How do I Import a distribution list from an email attachment

I am trying to save a distribution list from an email that someone sent me.
I don't know how to do this without having to type in all of the contacts
individually and then manually creating my own distribution list.  Is there
an easy way to do this?
0
golfgal (4)

What version of Outlook are you using?

What type of attachment is this? Excel document? Just a list of addresses in
the body of the message?

--
-Patrick Reed

"golfgal" <golfgal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to save a distribution list from an email that someone sent me.
> I don't know how to do this without having to type in all of the contacts
> individually and then manually creating my own distribution list.  Is
> there
> an easy way to do this?

Sure. :)

See http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/create/dl.asp for instructions for
just this scenario.  It uses Outlook 2007 but will work with any version
with either Word as your email editor or Word for the search and replace.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"golfgal" <golfgal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to save a distribution list from an email that someone sent
> me.
> I don't know how to do this without having to type in all of the contacts
> individually and then manually creating my own distribution list.  Is
> there
> an easy way to do this?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
11/18/2008 8:16:37 PM
Hey. Good one. Is this new?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> Sure. :)
>
> See http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/create/dl.asp for instructions for
> just this scenario.  It uses Outlook 2007 but will work with any version
> with either Word as your email editor or Word for the search and replace.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "golfgal" <golfgal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I am trying to save a distribution list from an email that someone sent
>> me.
>> I don't know how to do this without having to type in all of the contacts
>> individually and then manually creating my own distribution list.  Is
>> there
>> an easy way to do this?

0
russval1 (2100)
11/18/2008 9:52:52 PM
No, its not new to half the outlook world. Its an old Corp/Workgroup
feature. :)

--

> Hey. Good one. Is this new?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Sure. :)
>>
>> See http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/create/dl.asp for instructions for
>> just this scenario.  It uses Outlook 2007 but will work with any version
>> with either Word as your email editor or Word for the search and replace.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
>> your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>>

>> "golfgal" <golfgal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I am trying to save a distribution list from an email that someone sent
>>> me.
>>> I don't know how to do this without having to type in all of the
>>> contacts
>>> individually and then manually creating my own distribution list.  Is
>>> there
>>> an easy way to do this?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
11/18/2008 10:56:39 PM
Cool, Diane!

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4

> Sure. :)
>
> See http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/create/dl.asp for instructions for
> just this scenario.  It uses Outlook 2007 but will work with any version
> with either Word as your email editor or Word for the search and replace.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "golfgal" <golfgal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I am trying to save a distribution list from an email that someone sent
>> me.
>> I don't know how to do this without having to type in all of the contacts
>> individually and then manually creating my own distribution list.  Is
>> there
>> an easy way to do this?

0
hhh6225 (363)
11/18/2008 11:03:14 PM
No. I meant the "video tutorial." I knew the technique was old news.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> No, its not new to half the outlook world. Its an old Corp/Workgroup
> feature. :)
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hey. Good one. Is this new?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> Sure. :)
>>>
>>> See http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/create/dl.asp for instructions
>>> for just this scenario.  It uses Outlook 2007 but will work with any
>>> version with either Word as your email editor or Word for the search and
>>> replace.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips by email:
>>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>>
>>> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
>>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>>
>>> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
>>> your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>>>

>>> "golfgal" <golfgal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
russval1 (2100)
11/19/2008 1:55:11 AM
Oh. Yes, they are fairly new - I did a few videos over the last year and
made the tutorial section about 6 months ago.

--

> No. I meant the "video tutorial." I knew the technique was old news.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> No, its not new to half the outlook world. Its an old Corp/Workgroup
>> feature. :)
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
>> your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>>

>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hey. Good one. Is this new?
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message

0
outlookmvp (5838)
11/19/2008 2:19:59 AM
When last I was an Outlook MVP, Sue still owned slipstick.com. Wow. I've
missed a lot! Looks like I have quite a bit of  browsing to do...

--
-Patrick Reed

> Oh. Yes, they are fairly new - I did a few videos over the last year and
> made the tutorial section about 6 months ago.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> No. I meant the "video tutorial." I knew the technique was old news.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> No, its not new to half the outlook world. Its an old Corp/Workgroup
>>> feature. :)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips by email:
>>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>>
>>> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
>>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>>
>>> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
>>> your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>>>

>>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message

I am using outlook 2007  The attachment is an actual distribution list added
as an attachment to the email.  It is an outlook message file.

"Patrick Reed" wrote:

> What version of Outlook are you using?
>
> What type of attachment is this? Excel document? Just a list of addresses in
> the body of the message?
>
> --
> -Patrick Reed
>

> "golfgal" <golfgal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to save a distribution list from an email that someone sent me.
> > I don't know how to do this without having to type in all of the contacts
> > individually and then manually creating my own distribution list.  Is
> > there
> > an easy way to do this?

