:08 PM
Cary W. Shultz, you  wrote on Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:31:08 -0400: 

> in-line....

Sorry, but I don't understand :(

> Understood.  I just like to follow those web sites that make sense to
> me. And yours is on that list.  Just that I would ask!

Thank you :)

BTW: 

I wrote that to your email address (without "nospam.") but it failed:

************************************************************************
A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

  youraddress.com
    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<youraddress.com>:
    host mail.outsourceitcorp.com [74.92.136.225]:
    550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for youraddress.com
************************************************************************


-- 
Best Regards
Christian Goeller
http://www.outlookfaq.net
0
spam6022 (161)
3/27/2007 9:44:23 AM
Spin, you  wrote on Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:36:55 -0500: 

> Well Christian you're fix worked.

Sorry, but what does that mean? :(

-- 
Best Regards
Christian Goeller
http://www.outlookfaq.net
0
spam6022 (161)
3/27/2007 10:29:17 AM
Christian,

He is saying that the suggestion that you made worked for him and that the 
problem is resolved.

Cary


"Christian Goeller" <spam@cs-g.net> wrote in message 
news:1sy18rze6uvmm$.dlg@cs-g.net...
> Spin, you  wrote on Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:36:55 -0500:
>
>> Well Christian you're fix worked.
>
> Sorry, but what does that mean? :(
>
> -- 
> Best Regards
> Christian Goeller
> http://www.outlookfaq.net 


0
3/27/2007 12:50:42 PM
Christian,

"in-line" means that I am going to respond NOT at the top of the post OR at 
the bottom of the post (as is customary...) BUT 'in-line'...or, to each 
point that you made in your post...

So, if you wrote three paragraphs - for example - I would address each 
paragraph....

Does that make sense?

Denk doch Mal an "mitten drin" - sozusagen.....


Cary

"Christian Goeller" <spam@cs-g.net> wrote in message 
news:1jfzl9ytl56k3.dlg@cs-g.net...
> Cary W. Shultz, you  wrote on Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:31:08 -0400:
>
>> in-line....
>
> Sorry, but I don't understand :(
>
>> Understood.  I just like to follow those web sites that make sense to
>> me. And yours is on that list.  Just that I would ask!
>
> Thank you :)
>
> BTW:
>
> I wrote that to your email address (without "nospam.") but it failed:
>
> ************************************************************************
> A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
>
>  youraddress.com
>    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<youraddress.com>:
>    host mail.outsourceitcorp.com [74.92.136.225]:
>    550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for youraddress.com
> ************************************************************************
>
>
> -- 
> Best Regards
> Christian Goeller
> http://www.outlookfaq.net 


0
3/27/2007 12:53:44 PM
Cary W. Shultz, you  wrote on Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:53:44 -0400: 

> Denk doch Mal an "mitten drin" - sozusagen.....

Ich hab's begriffen ;)

-- 
Best Regards
Christian Goeller
http://www.outlookfaq.net
0
spam6022 (161)
3/27/2007 3:47:32 PM
Cary W. Shultz, you  wrote on Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:50:42 -0400: 

>>> Well Christian you're fix worked

>> Sorry, but what does that mean? :(

> He is saying that the suggestion that you made worked for him and that
> the problem is resolved.

D'oh! But wouldn't it have to mean "your/yours fix worked"? In this case
I would have understood it.

I was a little confused about "you're fix" that quite means "you are",
isn't it?


-- 
Best Regards
Christian Goeller
http://www.outlookfaq.net
0
spam6022 (161)
3/27/2007 3:59:47 PM
Christian,

Yep!  In English - as you well know - there are a lot of words that sound 
the same when spoken, but are spelled differently....

To/two/too is a good example
Their/there/they're is another good example.

Unfortunately a lot of people don't pay attention (or, spellcheck goes 
wacko!).

