How can I Change recurrence settings with OUT updating details????

Hello,

I have a recurring appointment that I use to keep daily notes.  I set it up
for 4:30 and would like to change it to 3:30 -- however, when I actually
make the change it clears ALL of my previous entires notes.  So I lose about
2 years worth of notes when I make this change.  Anyone know how I can make
the change without this loss of information?

Thanks
    Shawn

Create a new recurring appointment for 3:30 and end the recurrence of the
old one.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Shawn Anderson
asked:

| Hello,
|
| I have a recurring appointment that I use to keep daily notes.  I set
| it up for 4:30 and would like to change it to 3:30 -- however, when I
| actually make the change it clears ALL of my previous entires notes.
| So I lose about 2 years worth of notes when I make this change.
| Anyone know how I can make the change without this loss of
| information?
|
| Thanks
|    Shawn

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
9/18/2004 10:57:58 PM
The problem is, when I "end" the old one -- it deletes all the notes that I
have in the appointments for the last couple of years.  That is not an
acceptable option.  Any other ideas?

Shawn
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org>
wrote in message news:OhAXyLdnEHA.3464@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Create a new recurring appointment for 3:30 and end the recurrence of the
> old one.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Shawn Anderson
> asked:
>
> | Hello,
> |
> | I have a recurring appointment that I use to keep daily notes.  I set
> | it up for 4:30 and would like to change it to 3:30 -- however, when I
> | actually make the change it clears ALL of my previous entires notes.
> | So I lose about 2 years worth of notes when I make this change.
> | Anyone know how I can make the change without this loss of
> | information?
> |
> | Thanks
> |    Shawn

It will not solve your immediate problem with existing recurring
appointments but you may wish to review WS:Repeat Appointment for Outlook at
www.websetters.co.uk to see if this alternative approach provides you with
the solution you desire. Although the appointments are created as Repeat
Groups they can be managed as independent appointment therefore retaining
any characteristics established prior to Repeat Group closure.

Also be aware that version 2 is scheduled for Q4 Calendar 04 which greatly
enhances the current functionality in addition to introducing similar
functionality to the Outlook Recurrence function, include invites, time zone
impact awareness plus other features.

If you would like to understand more or perhaps hear about the early release
programme then contact software@websetters.co.uk.

Regards
Graeme

"Shawn Anderson" <sanderson@eye-catcher.com> wrote in message
> The problem is, when I "end" the old one -- it deletes all the notes that
> have in the appointments for the last couple of years.  That is not an
> acceptable option.  Any other ideas?
>
> Shawn
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org>
> wrote in message news:OhAXyLdnEHA.3464@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Create a new recurring appointment for 3:30 and end the recurrence of
the
> > old one.
> >
> > --�
> > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> >
> > Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
> > the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
> > account will be deleted without reading.
> >
> > After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Shawn Anderson
> > asked:
> >
> > | Hello,
> > |
> > | I have a recurring appointment that I use to keep daily notes.  I set
> > | it up for 4:30 and would like to change it to 3:30 -- however, when I
> > | actually make the change it clears ALL of my previous entires notes.
> > | So I lose about 2 years worth of notes when I make this change.
> > | Anyone know how I can make the change without this loss of
> > | information?
> > |
> > | Thanks
> > |    Shawn

0
msnews.f (3)

Changing domain names
When I first set up sbs2003 I used companyweb as my domain name. How do I change it to my xyz.com domain? Also if anyone knows of any helpful tutorials on this subject it would really help. Thanks in Advance Take a look at: 822447 How to Modify an SMTP E-Mail Address by Using Recipient Policies http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822447 You'll need to ensure that the new domain (xyz.com) has MX records pointing to your router (which should then point to the mail server) or directly to the mail server. You'll most likely need to modify the default recipient policy and change t...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Online prices updating quit
It is no longer available as a choice... only manual updating of prices is now available. Anyone know how to get it back? I already removed and reinstalled program (2004 Deluxe). Could it be corrupted .mny file? In microsoft.public.money, david_b2 wrote: >It is no longer available as a choice... only manual updating of prices is >now available. Anyone know how to get it back? I already removed and >reinstalled program (2004 Deluxe). Could it be corrupted .mny file? Help->About->OnlineServicesPolicy and Help->About->LicenseAgreement (section 2. DESCRIPTION OF ...

Can't send/receive

Money 2006 not updating properly
My bank, Bank One, was purchased by Chase, and until recently maintained a separate identity. My Money 2006 listed all my accounts with Bank One, and updated my records regularly. Now Bank One has merged completely, and all accounts are Chase accounts. Money has created a new Chase account which lists only transactions since Bank One was converted to Chase, and I need to merge everything into one account. How do I do that? Thanks, Terry Hi Terry, Very simple process. 1. click on the account list, then click on manage online services on the left under common tasks. 2. click on ban...

Can not Customize Leads View

repetitive windows update
Despite my Outlook 2007 is correctly installed and working, from several days I am receiving KB980376 security update, that is unable to install as "unable to find the related product". Any idea on how to stop this bothering routine ? I tryed to install manually with Windows XP Pro safe install : no result! Thanks Manlio ...

language setting
I need to change my keyboard to an arabic setting and I'm told to install windows xp professional cd rom. HELP, I can't find my cd rom. "rbrooks" <rbrooks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8EE0A65-0112-405C-BD74-EF64207137D0@microsoft.com... >I need to change my keyboard to an arabic setting and I'm told to install > windows xp professional cd rom. HELP, I can't find my cd rom. I looked around my office and it was not here! I don't think you left it here. On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 16:54:49 -0700, "Richard in AZ"...

Bulk attachments

HR Benefit Table
I'm trying to do some cleanup of our benefits (delete benefits that were enrolled and never used) and in the process of querying table BE010130 there are a ton of benefits that have a 0 in the BENEFITSTATUS_I field. When I try to pull them up in GP they don't show under the specified employee. Can anyone tell me what these are and if I can delete them? ------=_NextPart_0001_079D83ED Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, After looking at the HRBEN.DOC from the SDK, it doesn't appear the BE010130 should have a value of 0. The values that should b...

Start background thread when a UI button is clicked, and Update UI button from background thread
I was asked these questions during a technical interview: 1) When the user clicks on a button on the form and that invokes a lot of heavy-duty calculations, what would you do? My answer: I would use "BeginInvoke" to start a background worker thread to do the heavy-duty calculations, in order to avoid blocking the main UI thread. Then he asked, "What does 'BeginInvoke' do"? I said it was a .NET pattern to start a background thread from a UI thread. Did I get it right? 2) Why can't you simply update a button on the UI thread from a background ...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

several problems with windows update and WMDC
I installed WDMC and now i have to run this following update: Microsoft Corporation - Other hardware - Windows Mobile-based device support but after I hit install the system is showing me this error: Microsoft Corporation - Other hardware - Windows Mobile-based device support Installation date: ‎11/‎30/‎2009 12:54 PM Error details: Code 80070103 Update type: Recommended can somebody tell me what to do with this error? AL Hello Al, Run Windows Update manually & "hide" the update. <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952032> -=- &q...

AUTO FILTER NOT CHANGING RESULTS
Hello, Problem #1: I have a giant workbook with 240 tabs. Each of the 238 sheets contain specific information to them. This information is put in from a master sheet via an Array formual, when I put in a new sheet all the other sheets gain their infromation from the master sheet. Each of the sheets has about 70 lines and based on how much activity there was on a certain account the lines can range from anywhere from no acctivity to all 70 lines. So what I have done on the last coloumn on each sheet is put in a custom Auto Filter, to show me only if the cell is greater than 0. My p...