news:24D1A3C2-FA42-4F3B-91A6-D11022141C7A@microsoft.com...

0
BillR9171 (440)
7/31/2007 9:37:19 AM
"ea" wrote in message
news:24D1A3C2-FA42-4F3B-91A6-D11022141C7A@microsoft.com...

(completely blank body)

How do you have the recall button ... do WHAT?  You use an incomplete
sentence in the Subject.  You use the Subject as the only content of
your message when it is supposed to be a synopsis.  You post a
completely blank body in your post.  You haven't asked anything or
provided any details.  Is this how you ask your teacher or coworker a
question?

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

vanguard.x (49)
7/31/2007 6:01:53 PM
FWIW, the recall button works only with Exchange server and then, not very
well.
http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2006/up061130.htm#recall

Suggestion to reduce the need for recall:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20070508.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"ea" <ea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Option Button Question
Hello, I am designing a simple form to acquire a data. I have following table for which I am designing a form. Table Name: tblSecurities Market: Text Security: Text SecurityDescription: Text The market column can have values CAN or US only and I would like to have option buttons for this column. The problem is the value of the option button can be numeric and I have values as Text. Is it possible to map option button to a column of a table having text values. Nimish Hi Nimish, You have two alternatives: 1.) Use a Value List that includes the following propert...

how do i have the recall button?
Where? When? In what? I can't recall. -- Bill R MVP "ea" <ea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24D1A3C2-FA42-4F3B-91A6-D11022141C7A@microsoft.com... > "ea" wrote in message news:24D1A3C2-FA42-4F3B-91A6-D11022141C7A@microsoft.com... > (completely blank body) How do you have the recall button ... do WHAT? You use an incomplete sentence in the Subject. You use the Subject as the only content of your message when it is supposed to be a synopsis. You post a completely blank body in your post. You haven't asked anything or pro...

Send button grayed out.
Hello, I support a brand new MacBook Pro 15" unibody. It came with Snow Leopard. We used Migration Assistant to pull over all of the user's files and applications. After that, the system was having alot of buggy issues so we reinstalled the OS. That cleared up all of the issues except Entourage 2008 issues. Entourage connects fine and the user receives new emails and for a while can send and reply to emails. But after a little while (we can't find a pattern) her Send button grays out and she can't send anything. She can hit reply but she can't send the reply. Sh...

WHERE IS MY SEND BUTTON TO SEND THE E-MAIL in outlook
I cannot locate the send button in Outlook. First time user. Configure a mail account. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "GeorgeJ" <GeorgeJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E51CD6D-5E56-4F9B-9A37-8C0C1256799D@microsoft.com... >I cannot locate the send button in Outlook. First time user. > >-----Original Message----- >I cannot locate the send button in Outlook. First time user. > >. >The F9 key will send and receive all mail. If it's an individual message, the send key is at the top of the message you just wrote. Otherwise...

problem with accessing toolbar button
I want to have a toolbar button pressed state pwhen I choose a menu item, so I add to the handler function of the menu item in mainframe: CToolBarCtrl tbCtrl = m_wndToolBar.GetToolBarCtrl(); tbCtrl.PressButton(ID_MYBUTTON, 1); I get the following error at compile time: Error 1 error C2248: 'CObject::CObject' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CObject' c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\atlmfc\include\afxwin.h 1814 Obviously, I can't access the toolbar button with this approach, so how should I write it to get the button pressed? >I want to...

Message Recall will not process recalls automatically from users mailbox
I just ran into a strange issue with Outlook's Message Recall system. It would appear that message recall is controlled by Outlook not Exchange. I had a situation where an executive replied to all on a message and needed to recall that message. It seems that it recalled the message for some Exchange users but not all. And, the ones it didn't recall, they were still able to read the message as long as they opened it first before they open the recall message which caused the recall to fail and the users were able to see the message. Is there anyway to set up message reca...

