How do I configure a reminder for attachment passwords?

My company sends attachments (office files) to clients via
the internet. They usually password protect these files.
Is there anyway to have outlook tell the user that the
attachment does not have a password? Sometimes they forget
to put the password on the attachment...

Thanks, J.R.

You would have to write code to do that. Your code would have to
intercept the AttachmentAdd event for an open item, check the original
item that is being attached by opening it from the file system as a
file of the specified type, for example Word doc. Then it would have
to use the Word object model to check for the Document.HasPassword
Boolean to see if the file was password protected. The same would be
done for Workbook.HasPassword for Excel files.

This isn't going to be a trivial task, it would require a COM addin,
would only work for Outlook 2000 and later and wouldn't work correctly
necessarily if the user was using Outlook 2000 and Word as the email
editor. It should work with Outlook 2002 and later even if WordMail
was being used.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

"JR" <preston.caudle@mckayconsulting.com> wrote in message
> My company sends attachments (office files) to clients via
> the internet. They usually password protect these files.
> Is there anyway to have outlook tell the user that the
> attachment does not have a password? Sometimes they forget
> to put the password on the attachment...
>
> Thanks, J.R.

0
kenslovak (742)

micr configurable stubs
Hi All, Has anyone had to configure checks for GP using configurable stubs for MICR? Are there any tricks to making the process easier or an alternative program to use. Th eprocess so far is painfull as only one item can be selected at a time and each time I add an item it starts in upper left hand corner above other items. Thanks in advance for any insight Lorne Are you using Mekorma? I've used it to configure checks and found it relatively easy to use. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2t...

attachement problem
When i drag and drop files to an email I am replying, outlook inserts the files inside the text window. I want outlook to attach them but show the attachments in the line below the receipint adress as usual. How to do this? I use outlook 07 exciter wrote: > When i drag and drop files to an email I am replying, outlook inserts > the files inside the text window. > I want outlook to attach them but show the attachments in the line below > the receipint adress as usual. > > How to do this? > > I use outlook 07 > Looks like you are using RTF format in those e...

How to turn off attachment warning
I don't want warnings from Outlook 2007 on Vista when trying to open Office 2007 and 2003 .doc, .docx, xls, xlsx, and .pdf files. Also, if someone knows, is there a way to supress Outlook 2007's warning that an attachment has changed? What warnings? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Tom asked: | I don't want warnings from Outlook 2007 on Vista when trying to open | Office 2007 and 2003 .doc, ....

How can I recover my pst file if I forgot my password?
My notebook was stollen so I found my old pst files that I backed up... I forgot the password on one of the pst files that contains 580M of data . Is there any way the the pasword can be recovered? Respectfully, John Noel john.noel@hp.com (916) 590-9015 http://www.slipstick.com/problems/lostpw.asp -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, John Noel wrote: | My notebook was stollen so I found my old pst files that I backed | up... I forgot th...

No Fix as yet to password problem in outlook 2003
I have posted this same problem at least a dozen times and nobody has come up with a fix as yet. Other people are contacting me and saying that they are experiencing the same problem and are asking me what to do. Now, as you know, I have followed the KB article to the letter and still have had no joy, so what do I do? Please just tell me if a full uninstall/reinstall of office would reset everything or is it more complicated? I am very sorry for keeping on about this problem but whenever I open my outlook profile, a box pops up asking if I want my username and password to be saved (befo...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Install/Configuration
I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users. The intranet address and internet address are not found. Connectivity has been verified between workstations and crm server. Web clients work ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.) Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all. The CRM setup is as follows: Upgraded from 3.0 Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services SP2 Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not configure. Any suggestions would b...

password #13
forgot my password how can i find out what it is again Which password? for the outlook? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04c101c3b7d8$7c512ee0$a501280a@phx.gbl... forgot my password how can i find out what it is again ...

Configuration
Hello, I just installed Office 7 Home and Student and every time I open Word it says that it has to Configure the program. It doesn't do that with the other programs and it is getting tiresome because it takes a few minutes. Has anyone else had this problem or have some suggestions? Thanks! Jenn ...

Attachment in Message Header
Previous to my re-install of Microsoft Office 2007, I had been able to put all attachments directly into the message header in Outlook. Now, I can't seem to find where I can change the default to continue to do that, rather than have attachments in the body of the message. Can you help? "Carol S." <CarolS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6F6F3DF-CF60-435B-B3D7-6EBC07646780@microsoft.com... > Previous to my re-install of Microsoft Office 2007, I had been able to put > all attachments directly into the message header in Outlook. Now, I ...

How do you change the max allowable size of attachments to records?
Subject says it. How do you change the max allowable size of attachments to records? TIA Antony Hi Antony, You can specify the size of the attachment in registry settings -> maxuploadfilesize. HTH, Niths "Antony" wrote: > Subject says it. How do you change the max allowable size of attachments to > records? TIA > Antony > ...

OE Screening Attachments
Can someone help me out there. Outlook express is automatically removing "unsafe" attachments from e-mails I am receiving. I trust the sender and want to turn off the screen. Please HEIL ...

cannot send email messages with attachments
outloook 2003 configured on new computer. can send emails without attachments. can not send emails without attachments. they are apparently not refused by my provider, because i can connect with a my old laptop and send the same attachments. message i receive is... Task pop.sao.terra.com.br sending reported error =x8004210B. The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP) Hi marcus, micrsoft published the following article about that error mess...

