How do I force Outlook 2007 to connect to the server?

I am running Outlook 2007 and am on a trip connected to the internet in the
hotel and to my company's network via VPN.  When i open Outlook, it shows
that it is working offline and I cannot find a way to change it.  I've
checked the email settings and it seems to find the server just fine, but
will not change from being "offline."

WTF?

Within OL, File>Offline?

"Tom S." <Tom S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Outlook 2007 and am on a trip connected to the internet in the
> hotel and to my company's network via VPN.  When i open Outlook, it shows
> that it is working offline and I cannot find a way to change it.  I've
> checked the email settings and it seems to find the server just fine, but
> will not change from being "offline."
>
> WTF?

0
notvalid5776 (249)

Upgrading Schedule + to Outlook
Does Microsoft have a Knowledge article on this process and what is the "Q" number. Or, does anyone have the instructions on how to perform this upgrade. Thanks, Joe Install Outlook - use File-Import-From another program-Schedule +. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Joe asked: | Does Microsoft have a Knowledge article on this process | and ...

Duplicate entries in Outlook 2003
For some reason all my calendar entries in Outlook seem to either duplicated or are showing twice. Is there an easy way I can run a clean-up? Thanks. "Trent SC" <invalid@bogoff.invalid> wrote in message news:ORPCULy3HHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > For some reason all my calendar entries in Outlook seem to either > duplicated or are showing twice. Is there an easy way I can run a > clean-up? If a set of duplicates was created by a single action (like, for instance, syncing with a PDA) then the LastModificationTime values for the duplicates should all b...

Printing from Outlook #2
We use Windows 2000 and Microsoft Office 2002. One person in our network (Windows NT) cannot print from the internet or from Outlook if the message comes in in HTML. He can copy things from the net, paste them to Word and then print. He can convert a message from HTML to plain text and it will print. Is there a setting somewhere that keeps HTML content from going to a printer? Any suggestions would be appreciated as our network guy just says it's a problem with the building -- but it hasn't always had this problem, and nobody else has the problem. Marty can this person print fr...

Exchange 2000 (SBS) and Outlook 2003?
Hi, Are there any known issues with trying to set server side rules (a forwarding rule) with Outlook 2003 when using Exchange 2000 SBS? I have enabled envelope journaling and everything looks great as long as I don't try and forward the journaled message outside of my org, as soon as I do that the message loops. I figure this is due to the fact that the forward is in actuality a sent message but that shouldn't be the case as this does not happen with Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003. My setup is a E2K SBS box, evelope journaling enabled and working internally, a rule setup s...

Is that a bug in Excel 2007 ? Wrong automatic range for negative v
Hello, I am building XY charts of coordinates (in decimal degrees) in Excel , to show a GPS track. When the coordinates values are negative, I have no problem with Excel 2000 or 2003, the automatic range for X and Y axis is defined correctly, and I can see my track perfectly. With Excel 2007 and negative coordinates values, the automatic range selected by Excel for the axis is much too large, and my GPS track is showed as a few dots at the center of the chart. The values of MinimumRange and MaximumRange are not coherent with the value of MajorUnit. Here is an example of a dataset tha...

how to setup outlook
How do I set up outlook as my default email instead of outlook express I'm in mail account properties and I'm lost please help. This can be done in Control Panel > Internet Options > Program Tab "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19cbc01c44dc4$0c085d20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I set up outlook as my default email instead of > outlook express I'm in mail account properties and I'm > lost please help. ...

Server copies of mail are deleted
I upgraded from Outlook 2003 to 2007 and now all my sever copies of e-mails are deleted, they were not with 2003. Where's the tick box \ setting to stop server side deletions once mail is downloaded?? Constructive assisstance appreciated!! It's in tools, account settings, open the account and click more settings - advanced tab. See http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/more/settings.htm if you need help finding it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook T...

Outlook talks after 2007 SP1!
I just installed the Office 2007 SP1 on my Vista machine and suddenly it's talking to me! Every time I start Outlook 2007, it speaks aloud, "You have 444 unread mails" (or whatever number). Instead of the gentle tone for new mail, I get the disembodied voice. I've checked Outlook Options and the Control Panel's Ease of Access (Narrator is OFF!) and Sound Options, but can't find where to turn it off. How do I turn off the screenreader? is that a Toshiba computer? http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20051214.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author...

Outlook '03 Link Problem
When I copy & paste a link into an Outlook 2003 e-mail, it doesn't appear as a link (highlighted blue and underlined.) On the other hand, if I manually type an e-mail address or link into a e-mail, it appears as a link (highlighted blue and underlined.) Can someone give me some direction on how to correct this problem? Perplexed.....Keith I'd try making sure you're not highlighting/copying anything more than just the link. No extra spaces or hard returns at the end. I'd also suggest that you check out the behavior using different email editors. In other words...

Switching from Outlook Express to Outlook #2
When I try to set up my new mail account in Outlook (I have an @sbcglobal.net account), it doesn't accept the password I enter. I have already verified with sbcglobal that I'm using the correct password. Anyone have an idea what the problem could be? Version of Outlook? Version of Windows? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRI...

