How do I check if Outlook is my default mail client

How do I check if Outlook is my default mail client? And if it is not how do
I set it default?

0
A6686 (35)

Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and Defaults.

And in IE: Tools | Internet Options | Programs.

Outlook and Outlook Express are entirely different programs. You will get
better help in an MS Outlook newsgroup:

--
          Bruce Hagen
 MS-MVP Outlook Express

"aa" <A@aa.com> wrote in message
> How do I check if Outlook is my default mail client? And if it is not how
> do
> I set it default?

0
Nospam7129 (23)
12/6/2006 8:06:56 PM
Bruce Hagen <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote:

> Outlook and Outlook Express are entirely different programs. You will
> get better help in an MS Outlook newsgroup:

S/he did post it in an Outlook newsgroup, as well as the OE group.
--
Brian Tillman
0

0
A6686 (35)

Viewing attachments in Outlook 2000
Is it possible to view attachments in line with Outlook 2000? I know in Outlook Express there is an option for this and the pics just show up right in the email. However I cannot find a way to do this in Outlook and have to right click and View attachment 1 at a time which is a pain. Any help appreciated. Ray Outlook can only display images "inline" if the sender used HTML or Rich Text format for the message and embedded the image into the body. If the image was sent as an attachment, you will always receive it as an attachment. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Mes...

Problems with Outlook 2002 after downgrade
I had Office 2000 installed without Outlook. I installed a copy of Outlook 2003. I then un-installed Outlook 2003, and upgraded Office 2000 to Office 2002 to include Outlook 2002. I have three pop accounts set up. After doing this, I cannot use the "Send and Receive" button, I just get a message which says "The Operation failed" and nothing else. If I go to Tools-Send and Receive and choose any of the options there, they all work, i.e. I can get mail for all accounts or each account individually. Also the only option under Tools-Send and Receive settings that works is "...

Launching outlook #2
why do I get a message box "Microsoft LDAP Directory" when I launch Outlook 2003? Email is a pop3 account. I can cancel out of it fine, but I would prefer that it not come up at all. Please tell me how to "disable" it. Remove the LDAP service from your profile; Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> View or change existing directories or address books -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Laura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

access to http://servername/help/default.aspx is denied: HTTP Error 401.2
On the productive CRM installation the help button on top right of each form, does not show the requested help, but an error message, that access is denied. http://servername/help/default.aspx HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied CRM Server is installed on 64-bit Windows server 2008 R2. For the rest there are no access denied errors on the crm itself. On our development installation on a 32-bit windows server 2003 there is no such problem. Who can give me a hint? Patrik Vogel Is the "Help" Virtual Directory under the CRM website using CRMAppPool? how about...

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Outlook would not open...
I am running Outlook 2002. As soon as It opens , I get a message: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Runtime Error! c:\program files\microsoft office\office10\outlook.exe When I click OK, outlook shuts down. Thanks ...

How do I create Check list

Authorizing checks with RMS

Outlook (and Excel) stops working after MSXML installation
I installed MSXML 4.0 as per the "critical updates" message on my W98 today. After re-boot, when I try to open Outlook I get message "Unable to open your defauilt mail folder - the information store could not be opened" and then "Would you like to open your default file system folder instead?" - this is no good and I can't find anything. I can't open Excel either, I get messages about Visual Basic and when I close it, I get message "This process will stop the debugger". I now have a shortcut on my desktop "Microsoft MXL 4.0 parser&...

Mailing sales literature or Knowledgebase articles
Does anyone have any ideas on workarounds for attaching doc.s to emails to send to customers? I would appreciate any help...we would like to send customers sales and informational documents but cannot figure how to attach from within CRM...Someone must be doing somethin creative out there? You could possibly create a workflow rule that sends an email with an attachment. "Mike" wrote: > Does anyone have any ideas on workarounds for attaching doc.s to emails > to send to customers? I would appreciate any help...we would like to > send customers sales and informational d...

Outlook Web Access #41
I am unable to view anything when opening Outlook Web Access. The page is set up as it should be, but i receive the message that there are no items to show in this view. Try posting this in an Exchange group - microsoft.public.exchange.admin is probably a good one. Outlook Web Access is actually a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com an...

HTTP mail option not available
I am using Outlook 2002 and when I try to set up an HTTP mail account, the option for HTTP is greyed out. Why is the HTTP mail account type not available? ...

Printing Checks

Set user permission to have right to create mail-enable account
Dear All, Can I know how can I set the minimum permission to have right to create mail-enable account. I have root AD called test.com, child dc called hk.test.com (installed exchange2003 server), and cn.test.com(only installed ESM) cn.test.com 's mail accoount store in hk.test.com 's exchange server, now I would like to assign permission to cn.test.com some domain user to have minimum permission to create mail enable account in Active directory user and computer snap in. When I create mail-enable account, I have no choice in "maiboxl store" option except root admi...

macs and outlook 2001
We have Macs in our division and recently they upgraded to a new Exchange server software. Outlook works fine UNTIL you change your password.... New company policy has made us change out passwords every 45 days... or more.. no problem but this new exchange has this NTML version 2 authenication... so version 9.0 software is totally useless after we change our password... to make a long story short. we can't upgrade to OS X without spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in updating specialized equipment . Is Microsoft or anbody else making e-mail client program that works with this...

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Outlook 2003 RTM/SP1: What happens at midnight and why?
Like something out of "Dark City," at midnight, Outlook changes. If your Inbox is arranged by Groups, Outlook opens every single one of them for you. Why? It still happens in SP1, so it must be intentional. For what purpose? There's apparently a way to keep all the Groups collapsed, but I haven't tried that because I wouldn't want that. I have some open (the newer ones), some closed (the older ones), and I want them to stay that way until I say so. Too bad. ...

Outlook 2007 Hangs
A user is reporting that whenever they (sort email, send/receive, search mail) Outlook 2007 hangs and they get the "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server" in the bottom right hand corner. I have checked the usual things (no RSS feeds, we don't use cached mode). Anything else I should do? I haven't tried a repair, but does anyone think that may help? Thanks, Bryce. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Hi Bryce, Make sure that Outlook has Full Access going through the Firewall. Also, check your Anti-Virus packag...

OUTLOOK ON NT SERVER
Anyone know where the .pst file is located at on NT SERVER? Tim's advice was sound; do a Start | Find | Files or Folders and search for *.PST. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "jamie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03fb01c3a4aa$e9db6110$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know where the .pst file is located at on NT > SERVER? ...

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

SFO client install error 02-03-05
hello... i have got a problem that the shortcuts and the crm icon in the mail box will not show out when i install the SFO client software and I got the error message "Setup has failed because of an error. Setup unable to install the .msi file for Microsoft CRM SFO" I have tried to uninstall the software many time, even i changed the Domain but the problem still happened. does anyone get the idea how to resolve it? Thanks Jerry, Be sure you followed all of the pre requisites before the install is attempted. Make sure the web client is operational. Indexing services are in...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...