How do I fix this so I can view my attachments?

I can't view my attachment.

I found the following topic in help but it doesn't give me
way to fix this so I can view my attachments?

I anivirus protection I don't need this feature from
outlook.

Please advise

I see a paperclip next to a message, but when I open it,
the attachment is gone.
You may have received a message that contains a level 1 e-
mail security attachment file type. To prevent the
inadvertent spread of viruses, Microsoft Outlook checks
the file type of each attachment in a received message
against the file types on the e-mail security attachment
file type list. If an attachment is a file type that can
contain code that can run without warning, you cannot see
or access the attachment. Check the InfoBar at the top of
the message, to see the name of the file attachment you
are unable to access. If you are using Preview Pane, you
will need to open the message to see the InfoBar.

0
bob352 (1)

See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm

However, note that as a lot of the admins who run mail servers and firewalls
are starting to block exe and other potentially dangerous file types (for
good reason), you should ask senders to zip the files before sending them to
you. Scanners may still block them if they are smart enough to detect the
file in the zip, but the chances of them getting through are higher.

Bob wrote:
> I can't view my attachment.
>
> I found the following topic in help but it doesn't give me
> way to fix this so I can view my attachments?
>
> I anivirus protection I don't need this feature from
> outlook.
>
> Please advise
>
> I see a paperclip next to a message, but when I open it,
> the attachment is gone.
> You may have received a message that contains a level 1 e-
> mail security attachment file type. To prevent the
> inadvertent spread of viruses, Microsoft Outlook checks
> the file type of each attachment in a received message
> against the file types on the e-mail security attachment
> file type list. If an attachment is a file type that can
> contain code that can run without warning, you cannot see
> or access the attachment. Check the InfoBar at the top of
> the message, to see the name of the file attachment you
> are unable to access. If you are using Preview Pane, you
> will need to open the message to see the InfoBar.

0
lanwench (7567)

Can't import from OE to O2K
I have read the Knowledge Base KB290860 - same subject but does not solve the problem. The message is "The mail folder could not be opened. If another app is using the folder, please close it and try again." Of courese, there is no other app using the folder. This is so frustrating because I can see all my old OE mail folders but can't get to them. I wonder what would happen if I installed OE again and them exported them out of OE (if you can do that)? Or, is there some other way to read these OE .dbx files? I appreciate any help anyone can give. Dan Instead of Import,...

How can I enable the message Bar option in the Hide/Show area?
I can't run queries because they are disabled by Disable Mode. But I can't enable the message bar to change it. In the Datatbase Tools tab, in the HIDE/Show group the Message Bar option is not selected and is greyed out. how do I enable the Message Bar so I can select it ...

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Help with Rules: can't select Public Folders.
Does anyone know why it's sometimes possible, but not always, to use a rule to move or copy a message to a public folder? I don't seem to be able to select the public folder; I can select it, but it doesn't stick. The inconsistency is a bit weird. I can't even make a, 'from scratch' exact copy of a currently working rule that moves a message to a public folder. Weird! -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond do you have full permission on the folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for W...

How can I insert a carriage return and line feed into a cell ?
I am trying to display a statistic with its t_stat in the same cell, one over the other. Try pressing Alt+Enter or Format the cell to wrap from Format|Cells tj "gpm" wrote: > I am trying to display a statistic with its t_stat in the same cell, one over > the other. In a concatenation you can use ="line one" & char(10) & "line two" & char(10) & "line three" You will have to turn on cell wrap for such cells Format, cells, aligment, cell wrap Failure to turn on cell wrap will show the square printer's bullets asso...

blocking attachments #2
OE is not downloading attachments I send from my other email account. It downloads attachments from other email senders. OE also downloads attachments sent from my other email account to my wife's email account. Any thought as to why OE does not download the attachments to my account? "Tony E." <Tony E.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17BC6E52-CA16-4468-94EF-58863A60EE44@microsoft.com... > OE is not downloading attachments I send from my other email account. It > downloads attachments from other email senders. > > OE also downloads att...

Can I link my Project with my Blackberry?
Is there a way to some how sync my ms project with my blackberry? Probably best done with MS Project Server and SharePoint. I think SharePoint 2010 is leaning towards more mobile features, but haven't heard much about it. -- If this post was helpful, please consider rating it. Jim Aksel, MVP Check out my blog for more information: http://www.msprojectblog.com "Hampden" wrote: > Is there a way to some how sync my ms project with my blackberry? Without Server, we use SharePoint and Project and show results on iPhones. Have not tried Blackberry. See...

Picklist View
Is there are a way to limit what is shown in a picklist? We have a picklist in CRM 3.0 that has numerous types/values in it, but we only want a few of them to appear. We do not want to remove the others as we may eventually decide to use them. You can remove options in client-side code. In the OnLoad event: //Remove the option with value 2 crmForm.all.your_picklist.DeleteOption(2); Call it multiple times with different indexes to remove the desired values. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Cu...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

can Excel randomly sort numbers
I would like to sort numbers in a random sequence. How can I do that in Excel or any office application? "gasmith" <gasmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A905226-47EA-4EE3-BADE-E22A58A1C15E@microsoft.com... > I would like to sort numbers in a random sequence. How can I do that in > Excel or any office application? Yes. Assuming that your numbers are in column A, insert =Random() in column B. Drag this function downwads so that you have as many calls to Random as you have numbers to sort randomly. Select columns A and B Select Tools|Sort and sor...

