How do I get started with Outlook?

I am trying to use outlook and I just can't get it to work. I put in an
e-mail address and all that but whenever I go to send an e-mail it
automatically goes to my outbox. What am I doing wrong?

"LauraAshly" <LauraAshly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to use outlook and I just can't get it to work. I put in an
> e-mail address and all that but whenever I go to send an e-mail it
> automatically goes to my outbox. What am I doing wrong?

When you  say "I put in an  e-mail address and all that" do you mean that
you set up an Email Account? Did you try the Test Settings option?

0
gordon7598 (483)
9/3/2006 8:08:54 PM
In order for us to help you we would need more info. What version of
Outlook are you using? For what sort of email address do you what to
configure your outlook (hotmail, gmail, yahoo, ...)?

CreloX

LauraAshly wrote:
> I am trying to use outlook and I just can't get it to work. I put in an
> e-mail address and all that but whenever I go to send an e-mail it
> automatically goes to my outbox. What am I doing wrong?

0
crelox1 (2)

Outlook 2003 and junkmail and rules
the outlook 2003 junkmail filter worked well until i added a simple rule to move all incoming messages for my 2nd email account to a folder. the spam addressed to that email account remains in the folder i specified. i could not find any way to configure the junkmail filter to make it function properly. it appears that all my new messages must remain in the inbox folder for the junk mail filter to be effective. ...

Using Outlook Custom Forms through OWA
Hi all, Is there any way to implement this? We have an Exchange 2003 server with Sp2. Users out of office hope to use outlook custom forms through OWA. Can this be done? ...

Outlook 2003 error #16
My PC crashed last night, and when I restarted it, Outlook 2003 gave an error message that the personal folders had been improperly terminated, and it was trying to recover. That message disappeared after a few seconds, and a normal-looking Outlook window came up. But now, when I try to send/recieve email, I get the error message: Task 'Verizon Main - Receiving' reported error (0x80040600) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040600' Is there a way to recover Outlook without losing the inbox, which contains numerous unread emails? Running Vista Home Premium edition. In the first in...

Very strange problem with Outlook folders
I recently spent a whole lot of time going through the 750+ messages in my inbox and sorting them into 5 folders: two for retention (long term, short term) and three for response (high priority, medium priority and low priority). Of course I deleted some of them as well. The two retention folders pre-existed this process, but the three response folders were created at this time. A few weeks after completing all that work, I was keeping my inbox nice and small (<20 messages) by moving them into those 5 folders as I received them. I was logged onto the network (I use a laptop and I trave...

Problems Launching Outlook (2002)
When I launch Outlook...it seems to freeze up on me. Takes several minutes to load....once loaded I can send & receive e-mails w/ out problem. However, the launching is driving me nuts...my in/out server settings are correct.....Any suggestions? Thanks for any assistance... Steve Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls...

A Crystal Beginner

Outlook Activation/PDA outlook version
Microsoft will not fully activate a OUTLOOK program that came with my Toshiba PDA, they say "cannot activate due to already activated on another machine", I deleated the program on the machine they mention however still dosent activate. Trying to work through Microsoft they wont help cause Toshiba sold me that version. if so how can microsoft limit my outlook and not answer my qustion. ...

I can not open doc file attachments from outlook express 6.0
I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 Error message - There is not enough memory to open file All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine I have already increased my paging memory. >-----Original Message----- >I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 >Error message - There is not enough memory to open file >All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine=20 >I have already increased my paging memory. >. > These Newsgroups address Office Outlook issues. Outlook Express gurus hang out here: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/def...

Get paid while you get online!!

Why isn't Outlook downloading all messages
I'm running Outlook 2007 on a Windows Vista 64bit machine with 8GBs of Ram. I've been noticing that Outlook doesn't always download all messages from my ISP. It will download 95% of them, but then it leaves some messages on the server. I can see them if I log into my webmail, but OUtlook doesn't download them. If I restart Outlook, it will see them and download. Is this a common problem? Do I need to reinstall? Jason, Once again, your ISP may have a limit that you are exceeding. "Jason Klein" <JasonKlein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Outlook won't close
I'm running Outlook2000 under WinXP and when I close Outlook it either hangs in memoey and continues to run or the mail icon stays up in the taskbar. I then have to open the task manager and kill it there. I've installed the latest Office service packs and searched the knowlege base but cannot find a similar problem posted. I believe I've had this problem as far back as the Win98 days. Anyone have an idea how i can fix this? I'm betting it's just taking so long you're assuming it's locked when it's simply taking a long time. I assume when you close it i...

sale for outlook
crating a task in sales for outlook client using the CRM task button only makes a task in outlook folder, and does not make a crm task. but in the oulook folder its classified as a crm task. Any help would be Appriciated . outlook 2002. arggg ...

Converting Outlook files #2
Hi, In a magazine article that I read, it said that when moving from Outlook 2002 or earlier to Outlook 2003, you should convert the file to the new format that is found in 2003, but how can I do that BTW. I don't want to loose all of the documents and setting that are already associated with the current file -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin In Outlook 2003, File->New->Outlook Data File->Type->Personal Folders File. Do not select the 97-2002 format. Then drag and drop your folders from the old to the new. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Scaling XY charts with suppressed starting value
The autoscaling feature of the Excel graphing function seems to have (limited) mind of its own. I'm trying to graph Y-values in the -1.5 t 1.5 range and X-values from 190 to 410 with the minimum from 190 to 29 and the max value from 290 to 410. The autoscaling of Y works fine, but the X-axis always start at 0 while the high value properly sets the maximum. Of course, I could fi the minimum at 190, but that is not what I had in mind. Does anyone know how to overcome this limitation without using a macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Per - You need to make an XY Sca...

New to Outlook, but have a capitalization problem?
Hey all... just moved to Outlook from OE, and now find that when I type an email in HTML format, and it ENTER to break a line by choice, that the first letter in that new line is always capitalized. where can I turn that "OFF?" so that the flow is normal looking? Jim Which version of outlook? It's an autocorrect options under spell check. You can either disable it or press ctrl+z to undo it after it capitalizes. Why not just type and let outlook break the lines? I (for one) find it very annoying when people break lines on their own - the lines are weird lengths or are ve...

How do I get??

outlook express address book #4
Getting new computer and want everything in my address book to move to new computer. Besides email address I also have other info like people's home addresses and phone numbers and birth dates. How do I get those all to go to my new computer. I really don't want to have to retype them all. copy the .dbx file to the new machine. You will find several. Also, please note, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress f...