How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?

I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to
block those messages?

yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list

--

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

www.judygleeson.com
www.deskdoctors.com

Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing
Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website.
"Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to
> block those messages?

0
Judy
11/19/2009 9:04:04 AM
Add the address to the blocked senders list - right click on the message and
choose Junk Email, Add sender to blocked senders list.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to
> block those messages?

0
Diane
11/19/2009 2:25:38 PM
Marco wrote:

> I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to
> block those messages?

Is this for spam e-mail or for e-mails from the same known sender?
Blacklists of e-mail addresses are ineffective against spam since
spammers lie about their e-mail address and change it everytime they
spew their garbage.
0
VanguardLH
11/19/2009 8:23:29 PM
I have added a sender that doesn’t change the email address to my blocked
senders, they still end up in the Junk Mail Box. I have created a rule that
say if the message is from yyy.com, delete the message. That didn't work
either as it still appears in the Junk Mailbox. I don't want them in my junk
mail, I don't want them show up anywhere. It would be nice to be able to
delete them automatically.
Tom

> Add the address to the blocked senders list - right click on the message
> and choose Junk Email, Add sender to blocked senders list.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>

> "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to
>> block those messages?

0
Tom
11/20/2009 7:22:56 AM
"Tom from WI" <not_real@noname-isp.us> wrote in message

>I have added a sender that doesn’t change the email address to my blocked
>senders, they still end up in the Junk Mail Box. I have created a rule that
>say if the message is from yyy.com, delete the message. That didn't work
>either as it still appears in the Junk Mailbox. I don't want them in my junk
>mail, I don't want them show up anywhere. It would be nice to be able to
>delete them automatically.

The Junk E-mail filter runs before the Rules engine, so anything tagged as
Junk E-mail by the filter will be moved prior to rules running.  Have you
tried adding the address to the Safe Sender list so that the Junk E-mail
filter will ignore it, then adding a rule to delete anything from that
address?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
11/20/2009 4:09:11 PM
Blocked senders go to junk email folder; the junk rules run before rules
wizard - so the behavior you see is correct. If you remove the name from the
blocked list and the junk filter doesn't pick it up as junk, the rule will
work. It might also work if you put the sender on the safe list and use the
rule.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Tom from WI" <not_real@noname-isp.us> wrote in message
> I have added a sender that doesn’t change the email address to my blocked
> senders, they still end up in the Junk Mail Box. I have created a rule
> that say if the message is from yyy.com, delete the message. That didn't
> work either as it still appears in the Junk Mailbox. I don't want them in
> my junk mail, I don't want them show up anywhere. It would be nice to be
> able to delete them automatically.
> Tom
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Add the address to the blocked senders list - right click on the message
>> and choose Junk Email, Add sender to blocked senders list.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>>

>> "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible
>>> block those messages?

0
Diane

Exchange web access does not poll messages until.
Exchange web access does not poll from our pop account until someone in our office does a send and receive on our particular workstations. Is there a way around this? We try a send receive from within our web access but it does not poll from our pop accounts. by the way we are using server 2003 , and exchange server 2003. Thanks guys Are you using a POP connector or Internet Mail in Outlook? If the former, the send/receive settings are determined by the POP connector itself. If the latter, you aren't going to be able to use Internet Mail in OWA very efficiently (without someone who is...

Rules: messages from people in distribution list
Is there any way to create a rule that recognizes e-mails sent from people IN a distribution list? As opposed to e-mails sent to a distribution list. Thanks, CJ > Is there any way to create a rule that recognizes e-mails sent from > people IN a distribution list? As opposed to e-mails sent to a > distribution list. Yes. Just create the rule under Tools - Rules and Alerts and specify messages from the DL. It used to work, I assume it still does. -- -f.h. F.H. Muffman wrote: > Yes. Just create the rule under Tools - Rules and Alerts and specify > messages from the ...

Outlook ,blocks
When I receive mail in Outlook or Outlook Express, the program blocks almost every time, certainly after I removed some emails ? Define "blocks". The 'block' we're most familiar with is blocked attachments, but it doesn't sound like you are talking about that, but if you are... See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm. If you use OE, hit Forward o...

Macro to add text to a Message
Hi all, Although I have used VBA in Excel, I have never used it in Outlook. Using Outlook 2007, What I would like to do seems simple enough but I have no clue how to do it. All I want to do is add text to the body of a message. I thought something like this would work but I get the error message "Sub of Function not defined". I know I'm missing an event or something but I'm not sure. Can someone please help? Sub APPRVL_REQ_TEXT() Dim Aprvl_Text As String Aprvl_Text = "Your approval is requested for the following contract renewals. Please a...