0
golfgal (4)
11/19/2008 8:20:00 PM
If that's the case, you should be able to just drag that attached DL (in
..msg format) from the message or from the folder location to which you saved
it and drop it on your Contacts folder. It won't add the individual members
of the list as contacts, but it should add the DL with the members and their
addresses.

Depending on how the creator of this list selected the members, things may
behave a bit differently. If they selected members from their existing
Contacts, you still should be able to drag and drop the DL onto your
Contacts folder. If you open the list and then try to double click a member,
Outlook will probably kick back an error and ask to remove them from the
list. Don't remove them from the list. It still should retain the display
name and e-mail address. If you then address a message to the list, select
the plus sign next to the list name to expand it. Double click on the
members and Outlook should return the display name and e-mail address for
each. You should also be able to right click each name and then add them to
your Contacts, if you want.

I'm not sure how or if this will work if the original list creator selected
members from a Microsoft Exchange address list, however. I don't have the
resources to test this right now.

--

>I am using outlook 2007  The attachment is an actual distribution list
>added
> as an attachment to the email.  It is an outlook message file.
>
> "Patrick Reed" wrote:
>
>> What version of Outlook are you using?
>>
>> What type of attachment is this? Excel document? Just a list of addresses
>> in
>> the body of the message?
>>
>> --
>> -Patrick Reed
>>

>> "golfgal" <golfgal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to save a distribution list from an email that someone sent
>> >me.
>> > I don't know how to do this without having to type in all of the
>> > contacts
>> > individually and then manually creating my own distribution list.  Is
>> > there
>> > an easy way to do this?

is it a DL? If so drag the DL to the contact folder.

If it is in message form with the names and addresses listed in rows in the
message body, copy and paste them into a DL form.
See http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/index.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"golfgal" <golfgal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using outlook 2007  The attachment is an actual distribution list
> added
> as an attachment to the email.  It is an outlook message file.
>
> "Patrick Reed" wrote:
>
>> What version of Outlook are you using?
>>
>> What type of attachment is this? Excel document? Just a list of addresses
>> in
>> the body of the message?
>>
>> --
>> -Patrick Reed
>>

>> "golfgal" <golfgal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to save a distribution list from an email that someone sent
>> >me.
>> > I don't know how to do this without having to type in all of the
>> > contacts
>> > individually and then manually creating my own distribution list.  Is
>> > there
>> > an easy way to do this?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
11/19/2008 8:56:26 PM
Sorry, I'm new here and I don't think I made myself clear - such a newbie!
Anyway - my version of outlook is 2007.  My friend sent me a distribution
list as an email attached file.  It is an actual distribution list (ie
outlook message file format) that contains a bunch of email addresses.  I
want to be able to use that same distribution list in my outlook but there
doesn't seem to be any way to save it in outlook where I can use it.  I can
save it to my documents folder but I don't know how to get outlook to
recognize it and the emails it contains without having to type in all of the
emails and then create my own distribution list.  Am I making any sense.  I
am going to try some of the tutorials suggested here to see if they help.
Thanks soooooo much for your suggestions,.
"Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I]" wrote:

> Cool, Diane!
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
> KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Sure. :)
> >
> > See http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/create/dl.asp for instructions for
> > just this scenario.  It uses Outlook 2007 but will work with any version
> > with either Word as your email editor or Word for the search and replace.
> >
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >
> > Outlook Tips by email:
> > dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >
> > EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >
> > You can access this newsgroup by visiting
> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> > newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
> >

> > "golfgal" <golfgal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> I am trying to save a distribution list from an email that someone sent
> >> me.
> >> I don't know how to do this without having to type in all of the contacts
> >> individually and then manually creating my own distribution list.  Is
> >> there
> >> an easy way to do this?

0
golfgal (4)
11/19/2008 9:00:10 PM
Ooooo!  Thanks! I will give some of these things a try and post back

"Patrick Reed" wrote:

> If that's the case, you should be able to just drag that attached DL (in
> ..msg format) from the message or from the folder location to which you saved
> it and drop it on your Contacts folder. It won't add the individual members
> of the list as contacts, but it should add the DL with the members and their
> addresses.
>
> Depending on how the creator of this list selected the members, things may
> behave a bit differently. If they selected members from their existing
> Contacts, you still should be able to drag and drop the DL onto your
> Contacts folder. If you open the list and then try to double click a member,
> Outlook will probably kick back an error and ask to remove them from the
> list. Don't remove them from the list. It still should retain the display
> name and e-mail address. If you then address a message to the list, select
> the plus sign next to the list name to expand it. Double click on the
> members and Outlook should return the display name and e-mail address for
> each. You should also be able to right click each name and then add them to
> your Contacts, if you want.
>
> I'm not sure how or if this will work if the original list creator selected
> members from a Microsoft Exchange address list, however. I don't have the
> resources to test this right now.
>
> --
> -Patrick Reed
>

