How do I configure Outlook to use a set email for a certain recipient

Hello,

Is it possible to set Outlook 2003 in a way (either with rule or some
other method) that it uses a set email address for a certain recipient?

Let me clarify it. I have 2 different email accounts: one for work and
for personal stuff. When I email to my friend -whose email address is
stored in my address book - I want outlook to use my personal email
address, even though my work email address is set as the default one.

Is it possible with a rule, or some other way? I couldn't find any
info on the net.

Thanks,

Zee

Not in any current Outlook versions, no.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, zoltan.fagyal@gmail.com asked:

| Hello,
|
| Is it possible to set Outlook 2003 in a way (either with rule or some
| other method) that it uses a set email address for a certain
| recipient?
|
| Let me clarify it. I have 2 different email accounts: one for work and
| for personal stuff. When I email to my friend -whose email address is
| stored in my address book - I want outlook to use my personal email
| address, even though my work email address is set as the default one.
|
| Is it possible with a rule, or some other way? I couldn't find any
| info on the net.
|
| Thanks,
|
| Zee

0
MillyS (3228)
9/17/2005 5:36:08 PM
Thanks

OUTLOOK PROBLEMS #13
When I have outlook opened I right click on my calendar or another folder and choose the option to "Open in a new window" the window pops up very small. Need Help!!!!!!!! Paris Underwood wrote: > When I have outlook opened I right click on my calendar or another folder > and choose the option to "Open in a new window" the window pops up very > small. Need Help!!!!!!!! Have you tried dragging the window to the correct size? (Do NOT use the "maximise" function....) -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co....

micr configurable stubs
Hi All, Has anyone had to configure checks for GP using configurable stubs for MICR? Are there any tricks to making the process easier or an alternative program to use. Th eprocess so far is painfull as only one item can be selected at a time and each time I add an item it starts in upper left hand corner above other items. Thanks in advance for any insight Lorne Are you using Mekorma? I've used it to configure checks and found it relatively easy to use. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2t...

Using wide and regular format monitors
Hello All My job just gave me new Lenovo T400 laptop running XP. (No Windows 7 yet for us) It has a 14 inch wide format screen. I'm attaching the computer to a traditional 20 inch screen. The wide display on the laptop 1280 x 800 is squished and off the screen on the traditional montior. When I open display properties, it shows both montiors as Monitor 1. I'd like to have the traditional monitor work property without having to resize the display resolution every time I connect to it. (I do NOT want to use one monitor as an extension of my desktop). Is there a way ...

what does the "send" button look like for sending emails?
what does the "send button look like for sending emails? I've created my document in publisher, now I want to email it. I get to the email create page and ready to send, but can't find the "send" button... What version of Publisher, Outlook and Outlook Express are you using? Which email client is set as your default email client? You can find out your default email client by going to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs Tab. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" ...

outlook calendar catagory question
I'm wondering if it is a local only or if it can be a networked feature. Here is the issue on my pc I run outlook 2007. I use the catagory feature in the calendar to have certain color /catagories for the various project/jobs with the name of the projects attached to a certain color. It works fine on my pc but when I go to another pc it just shows the default catagories without my names. Is it possible to have what I setup on my machine to be available on all the other networked pc's. I'm running on a sbs 2003 network with 10 users, and we do use exchange. -- Th...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Install/Configuration
I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users. The intranet address and internet address are not found. Connectivity has been verified between workstations and crm server. Web clients work ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.) Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all. The CRM setup is as follows: Upgraded from 3.0 Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services SP2 Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not configure. Any suggestions would b...

No Fix as yet to password problem in outlook 2003
I have posted this same problem at least a dozen times and nobody has come up with a fix as yet. Other people are contacting me and saying that they are experiencing the same problem and are asking me what to do. Now, as you know, I have followed the KB article to the letter and still have had no joy, so what do I do? Please just tell me if a full uninstall/reinstall of office would reset everything or is it more complicated? I am very sorry for keeping on about this problem but whenever I open my outlook profile, a box pops up asking if I want my username and password to be saved (befo...

How do I open the Junk Mail folder in Outlook 2000?
Hi! I can't find a Junk Mail folder to open? All info talks about setting up filters. I am missing messages and would like to see if they have landed in Junk(SPAM) Mail. Please advise and thanks! Dianne C. Dianne C. wrote: > I can't find a Junk Mail folder to open? All info talks about setting up > filters. I am missing messages and would like to see if they have > landed in Junk(SPAM) Mail. There is no Junk folder created by Outlook 2000. That version has no inbuilt spam filter. You'll have to create one if you want to use it, and then spec...

How Use Option Group Im MS Access
Help me It's easy you have an: - option Group (which is a frame that goes around the option buttons) each option button has a different value (example: 1,2,3) The option group gets the value of whichever option button is selected. So the option group is the main control that you use (bind it to a table value etc...) With options only ONE option button can be selected at a time. If you want multiple values you use checkboxes instead. HTH, Mark Andrews RPT Software http://www.rptsoftware.com "Karkala" <Karkala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Outlook Express message
I am getting the following message on some of my Outlook message. Even if I send myself one picture from my office and I feel it's safe. OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: In these cases, I cannot open the e-mail. Can anyone explain??? Maureen This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of the...

Problem automating outlook
Hi I am using the following code to automate outlook from within MS Access; Dim O As Object O = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") The problem is that I am getting the following error on the second line; Automation error The specified module can not be found What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Dim O As Object Set O = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Regards Mark Dormer "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:eFs9QqIUGHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am using the following code to...

