How do I add a hotmail account

How do I add a hotmail account to Outlook? I already have an account for my
company
When I try to add it the wizard want the POP settings. I think hotmail uses
a HTTP server
Thanks in advance

oldjay
0
Oldjay (6)

Pay for it

"Oldjay" wrote:

> How do I add a hotmail account to Outlook? I already have an account for my
> company
> When I try to add it the wizard want the POP settings. I think hotmail uses
> a HTTP server
> Thanks in advance
>
> oldjay
0
Oldjay (6)
5/8/2006 2:31:02 PM
Which version of outlook? Only 2002/2003 support HTTP accounts.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Oldjay" <Oldjay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I add a hotmail account to Outlook? I already have an account for
> my
> company
> When I try to add it the wizard want the POP settings. I think hotmail
> uses
> a HTTP server
> Thanks in advance
>
> oldjay

0
outlookmvp (5838)
5/8/2006 2:52:37 PM
I have 2000 so I guess I will stay with OE
Thanks

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Which version of outlook? Only 2002/2003 support HTTP accounts.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "Oldjay" <Oldjay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I add a hotmail account to Outlook? I already have an account for
> > my
> > company
> > When I try to add it the wizard want the POP settings. I think hotmail
> > uses
> > a HTTP server
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > oldjay

0
Oldjay (6)
5/8/2006 7:03:03 PM
Seems related to my problem, so if I may ask:

Laptop
Outlook 2003
Exchange server folder
6 or 7 psts for various reasons (store email, a few pop accounts)
one hotmail http folder.  (Yes, it is a 4 year old 'free' account)

WHen I connect to the internet at work I can see, delete and move emails
from the hotmail account into other psts.

However when I am traveling (home, hotel, airlineclub, etc, etc) the http
account gives me an error message:  The connection to the server is
unavailable.  You must be online or connected to complete this action"

If I do not have a vpn or am not conencted to the exchange, when I start
outlook I get a get a message that the exchange server is unavailable, with
three options retry, work offline, cancel.  Seems the only way to proceed is
to "work offline" but outlook then DROPS ALL SERVER REQUESTS!  Exchange,
HTTP, mapi, etc... no way to connect to an http server if there is no
exchange server.

ANyway, do I have this right?

Took 5+ hours with MS tech support to clarify ... they wanted to reinstall
office, change my psts, etc,e tc.... worthless.

Thx

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Which version of outlook? Only 2002/2003 support HTTP accounts.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "Oldjay" <Oldjay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I add a hotmail account to Outlook? I already have an account for
> > my
> > company
> > When I try to add it the wizard want the POP settings. I think hotmail
> > uses
> > a HTTP server
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > oldjay

0
ardvarkus (1)
5/9/2006 5:16:02 AM
You can add Hotmail to OL2k, perhaps not the same as 'normal' email accounts
but it works.
google for the answer, as I cannot remember exactly how I did it when I used
OL2k

> I have 2000 so I guess I will stay with OE
> Thanks
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Which version of outlook? Only 2002/2003 support HTTP accounts.
> >
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> > Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> > Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> >
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> > Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >

> > "Oldjay" <Oldjay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > How do I add a hotmail account to Outlook? I already have an account
for
> > > my
> > > company
> > > When I try to add it the wizard want the POP settings. I think hotmail
> > > uses
> > > a HTTP server
> > > Thanks in advance
> > >
> > > oldjay

0
dl6256 (276)

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Multiple accounts with one bank/broker
I have several accounts with one bank but they have different passwords (accounts are under different SSNs). In Money 2007, I can only figure out how to setup one password per bank/broker in the "manage online services". Can someone tell me if its possible to automatically download transactions from one institution for four accounts with four different log in identifications? DougKC, You CAN set up separate online accounts with different passwords from the same broker. I've successfully done it with Fidelity. However, you can't "manage online services" tha...

Bills and account transactions
When I look at my list of bills, most of them show up as not having been paid for many months. I pay all my bills manully through internet banking and I see all of them in my account list with the right Payee. How can can I indicate that my bills have been payed? Do I need to enter them into the register manually? Thx ... homie You can pay your bills directly through Money if you set it up that way. (common tasks: Make an electronic payment or trasfer) That is the easiest thing. Or you can mark your bill to automatically post to the register. It is a check box selection when...

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Map Add-On?

How to Delete 'Un-needed Account?'
Hi: In the past, I created three different Users' Account, however I deleted two of accounts, leaving only Administrator, me and Guest Account by accessing, .... Control Panel - User's Account. However, there is still one of Accounts surfacing everytime I installed devices, such as new Printer and even created new program, as "Owner,' even though I'm the one who is 'Owner/Administrator.' When I attempted to delete this Account by accessing, .... Computer - Document - Users, .... it says, ... other person/user is still using .... popping up in th...

2 separate e-mail accounts
is there a way to use outlook with two email accounts and not have them dump into the same inbox? Never mind, I finally figured it out. "endosmom" wrote: > is there a way to use outlook with two email accounts and not have them dump > into the same inbox? ...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Issue with one account's password...
I've been beating my head against the wall on this one for awhile now... I have one user who's password will not work. I've tried resetting it numerous times, and it will still not allow her or myself to log in. What could I be missing here? Keep in mind that I'm pretty new to this Exchange Server stuff in any replies you may have. Thanks so much for any help you can throw my way! By the way, the password is very simple, so it's not an issue of mis-typing. Also, I've given it plenty of time to update the AD listing, so that shouldn't be an issue, right?...

Problem- add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publis
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 and the add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing. This add-in worked when I first installed Outlook 2007 when installing Office 2007 Enterprise. The add-in created a sub-folder in my Inbox named Data Collection Replies and worked well until about 6 weeks ago. Now I can’t get the add-in to work at all even though it appears in the list of COM.adds in Outlook 2007. More perplexing is the error message I now receive EVERY time I click on any email message to read it. The message is titled ‘Custom UI Runtime Error in...

Add target to trend chart
I've created a chart trending our company's daily rank over time. We have a specific rank as a target goal, and I'd like that to appear as a flat line on the chart, so we know how far we have to go. How can I get such a line, without having to populate a new column with the same number? Thanks Two options, 1) Simply draw a line where your target is at using the drawing toolbar. 2) Add an additional series to your chart containing two points. The X value of the points indicates the length of your line. The Y values should be set to your target. "Patience" <...

Can I add other data to a pivot chart
I want to add a target line to a pivot chart. The data for the target line would be from a different source (worksheet) to the underlying pivot table. Is this possible (by workaround or otherwise)? A pivot chart can only display data from the pivot table. This can be overcome by drawing a line and hoping it doesn't move too much. I would instead make a regular chart from the pivot table, and add the data for the additional line. To make a regular chart from a pivot table, select a blank cell that's not touching the pivot table and start the chart wizard. In step 2, you must use...

How To Add Filters To Add Ins List ???
I am using Power Point 2003 with XP Pro OS. I have install the conversion to read office 2007. When I use the Add In, it only shows 2003 power point extension .ppt How do I add the ability to show 2007 power point files too ??? Can someone tell me what I need to do to add the ability to see 2007 power point files??? I is very knowledgeable on VBA. Thank You, Gary You have to have all the Windows updates as of the time the Compatibility Pack was released. That was around October 2008, so you should have those. :-) That said, my Office 2003 installation on Windows...