> "golfgal" <golfgal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using outlook 2007  The attachment is an actual distribution list
> >added
> > as an attachment to the email.  It is an outlook message file.
> >
> > "Patrick Reed" wrote:
> >
> >> What version of Outlook are you using?
> >>
> >> What type of attachment is this? Excel document? Just a list of addresses
> >> in
> >> the body of the message?
> >>
> >> --
> >> -Patrick Reed
> >>

> >> "golfgal" <golfgal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
golfgal (4)
11/19/2008 9:02:05 PM
If the DL were truly sent as an Outlook Item, you would simply double click
to open, then Save to put it into your Contacts Folder.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

> Sorry, I'm new here and I don't think I made myself clear - such a newbie!
> Anyway - my version of outlook is 2007.  My friend sent me a distribution
> list as an email attached file.  It is an actual distribution list (ie
> outlook message file format) that contains a bunch of email addresses.  I
> want to be able to use that same distribution list in my outlook but there
> doesn't seem to be any way to save it in outlook where I can use it.  I
> can
> save it to my documents folder but I don't know how to get outlook to
> recognize it and the emails it contains without having to type in all of
> the
> emails and then create my own distribution list.  Am I making any sense.
> am going to try some of the tutorials suggested here to see if they help.
> Thanks soooooo much for your suggestions,.
> "Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I]" wrote:
>
>> Cool, Diane!
>>
>> Hal
>> --
>> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
>> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
>> http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
>> KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4
>> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>>
>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> > Sure. :)
>> >
>> > See http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/create/dl.asp for instructions
>> > for
>> > just this scenario.  It uses Outlook 2007 but will work with any
>> > version
>> > with either Word as your email editor or Word for the search and
>> > replace.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>> >
>> > Outlook Tips by email:
>> > dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>> >
>> > EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
>> > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>> >
>> > You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
>> > your
>> > newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>> >

>> > "golfgal" <golfgal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
russval1 (2100)
11/19/2008 9:20:34 PM
Everyone works for Diane now. Even Microsoft.
Nice to see you back.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Patrick Reed" <PatrickReed@stay_in_the_group.please> wrote in message
> When last I was an Outlook MVP, Sue still owned slipstick.com. Wow. I've
> missed a lot! Looks like I have quite a bit of  browsing to do...
>
> --
> -Patrick Reed
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Oh. Yes, they are fairly new - I did a few videos over the last year and
>> made the tutorial section about 6 months ago.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
>> your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>>

>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> No. I meant the "video tutorial." I knew the technique was old news.
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message

0
russval1 (2100)

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Disable attachment message
We are using Outlook 2003 and users complain of having to be prompted to open attachments it says: You should only open attachments from a trustworthy source. The option to Always ask before opening this type of file is greyed out. My question is where is this controlled from I have looked at the Outlook security settings and nothing seems to allow me to give the user a choice. Is this controlled by a group policy could not find it there either ? TIA Darryl You didn't dig deep enough. Security tab, Change auto download settings button, uncheck Don't d/l HTML...etc. Leave W...

Importing data

Send from Distribution Group
Hi, I have setup a distribution group with certain users as members of, so all emails with the email address for the dist group goes to these users. When I send from on one of the members' PCs and select the distribution group as the from field, it returns an email back saying this user 'doesnt have permission to send from this user'. I can change this sort of permission on AD users by selecting the users to allow mails to be send on behalf of, but nothing in Dist groups. If I give the user admin rights to the network then they can send from the dist group. But they cant h...

excel 97 xml import

Not Receiving Email from Some Known Senders
Hi. I just got a new home PC from Dell. I am using Outlook 2003. I am also running McAfee Security Center. I am not receiving email from some senders that I know. They are not going to my Junk Email folder or my McAfee Anti-Spam folder. One sender whose email I am not receiving is my husbands. He is getting a message back from his postmaster that says "Delivery is delayed to these recipients...This message has not been delivered. Microsoft Exchange will continue to try delivering the message on your behalf." Even he sends an email to a distribution list and I am in the ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Emailing worksheets in body
When I try to send a worksheet in the body of an email, i only gets options to mail recipient (for review) and mail recipient (as attachment), I no longer can just send an email with the worksheet in the body. How can I change this. I also just installed Adobe Professional 6.0 which has review features to it, I don't know if that affected my Excel or not. ...

