How do I add a box for attachments when sending email?

Before switching over to the current email, whenever I would attach a file,
it would put the attachment in a field under whomever I was sending it to.
Currently its just sticking it in the message body.  Is there a setting
somewhere I am missing?

B Craig
0
BCraig (6)

If you're using Rich Text Format attachments are handled the way you
mention. If you use HTML or Plain Text format, it'll be the way you want.

"B Craig" <BCraig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Before switching over to the current email, whenever I would attach a
> file,
> it would put the attachment in a field under whomever I was sending it to.
> Currently its just sticking it in the message body.  Is there a setting
> somewhere I am missing?

0
vince8328 (2732)
11/20/2006 4:12:30 PM
Vince,

Thank you for your help.

Its just a little thing, but we are creatures of habit, arent' we?

Thank you again for the feedback!
--
B Craig

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> If you're using Rich Text Format attachments are handled the way you
> mention. If you use HTML or Plain Text format, it'll be the way you want.
>
> "B Craig" <BCraig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Before switching over to the current email, whenever I would attach a
> > file,
> > it would put the attachment in a field under whomever I was sending it to.
> > Currently its just sticking it in the message body.  Is there a setting
> > somewhere I am missing?

0
BCraig (6)

log file of email open time/date
Hi, I needed to know if there is a way to keep a log file or to view information about when the emails I receive are opened. I probably needed information like date and time. I am the person opening the emails but I needed to show someone when I opened them. Emails are coming from various different people using different email software, so it can't be tracked from their end. I have Outlook 2000, but might need to use it in different versions of Outlook. so if you know of a feature that I can use, can you also tell me if it's available for different versions? thanks a lot. I apprec...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Send mail
Hi. I have one external pdf writer from hp that use my exchage server for sending mail. After we have uppgrade our exchange servers to 2003 we can no longer use it. I can se that the unit is leaving mail at the smtp que but after that the are gone. When tracking the message we recive this : smtp:message submitted to advanced queuing smtp:started message submission to advanced queue smtp:message submitted to categorizer Hp says is pointing at that we are require autentication for the server. But what I will say is that we allow anonumus. I am able to logon with Telnet and send mail from a cp...

How do I send text or pictures in Outlook Express 6?
I am unable to be at any site, document, picture and send [via Outlook Express 6] anything to anyone as errors such as 'person unknown', 'error message of every nature immaginable', or 'you must be online with Outlook Express' [when in fact I am online and the default email program [Outlook Express 6] is activated and working with simple emails [and the typical trash spam you receive]; however, when I wish to send NASA documents or anything substantive within the state or federal goverment sites for higher education [i.e. Ohio University], this never works [Outlo...

Excel Add Ins

attachments show inside outlook emails
hi, I have a user that messed around with his outlook and now when he sends out an email with a word or excel attachment it shows the contents of the attachment inside the message body instead of as an attached file that can be "saved as" by the recipient. anyone with a problem like this? how do I fix this? thanks MAC MAC wrote: > hi, > > I have a user that messed around with his outlook and now when he > sends out an email with a word or excel attachment it shows the > contents of the attachment inside the message body instead of as an > attached file that ...

Add on

Task attachments
Hi All, I have an email, with a excel attachment. When I drag and drop the email onto the task tab, it creates the task with the email as text however does not attach the excel spreadsheet. Is there anyway that I can have the spreadsheet attach to the task automatically? I'm using Outlook 2003. Many Thanks Adam Use the right mouse button to drag & drop. When releasing you'll get a menu where you can choose to create a task with attachment. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere f...

Automate Send To/Mail Recipient
Hello all, has someone figured out a way to assign a macro to Send To/Mail Recipient with the embedded option? I don't think VBA supports such a task, but I figured I would ask. Thanks, Doug Hi Doug Try the example on my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <chaitech@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:1VDCe.98597$qm.72718@bignews5.bellsouth.net... > Hello all, has someone figured out a way to assign a macro to Send To/Mail Recipient with the embedded option? I don't think VBA > supports such a task, but I...

Outlook 2000 Cant Send
We upgraded to Windows 2000 and Outlook 2000 SR-1. Since then, every time I try to send email, I receive an error message that my acount it full. Each morning when I log in, I get a mail message stating that my email has 28,000 bytes and I need to move some things to a pst folder. I checked the hard drive and I can't find a folder with that much information. My personal (.pst) folder only has about 6K of info in it. I can get mail but not send. Out IT people have been unable to figure this out. Can anyone help? I checked the Folder Size for all of the folders under Outlook...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Problem with outgoing emails not moving to the sent items folder
Hi all, I've just started having a problem with outgoing emails. They are sent but stay in my outbox and keep sending themselves with out moving to the sent items folder. I get incoming emails fine but this is causing my mates grief. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Paul I had the same problem and found out that it was MacAfee Antivirus scanning your outgoing email that caused the trouble. I turned it off and all is well. good luck >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, >I've just started having a problem with outgoing emails. They are sent but >stay in my outbo...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Forward email in 2003
Anyone know the best way to forward email with exchange 2003? In 5.5 I had to make custom recipient and then hide them from the address book... Whats the best way to do it in Exchange 2003? Thanks Create a Contact in Active Directory. "Steve Aschettino" <steveaschettino@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ORqKIsV9DHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know the best way to forward email with exchange 2003? In 5.5 I had > to make custom recipient and then hide them from the address book... Whats > the best way to do it in Exchange 2003? Thanks > > ...

Format text to add character

Select Names Listing for Sending Emails to Contacts
My Outlook 2002 Contacts list is set up to show last names first, and contacts are filed accordingly. However, when I compose an email and try to Select Name, the contacts are listed with first names first. How can I correct this so that contacts will be listed last name first there, also? Tools, e-mail accounts, view /modify address books - properties of outlook address book - choose 'file as' and close. Note - posting your valid e-mail address in a newsgroup post, or in your news account settings, is a surefire way to get spam and SWEN and other viruses sent to you....see ht...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

Outlook 2003 won't auto send mail
Hi all, When I hit send on a new message, the mail just sits in the outbox until I click send /receive. I've checked 'Tools' > 'Options' > and there is a tick in send immediatley when connected. Connection is via a LAN so is on all the time. Any suggestions appreciated! Do you have the mailbox cache'd if so have you checked the Tools . send & Recieve > define send and recieve groups are and made sure the settings are set for online and offline? "user" <a> wrote in message news:ueLTRteOFHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, >...

Data in Combo Boxes
I'm trying to get the date from a form to insert in to another worksheet cell but Excel doesn't seem to recognize the date selected from combo box dropdowns. Does anyone know how to get around this? Data validation is not an option because of the number of lines in the drop down (text is WAY too small). Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Can you use a simple formula in the intended destination cell that refers to the cell with the drop down. "Nicky" wrote: > I'm trying to get the date from a form to insert in to another worksheet cell > but Ex...

add a DC in a LegSite

HELP !! Combo box to feed other combo boxes
Hi, I have a form with a stock list. One field is [Dealer Allocated] so stock can be allocated to a specific dealer - this is a combo box (combo1) for single allocations. I now also want to be able to update this combo box for several records in bulk. I thought I would do this by having a second combo box in the footer of the form which the user selects the dealer from and then clicks a button which looks for first record without dealer allocated and updates the value of combo1 to the value of combo2. This would then be enclosed in a Do Loop for specified number of records. I can...