How can I list active OWA users
We have two front end Exchange servers running Exchange 2003. I need to list the active OWA connections on each server. What is the best way to do this? Thanks in advance MikeC MikeC <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have two front end Exchange servers running Exchange 2003. I need to list >the active OWA connections on each server. What is the best way to do this? Use WMI? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com Or to these, either: ma...

How can I maintain Outlook calendar items for more than one year..
They auto delete after one year and I want to keep them for a longer period of time. Thanks, turn off autoarchive at Tools | Options | Other | Autoarchive. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80CC3126-90BB-4ABA-95C0-2698F2CF1B93@microsoft.com... > They auto delete after one year and I want to keep them for a longer > period > of time. > > Thanks, ...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

Automatic Attachment for Outlook
I was wondering if there is a way to add a automatic attachmnet of a text file to Outook, We use Outlook 2003 and Small Business server 2000, basically my client wants to add his company's disclaimer as a text attachment to all outgoing emails, they don't want to add the disclaimer to their email's signature- I have searched the group but did not find any solid solution thanks in advance See if any of the tools here help: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/content_control.htm <simonie@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:1144718699.558653.154280@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com....

removing multiple attachments
it seems I can't remove more than 1 attachment at a time from an e-mail. I have to right click on each one, hit remove then go to the next attachment. If I select multiple attachments, the remove, delete, cut options are grayed out and the delete key won't work. Any ideas? thanks, Larry ...

How can I merge unlocked cells in a worksheet that has been protec
In my worksheet, I turned on "Protect Sheet" so that users can't view or modify locked cells. But since I still wanted them to be able to modify unlocked cells any way they wanted, I selected all the options in the list of "Allow all users of this worksheet to" features in the "Protect Sheet" dialogue box (except for "select locked cells" obviously). However, the users can't seem to merge unlocked cells. Is there a way of including this functionality in the allowed actions? You could create a macro to unprotect the sheet, merge the sele...

Can Form Show Only Populated Fields?
I've created a contracts database that allows users to insert a copy of their contract as an OLE object. Some contracts have up to 10 amendments, so I've created additional fields for each amendment. Does anyone know how I can: 1. Have the form show only those fields that are populated? I don't want all ten amendment fields showing if there's only one amendment. 2. Give users a way to identify the object they're inserting? I'm thinking some kind of box might be necessary that says "What kind of object do you want to insert?" Then the user chooses: C...

Can I void a payment?
I recently had an employee apply a payment incorrectly, and was wondering if it was possible to void the payment and start over. I know that I can do an adjustment to the account, but then it will show up on the customers statement. Is there a way to void/delete the payment. JJ ...

Error importing dates from fixed width txt files
I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a fixed width text file. If I import without making any revisions the dates import correctly. They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year. My new date fields were added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the new fields. However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of the date fields import now with the revised spec. Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with th...

I want to make a Macro that would so I can open a CSV file and it.
Is there anyone out there that can teach me how to do this? Sometimes, the best way to learn is to turn the macro recorder on and then do what you want manually. Then turn the macro recorder off and look at the code. Bob L wrote: > > Is there anyone out there that can teach me how to do this? -- Dave Peterson If you record a macro while doing you will get something you can boil down to something like this. Workbooks.OpenText Filename:=ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\" & [wbtoget], Origin:=437, _ StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlDelimited, TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, _ ...

How can I see which user owns a database
Hello! I have the famuous nortwind database. How can I see which user owns this database ? //Tony Hi Tony SELECT SUSER_SNAME(owner_sid) FROM sys.databases WHERE name = 'Northwind' -- HTH Kalen ---------------------------------------- Kalen Delaney SQL Server MVP www.SQLServerInternals.com "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:p691n.14374$U5.222342@newsb.telia.net... > Hello! > > I have the famuous nortwind database. How can I see which user owns this > database ? > > //Tony &...

How can I accept multiple transactions at once?
I have MM 2002. After balancing my checking account and thereby reconciling all the transactions included in that month's statement, these transactions are still in bold (not accepted). Is there a way to acept all those transactions at once BUT not the more recent transactions that were not included in the statement? I know I can select "Accept all transactions, but that would accept the more recent ones as well. In microsoft.public.money, Tom Gordon wrote: >I have MM 2002. After balancing my checking account and thereby >reconciling all the transactions included in that month...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

Installed Outlook Update -- Can't log in now
Installed the 1/22 update to Outlook 2002. Now I get a "login information incorrect, yada yada" response from my Exchange Server everytime. Login information is good -- I can get in via Outlook Web Access. Tried the Knowledge Base suggestion to remove and reinstall TCP/IP, but that did not help. I'm dead in the water. Any ideas out there? Thanks ... ...