A button on the page
How do I make a button on my page that if I click it will put today's date in the cell I want? I am using excel 2007. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Less Spam Better enjoyable experience Visit : news://spacesst.com Hi, I would prefer using the shortcut key Ctrl+; (control semi-colon) 1. First you need to add the Developer tab - press Alt+1, on the Popular tab turn on the Developer tab in the ribbon. 2. On the developer tab choose Insert, Command Button and then click in the sheet where you want the button 3. Double-click the button...

convert a recalled quote into a layaway
store operations let you convert for a quote into a layaway and a layaway into a quote, but once you save that quote, store operations can not do it again with the same quote once you save it and recall it. since many goods are by default especial order or expensive items layaways over saved quotes are something necessary in multiple vertical markets ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, f...

Why is "image and text" option grayed out for some buttons in the customization?
It so happens that the most frequently used buttons on the tool bar are the up-arrow and down-arrow (the ones that move to the next/previous item). As I tried to assign short-cut key to them, however, i found that the "image and text" option is grayed out - for that matter, all other display options are grayed out - when you go into customization mode. Why is "image and text" option unavailable for some buttons? ...

Recall
Using Outlook 2002 with Windows XP 2002. I have sent a message. Tried to recall the message. The recipient gets the first message, then the recall message. She is able to open the first message - then I get a recall failure. This is supposed to be simple to do. Is this a bug? PMS. Message recall really doesn't work worth a ____. It requires a very specific set of circumstances to be in place - I have seen it fail about 99% of the time. I wouldn't bother with it.... PMS wrote: > Using Outlook 2002 with Windows XP 2002. I have sent a > message. Tried to recall the message. T...

CTreeCtrl move + button to the right
Hello everybody, I created a CTreeCtrl and I'd like to move the expand button to the right. here's my code CTreeCtrl tree; tree->Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | WS_TABSTOP | TVS_HASLINES | TVS_HASBUTTONS | TVS_LINESATROOT | TVS_SINGLEEXPAND | TVS_SHOWSELALWAYS | TVS_TRACKSELECT, CRect(10, 10, 200, 240), this, 0x1221); HTREEITEM hTree, hText; hTree = tree->InsertItem("Root", TVI_ROOT); hCompany = tree->InsertItem("Ite...

Option Button is Doubling
When I tab through a form in excel the option button is showing double? Like it is layering a copy of itself over... it only does it on some of the option buttons and not all of them. ...

Outlook 2003
Hi all, I have tired to get the News button under the Go menu in Outlook 2003, but it is not there. Does anybody have any idea what could of happend to this? Kevin Kevin Long schrieb am 16.01.2005 14:16: Hello Kevin, > I have tired to get the News button under the Go menu in Outlook 2003, but > it is not there. Does anybody have any idea what could of happend to this? Control Panel | Internetoptions | Porgrams Ensure that under /Newsgroups/ your Newsreader is selected. If not, do it! After doing that the button News is available again under the Go menu! If not, it should put t...

Toolbar button to evoke a custom view ?
Outlook Experts, do you know if is it possible to add a button to a toolbar which would evoke a custom view ? For example, I created a view which only shows email from "John" and called the view "FromJohn". Is there a way I can have a toolbar button named "FromJohn" that when clicked would evoke that view (i.e. only show emails from John)? I know I can use the Current View pulldown menu but I have dozens of customized views. I would like a simple button for convenience. That's one of the simpler things you can do with Outlook VBA. Try a = macro like this:=...

Cant recall messages on Exchange 2003 Server
Guys, Is there any reason why I cant recall messages from our Exchange Server? We've been trying to recall messages and its not working for both Outlook configurations on POP3 and MAPI. Please what could be the cause. Regards, -- Buchi Hi Buschi, The Exchange/Outlook message recall feature only works with Outlook 2003 configured in Exchange Server Mode. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B412FDD5-05B4-4F46-B677-66BA75E3D72F@microsoft.c...

Using button for changing activex property???
Hi! I am making an ActiveX using VisualStudio2003, VCC+ and MFC. I have added a button control onto the propertypage and added some code to the event handler function of the button. This function forms a CString object that should be used as a property value of the ActiveX control that is also saved just like other properties of the activex. So far I have managed to make other kinds of properties using other controls to work, but I can't figure out how to do it when using a button that executes a event handler function which in turn forms a CString object to be saved as a property....

