How do I create separate inboxes for each e-mail account?

I am trying to setup Outlook 2003, and would like to know how to create

NuttyERnurse schrieb am 09.02.2005 17:13:

> I am trying to setup Outlook 2003, and would like to know how to create
> separate inboxes for each e-mail account.

Create fo every email-account a subfolder in your inbox. Then create a
rule and delay incoming mails in the particular folder.

--
Viele Grüße
Christian Göller
NuttyERnurse <NuttyERnurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am trying to setup Outlook 2003, and would like to know how to
> create separate inboxes for each e-mail account.

1) Create new folders to receive the mail for each account and then create
rules that will sort the incoming mail to those folders based on receiving
account.
or
2) Create a separate mail profile for each account and have Outlook ask
which profile to use when it starts.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
2/9/2005 6:39:45 PM
"NuttyERnurse" <NuttyERnurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to setup Outlook 2003, and would like to know how to create
> separate inboxes for each e-mail account.

It depends -- it always does. :-)

Seperate e-mail accounts, one user/profile: Create rules to check the
incoming mail and route it to wherever you want (named "inbox" folders for
example)

Seperate e-mail accounts, seperate users: Use "Mail" in Control Panel to
create a profile for each user and then set up each users e-mail accoutn in
each profile. Set Outlook to ask which profile to use when it opens.

0
Peter
2/10/2005 12:05:56 AM
Thanks!

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> NuttyERnurse <NuttyERnurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to setup Outlook 2003, and would like to know how to
> > create separate inboxes for each e-mail account.
>
> 1) Create new folders to receive the mail for each account and then create
> rules that will sort the incoming mail to those folders based on receiving
> account.
> or
> 2) Create a separate mail profile for each account and have Outlook ask
> which profile to use when it starts.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Thanks!

"Christian Göller" wrote:

> NuttyERnurse schrieb am 09.02.2005 17:13:
>
> > I am trying to setup Outlook 2003, and would like to know how to create
> > separate inboxes for each e-mail account.
>
> Create fo every email-account a subfolder in your inbox. Then create a
> rule and delay incoming mails in the particular folder.
>
> --
> Viele Grüße
> Christian Göller

NuttyERnurse <NuttyERnurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks!

You're welcome.  Just an aside: the folders you create do NOT have to be
subfolders of your Inbox.  They can be on the same level in your PST as all
the other folders or they can be in a completely separate PST with its own
set of folders.  The latter is what I do.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

EXCEL: Separating data from 1 cell into multiple cells
I have thousands of cells in a report with information that I need to separate into different cells. Ex. one cell: Arch | South | All Points | Extreme I need an automated way to get each of the 4 names separated by "|" into its own cell. Any suggestions? Thanks, Heather (heatherjoslyn@yahoo.com) Hi, Highlight the column, Text to columns, Delimited, next, check only the Other box and copy your | in the box beside it, next, finish "HeatherJ" wrote: > I have thousands of cells in a report with information that I need to > separate in...

create a roster

e-mail alerts don't work,setup but don't work-
I have a pop 3 acct , but e-mail notification doesn't work any answers?, Thanks Studmn1. Studmn1 <Studmn1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a pop 3 acct , but e-mail notification doesn't work any > answers?, Thanks Studmn1. More details and symptoms needed. For example, what version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman office student and teacher edition 2003 for outlook, the pop up notification window doesn't pop up or change my mouse to the little mail icon or transperency window "Brian Tillman" wrote: > Studmn1 <Studmn1@discussions.microsof...

Internet Mail #3
Hey all, I've got an ISP servicing our Internet mail, but I use Exchange 5.5 internally, one of the users is sending mail out to the Internet via the Exchange account but I want it to use the ISP service, does anyone know how to default to the ISP Internet Mail. Thanks in advance, Craig Craig <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've got an ISP servicing our Internet mail, but I use > Exchange 5.5 internally, one of the users is sending mail > out to the Internet via the Exchange account but I want > it to use the ISP service, does anyone know how t...