Cary
"Christian Goeller" <spam@cs-g.net> wrote in message 
news:120oks91xybp9.dlg@cs-g.net...
> Cary W. Shultz, you  wrote on Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:50:42 -0400:
>
>>>> Well Christian you're fix worked
>
>>> Sorry, but what does that mean? :(
>
>> He is saying that the suggestion that you made worked for him and that
>> the problem is resolved.
>
> D'oh! But wouldn't it have to mean "your/yours fix worked"? In this case
> I would have understood it.
>
> I was a little confused about "you're fix" that quite means "you are",
> isn't it?
>
>
> -- 
> Best Regards
> Christian Goeller
> http://www.outlookfaq.net 


0
3/27/2007 7:02:00 PM
ausgezeichnet!

"Christian Goeller" <spam@cs-g.net> wrote in message 
news:nchlwp0p79nh$.dlg@cs-g.net...
> Cary W. Shultz, you  wrote on Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:53:44 -0400:
>
>> Denk doch Mal an "mitten drin" - sozusagen.....
>
> Ich hab's begriffen ;)
>
> -- 
> Best Regards
> Christian Goeller
> http://www.outlookfaq.net 


0
3/27/2007 7:02:26 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

show total number of items in Inbox and Sent Items
My Outlook 2002 used to show (somewhere on the bottom of the screen) the total number of items in the folder that was highlighted, if the folder was "Inbox" or "Sent Items". This was helpful because I try to keep the number of items pretty low. Somehow (updates, patches, our IT person???) this function has disappeared. Any ideas on getting it back? Thanks ...

Make Default
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi I have a script to open entourage to configure a account, although the first time round for every user the script stops due to the message in Entourage asking would you like to make entourage you default browser. <br> Anyone have a script to set this to default or any way of setting this so it never ask's ? <br><br>thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ----------------709806166701805979 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed C...

size the splitter panes
Dear members: In my program , I am using a splitter class to split the main window and i dont want to size the pains i am splitting the window into 3 parts. and the code like this CreateStatic(pParent,2,1); m_pwndSplitter = new CSplitterWnd; VERIFY(m_pwndSplitter->CreateStatic(this,1, 2,m_dwStyle, this->IdFromRowCol(1,0))); VERIFY(CreateView(0,0,m_pFirstView, m_FirstViewSize,m_pContext));((CTop*)(GetPane( 0, 0 )))->m_viewports = m_pwndSplitter; VERIFY(m_pwndSplitter->CreateView (0,0,m_pSecView,m_SecViewSize,m_pContext)); VERIFY(m_pwndSplitter->CreateView (0,1...

I am setting up newsgroup in outlook but can not find the "news" .
I was told to drag the "news" command to the category "go" to set up news group...but I can not find the command "news"......can any one help please ? Thanks clement Look in tools, customize... Then got to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No button. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours ...

Making a Pivot chart from 3 differnt sets of data / worksheets.
Hi, I have 2 workshsheets of data with a list of delivery dates of about 10 different products over the last 3 years, (i cant combine these to just 1 worksheet for other separate reasons) and a 3rd worksheet with a column of the same products and dates that some of these products became faulty and were sent back to me . On a 4th worksheet, I am trying to do a graph that looks at the 3 worksheets and plots pivot table of dates and amount of each product deliveries & returned to me. So as i select ,say, product A from that pivot list, it produces a graph for these 3 variables (dat...

why does my Outlook 2007 download pdf attachments in Word?
when PDF document attachments come into my email inbox, they are opened in Word, and consequently cannot be read unless saved to desktop and then opened with adobe - a convoluted process. It hasn't always been this way. What have i changed? You have changed the file association of pdf-files to open with Word instead of Adobe. There is no option to change this in Outlook as Outlook follows the settings you made in Windows. Which version of Windows are you using? One way to re-associate it with Adobe again is to right click on a saved pdf-file-> Open With...-> Choose ...

Outlook with Kernell errors
Whenever I try to run Outlook, I get the following error : OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff7c811. This is after I removed the programme and then re- installed it. Before I did this when I tried to open outlook it would just make my system freeze or hang. Any ideas how to get this resolved.... ??? Thanks, David ...

making a transfer show up in the budget
Hi all. I am running MS money 2006. How do I make a transfer show up in my budget? I have several liabilities and credit cards, and I would like to make a budget with the monthly amount owed to each creditor showing up in my budget. The MS Money 2006 standard program does not allow me, as far as I can tell, to make a monthly transfer to a credit card or liability show up in my budget, unless I make it a category. Any help with this is much appreciated. thanks See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=124 for the short answer. You may be more interested in "cash flow" than &qu...

