How do I configure my Yahoo webmail to work in Outlook?

I have a '@btinternet.com' email address. I want to config it to work in POP3
like Outlook. I know plenty about excel and stuff but have never configged a
webmail address to a POP3. Can anyone help?

Thanks
0
MikeC1 (42)

Hi MikeC,

have a look on this sites:

"Use Outlook with SBC Yahoo!"
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011133121033.aspx?pid=CH063565691033

"Use Outlook with Yahoo! Mail"
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011133141033.aspx?pid=CH063565691033

"POP Yahoo! Mail Plus with Microsoft Outlook 2002 (XP) and 2003"
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-06.html

Maybe it helps.

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

"MikeC" <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have a '@btinternet.com' email address. I want to config it to work in
>POP3
> like Outlook. I know plenty about excel and stuff but have never configged
> webmail address to a POP3. Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks

0
trash5936 (201)
11/30/2007 9:08:13 AM
MikeC <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a '@btinternet.com' email address. I want to config it to work
> in POP3 like Outlook. I know plenty about excel and stuff but have
> never configged a webmail address to a POP3. Can anyone help?

Your BT Internet help pages describe the process in detail.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

Junk Mail in Outlook 2003
Is there not an option to have the Junk Mail folder emptied when you close Outlook 2003 on my Win XP Pro PC? No, you will have to manually empty it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Ivan Williams <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Is there not an option to have the Junk Mail folder | emptied when you close Outlook 2003 on my Win XP Pro PC? ...

problem with outlook receiving same emails two times
i have 4 acounts in outlook and im receiveing the emails at least two times.im receiving the first time the emails and when i reboot my pc im receiving the same emails again.it happens in microsoft outlook Do you leave mail on the server? Are any of the accounts pointing to the same mailbox? <mihelakis.nikitas@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1149146440.571118.256250@h76g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >i have 4 acounts in outlook and im receiveing the emails at least two > times.im receiving the first time the emails and when i reboot my pc im > receiving the same emails again...

Does IsMissing only work with Variants?
If I code a Function statement Function Temp(Optional abc As Single) then calling the function with no arguments =temp() [abc] gets assigned the value "0" and the IsMissing(abc) test always fails. If I change the Function statement to Function Temp(Optional abc) then everything works. Is there no way to have an optional numeric argument and be able to assign the default in the function? Methinks someone did not read the help files for IsMissing... <g> -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Prof Wonmug" <wonmug@e.mcc> wrote in messag...

Outlook 2003 does not make a comeback
Okay, I just upgraded from XP to 2003 professional (thanks to the educational discount) and am having problems with Outlook, now. When I first invoke Outlook at the beginning of the session, everything works great. It takes a little longer to open than I'm used to, but no biggie. I noticed, however, that Microsoft now puts an Outlook icon in the lower right (where other memory resident programs are), so that even if I close down Outlook, that icon is there. Now here's the problem. If I close down Outlook not the right hand memory resident, but jsut the main program), and...

Using yahoo with outlook express 6
I can't seem to get my yahoo email to work with outlook express 6. I've set it up right, but everytime i open outlook, it asks for the login information, and when I enter it in, it doesn't log in. It just keeps me at the log in window, but opens up the authorization window that shows the tasks and errors. Under the taskes it says: "Check for new messages on 'pop.mail.yahoo.com'. with a status of executing, and for some reason under connection it says Local area network. If I click cancel I get this error: "There was a problem logging onto your mail server....

auto filter stops working
The auto filter shows up with the dropdown list arrows and only contains the standard all, top 10, and custom list. It no longer contains unique data. The custom will allow you to put in a search and will not retrieve the rows. It worked before and just stopped. How do I fix the problem. I don't see anything in the spreadsheet that would of caused it to quit working. I am running excel 2002. Thanks, Paul Did your filtered range get deleted?? Try taking off autofilter, reselect the range and select autofilter again. James "tweedybird@gmail.com" wrote: > The auto filter ...

