How do I ammend Appointment Durations

The default seems to be 30 minutes, does anyone know how I can change or ammend this to say 5 minutesas a default?

You need to change the time scale value in View | Arrange By (if Outlook
2003) | Current View | Customize Current View | Other Settings

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"Nae Toe" <nucleardevice@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The default seems to be 30 minutes, does anyone know how I can change or
ammend this to say 5 minutesas a default?

0
patrickareed (498)
2/10/2004 7:14:27 PM
Many thanks for that.  I knew that it would be something silly
I don't think that can be changed.

--

> Sorry, me again.
>
> I have checked and this had updated the diary, although think that I
didn't explain myself correctly.

> When creating an appointment or diary entry, the time field dropdown box
show 30 minute durations, this is what I was hoping to amment, so that it
would be the same as my palm.

0
patrickareed (498)

Appointments acceptance through a Queue
We have very recently started using a Queue to assign speaking engagements to our Community speakers. When we first setup the Queue peole would accept the assignment and it would populate their calendar. This suddenly stopped. When looking for knowledgebase articles to help troubleshoot the issue I found that synchronization can often help correct issues like these. Then I tried to sync and got an error message stating that a SQL error occured. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ...

Appointment Reminders
By default Outlook 2002 displays multiple appointments in a single Reminder window. How can you change this to display each appointment in its own window? You can't. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:317301c3a9ef$6fa5ca80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > By default Outlook 2002 displays multiple appointments in > a single Reminder window. ...

Sending appointments
I understand it is possible to make an appointment in one's Outlook 2003 calendar and invite other people (not necessarily using Outlook) by email, by typing their email address in the relevant lines on the scheduling screen. I tested this feature by inviting myself using my hotmail email account but the email didn't arrive. Is this a reliable feature of Outlook and should it work with any email address? It's quite reliable, but the other recipients need to be using Outlook or another program that supports the iCalendar specification. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author...

Display of Outlook Calendar appointment end times
Although I want the display of Outlook Calendar appointment start times when in Month view, how can I stop the display of the appointment end times? "Mark Rack" <Mark Rack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:707BF074-B5F8-475B-98D0-E9D89472324E@microsoft.com... > Although I want the display of Outlook Calendar appointment start times when > in Month view, how can I stop the display of the appointment end times? Right-click an empty area of the calendar, choose Other Settings, and uncheck "Show end times". -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outl...

Searching For Appointments
Outlook should allow the user to search upcoming appointments without needing the user to know the date of the scheduled appointment. The appointment subject should be enough for Outlook to find it. Part of the point of creating a calendar is so the user can forget when an appointment is after entering the data. Why can't Outlook just create a list of upcoming appointments showing only the date/time and subject headings? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the &...

go to date from appointment dialog
many times when i have an appointment open, i would like to jump to the calendar and view the whole day. is there a way to jump directly to the date of the open appointment without having to type in the date i want to jump to (as with using the "go to" dialog)? thanks. justme;114868 Wrote: > many times when i have an appointment open, i would like to jump to the > calendar and view the whole day. is there a way to jump directly to > the date > of the open appointment without having to type in the date i want to > jump to > (as with using the "...

Calendar
I am having this problem with Calendar in Outlook, which came as part of the Office Professional 2002 XP package. The error occurs after installation, and after installing Service Pak 3. Any time I type an appointment in the time slot for a particular day in a future day or a later time today, and hit Enter, the entry disappears from the time slot I wanted. Instead, the appointment shows up on today's date in the present hour and also that way in the list on Today's Calendar. If I enter the appointment in the New Appointment window, it shows up in the correct day and time in the Today&...

Cannot add appointment to a future date
I've tried creating any appt. and Outlook just refuses to add it to the date I requested (August 12, 2005). It adds it with current time for today. This is driving me nuts. I cannot find anywhere on MS KB site on how to solve this. Please help ... somebody ... anybody ... AG Helpful if you provided more information. What version of Outlook and are you using an Exchange server What is the error you are getting or what is happening. Regards, Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group "ag" wrote: > I've tried creating any appt. and Outlook just r...

