how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ?

how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ?

You can't. Why would you? The Outlook Address Book is only a list of
electronic addresses to which you can address messages. Why would you need a
phone number there?
Phone numbers, like all Contact data, are stored in your Contacts Folder.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Ingaga" <Ingaga @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ?

0
russval1 (2100)
3/2/2006 10:37:58 PM
What in the world is the purpse of the Outlook address book when email
addresses can be stored in contacts? I've been wondering about this
for years.

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 17:37:58 -0500, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"
<russval@gmail.com> wrote:

>You can't. Why would you? The Outlook Address Book is only a list of
>electronic addresses to which you can address messages. Why would you need a
>phone number there?
>Phone numbers, like all Contact data, are stored in your Contacts Folder.

0
heloo (5)
1/19/2007 10:10:00 AM
To make message recipient selection easier by grouping all electronic
addresses in one location.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"crispy" <heloo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What in the world is the purpse of the Outlook address book when email
> addresses can be stored in contacts? I've been wondering about this
> for years.
>

> On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 17:37:58 -0500, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"
> <russval@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>You can't. Why would you? The Outlook Address Book is only a list of
>>electronic addresses to which you can address messages. Why would you need
>>phone number there?
>>Phone numbers, like all Contact data, are stored in your Contacts Folder.

0
russval1 (2100)

how to read the serial number of a mother board?
Any code can read the serial number of a mother board? any example? Thanks! Crystal On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:07:16 +0800, "Crystal Lin" <linwingyee@hotmail.com> wrote: >Any code can read the serial number of a mother board? any example? Thanks! > Do all computers have "mother boards" and do all mother boards have serial numbers? > Any code can read the serial number of a mother board? any example? Thanks! You can read the Serial Number of the hard drive using DiskId32 at http://www.winsim.com/diskid32/diskid32.html . Lynn Let me guess: another mis...

What bloated my Outlook.pst file?
Strange story, but true. My Outlook.pst file was getting rather large, over 47 MB, so I decided to do some cleaning. I deleted many unnecessary e-mails (a large portion of my Inbox) , then deleted them from the "Deleted Items" folder. I was surprised, however, to look in my Outlook data folder after that, and saw that the size of the file had increased to over 97 MB, more than double! (I could understand it not decreasing yet, as I hadn't compacted it yet, but didn't understand the increase!) I then compacted it. That shrank it to over 87MB, less than the 97MB+, but still ...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

can I get cells with a minus number to show zero
I have a cell which has a basic formula in (adding up from 2 other cells) This number can end up being a minus number (-167), If this happens I need to be able to make that minus number appear as a zero (0). Is this possible? please help. =IF(A1+B1<0,0,A1+B1) Alternative =MAX(0,A1+B1) Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 7 May 2005 08:28:03 -0700, "marcus1066" <marcus1066@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a cell which has a basic formula in (adding up from 2 other cells) >This number can end up being a minus number (-167), If this happens I need to >be...

Excel Add Ins

outlook loads twice from startup
I have outlook in my startup once but it loads twice when the computer starts. Remove Outlook from the startup. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Johnny asked: | I have outlook in my startup once but it loads twice when | the computer starts. ...

Number entered automatically cut off
Hello, When I enter 100, it display 1, When I enter 1000, it display 10, ChefChaudart, Is that bad ? <grin> That is one of those things that everyone runs into you change the option and it doesn't seem to do anything so you leave it changed. If you enter a decimal point everything is normal i.e. 1000. or 1000.50 but if you fail to enter a decimal point your option in Tools, Options, Edit (tab), [x] fixed decimals 2 will be used. Remove the checkmark and you'll be fine. You can try that on your boss at April Fool's time as long as their not doing your sal...

Re: Outlook 2003 calendar
back Outlook calendar is deleting events from my calendar older than 2 months (it's keeping recurring events). Auto Archive is not running. I synchronise calendar with my Blackberry which is set to keep appointments forever. When synchonising these past items are not being copied to Outlook calendar. What do I need to do to to synchonise all events/appointments and not have Calendar delete past events "Tim on the Common" <Tim on the Common@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:021422B4-ACBD-4E0C-BE97-091031042CD8@microsoft.com... > back Outloo...

attachments show inside outlook emails
hi, I have a user that messed around with his outlook and now when he sends out an email with a word or excel attachment it shows the contents of the attachment inside the message body instead of as an attached file that can be "saved as" by the recipient. anyone with a problem like this? how do I fix this? thanks MAC MAC wrote: > hi, > > I have a user that messed around with his outlook and now when he > sends out an email with a word or excel attachment it shows the > contents of the attachment inside the message body instead of as an > attached file that ...

Outlook 97 and Outlook Express 6
I normally use OE6 and have installed an old copy of Outlook 97 but when Outlook starts it says something like "building Outlook toolbar" and then just quicks the program and never starts! Ideas anyone on how to use both programs? ...