Filter (blanks) with two or more unique values not working
Excel 07 - Multiple workbook issue - One of them has 6540 rows and CA columns. I auto filter all headers then try to sort on column BM (or any). I can filter for (blanks) and one unique value and will see only those items. If I choose (blanks) and two or more unique values, I will see all of the selected items but no (blanks). Column BM has eight unique values and (blanks). I have tried selecting all the data before setting my filter, exporting to tab delimited text file then importing into a new workbook, changing the format of the cells to text/general/number. So far nothing w...

Why does simple update works like this?
CREATE TABLE dbo.test (A int, B int) Insert into dbo.test values (5,10) Insert into dbo.test values (5,20) Insert into dbo.test values (5,30) Insert into dbo.test values (5,40) Insert into dbo.test values (5,50) Insert into dbo.test values (5,60) Insert into dbo.test values (10,10) Insert into dbo.test values (10,20) Insert into dbo.test values (10,30) Insert into dbo.test values (10,40) Insert into dbo.test values (10,50) Insert into dbo.test values (10,60) UPDATE T1 SET A = T2.B FROM dbo.test T1 INNER JOIN dbo.test T2 ON T1.A = T2.A Select * from dbo.test Result: ...

[newbie]Sharing outlook
Hello I have a workgroup "MSHOME3 with 3 PCs running on XP and one on Vista all versions are for "familly" I don't know what to do I have read something about exchange but I don't find it in xp or vista and what to do with? I thank you in advance Patrick I've just been investigating this myself. Have you looked at OsaSync, http://www.vaita.com/index.asp The lite version allows up to four computers to share contacts and is free. The Pro version allows much more. Exchange is not viable for home use. Joy "ratoso" <patartaud@wanadoo.fr> wrote in...

OUTLOOK PROBLEMS #13
When I have outlook opened I right click on my calendar or another folder and choose the option to "Open in a new window" the window pops up very small. Need Help!!!!!!!! Paris Underwood wrote: > When I have outlook opened I right click on my calendar or another folder > and choose the option to "Open in a new window" the window pops up very > small. Need Help!!!!!!!! Have you tried dragging the window to the correct size? (Do NOT use the "maximise" function....) -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co....

micr configurable stubs
Hi All, Has anyone had to configure checks for GP using configurable stubs for MICR? Are there any tricks to making the process easier or an alternative program to use. Th eprocess so far is painfull as only one item can be selected at a time and each time I add an item it starts in upper left hand corner above other items. Thanks in advance for any insight Lorne Are you using Mekorma? I've used it to configure checks and found it relatively easy to use. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2t...

outlook calendar catagory question
I'm wondering if it is a local only or if it can be a networked feature. Here is the issue on my pc I run outlook 2007. I use the catagory feature in the calendar to have certain color /catagories for the various project/jobs with the name of the projects attached to a certain color. It works fine on my pc but when I go to another pc it just shows the default catagories without my names. Is it possible to have what I setup on my machine to be available on all the other networked pc's. I'm running on a sbs 2003 network with 10 users, and we do use exchange. -- Th...

partial pickup of Work Orders (special orders)
Responses to posts about workorder/special orders imply that PARTIAL PICKUPS of multiple items on one work order are possible. HOW? Do you simply recall the work order and zero out the quantities of the items not yet received? Does RMS alter the Work Order so that picked up items are removed from it? Please Cc me your response directly. Thank you for your time. ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes, Parts, Repairs & GREAT Customer Service! 124 State Avenue NE Olympia, WA 98501 P: 360-753-7525 F: 360-528-7526 info@olybikes.com www....

sync Google Tasks with Microsoft Outlook 2003?
I am trying to sync my Google Tasks with Microsoft Outlook 2003. However, I am not seeing any way to do that. -- If you cannot explain and defend what you believe then you believe nothing -Tim Marks AFAIK, google can only sync with the calendar, not tasks. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@...

