How do I choose which email address I send from???

I reinstalled Outlook 2000 after a virus and in the old
one, (same version/install disc) when I created an email
message, the send button was a drop down menu with a
selection of email addresses to "send from"

Now I can only send emails from the one address and
everyone replies to my dial up address, when I need them
to be replying to the correct address.

How do I get this feature back???
0
shazza1 (1)

You don't say why you cannot use this feature?  Are you saying the dropdown
is no longer there or it doesn't work?

If the button is missing you can add it again - use the Customise menu to
find it.  I am now using Outlook XP so cannot walk you through it - but if
you right click on your toolbar you will find customise.

Chris
"Sharon" <shazza@ridebmx.co.nz> wrote in message
> I reinstalled Outlook 2000 after a virus and in the old
> one, (same version/install disc) when I created an email
> message, the send button was a drop down menu with a
> selection of email addresses to "send from"
>
> Now I can only send emails from the one address and
> everyone replies to my dial up address, when I need them
> to be replying to the correct address.
>
> How do I get this feature back???

You failed to mention in which mail support mode you installed Outlook 2000.
If you don't know, then that's your problem. Look at Line 2 of Help | About
to see your mail support mode.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Sharon" <shazza@ridebmx.co.nz> wrote in message
> I reinstalled Outlook 2000 after a virus and in the old
> one, (same version/install disc) when I created an email
> message, the send button was a drop down menu with a
> selection of email addresses to "send from"
>
> Now I can only send emails from the one address and
> everyone replies to my dial up address, when I need them
> to be replying to the correct address.
>
> How do I get this feature back???

0
russval (3097)

Outlook 2002 emails arrive with .txt attachment
I haven't changed any settings unless that latest MS update for XP did something... Suddenly all my email is arriving with a copy of the email as a text file attachment. I can't see anywhere that has a setting related to this. What am I missing? I can't imagine what caused this out of the blue. All has been working perfectly for 2 years! Thanks, Sheila Try closing and reopening Outlook. Sometimes, and I don't know why, if Outlook has been open a really long time (days or weeks). this can happen. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the ...

rejected email
Hi, I've come up with a wierd problem. Most of my users have no problem sending email but when they send to one particular ISP it will get rejected. (By the way, it isn't know at this time if other ISP's are involved.) At first I thought it was an ISP problem but what I noticed on this ISP when I review the rejection is that it is rejecting it because the message says "Comcast requires a vaild sender domain." Before that message I noticed that the "valid domain" that Comcast is talking about is the internal domain of my network. For example: the intern...

Calandar invite for two days to choose from
Can I create a meeting invitation that recurs on Tuesday and Thursday, but the invitees can select one or the other that they want to attend? In other words, I'll be having the same meeting twice a week and some will attend one and some the other but I want it in one invite. Any thoughts? Thanks! "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6824F50D-8E5F-4DD0-826A-6C01547BB1D8@microsoft.com... > Can I create a meeting invitation that recurs on Tuesday and Thursday, but > the invitees can select one or the other that they want to attend?...

Rule to respond to email address in body of email
Hello, I want to set up a rule that will automatically respond to an email. The type of email is forwarded from a support email address associated to our customer portal. When a customer requests something a form is filled out from the portal and an email is sent to a general email box. The customer's email address is in the body of the email, so if I set up a rule to respond to the message, the response would just go back to our support email address instead of the customer. What is the best way to pull the customers email address from the body? There is a delimited trailing ...

How to get full address in "To" using first few letters of name
At one time, I was able to automatically get the full email address automatically entered in the "To' line after entering just the first few letters of the contact name. Now this only happens when I send another message to the same person I previously sent. How can I get this to work for all contacts? Autocompletion has never used your Contacts. It only uses a cache of previous recipients. -- Russ Valentine "bobengel" <bobengel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D279BE8E-33AE-40EC-9E28-EB614B8A292C@microsoft.com... > At one time, I...