Task Create - Status

Outgoing e-mail
I get the following message on most of my outgoing emails; "that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)" Yet I send it from another computer on the same network, also using outlook 2002 it works fine. Yes and that worked thanks >-----Original Message----- >Are you authenticating to your SMTP server? > >Tony Sadler wrote: >> I get the following message on most of my outgoing emails; >> "that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts >> (#5.7.1)" Yet I send it from another computer on the same >> network, also...

Convert two separate Word documents into one
Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word document into one (two page) document? HELP> In news:B5526982-84F0-4552-A34F-7F72AB3DADDC@microsoft.com, CAOWEN <CAOWEN@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word > document into one (two page) document? > > HELP> Open one of them. PUt the cursor at the very bottom (CTRL-END keys works well for that). Click Insert File. Save the resulting combined file to a NEW NAME to avoid losing either of the two originals. HTH, Twayne ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

problem with mails coming back every day
Hello, Every day, every user receive a couple of reundant emails in their mailbox. How to stop that. Why messages do not simply disapear when read and deleted ? Thanks On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 12:38:26 +0200, "lmarot" <l.marot@mywanadoo.fr> wrote: >Hello, > >Every day, every user receive a couple of reundant emails in their mailbox. >How to stop that. > >Why messages do not simply disapear when read and deleted ? > >Thanks > Are these always the same messages and where did the messages come from. Could be that you have messages in some loop or st...

Changing the default sort order of Inbox
I would like to change the startup sorting order of my inbox in Outlook. For example, I would like to have the most recent emails on the top of my list (Received column) when the progam first starts. Just pressing the column header to change the order, moving the selection to the top of the list, then closing Outlook does not achieve this. It does not remember my last sort and the sort order reverts to new emails on the BOTTOM of the list. I would like the reverse of this. Any ideas? "alanporter" <alanporter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Outlook 2000 Inbox not displaying contents.
I run Outlook 2000 on XP Home. I get a message "Unable to display the folder. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings......\outlook.pst. Quit all mail enabled applications and then use the inbox repair tool." When I run the inbox repair tool it goes through to phase 7 or 8 and then says I need to run SCANDISK. I have run the disk checker tool and also ran CHKDSK after a re-boot. I ca copy the contents to another folder and view them fine, just can't view the default Inbox. Could I delete Outlook, re-install and correct my problem? Is there an ...

Allow Mail Relay Possible?
Hi there, A customer of ours has a bonafide mail list of about 35000 customers (Golf Resort) and they have been sending mails through Exchange for some time. We now want to be able to allow them to send mail to this list using our SBS 2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an article a while ago describing just that. Did a search but did not get the article (it was an SBS article). Can anyone help with this issue? Dan This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0083_01CADC84.C69CA970 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Co...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

Go To Inbox
Windows 7. Is there an option to set the opening of WLM to go to the Inbox instead of the last folder viewed? Earl I don't think so. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Earl Partridge" <earlp@pearnet.com> wrote in message news:Oc2i93qrKHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Windows 7. Is there an option to set the opening of WLM to go to the > Inbox > instead of the last folder viewed? > Earl > Michael and Earl, Add /mail to the WLMail shortcut and WLMail will open to the default account Inbox. "C:\Program Files\...

New POP3 E-Mail Account Deliver Folder
I have both an Exchange Account and a (personal) POP3 account that I check using Outlook 2003. Currently, both accounts drop new e-mail into my Exchange Inbox - and I have a rule that moves the POP3 e-mail to a personal folder inbox. Problem is, rules don't run when I'm not connected to the Exchange server. Is it possible to have the POP3 account post new e-mails to the personal folder, while keeping the Exchange account posting new e-mails to the exchange inbox? Thanks; Michael Have you tried to set up a personal folder specifically for the pop account and set the exchange acc...

cant receive mail unless relaunch outlook
exchange 2000 sp3, post sp3 rollup outlook xp or 2003 the problems are only experienced by some users, not all. and it happens with both outlook xp and 2003. problem 1: an internal user will send an email to another internal user. the user will not receive the email even when manually clicking send/receive. if he closes outlook and relaunches it, then he receives the message. problem 2: remote user connect to office via vpn and runs outlook. 5 or 6 messages arrive and no more. waiting and/or hitting send/receive still produces no more messages. closing and relaunching outlook will bring in ...

How to create Access macro shortcut