Add on

Outlook Web Access Problem #3
I use Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an NT4.0 Server. I use Outlook Web Access for accessing email from home or another pc. The reply function is no longer working in OWA. You click on reply and nothing happens. Any thoughts? OWA is a function of Exchange and can best be answered in an Exchange news group, probably the adminnistrator group on msnews.microsoft.com. >-----Original Message----- >I use Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an NT4.0 Server. I use Outlook >Web Access for accessing email from home or another pc. >The reply function is no longer working in OWA. You click >on reply...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

highest number #2
Hi, Let's keep the problem simple. I have one cell that uses an exchange rate from the internet. That cell changes every minute. What I want to do: In an other cell, I want to keep the highest exchange rate ever. So for example: 6:00 exchange rate = 5.00 -- highest exchange rate is 5.00 6:01 exchange rate = 4.98 -- highest exchange rate is 5.00 6:02 exchange rate = 5.02 -- highest exchange rate is 5.02 6:03 exchange rate = 5.01 -- highest exchange rate is 5.02 6:04 exchange rate = 5.03 -- highest exchange rate is 5.03 Of course nor for any minute I use a new cell, it just change the n...

Send as Email Images not appearing in Outlook Message
I have a user who sends out a newsletter from Publisher through Outlook using the Send as E-mail | Send the page as message. We're using Office 2003. When she sends the message to herself to test it, she see a small red X and the text of the newsletter but all of the graphics are missing. When she sends it to someone else, they see the newsletter as she intended. It doesn't appear to be an issue with Outlook displaying images (her settings in Outlook Tools | Options | Security | Download Pictures are the same as everyone elses). To test that, we copied the newsletter to Wo...

Outlook first use
Hi, when I open Outlook in a workstation for the first time, Outlook open setup and ask user to create a new profile. I have a utility to create profile automaticaly and this setup is deleting existing profile. Is it possible to Outlook don�t ask to create a new profile for the first time? Tks. Alex ...

Outlook client 03-20-07
Using Vista & Outlook 2007 Have installed the CRM_V3C_CLIENT but when I run Outlook, it says it cannot connect to the server. I have tried KB913509 & KB910090 to no avail. I have installed the rollout on the server. Nothing appears to resolve the issue. My environment is: I am a remote user using a local account (no domain login). Access to outlook is via user name / pswd (associated with domain account) via HTTP proxy server. I can connect to CRM via the web without problems. Thanks in advance ...

Number of active sheets
I have Office 2003 installed to Windows 2003 terminal servers but I have a problem with on of our users and excel. The issue is that when the user is trying to have multiple spreadsheets opened he keeps getting the message "This operations has been cancelled due to system restrictions- Contact your system Administrator" I can find no setting in excel to enforce a limit on the number of speadsheets a user can have open. Thanks in advance fo any advise Michael Not an expert in these matters, but; Is it possible that the user is trying to initiate another session of Excel vs....

How do i change the sent time to received time in outlook message?
Outlook Ver. 2003 After opening an Outlook Message, i want to change the Sent Time (default) shown on the top right corner of the mail to received time. Please assist. Are you asking for away when you open an email that it shows the date you received it instead of the date they sent it. I do not see how this would be possible as this is the original email from the sender. -- Regards, Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group MVP - Microsoft Outlook "Freedom" <Freedom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B1E1A49-5E13-49D8-9421-2710316670DA...

Cannot Customize Outlook Today in Outlook 2000
I just installed Office 2000 Premium on my new notebook with Windows XP Pro. Everything seems to operate correctly except I cannot "Customize Outlook Today". Any ideas? OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 You can edit the registry to make changes to Outlook Today. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart ...

Number to Number "Data Type Mismatch in Expression" in Join
I am attempting to write a query joining two linked tables in a query by payroll number (all numeric). When write the query and join by payroll number I get the "Data Type Mismatch in Expression" error. Both tables have the Data Type as "Number", but the only difference I can tell is one has "Field Size" as "Decimal" and the other has "Field Size" as "Double". I have even tried to join on the VAL() of each payroll number field with no luck. Any ideas? "Decimal" and "Double" are actually different dat...

Outlook 2003 Delete Button
A user recently had Outlook 2003 reinstalled. Originally (he says) that he could click on a message in the inbox and and delete the message by clicking on the X key on the standard toolbar and that this would automatically take him into the next message. This is not happening now. Instead he deletes the message and he is brought back into the Inbox where he has to double-click on the next message to open it. Is there a way to set this delete command so that after it deletes it automatically goes to the next message in that same window withour having to go back into the inbox agai...

MS Office X Exceeds Number of....
Clicked standard Mac Office upgrade yesterday, now Entourage is disabled because of message the reads This installation of Microsoft Office X exceeds the number of installations permitted by the license agreement. User name is already using this installation of Microsoft Office X. The program will now quit. I have MS Office package with 3 product keys. I'm using my laptop now, but originally it was installed on my primary desktop Mac. What's the solution to this problem? SHould I be concerned about preserving my emails -- on Entourage, if I need to reload software? Please advise....