How do I Disable Outlook 2003 Network connectivity or other warnings/notifications?

Does anyone know how to disable the warnings/notifications indicating
"Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Server
computer". These things pop up every couple of seconds it seems like and
would like to turn them off.  I found some documentation on how to disable
them at the time of install, but nothing on how to make the change after. If
anyone can help me with it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Jose

click on the tray icon?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"Jose Valle" <jose_luis_valle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to disable the warnings/notifications indicating
> "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Server
> computer". These things pop up every couple of seconds it seems like and
> would like to turn them off.  I found some documentation on how to disable
> them at the time of install, but nothing on how to make the change after.
> If
> anyone can help me with it will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Jose

0
dianenws (1904)
9/15/2004 10:21:42 PM
Don't I feel like an idiot!..:)

Thanks,

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
> click on the tray icon?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
> Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/
>
> "Jose Valle" <jose_luis_valle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know how to disable the warnings/notifications indicating
> > "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Server
> > computer". These things pop up every couple of seconds it seems like and
> > would like to turn them off.  I found some documentation on how to
disable
> > them at the time of install, but nothing on how to make the change
after.
> > If
> > anyone can help me with it will be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -Jose

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

Outlook 2000 doesn't close
I'm running outlook 2000 with SP1a on XP Home and when I close Outlook it doesn't really close, the window just goes away. I still get new e-mail notifications and it's still taking up precious memory. If I want it to close completely I have to clobber it in the task list or reboot... and that's ugly. I've heard that this is a "feature" for enterprise users but I'm not one and I like having COMPLETE control of my system. Does anyone know how to make outlook go away when I close it? Thanks ...

view network link usage
how view server network link utilisation per client or computer/IP on a workgroup, windows 2003? I need to track who is using most of the bandwith on the server. thanks. ...

Outlook Will Not Startup
Have used Outlook 2003 without issue on this PC for several years. Auto Updates is on. Outlook now will not open. The Outlook desktop appears, then the message "Business Contact Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close..." After getting past this Error Reporting message, the next box offers to "Start in Safe Mode to isolate the problem..." This only results in a repeating circuit of these same two messages (see above) over and over as I click through them. I tried to troubleshoot by reinstalling Outlook and Business Contact Manager with no effect. N...

Outlook 98 e-mails not going to sent items.
This is a weird problem from my behalf, when i send an e-mial no matter to who, the e-mail does not go to the sent items folder. Can anyone help out, thank you. Marcel. ...

Printing Email in Outlook from Publisher
We are sending a publisher document as an email message. When it arrives in Outlook and we try to print the email, it elects to become hundreds of pages except it is only 5. Thank you. ...

restoring outlook after rebuild
I need to reload windows xp and all applications including MS Outlook. ie clean build. Once installed I need to configure Outlook with inbox, sent items, user accounts etc as prior to rebuild so I don't loose anything. The PC is used by four Windows accounts so I will need to restore data for all of these. However I'm struggling to identify the correct procedure for this, does Outlook contain the various export/import or backup/restore facilities to enable this? Is it better to use a third party product? Please could someone advise. TIA I used the XP File & Settings Tra...

Strange Outlook behavior
Exchange 2003 Server/Outlook 2003 I have several users who have a resource mailbox added to their Outlook profile. They have no problem opening emails in the additional Inbox, but if they search the Inbox using the 'Find' button on the OL toolbar and enter their criteria in "Look for: - Search In - Find now", they can view the results of the search from the results screen, but cannot open the items. They must go back to the actual mailbox where these items are located, track them down (the old fashioned way), and then they CAN open these same items. That kind of de...

I want to set Outlook to automatically send read receipts to a fol
I want Read Receipts to drop automatically into a Read Receipt folder. I see where you can send emails from particular persons to a folder, but not any Read Receipt from anyone. Normally receipts process on the sent item and are moved or deleted. See tools, options, email options, tracking. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:...