Keep losing Outlook.pst File
I am running Outlook XP with all current service packs & updates installed on XP Pro PC which all works fine, except that I seem to lose my outlook.pst file every few months for no apparent reason. I have configured all autoarchiving to NO ARCHIVING so I don't think this is my problem. When I search PC for OUTLOOK.PST it ca't be found. Can anyone shed some light on how to fix or stop this happening & where the file is going. JohnT wrote: > I am running Outlook XP with all current service packs & > updates installed on XP Pro PC which all works fine, > excep...

making tickets
what is the best way to make numbered tickets using Publisher 2002? Hi lc (rconnell@numail.org), in the Microsoft Office Publisher newsgroup you posted: || what is the best way to make numbered tickets using || Publisher 2002? Check out the following link: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/numbering1.html -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. >-----Original Message----- >what is the best way to make numbered tickets using >Publi...

2000 migrate to 2003
I have a 2000 AD and Exchange 2000 site that wants to upgrade to 2003. We are planning to use new equipment for the exchange server and a file server, and reuse 4 additional servers. What is the best practice upgrade the exchange server first or the AD Doesn't make much difference, especially if you are planning to upgrade both within a short time frame. However, either way, I'd recommend to run Exchange 2003 Forestprep first. That way, if you do decide to upgrade your DC's to Windows 2003 first, you won't end up with mangled attributes. http://support.microsoft.com/def...

Opening Office 2007 files using Office 2003 suite
Hi, I am using Office 2003 Professional version. Up until recently I was able to convert and open Office 2007 files using Office 2003. I had some computer issues recently and had to reinstall some software. I reinstalled Office as well as the converter but when I click on 2007 files nothing happens. Therefore I am stuck asking everyone who sends me a file to dumb it down for me and it is a real hassle. I am not real tech savvy so anything you can do to help is appreciated. Thank you! "redskins1" <redskins1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Outlook 2003 not responding when clicking on an e-mail with attachment
Hi, I am running Outlook 2003 on Microsoft XP. After reading various posts on this same problem, I figured the problem had to do with Winfax. I have Winfax 10.02 which is the updated version for Microsoft XP. The posts hint that the problem has to do with winfax but nobody posted a solution. I need both these programs on the computer. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance - nb. See if this information helps. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "nuj baf" <nujbaf@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d38d1b37.0404081330.17195721@posting.googl...

how do I set up outlook for home use?
How do I set up my microsoft outlook e-mail for home use? Contact your ISP for your mail account settings (or import them from Outlook Express if you have it setup there.) Install your profile and account settings and you are good to go. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, dauexghouse asked: | How do I set up my microsoft outlook e-mail for home use? ...

Outlook manual Archiving
i am having difficulty manually archivng in 2003. when is select a folder and specify a date - mails will not archive - the sub/folders are created in the archive but no mails are archived any ideas? (NOte Auto archive does not suit) -- GC GC <GC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i am having difficulty manually archivng in 2003. when is select a > folder and specify a date - mails will not archive - the sub/folders > are created in the archive but no mails are archived any ideas? > (NOte Auto archive does not suit) Outlook's archiving does not use the received d...

How make a favorite for all users in Ex2007/OWA/Documents area?
I am playing around with OWA in 2007 and exploring the "documents" feature of OWA that allows users to view Windows file shares by UNC. There is the individual "add to favories" option, but does anyone know of a way to administratively specify a favorite for all users? The alternative seems to be logon as each user to setup the same favorite--surely that is not the only way? Thanks for any help! Evan ...

