How do I change the "and" to "or" with multiple Rules (and Alerts)?

In Outlook you can configure rules in the "Rules and Alerts" Wizard by
checking various options such as "from people or distribution list",
"with specified words in the subject", etc. etc.  When you check 2 or
more of these , they are listed with "and" between each rule, but I
need them to be listed with "or", how can I change that?

--
bschimmel
0

you can't change it. Outlook only does AND between rules. You'll need to
make separate rules.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"bschimmel" <bschimmel.54730e8@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> In Outlook you can configure rules in the "Rules and Alerts" Wizard by
> checking various options such as "from people or distribution list",
> "with specified words in the subject", etc. etc.  When you check 2 or
> more of these , they are listed with "and" between each rule, but I
> need them to be listed with "or", how can I change that?
>

> --
> bschimmel

0
Diane

Rules or Tasks and Notes?
Is it possible to set rules for tasks, notes and appointments so that, e.g. if the task contains 'Burble' it could be automatically maked as a Burble Project task in much the same way as an email rule might? -- Jeremy jeremyatcommunityhypenrelationsdotcoetc On 7/26/04 5:54 AM, "Jeremy Fieldsend" wrote: > Is it possible to set rules for tasks, notes and appointments so that, > e.g. if the task contains 'Burble' it could be automatically maked as a > Burble Project task in much the same way as an email rule might? Under discussion on the entourage ng, a muc...

Can't Change and Re-Sort
I have a spreadsheet that has many columns, some of which I am trying to sort by. One Column is called Closed Date, and is in Date Format. Another column is called Referred Date and is in Date Format. And another is called Status and is in General Format. I am sorting the spreadsheet first by Closed Date, then by Referred Date, then by Status. It sorts fine. nIf I correct a date and re-sort, it re-sorts fine. BUT, if I correct a date and a status, it does not re-sort correctly...the changed records is at the bottom of the spreadsheet out of the sort sequence. I just can't fi...

Format changes to header and footer
Is it possible to apply a formatting change (i.e. indents & spacing) to the footers of ALL SECTIONS of a sectioned document at the same time, without screwing up the rest of the document? Doing it one section at a time is a bit tedious. I suppose I should have checked it when I started the document, but we know what they say about hindsight.... It can be done with the use of a macro such as: Dim i As Long, j As Long, k As Long With ActiveDocument For i = 1 To .Sections.Count For j = 1 To .Sections(i).Footers.Count With .Sections(i).Footers(j).Ra...

calculate percent between 10.0 and 12.0 for data in multiple sheet
Hi, I have data of blood test results for patients in an excel file, with each patient's data being placed on one worksheet. For instance: Data for PatientA are in worksheet called "PatientA" where cell A9 is patient's Hemoglobin value Data for PatientB are in worksheet called "PatientB", where cell A9 is patient's Hemoglobin value ...... Data for PatientZ are in worksheet called "PatientZ"; cell A9 is patient's Hemoglobin value I need to create a summary sheet, where A9 in the summary sheet would give me the percentage of among...

Changing the color of a command box
I've inserted a form button from the toolbar for forms. It is easy to change the color of the text, but I can't find anyway to change the color of the button. Is there a way to change this box's color and how. Thanks Bob Reynolds You can use the command button instead or build your own button using shapes from the drawing toolbar. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Bob Reynolds" <rjr1040@bellsouthReMoVeThIsFiRsT.net> wrote in message news:2onDc.2624$AN5.846@bignews2.bel...

Forwarding Rule and HTML
I have Outlook 2000 running in Internet Mail Only Mode. I have created a rule that forwards incoming messages that include specific words in the sender's address to a contact. The rule executes correctly all the time no matter what the incoming format of the message is. However, the contact that recieves these messages cannot always see the attachments. I discovered that if the incoming message is plain text the recipient can see the attachment, if the incoming message is HTML or rich text it is sent as rich text. I have tried changing my mail format to plain, html, and rich text wit...

Security Role setting for "Change Stage" and "Apply rule"
Hello, I have following problem: I have a custom role, that differs in some positions from the standard "sales representative" role. The CRM users, that are in this custom role only, have not the menu entries "Change Stage" and "Apply rule" in their own opportunity, but t he administrator can see them. Does anybody knows, which settings in the security role definition enables the user access to the changing stage of the workflow process? Regards On Jul 19, 3:56 pm, Alexander <Alexan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have f...

Changing Order and Quote names
I know you all have answered this before but I can't find it now. Is it possible to rename the entities Order and Quote to something different? If there is a way to do this change, is it supported? Is there an unsupported way to do this? Changing these names to match our company lingo would make implementing this much smoother. Thanks for your assistance. Jared Frank Affinigent, Inc. Jared While it may be possible you would have to alter the underlying code to do it meaning microsoft would not support you. Also the words would have to be changed in many different places. I would ...

Change color font and background combo box
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP Pro SP2 Hi, How can I change the font and background color of combo box I am using? If you got the ComboBox from the Forms toolbar, I don't think you can. If you got it from the Controls Toolbar, then (when in Design Mode) right-click it and select Properties from the popup menu that appears. Rick "stef" <notvalid@nomail.nul> wrote in message news:OlF3UE3yIHA.3624@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Excel 2002 SP3 > Win XP Pro SP2 > > Hi, > > How can I change the font and background color of combo box I am using? > Rick, I got i...

OWA and Change Password Option
I have 2 mailbox stores on the same exchange server. Any user with a mailbox on the original store has the chane password option via owa. The newley created store on the same server doesn't have the change password option for anyone. Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance, Shane ...

