How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?

During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office.

How can I setup an auto-reply note?

Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server?

Joe
0
joeking (6)

If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function
(under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the
office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off
so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify
with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured.

If you have a POP3 account, then you would have to create a rule and leave
Outlook running for it to work.

CAUTION: I would hesitate to advise anyone that I am away on vacation or
give any reason for being out of the office. Keep the message short and to
the point, for example "I am out of the office from Tuesday, August 19/08 to
Wednesday, August 20/08. I will return to the office on Thursday, August
21/08 and will respond to your email." Keep the personal details out.

This is no different than having your receptionist tell total strangers that
you're out of the office on vacation. It's a good way to get your home broken
into.

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"Joe deAngelo" wrote:

> During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office.
>
> How can I setup an auto-reply note?
>
> Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server?
>
> Joe

0
KOrland1 (1012)
8/19/2008 1:37:00 PM
If you don't have Exchange, you might be able to set up an autoresponse on
your ISP's server - check with the service. But as K. Orland says, keep all
personal details out unless you live in a secured building (doorman/reception
desk).
--
TedMi

"Joe deAngelo" wrote:

> During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office.
>
> How can I setup an auto-reply note?
>
> Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server?
>
> Joe

0
TedMi (41)

Auto Filter problem

how do i can send a information of cell automaticaly via email?
I have generated a calibration file in excel by using conditional formating,here the help I need is,in a perticular cell where the conditional formating is done needs to be send as email alert to the mail receipents automatically if the condition of thet cell is "false" Rajani, see if this will help, http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/change.htm http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 &...

cannot open or reply to a message or new message
Have just upgraded to windows 7 and now when we are in outlook 2007 we recieve mail but cannot reply, open or forward mail. It is open in the task bar but will not open up full screen. Any help here would be grateful. Close Outlook. Open it in safe mode. Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /safe (please note the space between outlook.exe and /safe) Does this behaviour continue? "Cazz" <Cazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:355C8102-A769-4B6C-886B-FC8FE61D6495@microsoft.com... > Have just upgraded to windows 7 and now when we are in ...

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

moderated & normal email
i have moderated email and normal email coming into the moderators inbox. how can i configure the moderator's outlook/email to differentiate between the two. moderator is running outlook 2003 with exchange 2003 enterprise. How about creating a rule in Outlook that will separate the e-mails based on the address they are sent to (moderator@domain.com as against normal@domain.com). RP wrote: > i have moderated email and normal email coming into the moderators > inbox. how can i configure the moderator's outlook/email to > differentiate between the two. moderator is running o...

empty replies
I have Vista windows mail, lately my replies are empty. Also recently having trouble printing. Any help would be appreciated. thanks. Although these are OE problems, they likely relate to yours. See points = 11 and 12 here: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#10 Also see point 3 on that page, as something could be interfering. steve "jo2cat" <jo2cat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:694B8CC2-E69E-447E-A3F9-63CE489E5E82@microsoft.com... >I have Vista windows mail, lately my replies are empty. Also recently = having > trouble printing. Any help wo...

Auto correct or Auto complete

Blocking Out of Office replies to Internet
Hi, I know the default on Exchange 2000 is to not allow Out of Office replies outside the Exchange organization. I am taking some flak from "Power Users" who say they need this functionality. My arguements for not turning it on are 1. Potential message looping 2. Spammers can validate the existance of valid email addresses. Does anyone have any concrete locations of official policy (e.g. Micorsoft KBs, security best practices) on this issue so I can direct my management to? Thanks I don't think you'll find a Best Practice, as this really pertains more to company need. ...

Email Setup?
We may have missed a step in connecting our CRM 1.0 server and Exchange 2003. We are in the process of setting up CRM. We create an email activity and try to send it but get the message "an error occurred ... contact your system administrator". In the event log on the CRM server we get the message: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP st...

OWA auto login

emails received
I received an email from someone and it keeps sending me 100's of copies of the same email from the same date and time. My inbox is no longer getting my normal emails and I've tried blocking this person but it still sends the emails. When I click on send and receive is says retrieving message 1 of 16 but only one message comes in (the junk one) and then an error message appears saying: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.telus.net&...

emails
every time i try to open my outlook express it comes up with an error The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D any ideas i am not sure what to do Hi Lynne, 1. you won't get a reply here, post OE questions to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress 2. in tools - accounts - mail - your mail account - properties - servers you specified a wrong POP3 server. You typed &#...

Auto look through subfolders

Auto date

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Linking to email...
I want to be able to automatically create an email with an attached text file. I don't necessarily want to link to Outlook, rather just whatever email software they use. I have tried a ShellExecute using "MailTO", but that won't allow an attachment, so I tried the following code, but simply nothing happens! The following code appears to run OK, all pointers look valid and the message box pops up at the end saying email sent, but nothing arrives. Here is the code I have tried: ======================= char* logPathName; logPathName = filePath.GetBuffer(0); MapiFileDesc attach...

"from" account when hit reply
When i reply to any message - no matter which account the message was sent to (i have two different accounts - 2 different email addresses coming into same place) it always lists "A" address, even though "B" is my default, and I have entered "A" as the reply address in my account settings for BOTH addresses. i am using outlook express. anyone know the answer? i am sending hundreds of replys and dont want to have to keep clicking the other account each time. thank you very much, trixie "trixie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Generating a Report and emailing it
I need to be able to set up a button on my form so I can send an email that contains certain fields from the specific record I'm currently on. It will need to combine with some standard text that will be on all the emails. How do I begin this process? ...

Outlook 2002 Hangs on Replying to Email
I have a PC running Win2000 Professional and Office XP SBE. Outlook default to using Word as Email Editor, but NOT to use Word to read RTF. There is one particular email which is in htm format. When clicked on Reply, Outlook will hang, and the computer becomes very sluggish. Task Manager shows Winword process is using 100% CPU. To recover from the situation, the Winword process has to be killed. With other emails there is no problem whatsoever. There is an KB article (811946) that seems to cover this, and it refers to a hotfix. Any comments on similar experience would be welcomed. And ...

saving multiple emails with attachments in Outlook 2003
Hi, I want to be able to save multiple email messages along with their attachments. Into a folder on my computer. I know that I can select the email, and then go to the File -> Save As.. and save the email with its attachment as type outlook message (.msg) to do the job for a single email. Is there a way to do this quickly for many emails all at once? When you're dealing with 100+ emails doing it that way just takes way too long. Thanks! The easiest way to save multiple email messages is to create a new Personal Folder (called a .pst file) and move the messages into that f...

Auto-Alphabetize