How do I activate the new mail button

When I start Outlook, the "New", "forward", "reply" and "reply to all"
buttons are not active which means I can not send mail. I have no problems
receiving mail. Also, on web pages with email links, when I click on them,
the Outlook application is not launched which is almost certainly related to
this. I think I'm missing something very simple here!
0
philipio (1)

Are you in a mail enabled folder?  Do you have an active email account
installed?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, philipio asked:

| When I start Outlook, the "New", "forward", "reply" and "reply to all"
| buttons are not active which means I can not send mail. I have no
| problems receiving mail. Also, on web pages with email links, when I
| click on them, the Outlook application is not launched which is
| almost certainly related to this. I think I'm missing something very
| simple here!

0
MillyS (3228)

New Mailboxs
I created some mailbox with a default SMTP address, I had to change the SMTP address, I wait some time in order to ADC replication was done, in this moment the new smtp address is updated , but these users can't receive mail from internet. Message error : The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again.The MTS-ID of the original message is:c=us;a= ;p=org01;l=USLGBMAIL000608221546RCR9CRYF MSEXCH:IMS:ORG01:LongBeach:USLGBMAIL00 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipie...

Junk E-Mail filter problem in Outlook 2003
Suddenly, all the junk e-mail that would normally go to the Junk E-Mail folder is now just dropping into my Inbox. I mean all the junk e-mail. It's catching nothing. I have it set on Low and it always let some stuff slip through, but now it is just not working at all. I changed it to High and exited Outlook, re-opened Outlook and set it back to Low, exited Outlook and re-opened it and still I get the same behavior. Never seen this one before. This is Outlook 2003 on WinXP and it's a POP account. Any help would be appreciated. Russell Campbell <nospam@123nospam321.com&...

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

problem w/seperating e-mail from different accounts
I am currently using outlook 2002 and am having problems seperating e-mail I am receiving. First, I have two different accounts with each receiving e-mail from a different server. Second, I have my rules set up to put e- mail from each account into a seperate folder. The problem is that the program is putting e-mail from both servers into each server's individual folder. Anyone know how to correctly setup the program to seperate the email? Try adding "stop processing more rules" to the end of each of your rules so that only one of the rules gets a chance to act on each par...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

trouble sending messages through windows mail
Hello, I/m trying to help my father out with sending messages through Windows mail. It was working 2 days ago then all of a sudden I get a message like this: An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'i knew that was being worked on', Account: 'Fuse', Server: 'smtp.fuse.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.5.2 RCPT TO syntax error', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error Number: 0x800CCC63 Can someone please come to the rescue and either explain what this means or tell me how to fix this problem so that he can send email. Th...

importar emails y cuentas desde Outlook Express 6 a Windows Mail
Me acabo de comprar un laptop con Windows Vista, mi anterior Laptop tenia XP y usaba el Outlook Express 6 y necesito pasar todos esos emails a Windows Mail, alguien me puede explicar como?? ...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

Can't send or receive e-mails
The following message occurs when attempting to send an e-mail Account: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Cannot establish SSL with POP server 62.254.26.202:995, SSL_connect error 336031996', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90 Can someone help? "Kayleigh" <Kayleigh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF8B7B1D-5D15-4629-AF77-584168DE60E3@microsoft.com... > The following message occurs when attempting to send an e-m...

Deleting e-mail addresses not in your address book
Dear All, I have a few address that pop up (using Outlook 2003) when I began typing in the To field that I do not want to have. For example it looks like a co-worker may have e- mailed somthing to me from a home address so when I am attempting to send him something that home address pops up first - I don't want it there. I also have a few co- workers who are not working with me but still pop up from the list. These people ARE NOT in my address book so I am not sure how to get rid of these addresses (or how they got there for that matter...) Any help would be greatley appreicated....

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing
Hello, In OE I have the option to check mark "Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing". Where does OL has this option? Thanks, AJS Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Setup-> button Send/Receive...-> button Edit... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message news:#0XRNuWrJHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > ...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

New Public Folder Store
I created a new public folder store in Exchange 2003. Within that store I created a new public folder. How can I get Outook to show that new public folder store? is it your first public store, or another one? only the first public store is available via MAPI/Outlook...any others are accessible via IE... "viper" <viper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03BA62A8-539B-4B4A-9F93-7F3A54407156@microsoft.com... > I created a new public folder store in Exchange 2003. Within that store I > created a new public folder. How can I get Outook to show that new p...

Resolution Activities
I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? Which field stores this information? The Opportunity has a 'state' and 'staus reason' field - you should find that the State field is what you are looking for the 'status reason' is the 'why' (i.e why you won/lost). Guy. "EricaUW" <EricaUW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74837B1C-40CE-40C5-95A0-DE6D771C9C6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? > Which field stores this information? ...

Creating new distribution list?
I want to create a distribution list of people I can send emails to from users in our Exchange database. 1. How do I create a new distribution list? 2. How can I import users into this list without having to retype them all? Thanks! Are the contacts in your local contacts folder or in the GAL on the exchanges server? Do you have a text file of the addresses you want in the DL? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe...

Changing default from printing Entire Workbook to Active Sheets
In Excel 2007, is there a place to select the data to print? I have a user that when she goes to print a document, the 'print what' section of the print box defaults to 'entire workbook.' She wants it to default to 'active sheets.' Is there a setting in Excel or the Registry that I can edit? Thanks, John ...

Mail Enabled Public Folders
When receiving external email which is destined for a mail-enabled public folder it ends up as a POST rather than an email. This is due to our non-mapi SMTP relay. Does anyone have a solution for this for Exchange 2003 SP1 Thanks Dave Hi Dave This link should help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;817809 -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Dave Turner" <davet@logic.bm> wrote in message news:uIDzjzPvEHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > When receiving external e...

Workflow multiplicate activities
I have created 4 workflows for one entity. Each of them starts when the value of custom picklist has been changed. Each of the workflows has stop line at the end. Unfortunatelly for some picklist options there are 4-5 times more created duplicate activities. Is there somebody, who can tell me what is the reason for that ? Best regards, Omega ...

New to Excel/VB and could use any help
Thanks in advance to any and all help!! My problem starts like this, I have data in Sheet2 that looks like: A B --------------------- Blue 5 Orange 12 Red 6 Blue 15 Blue 22 Red 5 What I need is a formula that can look at this and sort the top two colors of column A based on the highest total sum of the numbers associated with those numbers in column B, and then give me the total number of the sum. So the output would need to look something like this on sheet 1 for example: A B ...

Determine cluster mode Active/Active or Active/Passive??
This is a simple question but I'm new to Exchange 2003 clustering. We have 2-node Exc 2003 Ent cluster here at my new job. I need to apply the Daylight Savings patches this weekend and making sure I've got the process down. What I noticed in Cluster Admin is that I have online groups/resources in each cluster. So I have excluster1 and excluster2. If I check Active Groups for each one, they both have both and both are online. Same deal with Active Resources. So does this mean I have an Active/Active setup? Thanks for any info Active/Active = 2 cluster nodes, both hosting 1 Excha...