Recover lost messages in send receive
I had a user logon to exchange this moring via a pop account. His send / receive window said downloading message 1 of 160. He left this running and returned later to find the process had completed, I am told there were no error messages, but there is no sign of the messages at the client. Also the messages have been cleared from his exchange inbox. Is there any way of recovering / undelete'ing messages pop'ed from exchange ? Dave <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I had a user logon to exchange this moring via a pop account. His send / >receive window said dow...

Can't install update KB9532957...see below message for particulars
I STILL can't install: Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows XP (etc) and Windows Server 2008 R2 ( KB953297 ) More and more system blocks and failures are occuring... PLEASE HELP !!! Many thanks in advance! See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953297 For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge for support c...

Blocking email address
we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how to acheive this? Install an antispam service. Perhaps IMF will allow you to do this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44892250-76C8-418D-9705-DAE7F407A699@microsoft.com... > we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so > that no one in our organization gets that email. Coul...

Concatenate multiple rows Into one Unique Identifier
I need to concatenate multiple rows into one unique identifier. So, my unique identifier is #id. The number of multiple rows can vary for each #id and each row has a unique number and I need to keep them in order. So, let's say #id 1224567 has 5 rows and each row has a max of 255 characters. #id #line #rep_text 1224567 0 hello, my name 1224567 1 is Suzie and 1224567 2 I would like to put 1224567 3 this all into one 1224567 4 text field. My end result would be after concatenation: 1224567 hello, my name is Suzie and I would like to put this all into one text f...

tracking user messages
Hi how to obtain the ip address or machine name of an user who is sending message from outlook 2003 client and on a private wan ( not using SMTP connection through internet) thanks at all Try auditing successfull logon events then search the log for that account...if memory serves that will give you computer name and username. "Frédéric de Thysebaert" wrote: > Hi > how to obtain the ip address or machine name of an user who is sending > message from outlook 2003 client and on a private wan ( not using SMTP > connection through internet) > > th...

Blocking image download automatically
Hi all. Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in Office XP as it is in Office 2003? TIA Guy Not exactly since that feature was added in OL2003. You could use the ReadAsPlain feature: http://outlooktips.net/howto/plain_text.htm "Guy Cohen" <noemail@please.com> wrote in message news:emCL34GqFHA.1096@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all. > Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in > Office XP as it is in Office 2003? Outlook 2002 does not support that feature. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Guy Cohen" <no...

moving old OE messages/folders into new computer
I'm trying to move or copy messages, nicely organized and residing in several inbox/sent subfolders from OE v6 in my old computer to OE v6 in my new computer. Also trying to move address book/contacts. I have tried usb cable transfer, net-working, even putting the old hard drive in the new machine; nothing works. The OE v6 in my new computer will not see any of this stuff or recognize formats. Any thoughts? Thanks Bud Calloway bud@nstarplanes.com FLL, FL For OE info see here http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ or an OE ng not OL, completely different app. "bud calloway" &...

Bad Mail folder #4
How do I read the mail in the Bad Mail folder? Exchange 2003 Thank you Drag the .BAD files into Outlook Express. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "John" <john@vickerstechnology.com> wrote in message news:12bfd01c44340$26fb7c40$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I read the mail in the Bad Mail folder? Exchange > 2003 > > Thank you ...

Incoming Outlook messages
When I receive a message in Outlook, the name of the sender is listed wrong. The person to whom the e-mail is sent is listed, so sometimes it is me and sometimes it is the other people who are cc'ed. How do I correct this? Why do you think Outlook is doing this? What you see on received messages is controlled by the sender not the recipient. Clarify your post. -- Russ Valentine "haakon" <haakon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DF08CEE-B4FB-42E6-8877-9D0F1AAACD53@microsoft.com... > When I receive a message in Outlook, the name of the ...

calculate form control if one of them is blank
I have a report that has two subreports. On each subreport is a calculated field. On the main report I have a textbox that adds the two calculated fields together (basically...[SubReportCalc1]+[SubReportCalc1]). This works fine unless one of the subreport fields are blank, this happens when there was nothing to calculate. How can i get it to still calculate on the main report correctly? See: Bring the total from a subreport onto a main report at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-18.html The article shows how to use the HasData property of the subreport to avoid the error...