Changing Text Box Size and Location on a form, at run time with Access Xp
Hello All, Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on a form at run time, by Drag and drop or resizing borders using the mouse events. (Just like the design mode but the user will use it at run time on form view). Thanks in advance... You should be able to resize in your code if necessary. Me.control.Visible = True Me.control.Height = 1000 Me.control.Width = 1000 Don't forget to set them back when you are done. "Developer" wrote: > Hello All, > Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on > a ...

Change AND to OR
Like change the criterion of search of AND to OR in the filters of the CRM? Thanks, no way to do this,.....either create your own app or purchase one from an ISV, for example: http://www.c360.com/SearchPac.aspx -Gary "Eduardo Testa" <etesta@voipgroup.com> wrote in message news:OItXnbGOEHA.1348@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Like change the criterion of search of AND to OR in the filters of the CRM? > Thanks, > > ...

word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes, using endnote and inserting pictures from file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes and using endnote and when i am inserting pictures from file. i seem to have no other options but force quit then i get lots of recovered documents. i am doing doctoral study so my documents have endnote field notes and changes highlighted. <br><br>inserting pictures from file into a word document causes instant hanging. Judging from the array of causes you're listing I believe there may be several things that need to be addressed. Sinc...

Change Default value for Date and Time Value
Is it possible to st a default value for date and time field? For example: Task Due Time is always set to be 12.00am, we would like to change it to 800am or 9.00am, etc. I've looked at the attribute itself and system settings from organization, but i couldn't locate anything there? Is this possible in CRM thanks, ...

Versioning and Change Control in Excel. What are the popular ways of tracking versions and/or changes?
I suppose this is really two separate questions really. Just curious what are the methods employed by the users of this group for spreadsheet versioning, and also what are the methods employed to track changes within a spreadsheet. I know that 2003 had a version tracker as well as "Track Changes" functions, but they were rather hopeless in deployment. Are there any add-ins or other type of development software that people here have used that work well? I've looked at various software packages, but most are very expensive and require hardware and use of a network or communal ty...

Change SQL Server Name and Reporting Services Impact?
Folks: Need help ! I want to move my CRM 3.0 SQL Server 2000 Databases from SERVER1 to SERVER2 (no change in SQL version). In our environment the Reporting services is on different server. Will only copying the databases and restoring it on SERVER2 and then changing the server name using Deployment Manager work? Is there anything I need to do apart from restoring databases and copying the msdb crm jobs? Our Envirnonement: ------------------------- SERVER1 (Old Server) --------------------------- SQL Server Databases version 2000 - Organization_Name_MSCRM - Organization_Name_METABASE - ...

In outlook 2003, priority of rules and Junk email
who can tell me, In outlook 2003, which one run first when an email is coming to inbox, rules or Junk email filter? Thank you! :) If there are rules configured and it applies to a junk e-mail the rule will fire but not the JEF. This will be changed in SP1. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Steven" <stevenpass@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OS9tSeOWEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > who can tell me, In outlook 2003, which one run first when...

Non-modal forms and multiple documents
I have a non-modal form over my documents for convenience tools while I am working with it. Essentially a constantly-running macro until the form is closed. It is set to automatically run upon opening the file. The macro/form is based off a template file so that if I send the document to someone else, they won't get the macros, since they don't need it. The problem I am coming across is that if I have documentA loaded, with the macro running, and open up documentB for reference. Instead of running a separate process of the macro, it takes over the macro running with ...

Combo Box text and Controls changing size on Monitor change
Hi I have two combo boxes and a control button on a spreadhseet that work fine on my montior. When I remove my laptop and use my laptop screen so control button seems to grow, and when I select from the combo box the text in the combo box shrinks each time I select an option, until it becomes unreadable. Does anyone know why this is or how I can prevent it happening please? Cheers Rich ...

Am I able to link excel info with word and have it change when i c
this goes with my other question and problem i need help to do this. i have word and excel 2003 Your question is not clear. Please put the entire question in the body of the message. "Dawn" wrote: > this goes with my other question and problem i need help to do this. i have > word and excel 2003 ...

Checking the subform and changing the link on the fly
Hello All is there a way to change the linkmasterfields and linkchildfields on the fly based on the possible values in the subform? i have a subform that needs to be linked based on either 1 or 2 fields depending on whether or not the data in the underlying table has a value in a field. my current code looks like this: Private Sub sfrmtblStaticPartPrices_Enter() Dim subfrmRepisEmpty As Integer subfrmRepisEmpty = Nz(DLookup("ServiceRepID", "tblStaticValues", "IMWPN = " & "'" & VisualID & "'&qu...

One or more rules could not be upload to the Exchange server and have been deactivated...
Hi there, I have a user that is trying to create one client side rule. Basically they are moving a message from inbox to a personal folder. The rule works when you run it manually but when you click OK, to try and store the client side rule I get the following: One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules. Like I said, the user has one and only one rule, then one I just created. Thanks in advance Paul Hi Paul, maybe this d...

Is there a way I can change a users out of office without changing their password and logging into their mapi profile?
Thanks you can give youself "full mailbox" access and "send as" rights to the mailbox, then logon to it, and change it... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "combfilter" <whore@whore.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1f5f746a2c6752f989693@news.newsreader.com... > Thanks In news:MPG.1f5f746a2c6752f989693@news.newsreader.com, combfilter <whore@whore.com> typed: > Thanks Hi - when you post in these or any newsgrops, best to put a consise summary of your question in the subject line, and the full details in the body of your post. This would include your v...

changes and passwords
hello. I am working on a quote tool in excel. people go into the spread sheet - make their selections and it will come up with a final cost. at this stage my boss has to validate the quote. I need there to be some part of the sheet that only he can access and maybe tick a box to say he has validated the quote. once he has done this if anybody changes anything in the spreadsheet it should loose his validation. any help is appreciated! I think you need to think about how strong you want to make the protected part of the sheet. One solution would be to have an area of your sheet set...