Custom Application performance dll : NOT working on Perfmon 2003
I have a performance dll which pulls up custom counters from my application as per the performance dll spec. It works fine with XP and shows values when invoked by perfmon. When my application is run on windows 2003 the perfmon of 2003 does not show any values. It shows "---" for values. If the same process that is running on win 2003 is monitored from a perfmon of XP it shows the right values. Any ideas as to what could be wrong. Thanks in advance ...

from eudora to ms outlook 2002
dear outlook guru's. i have just changed my mail client from eudora to outlook and imported the messages. everything was ok, except that the attachments are now seen as links to actual files in "c:\...\eudora\mail\attach" folder of eudora. is there any way i can have the actual file attached to the message, so i can forward as one file, but not having links to the file on my pc. your response is highly appreciated regards, jim ...

One use unabel to access Outlook webmail
I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with exchange. all are abole to read there mail throw outlook webmail except for one. we have tried changing her password, she is inn all the same groups as the others and she has outlook web enaboled as the other users. Any suggestion? What happens when she attempts to logon? Are there corresponding entries in the event logs? Nue "hans jacobsen" <hansjacobsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73BF4D97-67B6-4C45-9BE6-6D3DFB2AE7B6@microsoft.com... >I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with e...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$
THIS REALLY WORKS IF YOU FOLLOW THROUGH!!! MAKE MONEY!!! MAKE MONEY!!! MAKE THOUSANDS OF "$$$" !!! I found this "NETWORKING PROJECT" on a bulletin board and decided to try it: All I say is, it "WORKS". All it takes is a small INVESTMENT of your "TIME" AND "less than $10.00"! INTERESTED??? E-mail: "spotty3443@yahoo.com" for DETAILS. ...

MSBLASTER and outlook
Some of my clients with outlook 2000 can not connect to our exchange 2000 SP3 server. They keep getting "server not found" errors. This only started since the MSBlaster worm was released Monday. I assume that since Exchange requires port 135 for clients to connect, that with all the scanning by the virus on port 135 it is just bieng Denied. All the patches and virus scanners have been updated on the Xchng Server and most clients. Our firewall shows several denies a minute for port 135. Can someone at MS confirm this or are there more steps needed to remedy this problem...

hotmail in outlook express
how can I get my hotmail account to show in outlook express?? Outlook Express or Windows Mail (Vista)? Windows Mail doesn't support HTTP mail, which for a long time was the=20 only allowed access method for free Hotmail accounts. In February 2009, long after Windows Mail was finalized, Microsoft=20 enabled POP access for free Hotmail/Live/MSN accounts. Follow the settings given here: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server. Although it accepts the newer Live.com addresses, the Windows Mail=20...

Outlook 2003
Recently my boss was having problems with Outlook 2003 Reminders not working properly and after some digging I had found some mention that reminders may not work on items in sub folders, though I can't seem to find anything Official from Microsoft that documents this fact. Can anyone point me to an official Microsoft statement for this fact so I have some grounds on recommending a 3rd party solution, otherwise I will be expected to solve the problem myself without the 3rd party add- in.. and I'm guessing this will be near impossible. reminders only fire on default folders in outlo...

IE7 Install Causes Outlook Client To Fail
Hi guys, Any help with this annoying problem will be greatly appreciated. The CRM 3.0 Outlook client software has been running really well for quite some time now. Last week I upgraded a user’s machine to IE7 – which has killed the Outlook CRM client. Every time the user opens Outlook, they now receive the “Error communicating with the CRM server” error message. The system is running Outlook 2003 on XP 32-Bit, SP2. User details are stored along with the user’s computer account under network accounts. I’ve added the CRM URL to the trusted sites area and given trusted sites permission...

how do you make all incoming emails bold?
"Beth" <Beth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD76AE42-9EC9-44C8-90FB-3A0566671AC4@microsoft.com... > I could've sworn there was a message here, but when I looked the body was completely blank. Oh well, guess the poster really didn't want to ask a question. how do you make all incoming emails bold? "Vanguard (NPI)" wrote: > "Beth" <Beth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:CD76AE42-9EC9-44C8-90FB-3A0566671AC4@microsoft.com... > > > > > I could've sworn there was a messag...