How do I automatically prompt to file a sent message?

As a former NOTES user, I've become accustomed to being able to both send and
file an email in "one" step.  In Outlook the default is to file the sent item
in the "sent" folder, or the folder in which the original message resides.
I'd like the option of choosing any folder in which to file the sent message
to come up automatically when I send an email.

Any ideas?
0
Sherrett (1)

See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm for sample VBA code
to do this.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Sherrett" <Sherrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> As a former NOTES user, I've become accustomed to being able to both send
> and
> file an email in "one" step.  In Outlook the default is to file the sent
> item
> in the "sent" folder, or the folder in which the original message resides.
> I'd like the option of choosing any folder in which to file the sent
> message
> to come up automatically when I send an email.
>
> Any ideas?

0
suemvp (4038)

Duplicate Messages #6
I have several users in our organization who receive some messages multiple times. These messages are downloaded repeatedly when the users complete a send/receive, and after several times, it stops. It is not specific to specific senders, either internal or external. When it happens, usually they will not receive more than 7 or 8 of the same exact message. Users are using Outlook 2002 with SP 3 and latest updates applied. The email is downloaded from a POP3 server. Clients are NOT configured to leave a copy of messages on the server. Any hints or leads GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in a...

how to convert .doc file to .jpg file
I want to use COM to convert WORD file (.doc) to a series of graphics files, such as .jpg file. Each page in WORD file should be one graphics file. How can I do it? Thanks! Check this out: http://www.virtualsoftware.com/ProdPage.cfm?ProdID=1272 -- Elias http://lgwm.org/ "fadics" <fadics@sohu.com> wrote in message news:bjm320$2q99$1@mail.cn99.com... > I want to use COM to convert WORD file (.doc) to a series of graphics files, > such as .jpg file. Each page in WORD file should be one graphics file. How > can I do it? > > Thanks! > > Thank you. Perha...

urgent: Mail appears sent in Outlook but is never reaching recipient
Hello, I met a very wierd problem with outlook 2002, here is my settings: Client: outlook 2002 + Bynari plugin (for calendar and Task) Server: postfix + cyrus-imapd + Active Directory authentication and mail address query some users complain sometimes (not alltimes) they sent email, the email seemed ok, and it went to "Sent Items", but the recipient did not receive it. I checked the server log, there is no log for these emails, and can not set the postfix log to debug mode, because this will make the server extremely busy. So I enable outlook logging, the following is the l...

Symantec Email Proxy Deleted Message
When email was deleted, users received a message that read "Symantec Email Proxy Deleted Message". The flaw was first detected 14 October and Symantec began issuing a patch for the problem last week, said Symantec UK company spokesperson Katherine James. This is what is happening to me, but I cannot locate the patch on Symantec's website....HELP! Contact Symantec again and ask them to send it to you. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Terri" <phiter@mail....

How to do with xml file -> schema file (fuction i .NET)
I use a BulkLoad to import file.xml to my base MS Server 2000. To import this xml file I need schema file. Mayby you know how to do this file mechanicy f.g. mayby somebody have some script in .net who generate this schema. for any help Thanks ======== My xml file ================================= <ROOT> <Customers> <CustomerId>5555</CustomerId> <CompanyName>Jagoda1</CompanyName> <City>NY</City> </Customers> <Customers> <CustomerId>0200</CustomerId> <Comp...

how to save part of an Excel worksheet as .jpg file
how to save part of an Excel worksheet as .jpg file Press CTRL+Print Screen. Open a photo editing program and paste screencap into it. Then crop down to the area you want to show as a picture. "lylegalveston" wrote: > how to save part of an Excel worksheet as .jpg file Take a screen print of the active application (alt + print screen) then edit it in a photo editor or get a program like Snagit (screen capture program), I use the latter myself and it's great Regards, Peo Sjoblom "lylegalveston" <lylegalveston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Automatic CC

Messages stuck in Outbox + Heavy CPU load Outlook 2007
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have a very annoying problem. On a random messages, Outlook "decides" that a certain message will not leave the outbox whatsoever, even if I will write the same message again and again. It happens usually with attachments (usually small ones) but not always. This is what is happening usually: I am writing the message as usual, and trying to send it. In the lower corner, Outlook informs that send/receive was completed successfully but the message remains in the outbox, and somehow blinks a little (if I can describe it ...

Error message
Each time I send a e-mail I get the following error messages: The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Testing', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0...

Automatic axis format

When start Outlook, it doesn't prompt for the password for PST file.
How to get the "Password for Personal Folder Dialog Box" to appear when Outlook starts. ...

Unable to open sent items folder
I have delegated my freind to open my "sent Items" folder in my mail box ,but he is unable to open my "sent items" folder in his outlook2000. He is able to open my other folder like "inbox,calender" after delegation.Except the sent items. In oultook@ file >open other users folder>folder type ,the "sent items" folder is not listed .. Please help if there is any workaorund for this thanks SP He needs to add your mailbox to his folderlist. See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/permissions.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-out...

how do i delete a (read only) file?
i am trying to delete some files that are (READ ONLY) anyone have a clue as to how? i am in microsoft excel. Open windows explorer. go to that folder right click on the file to delete select "delete" answer yes to the "are you sure prompt" (somethings don't need to be done in Excel.) Renee wrote: > > i am trying to delete some files that are (READ ONLY) anyone have a clue as > to how? i am in microsoft excel. -- Dave Peterson ...

Excel File Opening Via Hyperlink
What do I need to do within an Excel document to have it open in print preview mode when the Intranet link to this file is clicked? Thank you. Put this one line Macro in the ThisWorkbook code area: Private Sub Workbook_Open() ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200723 ...

Error Messages #8
Upon sending mail, I occasionally get the error code 0X800CCC0F. After a few attempts the e-mail will be sent. I am also unable to send more than e-mails to more than 5 people at any one time. For those that it doesn't send to I get the error message 'Too Many Recipients'. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated. Andy Porter <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am also unable to send more than e-mails to more than 5 > people at any one time. For those that it doesn't send > to I get the error message 'Too Many Recipients'. ...

Loss of formatting when saved as .xls file
I have created a document in Excel 2007 with some normal cell formatting, such as bold text, merge & center, and border lines. When checked for compatibility no errors or messages appear. When the file is saved as an .xls file, closed, then opened again all of the formatting is completely gone and all that is left is text. I had this problem with another file but it was fixable becuase it did show compatibility issues that could be fixed. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. ...

Backup OneNote files to CD
I lost a lot of my one note files when I purchased a new computer. I put them on CD but could not restore them from CD. I did not use the backup facility, as I am a new user of onenote and was unaware of this function. I now use back up regularly. My question is: is this the correct way to save files so I can put them on a CD and be able to restore them back in onenote should the need arise? I don't want to take a chance of losing any more files. -- John -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I lost a lot of my one note files when I purchased a new computer. I put ...