How do I ammend Appointment Durations
The default seems to be 30 minutes, does anyone know how I can change or ammend this to say 5 minutesas a default? You need to change the time scale value in View | Arrange By (if Outlook 2003) | Current View | Customize Current View | Other Settings -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Nae Toe" <nucleardevice@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:7538F28D-B7C6-428B-9206-853098CB4D81@microsoft.com... > The default seems to be 30 minutes, does anyo...

Register an Appointment using the outlook interface and CRM 3.0
I want to make an appointment for myself with one contact of one of my account but these contact does not have any email adress. If I use the outlook interface I put the name of the account on regarding but where can I put the required or attendees persons ? Because thes persons do not have email adress they don't appear in the adress book but I have to mention the name of the person and to link the appointment with this person in the CRM. It seems to be totaly impossible ! It is very frustrating because Microsoft said the the new 3.0 version was better than the 1.2 that we used since...

Mailbox Manager and Recurring Appointments
We've got some serious performance problems which manifest themselves in Outlook caused by the sheer quantity of items in user's Calendars. We want to run Mailbox Manager to remove all Calendar appointments over 2 years old from our Exchange 2003 servers. However, when we've tested it Mailbox Manager seems to completely ignore any recurring items, even those that have finished. This means we're potentially stuck with years worth of recurring appointments in Exchange. Does anyone know if this is by design, or if there's a way around this, or can suggest any other tool...

Quote Ammendments
I have devised a quote system in excel and i am looking at a way to move ammendments to another sheet, in such a way that the new item on the quote stays where it is, anything that isn't changed stays where it is, but something that is removed, or is marked to be removed, is moved to another sheet rather than being deleted. ...

Undeliverable message after creating appointment
I'll try to describe the problem with some names... The Problem: "Bill" has a mailbox with a calendar. When "Steve" creates an appointment called "Test" with Bill then Steve receives the following message: Subject : Undeliverable - Test Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Anderson, Pamela on 10-10-2005 11:13 The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the corre...

Appointment
Hi All i have a weird problem to which i've googled but cannot find a solution for. if someone sets up a meeting and sends out invitations, the time appears an hour off for some invitees. i've checked every PC and server involved and the time and region is correct. Windows 2000/Windows XP Exchange 5.5 any help would be much appreciated thank you in advance shaun On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:54:55 +0100, "letmeoutofhere" <jim@bob.com> wrote: >Hi All > >i have a weird problem to which i've googled but cannot find a solution for. > >if someone sets ...

Recurring Appointment Problem with Outlook2003
Working on a Win2000Pro workstation on an office LAN. The server recently was upgraded, with mail client changing from Outlook2000 to Outlook2003. Somehow (I wasn't involved in the upgrade BTW) all Outlook items, mail messages, contacts, diary appointments were duplicated for everyone. Generally this hasn't caused problems, apart from needing to manually delete all the duplicates. Prior to the upgrade I had a daily recurring full day appointment created a few years ago with no end date. I'd never had any problems with it until the upgrade. Now there are two of these ...

Formula For Time Duration Calculation
Hi Every One, I Have excel sheet like, A B C REPORTEDDATETIME STATUSDATE Result (HH:MM) 02/16/2009 04:00 AM 02/16/2010 04:00 AM 8760:00 02/16/2010 04:00 AM 05/16/2010 07:00 PM 672:00 03/20/2010 02:00 AM 03/21/2010 02:00 AM 24:00 I required Result like that column C, Could you please any one can help me on this. Hi, simply subtract like =...

Cell Ammendments
Hi, Probably really simple. I have a list of approx 5000+ dates and times that I need to do some trend analysis on. However, thr format is: "dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm" I want to be able to basically keep the "dd/mm/yyyy " content and scrap the time. i can edit the format, but it is only asthetic and doesn't acctually alter the data. Can anyone help? Thanks Steve ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use the TRUNC function in another c...