Help
I just started a 3 week trip and need to run Money to track spending while I'm away. However, when I start Money, it is trying to install something, and wants the Money CD, which is back at home. Yes, I know I should have tried this before I left, but the laptop with Money hasn't changed - its just out of its docking station. I thought I'd ask on the small chance that someone might have a clue on what might cause this and/or how to get around it. I can't think of any reason for something to be installed, but there must be something. Thanks TM What file(s) is it asking for...

Calendar reminders in Outlook
Hi, I've created a second calendar at work. The main calendar is for my routine daily/weekly/monthly appointments and meetings. The second calendar is for the milestones of my projects. It works great with the exception of reminders. The reminders don't seem to work with the secondary calendar. Is there a way to turn on reminders for the secondary calendar? And a second question. I have an Excel worksheet that I also use that holds all the dates of my projects (although it sounds like duplication of effort, they both really serve separate purposes). Is there a way to tie the d...

Attaching items to e mails
I have a user trying to attach items from SharePoint libraries to e mails in Outlook (2007). When she selects an item and tries to attach it she gets this message "The operation is not supported until the entire message is downloaded. Download the message and try again" which makes no sense in the context. She is using an XP machine but I cannot duplicate this error on either XP or Vista machines on the same network. No one else is having the same problem. Anybody know a possible cause (and a solution)? ...

How to create Release mode configure
Hi all, i am building a project, but i removed default Release configure, and now i try to use Debug config to copy to Release and then change something NDEBUG, Debug info is none, uncheck Generate Debug info any one can help me do this so that i dn't need to create new project again? Turn on optimizations. Do NOT turn off "Generate debug info"; it was a fundamental design error in VS to turn this off. You will need it to read crash dumps coming back from the field. Turn off the various runtime checks. Select the libraries to be the MultiThreaded DLL or for static lin...

Outlook blocking attachment
Recently my Outlook (not O Experess), has been blocking itself from sending certain attachments... Namely my Access attachments that I am trying to send to my home email address... This does not happen with all attachments just certain ones.... Any idea on why this might happen??? No, it's not blocking the sending it's blocking access to the file. Anyway see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/blockedattachments.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack ...

configuration
Whwnever I start Windows, Office tries to reconfigure Publisher - how do I stop this? What version Publisher? You receive a "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office XP Pro" error message when you upgrade to Office 2003 or Office 2007 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825941/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "BG" <BG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B81BB44C-05D4-4435-BCED-9DA45DACCB96@microsoft.com... > Whwnever I start Windows, Office tries to reconfigure...

How do I set up a daily email reminder?
I need certain info to put on a website each day at a certain time. I would like to set up a reminder email to a couple of people that is automatically sent Monday-Friday at a certain time. Is there a way I can do this? I looked at options, but didn't see a way to do it. Thanks! ed Edward Owen <elo(killthespammers)1999@hotmail.com> wrote: > I would like to set up a reminder email to a couple of people that is > automatically sent Monday-Friday at a certain time. Is there a way I > can do this? I looked at options, but didn't see a way to do it. See if this...

"Remember password" not available
Hello ! I am running XP pro SP3, OE 6, IE 7; my system language is Italian, but I hope that the problem will be understood anyway. I use OE 6 for my email, I have 3 accounts and all do the same. When I click Send/Receive I have a window asking for the password of the account, but I cannot flag "Remember password". In Account manager, the "Remeber password" has the same behaviour, it is not flaggable. Apart this, OE 6 is working OK. Any help ? Thanks in advance, Enrico (Chicchio) Pick whatever applies. For the OE logon password: Your ISP may be able to te...

reminders and contacts using owa
Using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003, I am trying to consolidate my calendars. However, it appears that I cannot be reminded of events that are not in my calendar or tasks folder. I want to use the calendar and contacts in my mailbox, not the ones in my Outlook calendar/contacts. Thanks for the help Harold hari <mackeyha2athotmaildotcom> wrote: > Using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003, I am trying to consolidate my > calendars. However, it appears that I cannot be reminded of events > that are not in my calendar or tasks folder. I want to use the > calendar and contacts in...

Reminder sync error
"cannot dismiss or postpone the reminder because the coresponding item in the folder you synchronized does not match this item. To resolve the conflict, open the item. Do you want to open the item now?" These errors came after I had a problem logging on to my Windows 2000 box. I didnt see much in the MS Knowledge Base about this. Any ideas? Thanks Mike, I would make sure you had the latest patches and also run the reminder fix. See below. Click Start, and then click Run. "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Outlook.exe." /Cleanreminders More info - th...

IMAP4 configuration
I need to allow my users to retrieve their mail from my Exchange server while they are away from the office. I have OWA working right now for web-based email, but I am considering stopping that and only using IMAP4 because many of my users have only dial-up access at their homes, and it takes too long for them to connect via OWA. The main people complaining about the currect situation are the executive director and program director, so I'd like to do what I can to keep them happy. However, I need to know how to access the Exchange mailboxes from outside the network. I have tried sev...

Reminder resets to "none" in recurring app't
When I set up a new recurring app't (Monthly) with a reminder of 3 days, it will not work, but does show up in the to-do bar. I have other recurring appointments that do work fine. Any ideas? Is it an all day event? They don't show in the to-do bar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@P...

Unable to attach a contract to a service case
We only recently started using the "Case" entity in CRM. Our service engineer (although he has full authorities on Services, Contracts, and Cases) did the following: - Created a Contract - Created a Case - Reopened the new Case and tried to assign the Contract to the Case. When he clicks the Find button to select a contract nothing happens (i.e. It was expected that a list of contracts appear so that he can select the contract he wants to assign to this case) !!! Are we missing anything here?? Note: I logged in as a CRM Admin and tried the same scenario above but faced the s...