How to remove odd favorites listing on address bar?
On the far right of the address bar (Explorer 8), is a down-pointing arrow which when clicked, lists recent browsing history, and then (on my computer) a very incomplete list of my favorite sites. Is there a way to delete or edit this outdated and incomplete list of favorites? My computer automatically deletes the history when I sign out of Windows, but that darn favs list remains. Thanks for your assistance. OptionA: Menu--.tools-->InternetOptions-->Delete-->uncheck checkbox which says "Preserve favorites Data" OptionB: In your WindowsExplorer...

Importing Dynamic data

outlook attachment question
she attaches a file, it automatically is inserted in the body, as opposed to being an attachment Switch to HTML or Plain Text format; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "nat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2015401c45872$8ac3cba0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > she attaches a file, it automatically is inserted in the > body, as opposed to being an attachment ...

Importing a CSV file

Enter a list of numbers
I'm having a bad day. I want for my users to be able to enter a list of numbers. The numbers will be 6 digits, no alphas. But i don't know how many numbers will be entered, from 1 to 20 ish. They are to be stored with the rest of the details on the form. What would be the best way to do this? 1 field on the form if so what sort text or list box with no row source, or a linked subform? What format restrictions can I put on the entry to ensure they only enter numbers? Thanks in advance Dean Dean, If you do not know the amount of numbers to be entered then I would use a linked Ta...

archiving emails #2
Hi, When I archive my emails, I find that attachments are also being archive with the emails. Is there a way which allows me to only archive the email and not its attachments? thanks In news:1134832411.359443.45580@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Lynn <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> typed: > Hi, > When I archive my emails, I find that attachments are also being > archive with the emails. > Is there a way which allows me to only archive the email and not its > attachments? > > thanks The attachments are part of the messages, so, no. What is it you wish to do, exactly? ...

Make a complete list of words from texts in a range
Hey guys - again :) My challenge today is as follow: Sheet = "TEXT" In column A i have several celles with texts/comments - words/ sentences I want to split all the texts into singel words and make a word-list of all used words of this column A - and copy the words into a new sheet (sheet = "WORDS") column A as my complete word-list. I have no idea of how to do this. After producing this word-list I will remove the doublettes and sort it - this of course I CAN do bmy own "skills". Will anyone please help me? Kindly regards Snoopy On Fri, 27 ...

Setting up own block list (e2k3)
hello all, tried to create my own block list for exchange 2003 but i got an error. using telnet on port 25 ##### 220 xion.hybrid.intra Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.0 ready ... helo 250 xion.hybrid.intra Hello [192.168.0.2] mail from:spam@spam.com 250 2.1.0 spam@spam.com....Sender OK rcpt to:support 421 4.1.0 Dropping connection due to an error on this server Connection to host lost. ##### everything runs fine when i disable my connection filtering rule. someone an idea ? tia ...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

I Open email, hit Reply and it sends several emails with no message.
Hello, I open my email, hit Reply and before I can write anything it sends the email out with no message. Usually this happens twice and the third time it will wait until I write the message and click Send. I'm sure it's annoying to the person receiving this. Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks!!! -- tms Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com Are you hitting Alt-S ? That will send the email. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "tms" wrote in message news:tms.4e5n4e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... ...

external email allow to relay by IP
in exchange 2003 i had rules on the smtp connector to allow relay for a few IPs (mainly to allow a few external users with static IPS, to use the server to send and receive email) where's this option in 2007 ? -mark On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:13:23 -0000, "luna" <luna_s@themoon.com> wrote: >in exchange 2003 i had rules on the smtp connector to allow relay for a few >IPs (mainly to allow a few external users with static IPS, to use the server >to send and receive email) > >where's this option in 2007 ? > >-mark > http://msexchangeteam.com/a...

Saving Emails #4
How do you save emails, if you know your computer is fixing to go kaput! Click on File, Export and create a .pst file copying all subdirectories. Save it to CD if possible and it can be imortered onto a new computer... BB >-----Original Message----- >How do you save emails, if you know your computer is >fixing to go kaput! >. > Better yet, if the original poster is already using a .PST file, he can copy the file to a safe location, then copy it to his new hard drive or computer and re-use it in Outlook there. No need to import and export, and in fact doing so can cause...

Attaching to secured Access data source via Excel
I have a password secured Access 97/2000 database that I'm trying to attach to via Excel 97/2000 to make pivot tables, but I can't use any of the database's objects as a data source, at least no way that I'm aware. I'm assuming that's caused by Access requiring me to be part of a particular workgroup (system.mdw) and logged in as a certain user. Am I correct in the assumption that attaching to an secured Access data source is impossible in Excel? (BTW, making pivot tables using non-secured Access data sources is no problem.) ...