How do I get the "repeat" button on a toolbar?
In Excel, when formatting or performing other functions, the "redo" option changes to a "repeat" option. In an earlier version of Excel I was able to create this repeat option as a button in a custom toolbar. In Excel 2002, I have not been able to figure out how I had done that. First, I like to use F4 (or ctrl-y) to repeat my last repeatable action. I find it quicker than the mouse. But you could drag that option from the Edit dropdown and put it on any toolbar you like (even a new custom toolbar). Tools|customize|toolbars tab (create a new toolbar if you want) B...

Message Recall Failure
Hi, We have several machines in running Outlook 98 and Outlook 2000 SR-1. Normally once the recipient receives the orig msg and the recall msg while he is online, the orig msg should go by itself as well as the recall msg. There is no need to open the recall msg just to get the orig msg back. But in our case, it does not work. When an Outlook 98 user sends and recalls a message to another Outlook 98 user, the recipient sees those orig and recall msg sitting on his inbox and no automatic recall happens. Once he opens the orig msg, the sender receives a recall failure. But if he o...

display text with button
I have multiple buttons and one text field (unbound). What I want to do is when user click on the button. It will display a message in the unbound text field. ie. My first button is Product and when the user click on the product button to open the product tab control the unbound text field will show Product. When the user click another button label Milk, the unboud text will show only Milk. Thanks. ...

Cell as Button
I can add a button to my sheet, but it seems to float over the cells. Can I add a button so that it is in a cell? Or, alternatively, change a cell so that it looks and behaves like a button? Thanks Keyser, Presumably, you want clicking the cell to activate some macro code. You can use the Selection_Change event to make any cell act as a button. This goes in a sheet module: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Range("MyRange"), Target) Is Nothing Then ''' put your code here, or a call to it. End If End Sub The best yo...

No page navigation buttons
My page navigation buttons have disappeared in MS Publisher 2007. Can someone please tell me how to get them back? Go here, you need to do the registry fix for the page sorter. It is the sixth FAQ http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "resta" <resta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FABC575-0232-415C-9029-B22792B3098F@microsoft.com... > My page navigation buttons have disappeared in MS Publisher 2007. Can someone > please tell me how to g...

Command button reading a cell
Hello, I have a command button that will populate in the worksheet call "Data" in column A2 and up to 30 or more rows depending upon the workbook "Dept_Sch001 second row will be "Dept_Sch002 and so on.. I like to prevent the user to press the command button a second time. What I want to have is if column A2 already contains the prefix "Dept_" an error message will appear saying column A2 already have the prefix "Dept_". and stop. I just want to prevent the user pressing the command button a second time and not have my coding populating A2 and ...

invisible button
Guys, New challange. How to make particular button invisible if it meet certain criteria (eg. result of a function is 3 then... ) Waiting for Your help (macro) th -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com > Waiting for Your help (macro) In the worksheet module, Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Range("B2").Value = 3 Then CommandButton1.Visible = False Else CommandButton1.Visible = True End If End Sub Rgds, Andy Try this.Sub hideshapetruefalse() If Range("a3") > 3 Then x = msoFalse Else x = msoTrue End If ActiveSheet.Shapes("...

add button on pivot chart
I would like to add a button on the pivot chart sheet, but control tool bar disable all the controls. Does pivot chart support to put controls on the sheet? Your information is great appreciated, Hi, You can not use controls from the Control Toolbox on charts or chartobjects. You have to use the Forms toolbar instead and assign a macro to the OnAction property. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Souris" <Souris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59E42BBB-BFEB-4280-9C0D-4C47FCCD20FF@microsoft.com... >I would lik...

Why it crashed when click the Button second time
Hi, Attached is the project. 1. I have a MFC DLL which has a exported function GetContent, in this function, it create a new CHTTPProxySocket(base class is CAsyncSocketEx) object. 2. An exe file will invoke the GetContent function. 3. The function work normally first, but after I add CHTTPProxySocket and CAsyncSocketEx related file into the exe project, then compile again, this time when click the Button SECOND time, the program will crash! 4. I found it's caused by the CHTTPProxySocket, CAsyncSocketEx class destructor hasn't executed, I have add a break point and a messagebox at ...