Outlook
Whe never I forward a message that I have received my original message is deleted from my Inbox. Any ideas please ? Thanks, Kevin What version of Outlook and do you have any views set on your folder? What have you set for the behavior of Outlook once you have replied or forwarded mail? Tools->options->email options. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

outlook client question
Hi! We have an aspx application integerated in crm server ui. Is it possible to integerate my application in the outllok client? How should i implement the offline/online function? Any idea? thanks Jani Hi Jani Take the OutlookClient_Sample.xml file rename it to OutlookClient.xml (Just in case keep a back up of this file as well). After that you should update everything as usual on your crm iis server. This in turn should update this xml file and voila the customizations should be seen in outlook as well. Good luck Monika >-----Original Message----- >Hi! >We have an aspx ...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

outlook calendar #8
Problem with deletions of meetings. upon deletion, attendees don't receive cancellation or cancellation was never removed and the meeting still appears to be active. This problem is on going... I went to the MSN support site, no answers close to the problem... can someone assist... IT Intern No wonder no answers are close to the problem, you have given us bare information upon which to troubleshoot. What version of Outlook are you using? Is Exchange in this equation? If yes, what version? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion i...

Sync Gmail contacts to Outlook 2007?
I am wondering how can I sync my gmail contacts to Outlook 2007. There is a gmail calender sync that has a 2way sync, but it seems only for the calender, is there also another program to sync the contacts? -- endoftheline Do not multipost. -- Russ Valentine "endoftheline" <endoftheline.551688f@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:endoftheline.551688f@outlookbanter.com... > > I am wondering how can I sync my gmail contacts to Outlook 2007. There > is a gmail calender sync that has a 2way sync, but it seems only for > the calender, is th...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

excel 2000 vs 2003: drop-down box locking issues
Hi, I've been using drop down list boxes in an excel 2003 worksheet. In 2003, I am able to lock the cell with the drop down box and protect the worksheet, which then prevents anyone from selecting a new value from the drop down boxes and changing the contents of that cell. However, when I try the same procedure in excel 2000, the drop down box never locks (though it's property says it's locked), and can still allow new selections from the box. Does anyone know of a workaround for this, or is this just a flaw in 2000? Thanks! In Excel 2000 and earlier versions, you can...

Ameritrade connection
Ameritrade says Microsoft's working on the problem and to be patient. But we won't be able to connect to Ameritrade via Money for awhile. Also, now my connection keeps dropping out too when using Money 2002, and it never did that before. So it seems like two separate problems to me ...

Free Voice Email for Outlook
WaxMail is a new, free plug-in for Outlook that allows voice messages to be recorded directly into email messages as MP3 attachments. WaxMail is available as a free download from http://www.waxmail.biz Not a very good way to spam --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. <paul.andrews@netralia.com> wrote in message = news:1131619526.283980.218080@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > WaxMail is a new, free plug-in for Outlook that allows voice messages > to be recorded directly into email...

Can Excel trigger Outlook reminder?
I hope I'm asking this question in the right forum. I would like to know if it is possible to create a basic spreadsheet where one of the columns is for due date and when that due date comes up a reminder is generated from Outlook? I think I understood correctly from a Google search that it can be done in Visual Basic but I have no idea how to do it. I'm also hoping it would not be complicated b/c I have not used VB. If that can't be done, how could I work it that the cell would change to red with due date comes? Thanks. A little more info on the spreadsheet I...

MS Outlook & Outlook Express Synchronization
Could some one please help me in the following inquiry: How can I synchronize my contacts between Outlook Express and MS Outlook? Thanx. Ahmed There really isnt a way to synchronize the contacts in Outlook with the contacts in Outlook Express. The only way to do something similar would be to import from Outlook Express to Outlook and import from Outlook to Outlook Express but this would have to be done any time there was a change and you may have some issues with duplicates being created. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Se...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Outlook Runtime Error
I just upgraded my operating system from Windows 98 to Windows XP. I ran the Office disk to update/correct its programs for XP. All of them ( Word, Xcel, etc.) work except for Outlook. Outlook loads then displays a Runtime Error! " This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." After clicking the OK on the message Outlook closes. What to do? ...

outlook express 12-24-07
can someone tell me how to get outlook express emails imported to windows vista...my computer crashed and i had to buy a new one and it has windows vista and my other had xp and now i have lots of emails and addy's in outlook express but no way to get to them!! help please!! On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:58:54 -0500, "bonnie homan" <bonniehoman@bellsouth.net> wrote: >can someone tell me how to get outlook express emails imported to windows >vista...my computer crashed and i had to buy a new one and it has windows >vista and my other had xp and now i have lots of ...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...