Outlook Today Customization
We have our own exchange server (5.5) on our corporate LAN/WAN with end users using Outlook 2000 running on Windows 2000 pro. The "customize outlook today" button will not function on the outlook today screen. We have tried renaming the outlwvw.dll file to outlwvw.old and then installing a fresh copy of outlwvw.dll from the installation cd, but this did not fix the problem. The "customize outlook today" button used to function, as best we can verify it stopped working in the last 6 to 8 months. We are current on all windows and office service packs, security fi...

simple code not working
this code bit has been working forever. recently had a virus & had to reinstall microsoft office 07. now it won't work. i'm assuming there's some wording difference it's looking for - can anybody help me out? thanks. susan ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Indirect Costs").Select With Worksheets("Indirect Costs") .Range("a1").Select End With ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ i also tried the following which stops on "Activate": With ThisWorkbook With Worksheets("Indi...

Links do not work.
Hi NG I'm using danish Win XP and IE8. When I go to this www: http://tvtid.tv2.dk/allekanaler/ where the bold headlines is links, I experience many time, the links do not work. I therefor close www and rum my programe "Window Washer" Is there a way to configer XP or IE so I can avoid "Window Washer" -- Best regards Joergen Bondesen On 05/09/2010 12:44 AM, Joergen Bondesen wrote: > Hi NG > > I'm using danish Win XP and IE8. > > When I go to this www: > http://tvtid.tv2.dk/allekanaler/ > where the bold headlines ...

Can't send Yahoo email via Outlook 2003
Hi, for some reason my outgoing Yahoo email has not been going out. This just started in the last week. I installed Office 2003 about 10 days ago and the Yahoo acct was working fine. I do have the outgoing server set correctly according to the support page on Yahoo (http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-05.html)-- "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" is checked. Anyone have any ideas? -- ------------------------------- remove "smooth" from my address. hmc <ciaochou2.smooth@yahoo.smooth.com> wrote: > Hi, for some reason my outgoing Yahoo ...

No Fix as yet to password problem in outlook 2003
I have posted this same problem at least a dozen times and nobody has come up with a fix as yet. Other people are contacting me and saying that they are experiencing the same problem and are asking me what to do. Now, as you know, I have followed the KB article to the letter and still have had no joy, so what do I do? Please just tell me if a full uninstall/reinstall of office would reset everything or is it more complicated? I am very sorry for keeping on about this problem but whenever I open my outlook profile, a box pops up asking if I want my username and password to be saved (befo...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Install/Configuration
I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users. The intranet address and internet address are not found. Connectivity has been verified between workstations and crm server. Web clients work ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.) Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all. The CRM setup is as follows: Upgraded from 3.0 Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services SP2 Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not configure. Any suggestions would b...

Import to Outlook from Incredimail
Hi there, Gave Incredimail a try for a few months, really liked the background letters etc. However, now am ready to go back to Outlook again. How can I import my incredimail messages into Outlook so I have all my mail & addresses in one spot? In article <030901c3c4a2$a5e043f0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |Hi there, | |Gave Incredimail a try for a few months, really liked the |background letters etc. However, now am ready to go back |to Outlook again. How can I import my incredimail |messages into Outlook so I have all my mail & add...

Configuration
Hello, I just installed Office 7 Home and Student and every time I open Word it says that it has to Configure the program. It doesn't do that with the other programs and it is getting tiresome because it takes a few minutes. Has anyone else had this problem or have some suggestions? Thanks! Jenn ...

Help
I just started a 3 week trip and need to run Money to track spending while I'm away. However, when I start Money, it is trying to install something, and wants the Money CD, which is back at home. Yes, I know I should have tried this before I left, but the laptop with Money hasn't changed - its just out of its docking station. I thought I'd ask on the small chance that someone might have a clue on what might cause this and/or how to get around it. I can't think of any reason for something to be installed, but there must be something. Thanks TM What file(s) is it asking for...

download from works to word or pdf
I am trying to download or view a document in word or pdf. The documant was originally typed in microsoft works. I have tried re-saving to word and open to word, to no avail. Help! ...

Outlook 2000 not opening.