How do I find imported data from an Excel file to my contact file

0
Gary103 (266)

Maybe sort the list by creation time (eventually you need to add the field).
If the last you made is importing, then they have newest creation times.

Thomas Quester
www.olfolders.de

"Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

0
tquester (66)
6/21/2005 1:55:13 PM
Gary <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
<nothing>

When you ask a question, include enough information to provide people with
the ability to diagnose the problem.  Include the version of Outlook,
exactly what you've done, what symptoms you see, and what your goal is.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
6/21/2005 1:58:41 PM
Hi Brian:

Thanks for the response.  I agree with your assessment that not enough
information was included.  Since I am new to this I did not see where to post
the complete description.

In any event, my problem is as follows:
1.  I have an ACT! database and I want to convert these contact information
to Outlook Business Contact Manager (BCM).
2.  Through ACT! it does not download directly to Outlook's BCM, so I made a
CSV file and created the appropriate database in MS Excel.
3.  From Excel, I was able to import the data into Outlook BCM.
4.  However, when I went to my Outlook to send a mail message, there was no
contact information when I selected the TO icon.
5.  I went to Outlook BCM and noted there were two CONTACT names.  One had
nothing in it and the other had my imported data in it.
6.  My question is, "How do I get my Outlook Email "TO" icon to point to my
imported data instead of the blank database?"

Thanks,

Gary

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Gary <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> <nothing>
>
> When you ask a question, include enough information to provide people with
> the ability to diagnose the problem.  Include the version of Outlook,
> exactly what you've done, what symptoms you see, and what your goal is.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
issue (10)
6/22/2005 9:43:12 PM
Outlook Contact Importing Issue <Outlook Contact Importing
Issue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> 5.  I went to Outlook BCM and noted there were two CONTACT names.
> One had nothing in it and the other had my imported data in it.
> 6.  My question is, "How do I get my Outlook Email "TO" icon to point
> to my imported data instead of the blank database?"

Just a note, BCM has its own newsgroup at

I don't know much about BCM, but the symptoms you describe can happen in
Outlook without BCM when the Outlook Address Book is confused about what
contacts folders should be consulted.  Your import should have imported into
your default Contacts folder - the one contained in your delivery location
data store.  Try this: Open the Address Book and click Tools>Options.  If
you see two Contacts folders there, use the Properties button to determine
which one is the one containing nothing and the Remove button to remove it.
If you see only one Contacts, go back to Outlook's main window and click
Tools>E-mail Accounts.  Select the "View or change existing directories or
address books" radio button and click Next.  Select the Outlook Address Book
service and click Change.  You will probably see two Contacts there.  Remove
the one that appears to be the empty one, if you can determine that.

It's been a while since I've had to do this, so I don't recall which of the
two places I've described above is the proper one to use to fix the issue.
I also think that simply removing the Outlook Address Book service, stopping
and restarting Outlook, and adding the service back in would do the job.
Take your pick.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Installation files
I bought Money 2006 Deluxe earlier this year after downloading the trial version online. Yesterday my computer crashed and I had to reinstall Windows. Is there any way I can get the files necessary to reinstall Money? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Kirill wrote: >I bought Money 2006 Deluxe earlier this year after downloading the trial >version online. Yesterday my computer crashed and I had to reinstall Windows. >Is there any way I can get the files necessary to reinstall Money? Thanks. You can download and install the Money 2006 trial version. When Money uses a file with ...

PLEASE HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file #2
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in m inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and messag time, into a text file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

A code to import other xls data into one xls file
Hi there. Can anyone help me in creating a VB code in excel Module that imports data like file name;direct cost; and year from several xls spreadsheets [reports_1, reports_2, ...] (from different sheets and cells) into one spreadsheet [summary] into the following columns accordingly: (column 1 [file name]: file name; column 2 [direct cost]: dollar amounts, column 3 [year]: year)? i already have the code that pulls file names from the folder directory and pastes the data into column 1 [file name]. may be it will be easier to have the code refer to that column 1. Please note that t...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Updating GAL from Excel?
Hello all, Can anyone recommend a tool for updating a global address list from an excel spreadsheet? Im not sure if such a thing exists but this would be a major convenience. I have an excel spreadsheet with my entire corporations address information and the execs would like to rely on the GAL for finding contact information. This would take me hours to do manually and having a tool or a script that can import or update fields would make the labor much simplier. I appreciate your responses. Keith. On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 08:41:03 -0700, "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microso...

Issue retriving data from mssql 2005
Different queries accessing a storedprocedure sometimes hang until they are timedout. Calling the stored procedure mannually (Management Studio)(from the client computer that also executes the program) returns 1090 rows in one sec. EXEC spa08v1GetTransactions NULL ,'20091006','20091006' Executing the stored procedure from a simple app, just counting the rows gives me a timeout at 956 rows. This runs nicely against my test enviroment. SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand(); cmd.Connection = new SqlConnection("Server=MyServer;Database=MyDatabase...