Emailing field content
Hi, I have a form set so that when it is updated, an email is sent, using a table with field cotaining email addresses, to the system admininstraitor. What I need to do is now include the title and the comment fields as part of the main body. The Title field is text and the comment field is memo. Can anyone help please? Murdoc. -- Murdoc Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com "MurdocUK via AccessMonster.com" <u19068@uwe> wrote in message news:7fe0fdfcc2f12@uwe... > Hi, > > I have a form set so that when it is updated, an email is sent, using a >...

Email Public folder
I would like a Public folder to receive email from a fax machine that will email recipients. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Bob What version of Exchange? "Bob" <bob@fox.nstn.ca> wrote in message news:a7vub.108322$PD3.5581678@nnrp1.uunet.ca... > I would like a Public folder to receive email from a fax machine that will > email recipients. > > Any advice would be appreciated. > > Thanks > Bob > > Exchange 2000, that would help! Thanks Bob "Susan VanAllen [MVP]" <svanallen@nospam-mvps.org> wrote in message news:udZRC...

cannot open email accounts
I tried to open email accounts, but I receive an error message that says the following: the operation failed due to a registry or installation problem. restart outlook and try again. if the problem persists, please reinstall. I re-installed outlook xp and it still gives me the same problem. I have been using express meanwhile. help!!! AS I'm having the same problem!!! I had reinstalled Windows XP on my system because it kept locking up on me all the time. I then reinstalled Office 2000 and the Office XP upgrade. Now whenever I open Outlook it is ok, but whenever I send/rec...

who is sending the mail to my exchange 5.5
Who is sending mail, or witch workstation is sending mail. It looks like any computer has virus, but how can I see where the viruses is coming from, user workstation IP address or anything. I have an exchange 5.5 server. And every workstation should have a anti virus program. Source: drcnet@drcnet.org <drcnet@drcnet.org> Destination: TO: a user in my domain that doesn't exist Subject: HELLO Folder: Internet Mail Connector (mailserver) (MTS_OUT) File name: text.zip File size: 22642 bytes Scan result: W32/Mydoom.A@mm Action: Message stopped Shutdown machines one by ...

Number of Unread email in SPAM Folder incorrect
My corporate email is exchange. I have a SPAM filter set up to move all emails recognized as SPAM from the inbox to a folder called SPAM. At one point, my boss' SPAM surpassed 39,000 emails. I attempted to delete all of them at the same time. I think the system locked up in the middle of the delete. When the system restarted, the SPAM folder indicated 27,000+ emails still in the folder. However, none appear in the folder. My boss conitinues to let the folder accumulate SPAM. Periodically, I delete them for him. The problem is, the number indicated in blue and in parenthesis...

email address change notification
how do you create crteate an away message in Outlook 2000 ...

Video Email Tool
Has anyone use the video email tool with Outlook 2003. I cannot get it to find my camera. reinstall the camera drivers works ONLY with somebody that also has Outlook 2003 I use the Logitech software to send video - works with everybody "Gerald Hawkeye" <Gerald@users.hotpop.com> wrote in message news:10cf801c3f3bc$3b54a4b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Has anyone use the video email tool with Outlook 2003. I > cannot get it to find my camera. > ...

Save Email
Hi everybody, I just need to know if it's possible to save am email in a file .eml from outlook web access. Thank you I do not believe so. Text or Html only. Nue "ioalbus" <filippo.avvanzini@erreti.com> wrote in message news:1147354293.412247.274900@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > Hi everybody, > I just need to know if it's possible to save am email in a file .eml > from outlook web access. Thank you > On 11 May 2006 06:31:33 -0700, "ioalbus" <filippo.avvanzini@erreti.com> wrote: >Hi everybody, >I just need to know if it'...

I can send email but cannot receive email in Outlook 2003
This is the message I getting: ........ Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK 31209 octets follow.' I have tried disabling Norton Virus Protection and my firewall. Nothing changes. i still keep getting this message. Please help. "Sylvia" <Sylvia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AB7327D-4226-4A58-B364-B002DD811647@microsoft.com... > This is the message I getting: ...

Workflow If-Then-Else, Email Case Confirmations
Hi, I'm trying to set up an email auto-repsonse which will notify a customer that a case has been opened in the system. I have a 4-step Workflow like this: 1. Condition: if customer relationship = X a. send email #1 b. If customer is not relationship = X c. send email #2. First, I'm not 100% sure if these are the proper steps for an If-Then-Else and Second, I'm getting an error trying to save the workflow: Big Red X - "an error occurred when the workflow was being created. Try to save the workflow again." I have tried to save it several times...

