How do I correct missing msvcr80.dll file?

I cannot open Outlook.  I get a message telling me I am missing my
MSVCR80.dll file. I have tried reloading the program, and the file is on the
CD, but cannot get it attached.  Same thing happens when I try to use Outlook
for email.

Watch this corrective update that came from Microsoft Corporation
--onkdsuysvvng Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bfbhdbklwehwbiu"; type="multipart/alternative" --bfbhdbklwehwbiu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ampkwllbdcvecaddz" --ampkwllbdcvecaddz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install n...

Payroll corrections after Payroll Year is closed
I have a client who closed their payroll year and issued W2s. Now, they've realized that because the last payroll of 2008 was printed on 12/31 but not distributed until January 2nd, it needs to fall into 2009 for wage reporting purposes. My first thought to correct this was to void the checks from the last payroll and re-issue them but I've discovered GP won't let you do this once the payroll year has been closed. Has anyone ever run into this scenario and if so, how was it corrected? Thx, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www....

How do I enable macros in an open file?
A user opens an Excel file (with global macro security setting on "Medium"). She is not prompted to "Enable Macros". Instead, it opens and macros are disabled. Any ideas why? Is there a way for her to enable macros with the file open? Thank you in advance! Kevin Hate to bump my own post . . . anyone? . . . Bueller . . . Bueller . . . Thanks in advance! ...

Data File did not close properly.
Starting Outlook 2007, I get a message: "A datafile did not close properly last time it was used and is being checked for problems". It takes a minute for Oulook to start and then the system is slow for a few more minutes while that file is still being checked and then a message pops up telling me that the file check is complete. Doing a Google on the problem it would appear that it's prevalent but I don't see a fix for it. Is there anything I can do other then going back to Office 2003? I've seen two fixes. Repair your PST file manually. Make sure you exit O...

Extra "." in file name when creating zip file in 2007 with 2003 co
I have some code that works great in Excel 2003, but in 2007, when creating a zip file, there is an extra "." in the file name, like filenameZ..zip. It happens in both the filename inside the zip file AND in the zip file itself. Here is the suspect code: FileNameZip = DefPath & Left(ActiveWorkbook.Name, Len(ActiveWorkbook.Name) - 4) & ".zip" FileNameXls = DefPath & Left(ActiveWorkbook.Name, Len(ActiveWorkbook.Name) - 4) & "Z" & ".xlsm" I've changed the file extension to xlsm, but if I try to change the FileNameXl...

Taste corrective patch
--zncknrruviimfhh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="nqkfxcjees"; type="multipart/alternative" --nqkfxcjees Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="iqpjepqzbj" --iqpjepqzbj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your...

Emails correct sent?
Hallo, Sometimes when i am forwarding a mail to somebody the mail in the map "messages send" is seen as send to myself? So, i am not sure if the person has really received the mail. Regards Huib That is an indication that a problem occurred during the send(process interrupted by user, the ISP, or an AV client are a few of the causes) - The message may have been sent and received(only the recipient can verify if delivered). - WLM creates that message in that form just in case you need to recover the contents and recreate the message -- ...winston ms-mv...

How to view a graphic (bmp/jpg etc) file as incorporated in Outlook XP
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0150_01C3CED8.36A1D860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Ref: How to view a graphic (bmp/jpg etc) file as incorporated in Outlook = XP In Outlook Express, when an email arrives with a graphic file (JPG, BMP, = TIF, etc.), I can view it straight from the email message as an = incorporated part of same, without having to open each attachements. I can I get the same results with Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP? Thanks Regards Yossi ------=_NextPart_000_0150...

help with naming file, re extension
Previously when I opened a new excel file I would right click/backspace and enter a new name. Now when I do this its mentions about extension name being altered and therefore wont work properly. Have I changed a setting without realising? The same also applies with a word document. thanks Perhaps you now have the display of filenames in a folder set such that you see the filename extension, whereas previously the extension was not visible (this is a Windows setting, through Control Panel | File and Folder Options). So, if you rename a file now you must remember to use the ...

pop-up files name menu
Hello, I need help with setting up a macro that reads in different file names. Each file contains 4 columns of data that I would like to be imported in the master list. I like to know how can I setup a pop-up window that sakes me for the file names all at once so I could type the file names and master list be filled with data. Any help, appreciated Thanks Hi I think you mean a inputbox you will need to do 1 file at time using something like this Sub Macrofilecopy() MYNAME1 = InputBox("ENTER FILE NAME 1") Workbooks.Open Filename:=MYNAME1 Range("a1:d1000").Copy Windo...

Import auto correct to Word 2007
I am a lousy typist. I am switching from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Is there a simple way a non tech guy like me can export my auto correct setting to Word 2007 without risking screwing up everything? The simpler the solution, the more grateful I will be! Thanks. Hello, On 2010.01.21 17:38, in article 9F0A4A5F-9136-4F3C-8079-520E1A1D93E5@microsoft.com, "ShivN" <ShivN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am a lousy typist. I am switching from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Is there a > simple way a non tech guy like me can export my auto correct setting to Word...

Programming Dll for outlook
Hello you all, I created a dll that is called in the send-event of outlook. The dll automatically inserts some standard text in the mail and the user has to give some parameters in a form. Everything works fine. There is only one problem. If I try to send an e-mail from within another office-application (word, powerpoint,...) the application hangs. It looks like the form is called and loaded, but it doesn't show on the screen. The application waits the "ok-button" to be clicked, but this can't be done by the user because he does not see the form!! Does anyone have a expl...