Emailing Quotes, Orders and Invoices in Microsoft CRM 3.0
Currently, there is no way to send out Quotes, Orders and Invoices to customers through the Microsoft CRM 3.0 interface. This is a primary requirement for many customers as Sales persons need to email quotes to their leads and accounts. Is there a way this can be achieved? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and...

Outlook 2002 Calendar Printing Problem
When I try to print my calendar I get the following error message: "Unable to save the print settings. Make sure the file C:\Documents and Settings\bng\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\OutlPrnt exists and can be written to." How to I correct this problem? ...

limit the size of imbound/outbound emails
We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and going outbound? Thanks AW Yes. See article Q322679: How to set limits for messages in Exchange Server. "SW" wrote: > We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and > going outbound? > > Thanks > > AW ...

Deleting messages in Outlook
When I try to delete some of the messages in my inbox I get an error and am not allowed to delete it. The error is "The message interface has returned unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Of course if I restart it, nothing changes and I still can't delete the messages. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I am running Microsoft Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711). Thank you. ...

Setting up test environment to test CRM 3 to CRM 4 upgrade...
So much of the planning information for and in-place up upgrade CRM 3.0 to 4.0 mentions testing the upgrade. But it really seems like an all-or-nothing deal. This scares me because we use a few 3rd party helper apps (c360, TAPI for CRM) and don't want to go through a 99 steps before realizing it hangs on the 100th. Has anyone set up a test environment to test things out, perhaps in a VM. Here's my current infrastructure (only the machines that are relevant). Server 1: CRM 3 Server running Win2003R2, SQL 2005SP2 Server 2: Exchange Server running Win2003R2, Exchange 2003, CR...

Configuration
Hello, I just installed Office 7 Home and Student and every time I open Word it says that it has to Configure the program. It doesn't do that with the other programs and it is getting tiresome because it takes a few minutes. Has anyone else had this problem or have some suggestions? Thanks! Jenn ...

Utilizing the Print Preview without using a printer
How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary changes to my worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would still like to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I actually print my worksheet. Just install *any* print driver that might be resident on your system, and XL will then enable the "PrintPreview" feature, even though no actual printer is present. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ==========================================...

find record using combo box
I want to use combo box to locate a name. After update, the combo box shows the name but the form does not move to the record of combobox. Here is my code: Private Sub cboLook_AfterUpdate() Dim rs As DAO.Recordset 'Search in the clone set. Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone rs.FindFirst "[name]= """ & Me.cboLook & """" 'Display the found record in the form. Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark frmFlexSubform.SetFocus Set rs = Nothing End Sub You have a field named Name? Access ...

Import to Outlook from Incredimail
Hi there, Gave Incredimail a try for a few months, really liked the background letters etc. However, now am ready to go back to Outlook again. How can I import my incredimail messages into Outlook so I have all my mail & addresses in one spot? In article <030901c3c4a2$a5e043f0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |Hi there, | |Gave Incredimail a try for a few months, really liked the |background letters etc. However, now am ready to go back |to Outlook again. How can I import my incredimail |messages into Outlook so I have all my mail & add...

Outlook Web interface by Exchange 2003
i have dispatched a policy to force "read receipt" on Outlook machines. However some users will only use Web interface of Outlook for easy setup due to mobile seats. It seems i cannot force "read reciept" on web version. Can i do it or any setting on Exchange 2003 server? thanks a lot. tony In news:OhyzpsxZFHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Tony WONG <x34@hknet.com> typed: > i have dispatched a policy to force "read receipt" on Outlook > machines. > However some users will only use Web interface of Outlook for easy > setup due to mobile se...

outlook exam
what is the cualifications For what? fernando wrote: > what is the cualifications Being able to spell is one of them!!!! >-----Original Message----- >For what? > >fernando wrote: >> what is the cualifications > > >. > Let's not be mean. I think we knew that the OP meant qualifications and is used to writing in Spanish or Portuguese.... Nunyabidness wrote: > Being able to spell is one of them!!!! >> -----Original Message----- >> For what? >> >> fernando wrote: >>> what is the cualifications >> >> >&...

disable an email address
Hi i have a user that will be out for the next 6 months. I disable his account in AD. How can i configure his account so he will not receive any email for the next 6 months thanks jac On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:38:46 -0400, "Jac" <support@ville.blainville.qc.ca> wrote: >Hi i have a user that will be out for the next 6 months. I disable his >account in AD. How can i configure his account so he will not receive any >email for the next 6 months > >thanks > >jac > Depends really. Disabling his account will mean that he can't actually receive a...

Outlook...
Hej! Varför får jag detta meddelande när jag skickar e-post från min nya dator med helt nya program? "Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP AUTH"...??? Doc;111540 Wrote: > Hej! > > Varför får jag detta meddelande när jag skickar e-post från min nya > dator > med helt nya program? "Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP > AUTH"...??? You need to authenticate to your outgoing server. Your ISP will tell you how. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] -- http://forums.slips...

using form to add new record
I want to use a form to add record to table 'Instructor'. controls on the form are: Name (text) EN (integer, primary key in Instructor table) FT_Fall (single) PT_Fall (single) FT_Spring (single) PT_Spring (single) Adjust (single) When user click 'Add It' button, additional field not shown on the form: SetupID = 1 WS = 0 Manually_Added = YES 1 record (all above 10 fields) will be added to Instructor table without violating primary key. Should I use Instructor table as unline source for the form? If so, records always shows. Also, what should the 'Add It' butto...