Receiving email #4
I cannot get Outlook to act as the email client. All of my email go to Outlook Express instead. I have followed the steps for setting Outlook as the default for email. You set yr defaults in Internet Options? Without OE running, in OL you can send a test mail to yourself, and receive? David "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:047301c3da9f$539c18e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot get Outlook to act as the email client. All of > my email go to Outlook Express instead. I have followed > the steps for setting Outlook as the default for ...

outgoing email thru aol.com
cannot send email but can receive. have ckd all settings - see error msg below. any help will be appreciated. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'mormec@aol.com'. Subject 'testing...

AD not creating exchange emails in 2003 server STD and 2003 Exchan
I create a user and select the option "create exchange email" and not smtp or x400 emails are created.. anoying! what should I double check? I had a problem like this; however, I can't recall what was the fix. Try checking the logs in your exchange and AD servers. Sorry can't be any more help. "Tyler" wrote: > I create a user and select the option "create exchange email" > and not smtp or x400 emails are created.. anoying! > > what should I double check? ...

Fix for EXCHANGE to hotmail sending problem bdat
TURN OFF THE AUTO PROTECT FEATURE FOR INTERNET EMAIL IN THE SYMANTEC DESKTOP CLIENT THAT YOU INSTALLED ON YOUR EXCHANGE SERVER. IT MESSES UP BDAT ARGGGG!!!!!!! SOMETIMES I'M SUCH AN IDIOT!!! ...

email addrees
My e mail addrees is not working what can I do Stick to texting on your cellphone Oscar Aguilar wrote: > My e mail addrees is not working what can I do Call an email doctor. "Oscar Aguilar" <oaguilar@dc.rr.com> wrote in message news:eJVh8UDkKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... : My e mail addrees is not working what can I do : : Oscar Aguilar wrote: > My e mail addrees is not working what can I do Go back to using the telephone. --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER than yourse...

CRM 1.2 Email date
Isn't it possible to see the date of an activity in CRM ? A customer wants to see when he has send and recieved the different mails under activity, but I can't see how it is possible, don't tell me that it isn't. Jack Jack, One question first. Does your customer have access to your system, or is this for a user to be able to inform the customer? And i'm assuming that you want to be able to see this info from a top level and not have to drill into each mail to get the date, correct? Cheers Ben This is for a user to be able to inform the customer, and yes top le...

Help! I can't send any emails
I have an internal mail server at work, but we don't use the ".com" extention (ex. johndoe@sales). Outlook automatically pops up the "Check Names" box and says "Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognize johndoe@sales". Then it has a box with "suggestions", but that's blank. I checked under tools>options>email options>advanced email options and the "automatic name check" box is unchecked. I guess what I'm asking is, is there a way to get around this? I know there was a way to do it with Office XP, but I no lo...

Can't delete emails
Exchange server 2003, some users cannot delete theie email W/S is xp pro with outlook 2003 I've tried to change user rights and increasing mailbox size quotas to no avail. Try Shift-Delete On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:28:37 -0700, "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange server 2003, some users cannot delete theie >email W/S is xp pro with outlook 2003 >I've tried to change user rights and increasing mailbox >size quotas to no avail. ...

Outlook email attachments #3
When attaching files to an email. The attachment shows as an icon in the body of the text rather then in the pop up window between Cc: and subject. I have tried to find a way to change this but cannot seem to find a way. Any help? This is where Outlook will place them if the message is in Rich Text format. HTML and Plain Text format message put them in a separate field in the message Window. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Ed T." <anonymous@...

show which email account is use when edit an email
In Outlook express there is a "From" field that shows you which email account is using if you have multiple email account. However, in Outlook there is no such field. Where can I enable this function? Thanks. KK In the new mail message window, click on the Accounts button on the toolbar and select the account you want to use to send the message. >-----Original Message----- >In Outlook express there is a "From" field that shows you >which email account is using if you have multiple email >account. However, in Outlook there is no such field. Where >...