Open email windows can't open, excel shreadsheet file .xls ?

correction
What is process "tkupd32.exe"? Safe to end process? It's pegging my processor at 100% utilization. Thx. Looks like it is something to do with Groupshield, and there is a hotfix: http://ktp.e-isa.com/Downloads/McAfee/Patches/GroupShield/Hotfix7.txt -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "jallen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08e501c3c963$a59beaf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > What is process "tkupd32.exe"? Safe to end process? It's > pegging my processor at 100% utilization. ...

Advanced Find for Network Files
In Outlook 2000, I was able to go to Tools/Advanced Find and specify that I wanted to look for files on my network rather than just Outlook/Exhange files. Now that I have Outlook 2003, I only have an option to browse for files that are in Outlook/Exchange. Does anyone know how to get around this? I really liked the ability to get to folders and files on the network in 2000 and desperately miss this feature in 2003. Am I missing something? Please help.... Thanks. ...

FTP File Size from wininet
I'm using the wininet.dll FtpGetFile and FtpPutFile functions from VBA, but they just return a boolean success-or-fail. Does anyone know how to get more info about the transfer, e.g. why it failed or how many bytes were transferred? Phil Hibbs. I've got this working now by separately querying the file size before download or after upload. Here is my FTP module, mostly cribbed from the interweb. FTP_Get_File and FTP_Put_File are my generic functions, at the end. One minor concern I have is that I'm not calling any function to close the file, but that shouldn't be a p...

Corrupted Personal.xls file in Excel 97 ??
Oops! This is a correction to the subject of my previous posting. Please excuse me. =========================================================== I am using Excel 97. As of a few days ago, every time I start Excel I get a dialogue box that says "Personal.xls is being modified by Milt" (that's me) and giving me three choices: (1) Open the Personal.xls as a Read Only file, (2) Notify me when it becomes available, (3) Cancel. No matter which choice I take, the same dialogue box appears the next time I start Excel. The only way I have found to stop getting that dialogue b...

Access XP file Error
Hi, I have a MS Access version XP file for my project work , the front end of which is done in Excel by which people will interact with DB, like submitting data , running reports, it's multi user environment. Today, it gave me the below error when i tried to open the DB .. "The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time" I know this is caused by multi user access and possible cause of locking the same data. But when i checked the folder, there is no lock file at all, so that makes ...

Look at the corrective package for Windows
--ubbkrcyjejobmrvf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="tdycdogyhcjarny"; type="multipart/alternative" --tdycdogyhcjarny Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="moosycblfocgztsij" --moosycblfocgztsij Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabiliti...

clip art missing #2
I have Publsiher 2007. Recently, I was using a friends computer who has Publisher 2003 and I created a .pub file. I opened the .pub file I created using Publsiher 2003 on my computer. Now my clip art is missing. How can I retrieve the clip art files? Were the images embedded? View, Pictures, do you have Detailed display enabled? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "willy" <willy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95AC7F24-98F1-458C-B872-C6E78FAA683D@microsoft.com... >I have Publsiher 2007. Recently, I was using a friends computer who has > Pu...

How do you get Publisher to print transparent areas correctly?
I have boxes with a gradient that goes from one color to transparent. When I print on my desktop printer, the transparent areas print as white. Is there any way around this problem? Thanks so much! Your printer prints white? "Dan Pongett" <Dan Pongett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0012ADFF-BF2C-4AFA-A568-64F9C505AD4B@microsoft.com... |I have boxes with a gradient that goes from one color to transparent. When I | print on my desktop printer, the transparent areas print as white. Is there | any way around this problem? | | Thanks so much! The pape...

Outlook 2002 Rule Wizard Missing
I have just switch from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002, and when I installed Outlook I noticed there is no "Rules Wizard" listed in the "Tools" drop down menu. I chosed every thing to be on the Hard Drive during the install. I am using Version (10.2627.2625.). Is this an add on program or what. I am lost to why it not there. Used it in Outlook Express and was most happy with filtering successfully. Can someone explain what must be done or direct me. jerome Are you in the Inbox folder when you check for the Rules Wizard? Do you have e-mail accounts set up? ...

site to site free/busy data not replicating correctly
We have two Exchange 5.5 servers. A and B connected through a 256k frame line. Site A can see free/busy information for both sites. B can only see free/busy information on it's site, and not A. Server A crashed. Free/Busy information was working before the crash. OS was reinstall as well as Exchange services. We recreated the replication connectors from A during the reinstall. Now, site A has two Free/busy folder and site B has only one. Affinity is set for both servers. Now, Site A has two free/busy folders, one for local site, and one for remote, and site B has only it's own free/bu...

Auto Correct
I am using Word 2007. Whenever I type HTE, the auto correct feature changes it into The. But I want to retain what I type (HTE) without peremanetly removing it from auto correct options. How do I do it? Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. -RM Press CTRL+Z immediately after it makes the change to revert to what you typed, or delete the autocorrect entry. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web...

csv
Hi, Using Excel 2000, SP3 Situation: Trying to do a SaveAs from XLS to CSV The last column has some cells containing data, but the majority of the cells are blank Issue: It looks like Excel is not adding the last comma for the majority of the blank cells (it does it for a few of them), when the file is saved to CSV Is there a patch to fix this bug? The closest KB article i could find matching this problem was #259208. thanks, ap You can fake the extra comma at the end with the Text Write Program by specifying comma, CR, LF for the record delimiter. Try 44, 13, 10. 44 is the code ...