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

Can't access outlook after downloading trial version
I downloaded a trial version of microsoft office 2007 and I don't see any way I can access the 2007 version of Outlook. HELP!! Did you uninstall the old version of outlook first? Because only one version can be installed at once, the installation won't install outlook trial if its already installed. . -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook ...

Outlook express 6.0
Got message "do you want to compact files". I hit yes, it started, then froze. File folder's are still intact, but most emails are no longer saved. Any idea how to retrieve? The two most common reasons for what you describe is disruption of the compacting process, (never touch anything until it's finished), or bloated folders. More on that below. Why does OE insist on compacting folders when I close it?: http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/why.htm#compact Why Mail Disappears: http://www.insideoe.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone About File Corruption: http://...

database connection error
I have my batabase and POS on the same machine as my operation is very small. I find that when the network cable is unpluged i get a database connection error. Can someone explain why that happens if the POS is pointing to the database that is on the same machine and not over a network? Set SO Administrator - File - Configuration - Servername to: (local) instead of your ip address or computer name. This may also be an issue with your SQL server client network utility. "Andaiye" wrote: > I have my batabase and POS on the same machine as my operation is very small. ...

Outlook Rules Stop Working
We are running Exchange 2003 (on a Server 2003) and Outlook 2003 with about 125 users. All of our rules in Outlook used to work automatically until the past weekend after we did a restore of a bunch of message files into the mailboxes on the Exchange server using Veritas Backupexec. Since then, the rules will work if the sender has an account on our Exchange server or if we manually execute them. If the message is from outside of our organization, then it doesn't matter if the rule is looking for a specific sender or words in the subject/message body, it will not fire. I noticed...

Outlook error #10
Hi, i am having a bit of a problem with outlook and NAI Epolicy Agent version 2.5.1. It seems that when the agent updates the dat files (that is the agent that updates Viruscan automatically), it makes outlook crash on certain user computers. I am not sure if the problem is related to the agent itself of with outlook but i am taking my chances in asking you guys and girls if you ever encountered a similar problem. First thing i notoced is that certain computers where not upgraded to the epolicy SP1 version. In most cases it fixed the users problem with outlook but on certain machine...

Outlook Live #8
I'm already an MSN Premium account user and this morning, reading a bit about one of the special offers--discounted Outlook Live--I decided to give it a try and, after having my credit card billed of course, began the download/installation procedure. The second or third page gave me the option of "typical" or "custom" installation with typical being selected by default. I noticed the "install now" box wasn't highlighted or bolded--I mean it wasn't possible to click it and have anything happen--so I thought, perhaps I should select "cust...

Problems in Client/Server Implementation of an MFC application
Dear All, I am doing a project , which is an MFC application (MDI) .. Now its a standalone application with MS Access as the "Back end". I have used ADO to made the connection. Now I want to make this application to work for several clients at the same time . I also want this application to communicate with 3 different types of Database . 1) MySQL 2) MS SQL Server 3) Oracle My application should connect with any of the above DB , without making any problem.. Can I make a general implementation by using ADO ? What ...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

How do I change the scale (extend) the X axis in Excel 2007?
One of many questions under the new Office 2007. Trying to reproduce the old behavior some way. In Excel 2003... rioght click on X axis --> select Format Axis --> change value in "Maximum" field --> Bingo. Chart has new scale (extended with dates for another year) If I can't do this in Excel 2007, I just need to know so I can find/buy other software. Hi, In 2007: Right-click the axis and choose Format Axis, then click Fixed to the right of Maximum on the Axis Options tab and enter a new Maximum value -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Sha...

sync. multiple copies of outlook 2002
How can I sync. email, tasks etc. between multiple copies of outlook 2002 I.E. between laptop and desktop? Thanks Hello Chris, Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm or at my signature. Thomas Wetzel Outlook synchronization for mobile users www.synchpst.com ...

Force quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Closing Word get error message &quot;A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted&quot; Am then required to use force quit. Anybody have solution? Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated. If they are & you still encounter the problem, crashing on Quit is usually the result of one of theses causes: Need to repair disk permissions Damaged preference files Corrupt Normal.dotm template See this page for the respective links in t...

Outlook #175
At one time I could send mail "on behalf of..." However, now I can't remember how to do that. Nvermind - I figured it out. >-----Original Message----- >At one time I could send mail "on behalf of..." However, >now I can't remember how to do that. >. > ...

Outlook to mail merge
Help - I'm trying to merge my contacts to labels but the zip code does not show up on the finished product. The merge recognizes the "address block", not the zip. Don't use the address block - enter the fields for the address individually. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.ou...

Outlook Resource Permissions
I have three conference rooms setup as resources and they are set to auto accept, auto delete, and auto decline conflicts. This works great, but I want to make it so anyone can auto book the rooms, but not be able to read what others have booked. I want the users to see that the room is booked, but they wouldn't be able to see who or why the room is booked while still preserving the ability to book the room for themselves if its open. Is this possible? With Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007 or later, you can set the permissions to Free/Busy time only. Otherwise, restri...