"Best Practice"
Hello all, I am in the process of setting up new templates for our company. There are quite a few templates, and all have similar characteristics but slightly different information. I am creating them as .dotx files (working in Word 2007). I'm trying to figure out the best way to use Quick Parts within the context of multiple templates. There is some information (for example, addresses of different company locations) that need to be inserted into several of the templates. I'd like to create Quick Parts for doing this, and in fact have done this in one of the templat...

sending message
hi On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 22:22:29 -0000, "Muftah Thbut" <meftah.007@googlemail.com> wrote: >hi Muftah, if you're looking for a chat room, look elsewhere. This is a technical support newsgroup for Microsoft Access, a database program. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Why aren't blocked senders being blocked?
I have set up a domain as a blocked sender, but I keep getting emails from this blocked domain (e.g. @yahoo.com). This used to work fine in Outlook 2002, but now with 2003, this feature doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com ...

stop email message farwarding
Is there a way to prevent receipients from forwarding messages that are sent to them? Thanks, Todd ONly if you and the recipients are using Outlook 2003 and implemente Rights Management. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Todd" <todd.mickelsen@smr.tv> wrote in message news:027b01c3bf66$9ab70180$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to prevent receipients from forwarding > messages that are sent to them? > Thanks, > Todd ...

excel, mail merge numbering in publisher
Maybe I should of asked this in excel, but I posted my previous question here about numbering tickets. consecutively, I have tried one side and seems to work (thanks Mary) Now to try the other side, but before that. I would like the numbers go 001 then 002 then so on. Everytime I try to put the zero's they disappear? I tried formatting the numbers but maybe I am missing something? thanks Bruce ps, why don't I get notification when someone puts and answer? I do click the notify me or replies button? thanks Once you have your numbers in place in Excel, format the field as te...

Out of Office message #6
Ok, I am confused. I turn on my out of office in outlook 2003 (running exchange 2003). It seems to work ok. I close outlook and reopen it, I get the message saying out of office is on, would you like to turn it off, I say no, don't turn it off. I log off, then log back on, open up outlook, but do not get the warning that out of office is on, until I select tools out of office assistant. Then the out of office screen comes up saying out of office is on.... How do I make it automatically come up? When you closed Outlook did you verify that the outlook.exe process indeed stopped?...

Exchange Attachment Blocking
During setup Exchange 2003 asked something about attachment blocking, which I said yes to and made sure it had vbs, pif, scr, etc listed...where is this setting if I want to add additional file extensions to the list? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Dave Start here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290499 Scenario 2. dave wrote: > During setup Exchange 2003 asked something about > attachment blocking, which I said yes to and made sure it > had vbs, pif, scr, etc listed...where is this setting if > I want to add additional file extensions to the li...

Sorting with Conditions-This is a tough one
I have a huge spreadsheet containing part numbers, work order numbers, labor time, and due dates. Here are the constraints 1. Cannot exceed certain amount of labor hours in one day (For this example let's use 10 hours 2. Cannot repeat the same part number within that block of 10 hour 3. Work must be sorted by due date within 10 hour block (that's the easy part Look at the example below Part Number W.O. Labor Time (Hours) Due Dat A 100 2 1/1/0 A 101 2 ...

blocking senders #2
I'm considering switching to Outlook (Office XP) from OE for my e-mail. OE had an option of blocking senders based on their domain, but I can't find that in Outlook. The only thing Outlook gives me is the option of blocking by the display name or address. For example I want to be able to block everything from @internet.ch not just oiurwfgohgrh@internet.ch (or better yet everything from .ch). I can't even find a way to make outlook display the senders real address instead of a name or how to find the full header, properties & source of a message. -- Bill Mitchell To block a...

Utilities Error message
I'm in the process of setting up a test server with a copy of some of our companies on a new server (Server 2008 and SQL 2008). I copied the Dynamics database as well as 1 of our company data bases. I installed GP and then ran the SP4 Service pack. However, when I try to run GP Utilities I'm getting a message that says "Other users are currently using Microsoft Dynamics GP. You cannot update tables while anyone is using Microsoft Dynamics GP." I've run the ClearCompanies SQL script and I've also followed the directions in KB 932027 (DELETE DYNAMICS..ACTIVIT...

mail label creation from Outlook
Can mail labels be created from the Outlook 'contact' list ? I now have all my contacts in Outlook, and don't want to go back ... nor do I want to pay $40 for Aladdin. thanks, D "thomasda" <thomasda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AD6E785-53A3-4B79-AE45-9D04B659C5C8@microsoft.com... > Can mail labels be created from the Outlook 'contact' list ? I now have > all > my contacts in Outlook, and don't want to go back ... nor do I want to pay > $40 for Aladdin. thanks, D Depending on version....select the c...