How can I hide my deleted emails from my inbox window?

When I delete email messages they still appear in my inbox window with a line
through them.  How can I change the view so that only my new and/or undeleted
messages appear in my inbox?
0
AznEyz16 (1)

Outlook version?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"AznEyz16" <AznEyz16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I delete email messages they still appear in my inbox window with a
> line
> through them.  How can I change the view so that only my new and/or
> undeleted
> messages appear in my inbox?

0
suemvp (4038)
3/1/2005 3:53:55 PM
AznEyz16 <AznEyz16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> When I delete email messages they still appear in my inbox window
> with a line through them.  How can I change the view so that only my
> new and/or undeleted messages appear in my inbox?

You're using an IMAP account..  The items will go away when you click
Edit>Purge Deleted Messages.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
3/1/2005 4:35:54 PM
"AznEyz16" <AznEyz16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I delete email messages they still appear in my inbox window with
> a line
> through them.  How can I change the view so that only my new and/or
> undeleted
> messages appear in my inbox?

That is how IMAP works.  Deleting them locally only *marks* them for
deletion when you update your IMAP server - by issuing a Purge command.
You might delete a message locally but the message remains on the server
and available for someone else to download, like you when you travel or
when sharing an IMAP account.  Not until you tell the *server* that you
want to delete the message from it does it actually happen.

Post your replies to the newsgroup.  Share with others.

OWA email subject dropdown menu?
Can someone please help me with customizing OWA: I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box. The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can specify it on the subject box. Thanks prem "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:3b92875.0502160207.48a26920@posting.google.com... > Can someone please help me with customizing OWA: > I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box. > The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can > specify it on the subject box. > > Thanks > prem Which ve...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

outlook express
Anyone know if there is anyway to recover emails, folders, contacts, etc... if you re-installed a new copy of xp over 2000 but didn't use the upgrade feature. That is to say, all of my 2000 OE doesn't appear when I open OE in the newly installed XP environment. Does the old info get stored in some file I can link to xp oe? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wi...

Lost Windows Live Mail Contacts
My Windows Live Mail contacts have been replaced by the few contacts in Windows Messenger, both in launching a new email - and also clicking on the contacts icon. I have tried all sorts of actions, including reboot, but the problem remains. WLM reflects 2 different sets of contacts depending upon whether you have "signed in" with your live ID... Depending on upon where you main contact list is stored.... you'll either want to sign-in or sign out... Login to the Live website and check your contact list. If everything is there, you'll need to be signed-in w...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

repetitive windows update
Despite my Outlook 2007 is correctly installed and working, from several days I am receiving KB980376 security update, that is unable to install as "unable to find the related product". Any idea on how to stop this bothering routine ? I tryed to install manually with Windows XP Pro safe install : no result! Thanks Manlio ...

Bulk attachments

Hide label and field if blank
How do I hide the label and field if field is blank? Thanks in advance. Are you working in MS Access? Are you working on a form or a report? Which version of Access? More info, please Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "jhicsupt" <jhicsupt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AF5FB29-9B63-43DB-BD82-547467F75F54@microsoft.com... > How do I hide the label and field if field is blank? > > Thanks in advance. I found this thread and need the same answer: I am working in MS Access 2003. I want to print a report from a table that has a list of ...

Deleting a batch...
I have just upgraded from QS2000.... I have redesigned my taxes to base them on the customers Custom text 1 field... (aka County) We tendered a transaction on a customer that was using an older tax schedule, we changed the customer record to use the new tax record... when we voided the tax record... It credited the new tax category instead of the one that was originally charged... I tried to switch the customer back to So I ran a sale and void in the reverse order, hoping the sale would offset the last void, and the new void would offset the first sale... but it didnt' work... W...

audible click when opening a new window.
I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I can't seem to figure it out. When I open a new folder or window there is a "click" sound that the computer makes. How can I turn this off? Thanks! Amadeus Try: Control Panel-Sounds "Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation" are the relevant items. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:56:27 -0700, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, Amadeus <Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I kno...

Multiple emails w/ same tracking token in one activity?
Is it possible to track an ongoing email conversation as a single activity (assuming tracking token is present and accurate), instead of having each outgoing and incoming email result in a separate activity? One troubleshooting conversation with a contact can end up creating 12 activities in their history. If anyone knows the answer and/or can tell me how to do so, please let me know. Thanks! Afraid not. Each of those seperate emails is a seperate "activity" and thus is tracked seperately. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "SCAB" <SCAB@discussions.microso...

Forward outgoing mail to email address
I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends mail through this mail box, I need it forward to "myexternalmail@externaldomain.com" How can I do this? thanks All explained here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "stoppal" <stoppal@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1134773472.049384.265090@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends > mai...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

how to delete templates
I have publisher templates I wish to delete. Please how to do this. I have Excel 2003 Do you have Publisher? What OS? In Windows XP the Publisher templates are in a folder similar to this (hidden). C:\Documents and Settings\<<user name>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates Vista, also hidden C:\Users\<<user name>>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "david winkley" <david winkley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ABC03B00-049C-4...

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this