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

test premier contact
bonjour. je m'appelle sophie et j'aimerais discuter avec vous et mieux vous conna�tre .. a bient�t j'esp�re . -sophie- inga.savant-aleina <inga.savant-aleina@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > bonjour. > > je m'appelle sophie et j'aimerais discuter avec vous et mieux vous > conna�tre . > a bient�t j'esp�re . Ou-est votre question s�r Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Will Excel 2004 run on SnowLeopard OS X 10.6?
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm a SW developer who uses a lot of VBA for Excel programing, for automaation and macros. Besides that, my customers use the spreadsheets I develop in Office for PC's. I know Office 2008 has no VBA for Excel, but I really need it. Can I install Office 2004 in my computer and will it run under Snow Leopard, so that I can keep on using VBA with Excel? Yes -- But do a fresh install. Don't try to 'migrate' Office from an earlier version of the OS if you're upgrading to 10.6 & you will have to use t...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Problem in installing file system driver
Hi, I am not able to install my .sys file filter driver.I have written .inf file and while installing this inf file its not giving any error also.Plz help me in solving this. my file filter driver file name is : *****************Here is My .inf file ******************************* [Version] Signature="$Chicago$" Class=MyDriver ClassGuid={286E934F-962E-4e1c-9729-1F65205A094F} Provider=%ADITI% DriverVer=01/22/2004,1.11.1111 [ClassInstall32] Addreg=MyDriverReg [MyDriverReg] HKR,,,,%DisplayClassName% HKR,,Icon,,"-5" [Manufacturer] %ADITI%="Aditi" [SourceDisk...

OK, a really tricky one now for Excel gurus!
A perfect response before, this time a little trickier! I have two data sources: Data A) a column of approx. 3000 cells featuring the 'Post Code' only from a database of addresses. Data B) The Australian postcode database as found and downloaded from the below link: http://www1.auspost.com.au/postcodes/index.asp?sub=2 What I want to happen is each postcode from source 'A' to match up with the corresponding post code from source 'B' (this is in column A). Once it matches, the 'Delivery Office' (column E) is to appear in column B of Data Source Sheet A......

Find (but not find)

Linking Contacts in Outlook 2007
I just converted from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007. In Outlook 2003 at the bottom left of the address card was a field in which you could link the open contact to other contacts in your address book. That field does not appear in the address card in Outlook 2007. Can someone help me figure out how to make that field appear? Thank you. That option is here: Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options... > Show Contact Linking on All Forms -- Russ Valentine "JMD01519" <JMD01519@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BACF9C2B-6FAC-48F4-B...

Contacts, Bloody Contacts
Hi all, I would like to create a contact record for each of our locations and have that record show up in the GAL. I would also like the email address that I supply for the contact record to resolve back to a distribution group that would include the manager and perhaps the store admin for that location. Problem. If I create a contact record with an Exchange email address, I cannot also create the distribution group, as there would be two of the same email addresses in Exchange. If I don't create an Exchange email address for the contact, the contact record does not show up in t...

Excel 2003
I am hoping to automate the extraction of information from a series of workbooks submitted by staff each week into a main spreadsheet. The importing information is laid out exactly in the same columns as the main spreadsheet but I do not know how many rows of information they may have input. What I would like to do is open the main spreadsheet, press a macro/ button that opens every file in a sub directory finds out how many rows of information there and then copy that info to the main spreadsheet, close the worksheet and then open the next one in the sub directory and repeat the ...

Open all Excel spreadsheets/fles before running queries
I have a number of spreadsheets which use Ms Query to retrieve data from an Oracle database. I have set it up so that queries run automatically when I open a spreadsheet. In Excel 2003, if I open several such spreadsheets at the same time, Excel will open all spreadsheets first and then run the queries. This means that I can open all the spreadsheets I want to update, get immediate notification if any one of them is in use by someone else, open as read-only if so, and then go off and do something else while all queries update (15-20 minutes in some cases). In Excel 2007 wh...

Finding an event

Copying portions of data
Is it possible to select a specific area of the worksheet using a find command (the data changes every day) and copy just that portion onto a new worksheet? Thanks Wendy Hi Wendy, If a verbal rule (or rules) can be devised to locate the area, then it is very likely that someone could aaist you with code to automate this. --- Regards, Norman "Wendy Clarkson" <wenan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cs835v$6ag$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > Is it possible to select a specific area of the worksheet using a find > command (the data changes every day) and copy ju...

link .pub files
I have produced a series of .pub files [Publisher 2003] for a book - each has illustrations, footnotes etc as separate text or picture boxes. I now want to put all the chapters into a new .pub file so that I can take the complete book to a printer - but I can't find a way to do this! Best 'fix' so far has been to save each chapter as a Word file and import that into a new .pub file. But that does not deal with the pictures, which all have to be re-inserted in the precisely correct position. there MUST be a better way! Or is it another problem with Publisher, like the inabi...

where to write temporary files?
hello experts, I am developing a software and I need to create a couple of temp files when the program is running. I need a piece of advice regarding the best place to put them: - Windows\temp directory - User directory - Program directory - ?? Needless to say, the directory must exist and the user must have the appropriate permissions. What are the good practices regarding this question ? Thanks Phil On Mon, 5 May 2008 08:43:18 -0700 (PDT), Phil <pbruyant@yahoo.com> wrote: >hello experts, >I am developing a software and I need to create a couple of temp files >when >the pr...

Using in Bookshop
Greetings, I was wondering if anyone is using Retail Manager in a Bookshop and if so how they went about importing new items that were supplied in ONIX or BISAC format. We get over 600 titles every month that we would want to import and would love to think that someone has already writtena script or something to import into the database the new items.? Regards ...