Calendar Appointments #2
I enter a new appointment and nothing shows up on the screen. Anything I add to try to schedule anything doesnt show up.. just a blank calendar. This is Outlook 2003. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Template For Appointments?
Can anybody guide me in the direction of an appointments based database? I appearto be having a job locating one.TIA-- On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 05:47:10 -0500, "Saxman"<john.h.williamsREMOVETHIS@btinternet.com> wrote:>>Can anybody guide me in the direction of an appointments based database? I appear>to be having a job locating one.>>TIAAny reason not to use the very full-featured calendar in Microsoft Outlook,rather than reinventing the wheel? John W. Vinson [MVP] John W. Vinson wrote:> Any reason not to use the very full-featured calendar in Microso...

overlapping appointments?
I've entered the information for a couple of classes that I'm taking into Outlook 2003. One class runs from 13:35 until 15:20, and the other one starts at 15:25. Despite there being 5 minutes between the end of one class and the start of the next, Outlook insists on showing them as overlapping appointments and tells me that they conflict. So is there any way of telling the program to smarten up? It's obviously not critical, it just doesn't look very good when I'm looking at it in the Day or Week views. Oddly enough, it only happens with that one class. the other...

View tracked appointments from Outlook
Hi. How can I see witch appointments in my Outlook calendar that's tracked in CRM, and is it possible without open each appointment? Regards Jacob Mondrup Vivant On Oct 29, 9:40=A0pm, "Jacob Mondrup - Vivant" <j...@vivant.dk> wrote: > Hi. > > How can I see witch appointments in my Outlook calendar that's tracked in > CRM, and is it possible without open each appointment? > > Regards > > Jacob Mondrup > Vivant Depends on the view. If it is a list view the icon should be different for tracked appointments. If it is a calendar view, there...

Recurring outlook appointment
Hi everyone, I am setting outlook appointments from ms access and want to be able to set the recurrence. However the recurring event is not simple. I have 6 events (1,2,3,4,5,6). I want; Monday - 1 Tuesday - 2 Wed - 3 Thu - 4 Fri - 5 Mon - 6 Tue - 1 Wed -2 Thu - 3 Fri - 4 Mon - 5 Tue - 6 etc etc Eg continuing cycle of events without including weekends. Is this possible and if so how do i set this in code? Would setting the recurrence to happen every 8 days work? Event 1 every 8 days starting on Monday, Event 2 every 8 days starting on Tuesday, etc. -Lauri "keri" <keri.d...

Disappearing appointments
Hi, I have a really frustrating problem. I create appointments in CRM. I have the CRM client for Outlook installed so these appointments synchronise and appear in Outlook. The problem is they keep disappearing. They appear in my diary for a few days then just disappear. So, I look at my diary and it looks like I have no appointments today. To resolve this, I need to go into the appointment in CRM, remove myself from the "Required" field, then put my name back into it. When I synchronise Outlook CRM it appears again. If you have any ideas then please let me know . cheers R...

Some CRM Appointments not synching in outlook
Hi, I have a situation where some CRM appointments are not synching in outlook. They users are the owners of the appointments, and they are able to sync other appointments fine. Any ideas? Hi Sophie, For the appointments that don't sync, is the user also one of the 'Required' resources in the Appointment record? "SophieK" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a situation where some CRM appointments are not synching in outlook. > They users are the owners of the appointments, and they are able to sync > other appointments fine. > > Any ideas? Hi Shafra...

Data Validation Ammendment
I have set up two drop down menus which use data validation. The results of the second drop down menu depend on what was selected in the first drop down menu. Nonetheless, now I want to ammend one of my list. I have tried adding my new determining factor in the next cell and then highlighting all the cells and naming the cells again, however whenever I press "return", it just highlights the original cells, unhighlighting the new one. Any help? Do insert>name>define, select the name and in the refers to box change the range and click add or select the new range, insert&g...